Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF (10974 Views)

Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout / Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP / NLC Urges FG To Remit N35bn Pension Money To Pfas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fresh N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF

By: Christiana Esebonu on October 25, 2013 - 3:06am

A few months after the dissolution of the Abdulrasheed Maina-led Pension Reform Task Team (PRTT), another stolen N35 billion pension fund has been uncovered at the office of the Head of Service of the Federation (HoSF).

The head of service, Alhaji Bukar Goni, was said to have hijacked the payment of pensioners even before the task team was unofficially disbanded.

The media consultant of PRTT, MrOlajide Fashikun, who disclosed this during a press conference, expressed shock that the nation’s economic saboteurs who were bent on destroying the future of retirees resorted to using falsified documents to defraud government to the tune of N35bn.

LEADERSHIP FRIDAY gathered that 13 senior civil servants linked to the fresh scam have been arrested and are cooling their feet at the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

When contacted, the spokesman of the anti-graft commission, Mr Folu Olamiti,confirmed the arrest: “I just confirmed that we have carried out a series of investigations in that office. Specifically, we have been going in and out of that office and have concluded investigations and transferred some of those found wanting to court.”

Meanwhile, the media consultant to the PRTT who cautioned Senator Aloysious Etuk to count him (Maina) out of his political perils, as neither he nor the task team has a prior knowledge of the petition to the EFCC and ICPC entitled “Corrupt enrichment and acceptance of N50,000,000 bribery, cars, landed property and industrial equipment leveled against the chairman of the Senate Committee on Pension and Establishment”.

Fashikun, while responding to Senator Etuk’s allegations that he was the brains behind the over-bloated petition by ShuaibuTeidi’s lawyers, challenged him to show proof of where he was named by the staff and friends of the pension suspects.

He noted that it is the revealing nature of the petition which has unraveled too many truths yet untold and is seemingly too heavy for the senator and a few of his friends to bear. He called on both anti-graft agencies to urgently open up investigation.

He said, “The PRTT strongly believes that all this accusation is in a bid to stave the two anti-graft agencies from doing what they are statutorily supposed to do when they open up the investigation. In fact, this is why Senator Etuk and his colleague in the committee, BabafemiOjudu, are screaming blue murder. Even when they cannot eat in their houses, the cause certainly must be Maina.”

While recalling that he was muscled by a combination of forces that are desperate to sustain and retain the status quo ante of pension thieves, Maina stated with equanimity that the senator’s ordeals signifies that God is at work.

He continued: “Why and why now did this come forth and from the quarters it is coming? It is our firm belief that facts laid out in the petition are too deep for anyone who is not involved to have so delivered. This is why investigative journalism should be upped to dig and relate the unfolding events for the nation’s good.

“The police, ICPC and EFCC should be interested. The petitioners are alive. They are not hidden. Their names were revealed with contact details. They should be invited to help the nation get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”

Source
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
One month, one scandal! Fresh air noo ni.

2 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Donmams(m): 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
Men! Buhari is going to have a hard time finding enough jail cells to put all of these gov't thieves in 2015!

47 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
Prof Corruption: One month, one scandal! Fresh air noo ni.

Indeed Prof. And evidently, these crimes are so bad, so encompassing, that no right thinking Nigerian should shed a tear if all pension bandits were to be tied to the stakes and shot!

But wait a minute, in a land of "monkey no fine, but im mama love am", my musings are nothing more than wishful thinking...

1 Like

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by bloggernaija: 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
President Shagari ,
Sorry
DUMBO JOE's destiny is to bankrupt Nigeria.
There is no better argument for regionalism or outright partition than this example of bad leadership.
THE GOVERNMENT HAS COMPLETELY LOST CONTROL.

2 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by homesteady(m): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
bloggernaija: President Shagari ,
Sorry
DUMBO JOE's destiny is to bankrupt Nigeria.
There is no better argument for regionalism or outright partition than this example of bad leadership.
THE GOVERNMENT HAS COMPLETELY LOST CONTROL.

Did you really understand the article? undecided I'm sure that you only read the headline!

7 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Tolexander: 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Prof Corruption: One month, one scandal! Fresh air noo ni.
o man, nothing thrives more than corruption!
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
Donmams: Men! Buhari is going to have a hard time finding enough jail cells to put all of these gov't thieves in 2015!
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by owolabifunke14(f): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
Every elder statesman in Nigeria is a thief. Oh lord why always Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Danhumprey: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Why are there too much scandals plaguing us as a country? Where did we got it wrong?

How can some people saddled with paying our veterans and elder ones who have served this nation selflessly and honourably,be so heartless as to divert the money meant for them elsewhere? This is just heartlessness and selfishness.

2 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by bloggernaija: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
homesteady:

Did you really understand the article? undecided I'm sure that you only read the headline!
i do not understand because i am not in your reeking "fresh air " system.
In the no air system where I reside, you cannot misappropriate $100 without being flagged by the system.
An ordinary civil servant had access to and stole more than a 100,000,000 dollars .
Who do you blame?
Them roadside mechanic or the palm-wine tapper.
GO LEARN YOUR CIVIC BEFORE COMMENTING

12 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by taharqa: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
I hope that d IJIOTS who hv commented on this thread undastad that it is President Jonathan's Task Force that is exposing and prosecuting these Pension Thieves in d ministry (most of which happened b4 his tenure). Compare to d FRAUD going on in lagos, esp that LekkiEpe SCAM, where Fashola refused to release info to the people who took d State to court unda d guise that the State does not recognise d Freedom of Information (FOI) Bill...

