Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe (8392 Views)

24-hour Curfew Imposed On Potiskum... / 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri / Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Manchidede(m): 7:35am On Oct 25, 2013
A 24-hour curfew has been imposed across Yobe state.

The curfew was announced by the spokesman of the 3 Division Special Operation Battalion, Damaturu on Thursday night.

Captain Eli Lazarus, Spokesman of the Division in a press statement urged law abiding citizens to remain calm as the Battalion steps up its operation to rid the state of insurgents.

The Nation learnt that the imposition of the curfew followed the invasion of the state capital by insurgents on Thursday night.

The insurgents reportedly attacked mega petrol stations and and were engaged in a shoot out with men of the Joint Military task force.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/24-hour-curfew-inmposed-yobe/

More at http://..com/
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Kponkwem(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2013
Makes no difference. The cycle has always been 1)An attack 2) Official condemnations and promises of security 2)Business as usual 4) Another attack..

6 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by pfijacobs(m): 11:54am On Oct 25, 2013
Na wa o..
*modified*
father i bless ur name.. 4 d oppurtunity to b second to comment.. Wit my small nokia c1...
*in saka's voice*: 2nd to commenti o jare
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 25, 2013
JTF should hunt those niggas out and shoot them on sight
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by pendusky(m): 11:55am On Oct 25, 2013
WER THEY WAITING FOR PRESIDENT TO TRAVEL? HUH?
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Ugoc3(m): 11:57am On Oct 25, 2013
totAl trash...from thE nigerian military....thEy nEEd to b proActive....i jst piTy the civilians leaving in the north...talk about HELL on earth
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2013
Although the curfew idea is god but I don't think it will solve this menace by this bloodthirsty virgin seeker who has been brainwashed beyond all reasonable doubt

More will still spring up from God knows where.

Until the northern elites and their sponsors speak out/confess the names of those behind this fucktardry, this murderers will still be on the loose maiming people and butchering innocent people.

Imagine what the civilian JTF has achieved in so little time, then compare it to what will be achieved when their sponsors/northern elites speak out/expose those involved in this inhumane acts

2 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
ok
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by dedons: 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
Who cares
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by 3Dimension: 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
God please we don't want this daily routine of sheddin innocent blood.
We want a stop to this unruly behaviour by some unscrupulous elments
We want peace to reign in nigeria
We want unity and stability in our nation.
We don't want ppl to die because of the boko boys again.
We knw u can answer us lord.
Pls do.

Amen(click like to say amen)

9 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by dedons: 12:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
carujmonella: Good
is that all u can say
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by dedons: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
3Dimension: This boko boys sef.....what is dir problem?
bros,english no hard na
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by paschalndidi(m): 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
When will this country be free of violence? Things are really getting out of hand
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by dedons: 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
gboss4sure: JTF should hunt those niggas out and shoot them on sight
they need your help

you seem to know their hiding place
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Cahmegga: 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
May God be with 'em...and I stayed in Kano for some good years during the crisis...u guys shouldn't blame JTF pls..the weapons Boko Haram use are sophisticated...hearing the sound can make u pee in ur pants out of fear! Security personnels only show up at scenes of attack after like 30-40mins...who wan die?! In a country where u die and ur family are left to suffer....forget JTF! I can say this categorically, they alone can't stop boko haram! Na just God! Prayers alone can solve this....GEJ is clearly incapable of attacking the problem. He has "condemned" and "condemned" attacks and promised falsefully he would see an end to this problem...buh still, people die! With the politiKing pressure getting higher, its only natural for GEJ to aim towards retaining office in 2015.....that's top of his agenda at the moment...a trip to Israel?! Imagine that!! With our money! To do what?! If he wants to go there for "spiritual whatever", he should use his personal money! And not use public funds to pack people along like he is one super star musician...I wonder who is more corrupt, himself or his fellow Israel going madam who happens to be the aviation minister.....May God help us all! Smh

3 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by premlove(m): 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
embarassed
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by nnocurruption: 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
wonderful Country. undecided
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by laivwire(m): 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ugo.c.:
totAl trash...from thE nigerian military....thEy nEEd to b proActive....i jst piTy the civilians leaving in the north...talk about HELL on earth

rrally, yu cant go out for fear of being killed in a shootout or explosion. 24hr curfew means no work play or any form of excitement. i really pity them
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by ZUBY77(m): 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
ok
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
dedons: is that all u can say

