Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration (12314 Views)

Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume / Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / APC Lauds Obiano Over Developmental Strides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 25, 2013
All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, governorship candidate in Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano may be replaced by his first runner-up in the party primaries, Iyom Uche Ekwunife, following the problems he was experiencing over allegations of double registration as a voter.

Obiano allegedly registered as a voter in Lagos and registered again in Awka, the Anambra State capital instead of his ward in Aguleri town, Anambra East Local Government Area of the state.

The Anambra State voter's card with VIN number 90f5B15E7D378 was reportedly issued to Obiano on September 3, 2013.

Sources told Vanguard that following revelations of the double registration, the state Resident Electoral Commissioner, REC, Prof. Chukwuemeka Onukaogu had warned that the action would attract severe sanctions as provided in the Electoral Act.

Onukaogu explained that in an event of a voter relocating to another town, he or she could only apply for transfer of registration to his new location and not to engage in double registration, prompting the party to mull the idea of replacing the governorship candidate with Ekwunife, who is a member of the House of Representatives.

The state APGA chairman, Chief Mike Kwentoh, told reporters that the allegation of double registration was not true, adding that what Willie Obiano did was to ask for the transfer of his registration from Lagos to Anambra.

His words: "The allegation of double registration is not true. Obiano only transferred his registration from Lagos to Anambra State. People should disregard such stories and treat it as false.''
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/oct/24/301.html
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by DonColz1(m): 6:17am On Oct 25, 2013
Obaino is a good man nah.

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by kingofpool: 6:20am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by ifyalways(f): 6:23am On Oct 25, 2013
Sorry but Apga if they are to be judged with their recent displays in Anambra state, are nothing but a set of confused clowns.

11 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by gurnam: 6:38am On Oct 25, 2013
Obiano's governorship aspiration is a fraud....a fraud that is falling apart like a badly built mud house.

3 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by gregg2: 6:45am On Oct 25, 2013
They is no cause for alarm.
Some of these news stories are sponsored by his rivals. It's a sign they are jittery.

4 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by gregg2: 6:48am On Oct 25, 2013
One thing I know is sure: APC will never win in Anambra

8 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by gbanikiti(m): 6:53am On Oct 25, 2013
Obi's stooge is as confused as Obi himself. Bunch of confusionists in an already confused and dead party! grin

10 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by RoyalRoy(m): 7:09am On Oct 25, 2013
gregg2: One thing I know is sure: APC will never win in Anambra

Siddon there make PATA and SINGLET dey wear you.

You carry TECNO phone for hand in LAGOS dey PROPHECY....when real people are on ground doing all that is necessary to ensure their best candidates win.

Yeye cushion chair general....fighting with his mouth instead of his hand!!!

18 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by dridowu: 8:09am On Oct 25, 2013
I believe this man Obiano was not ready to rule Anambra State, they are just forcing him to do what he never planned for. If he was ready he would have registeted in Anambra State rather than Lagos State and he would not be thinking of transferring his voters card from state to state.

5 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Lilimax(f): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2013
Fresh air for Ada anyi nwanyi na NRI: Iyom Uche Ekwunife smiley
Hoping that something good comes out of this undecided.

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 25, 2013
Lilimax: Fresh air for Ada anyi nwayi na NRI Iyom Uche Ekwunife smiley
Hoping that something good comes out of this undecided.

Who knows, with Obi's support, she may become the first elected female governor in Nigeria.
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2013
Hahahaha joke of the day.INEC HAS CLARED OBIANO ON THAT ALLIGATION.FIND ANOTHER THING TO SAY.APC WINNING ANAMBRA IS LIKE A CHRISTIAN BEING THE PRESIDENT OF SAUDI ARABIA.

6 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by snika: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2013
Trash 'news', next topic please...
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Sllowppoisoon: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2013
K
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by ettybaba(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2013
VICTORCIZA: Hahahaha joke of the day.INEC HAS CLARED OBIANO ON THAT ALLIGATION.FIND ANOTHER THING TO SAY.APC WINNING ANAMBRA IS LIKE A CHRISTIAN BEING THE PRESIDENT OF SAUDI ARABIA.
What brought APC into this? You're in secured, dude.

