Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? (757 Views)

How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading / Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
I am asking about Real paper bible, not E-bibles...
There many people who can show off wit their Newspapers, Novel....
But not bible
hope you are not one Of them?...
You do not need to lie...no one is catching you
Re: Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? by VanTee20(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sure thing
Re: Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
Of course ah can mostly wen am in a bus
Re: Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? by mumumugu(m): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
Why should i read it in public? To show off?
Re: Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? by Fhemmmy: 11:13pm On Oct 28, 2013
Yes, i can read it anywhere and anytime . . .
Re: Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
Elantracey: Of course ah can mostly wen am in a bus

Make sure you read it silently to yourself. If you dare disturb my type in a commercial bus, expect a dirty slap as your takeaway
Re: Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? by Fhemmmy: 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
Make sure you read it silently to yourself. If you dare disturb my type in a commercial bus, expect a dirty slap as your takeaway

So what would you do someone reading a novel beside you on the local bus?
Besides, reading is not same as reading to someone else, when you read, you dont read aloud instead read to yourself.
Re: Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So what would you do someone reading a novel beside you on the local bus?
Besides, reading is not same as reading to someone else, when you read, you dont read aloud instead read to yourself.

cant you read?

FOLYKAZE:

Re: Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? by Fhemmmy: 11:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

cant you read?

The question was about reading, and i am not sure which area you reside, when people really read, they dont read loud, they read to themselves and not to the crowd . . . .
I wish someone will read aloud beside someone like you and you deliver the slap at your own risk . . . .
Re: Can You Read Your Bible In The Public? by mcfynest(m): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2013
BY GOD'S GRACE, WHY NOT/?/ I was with my fiancee 2 days ago at a fastfood joint(since it is not advisable to be together alone and not for showing off) and after sime pleasantries, she brought out tge bible and we started eating it....it was so sweet that it tastes like wild honey in our mouth.....

so nothing wrong with it, it is just the moyive behind it, and doing it doesnt determine ones salvation....

(1) (Reply)

The Prodigal Son Is Today's Born-again Believer / : / You Are Helping The Devil Without Knowing It!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.