I have edited my post. I meant the curfew is welcomed at least to calm things and prolly shoot down this fuctardious virgin seekers, the ones they can get though

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by dridowu: 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hmmmmm, i tire 4 ds boko boiz ooooooo
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by solomon111(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Cahmegga: May God be with 'em...and I stayed in Kano for some good years during the crisis...u guys shouldn't blame JTF pls..the weapons Boko Haram use are sophisticated...hearing the sound can make u pee in ur pants out of fear! Security personnels only show up at scenes of attack after like 30-40mins...who wan die?! In a country where u die and ur family are left to suffer....forget JTF! I can say this categorically, they alone can't stop boko haram! Na just God! Prayers alone can solve this....GEJ is clearly incapable of attacking the problem. He has "condemned" and "condemned" attacks and promised falsefully he would see an end to this problem...buh still, people die! With the politiKing pressure getting higher, its only natural for GEJ to aim towards retaining office in 2015.....that's top of his agenda at the moment...a trip to Israel?! Imagine that!! With our money! To do what?! If he wants to go there for "spiritual whatever", he should use his personal money! And not use public funds to pack people along like he is one super star musician...I wonder who is more corrupt, himself or his fellow Israel going madam who happens to be the aviation minister.....May God help us all! Smh
I hope people like you never find their way into our military.
Coward.

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by nerodenero: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
paschal ndidi: When will this country be free of violence? Things are really getting out of hand
Violence is going to continue till end of times and there is no stopping it. Our prayer should be not be a victim of such violence as time goes on.

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Seyixyz: 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
Southerners wit dia talk talk..Cowards sittin in d comfort of dia homes & pushin buttons..Blamin JTF & proferin solutions without graspin d full reality of wat happens in d north..Make una shut una latrine mouth jor..Rubbish
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Emmanuel602(m): 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
Insurgency in nigeria can only be linked to one tribe and that is KANURI. The only reason why there have not been any record of shooting in adamawa state since the declaration of SOE is because there are no kanuri indigens in adamawa state

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
dedons: Who cares

You should care. There are innocent Nigerians in Yobe too, you know?
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by Donmams(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
As 2015 nears, GEJ will do his best to destabilize the North in order to prevent elections from taking place at all costs. We know the Chief of Army Staff is behind the shootings we see in most parts of the North East. Their schemes will fail.

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by stan4b(m): 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe by SamMilla1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Why impose curfew in Yobe when Enugu is the most dangerous state in West Africa?

You see how silly the Enugu International Airport made you people look.

How Long do you people think holding the Igbo Nation down and telling lies against them will last? Probably not Forever.
You lie against Enugu, Anambra, Oduah, Jonathan, Ojukwu, Bianca while i never heard you say anything about the loud mouthed Fani Kayode who kiss and tell in public.
You never said anything about Tinubu who have been holding Lagos State hostage.
You assassinated Bola Ige but you condemned someone who kidnapped another for money?
Do you not see the massive hypocrisy in that?

Your popular Baba Suwe was caught with drugs at the airport, yet you pointed your filty fingers at a young Igbo hustler who tried to do the same.

Your Obasanjo ordered the killing of a native people in Odi who fought for their rights while you condemn Jonathan for declaring state of Emergency in Yobe.

Your Fani Kayode did no single significant thing as aviation minister and you are calling for the sack of Oduah who managed to make Lagos airport look decent.

According to you, every other tribe is clueless about leadership except you while you conspired to stop Biafra from leaving?

You party bigots campaigned for SNC and when the President started to initiate it on his own terms, it suddenly became a bad idea.

If your neighbour is a begger, don't you realise he or she would always start the begging from your house?
You tell lies against a people, you discriminate against them while they flourished as individuals.
My advice to all the people telling silly lies against other people is to turn around and try to keep up with the trending development just like the western World are doing. You need to remove the dirt in your eyes before trying to do the same for someone else.

Crime is never a one-people thing.
If we must fight against it, we must do so by condemning it no matter where it was committed or who committed it.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladipo Market Demolished / Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode / I’ll Ditch My Husband’s Homeland For South-East If Nigeria Splits: Onyeka Onwenu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.