5 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by ikeyman00(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
@@@

this isnt about igbo

once again they ve gone asleep

like they say power must go back to north

i guess this northern thief will soon head to mecca

2 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by homesteady(m): 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
bloggernaija:
In the no air system where I reside, you cannot misappropriate $100 without being flagged by the system.
An ordinary civil servant had access to and stole more than a 100,000,000 dollars .
Who do you blame?

Have they caught the person behind the corruption? undecided

1 Like

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by seunfly: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fresh air!!! Fresh corruption!!!!
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by taharqa: 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
bloggernaija:
Who do you blame?
lol... Lagos is such a system, right?? A state that engage a Concessionaire to construct a 49km Road with about #50billion but wud end up spending bw #170bn- #180bn in constructing same in a Concession agreement that is front in Utmost Secrecy... Stop bn a CLOWN

6 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
It is time for war with these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either they kill us all or we put corruption at Zero!!!!!

35b naira can do a lot of things for 1 million people!!!!! water amenity, hospitals. If we budget 35b naira to build hospitals in Niger Delta villages, we will health care to at least 70% of impoverished communities in the niger Delta.

If we budget the 35b for health care in the north, we will bring health care to at least 50% of those living in small towns and villages.

Mehn!!!! I'm tired of this shit!!!

Nigerians this is war!!! your common wealth is being carted away and you are watching!!

Me I go talk, man no fit cheat me and Eledumare no dey cheat so we are not supposed to be cheated as inequality scorches the soul and makes the soul cave in on it's burdens!!!

Fight my people, let's fight!! Let's rebel!!

4 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Omexonomy: 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
Tenks for showing these blind he-goats on nairaland the right way.
There are too many m0r0ns on nairaland most of the money were embezell right from the days of IBB
taharqa: I hope that d IJIOTS who hv commented on this thread undastad that it is President Jonathan's Task Force that is exposing and prosecuting these Pension Thieves in d ministry (most of which happened b4 his tenure). Compare to d FRAUD going on in lagos, esp that LekkiEpe SCAM, where Fashola refused to release info to the people who took d State to court unda d guise that the State does not recognise d Freedom of Information (FOI) Bill...

3 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Omexonomy: 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
That money was been stolen right from the days of ibb abacha obj et al. Gej is just trying to expose them and the amount been stolen so as to show the public what is going.

2 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by chymystique(f): 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Don't these Thieves have Conscience?? Dey r jst bringin curses upon thr generation with this kinda act...

Na wa for this country called Nigeria undecided #shame
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by atlwireles: 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
The problem of big government. Abuja does too much in our lives, the sooner we reduce this central administration style, the better. There are never any positives, just a truckload of negatives.

1 Like

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by omenka(m): 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
I want to bang my head against the wall when I read some of these news!!! Are these people human beings at all This is just beyond comprehension!!!

And the worst part,,, nobody is going to jail!!!!
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by doctokwus: 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
There is no light at d end of dis dark tunnel;if anyone sees any light its that of an oncoming train!
Most times I evn get tired of all these comments on d internet,because I avent sincerely seen any change despite all d outcry,its as some kids are just made to av fun ranting wt their keyboards/keys while those at d helm carry on wt their atrocities

1 Like

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by iphy42: 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
Omexonomy: That money was been stolen right from the days of ibb abacha obj et al. Gej is just trying to expose them and the amount been stolen so as to show the public what is going.

Abeg find another lie. Ibb ko, Abacha ni! GEJ, the saint who says corruption isn't our problem!
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by iphy42: 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
taharqa: I hope that d IJIOTS who hv commented on this thread undastad that it is President Jonathan's Task Force that is exposing and prosecuting these Pension Thieves in d ministry (most of which happened b4 his tenure). Compare to d FRAUD going on in lagos, esp that LekkiEpe SCAM, where Fashola refused to release info to the people who took d State to court unda d guise that the State does not recognise d Freedom of Information (FOI) Bill...

The easiest way to recognize sycophants is that they result to name calling when boxed to a corner.

Show us proof that GEJ uncovered the rot in the system... Or I forgot, Maina his pension taskforce head that stole billions of the pension fund was appointed by Ibb and Abacha

6 Likes

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by Brimmie(m): 1:01am On Oct 26, 2013
The Media is the Only Tool we have to fight corruption.. Too bad!! sad
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by iamswizz(m): 9:00am On Oct 26, 2013
Thiefery in high places... God help us!
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by buoye1(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2013
Scam here Scam there.....Naija my nation!!!!!!Danger is looming
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by slap1(m): 9:03am On Oct 26, 2013
Make I hear say Nigeria go better.
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by juman(m): 9:04am On Oct 26, 2013
Why the system is sooooo porous that people are just stealing money anyhow?

Why there is no check and balance in the system?

Well sha, nigeria is a country that belong to nobody.
Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by wellmax(m): 9:05am On Oct 26, 2013
[size=18pt]FRESH AIR EVERYWHERE[/size]

As you are reading this, someone somewhere is destroying evidences and sharing loots Ŧo avoid being caught.

1 Like

Re: N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF by venorite(m): 9:09am On Oct 26, 2013
They should fu*king divide this messed up country. When you start stealing from the old, you are heartless.. Every politician deserves to die either through plane crash or boko haram God save your people. 35billion,damn

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

14 Days After, Tinubu, Obi, Kwankwaso Yet To Commence Campaigns / Delta APC To Tribunal: Some Of Your Judgments Are Questionable, We're Surprised / FG, Come Clean On Nigeria’s Bankruptcy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.