7 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by venorite(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2013
These people are making things easy for apc and ngige. With the confusion in apga and pdp bringing an unknown element, I see ngige having a flawless win. He has been tested before.

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by yunglykmine(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2013
Royal Roy:

Siddon there make PATA and SINGLET dey wear you.

You carry tecno phone for hand in Lagos dey prophesy....when people are on ground doing all that is necessary to ensure their best candidates win.

Yeye cushion general....fighting with his mouth instead of his hand!!!
What is this one saying?
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Lilimax(f): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2013
CFCfan:

Who knows, with Obi's support, she may become the first elected female governor in Nigeria.
Let's see how it goes smiley?
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by oboy3(m): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2013
obi / obiano = A No
this is the lastest equation
say no to apuga

4 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Sheggy13(m): 9:37am On Oct 25, 2013

You'll come back to eat your words after November 16 my friend. That was how people like you who know nothing about politics said during the last general election that Yoruba party ACN can never win in Anambra.Now you have Senator Ngige who is still coming back to rule you as governor. Already you can see the main opposition parties APGA and PDP having tensions and commotion in their camp..That "boko haram" party APC, according to people like you is extending to Anambra come November 16 as it has done to Imo already. You guys need to learn the dynamics of Nigerian politics instead of sounding like clowns with your usual ranting, empty chest beating and never-ending ultimatums lol.

5 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by capip120(m): 9:42am On Oct 25, 2013
some body lied!!!
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Cutesexy1(f): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2013
Nice joke
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Slizbeat(m): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2013
I laugh in Swahili.

Obiano has been cleared since and what he did was a transfer and not double registration.

Ngige will not even win in Idemili South where he is from and it happens to be my L.G.A. Mark my words.

November 16th things.

Don't quote.

4 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by gurnam: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2013
Was he planning to one day run for Lagos state governorship under APGA....
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by ifyalways(f): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2013
Slizbeat: I laugh in Swahili.

Obiano has been cleared since and what he did was a transfer and not double registration.

Ngige will not even win in Idemili South where he is from and it happens to be my L.G.A. Mark my words.

November 16th things.

Don't quote.
Quoted for future reference tongue

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Youngzedd(m): 10:10am On Oct 25, 2013
ifyalways: Sorry but Apga if they are to be judged with their recent displays in Anambra state, are nothing but a set of confused clowns.

GBAM!
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by SIRJENTLE: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2013
THE APGA STATE CHAIRMAN SHOULD SAY THE TRUTH AND STAND BY IT.

THE STATEMENT BY THE REPORTER IS THAT A VOTER'S CARD WAS ISSUED TO OBIANO THIS OCTOBER IN ANAMBRA.

WHY ARE YOU TALKING OF HIS APPLYING FOR TRANSFER OF THE SAID CARD FROM LAGOS.
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by OILOFGLADNESS: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2013

BE wise!!! dont vote rather vote the candidate!!!

we need the best in anambra state.
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by slimghost(m): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2013
I thought they said Obiano is a NOBODY in Anambra? So why are they sponsoring false claims to get him disqualified? I laugh in bantu! Willie Obiano is definitely the next Governor of Anambra state. even the goats and chickens in my state know that already.

2 Likes

Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 25, 2013
Only someone that doesnt personally know that lady will allow her to get close to him/her let alone putting her in charge of anything let alone being in charge of a state.

We need decent men and women as public office holders not those that just want to line their pockets.
Re: Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration by Slizbeat(m): 10:36am On Oct 25, 2013
ifyalways: Quoted for future reference tongue

Lol, you harsh oo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling / Julius Berger To Open Diversions On Lagos/ibadan Expressway During Yuletide—frsc / Okonjo-Iweala To Senators: Focus On Project Implementation Not Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.