Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? (1957 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / He Wants More Children / Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
It obvious in our society that the poor bear more children than they can afford to take care of. Ironically the rich that have all it takes to care for 20 children end up just having maximum of 2. Why is this so?
Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by bellong: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
The same reason that made the rich to be rich and poor to be poor

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
bellong: The same reason that made the rich to be rich and poor to be poor
being poor is in the state of mind.

@op well most of them don't know what is family planning, & it seems like sex is the only thing that gives them joy.
Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by EfemenaXY: 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
Charlesamino: It obvious in our society that the poor bear more children than they can afford to take care of. Ironically the rich that have all it takes to care for 20 children end up just having maximum of 2. Why is this so?

Lack of education and family awareness / planning.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by mumumugu(m): 11:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
Poor are more fertile
Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by Kanwulia: 12:24am On Oct 26, 2013
Because they are too poor to ABORT like BIANCA KEKE-OJUKWU! tongue
Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by sheniqua: 12:40am On Oct 26, 2013
Because there is nothing else to do or look forward to
They can't afford a vacation
They don't have any recreation
No neighborhood parks
No libraries to read
Can't afford gym membership
Can't afford to go out to eat
Can't afford the movies
Can't log into nairaland and pass time
The Mosquitos are biting
Hunger dey wire them
Armed robbers are shooting outside
Don't have money to put fuel in their " I pass my neighbor"
Can't afford contraceptives
What else to do after selling mama put and pushing wheelbarrow all day long at the motor park than ikwokirikwo which doesn't cost money
9 months later,WAEC will release result

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by Afam4eva(m): 12:42am On Oct 26, 2013
Most people with poverty of the mind are usually economically poor and most times are not educated unlike their rich counterparts who are educated on things like this. For poor people, as long as the woman is not barren, babies will keep popping out.
Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by armyofone(m): 12:57am On Oct 26, 2013
Because Big O is stress reliever for the poor.

All is fair during sex and Or.gasm
Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by greatgod2012(f): 3:06am On Oct 26, 2013
I think I have a different opinion.

They probably see many children as investment, as people that will take care of them when they are old, and that the more they are, the better for them in terms of being taken care off.

Another reason is that, they have this mentality that, when there are many children, their burials will be talk of the town, in terms of the burial ceremony that would be held for them.

The most annoying reason is that, the poor have this mindset that, any child can die at any time, so it's better for them to have them in many, so that, even if some couldn't make it, some will definitely make it.

And for the training of the kids, they know there's always rich/average people around to help them take care and train their kids for them.

Hhhhmmmmm, every man is the reflection of his mindset.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by angelTI(f): 9:04am On Oct 26, 2013
Sex is the only form of relaxation they know!
Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by dasparrow: 10:00am On Oct 26, 2013
greatgod2012: I think I have a different opinion.

They probably see many children as investment, as people that will take care of them when they are old, and that the more they are, the better for them in terms of being taken care off.

Another reason is that, they have this mentality that, when there are many children, their burials will be talk of the town, in terms of the burial ceremony that would be held for them.

The most annoying reason is that, the poor have this mindset that, any child can die at any time, so it's better for them to have them in many, so that, even if some couldn't make it, some will definitely make it.

And for the training of the kids, they know there's always rich/average people around to help them take care and train their kids for them.

Hhhhmmmmm, every man is the reflection of his mindset.
May God help us all.

@Bolded

You know, poor people better watch it. The bolded reason above is not only extremely selfish but wicked as well. People should only give birth to children if they have the resources to take care of the children and if they have what it takes to be good parents to a child. Often times, people who don't even know what they are doing are having a whole bunch of kids. My aunt is one of those. She is financially struggling even though her husband is still alive yet chose to have so many kids and she is now living along with her children, grandchildren and daughter-in-law on my mother's property which my mother struggled to build years back. Who will blame the children when one of them grows up and uses either his selfish poverty-stricken mother or father for money rituals because he is desperate to get outta poverty? Any parent who chooses to bring children into the world when they don't have what it takes to adequately provide for them deserves whatever the adult child will do to such kind of parents in old age including using them for sacrificial offering in exchange for sudden earthly wealth.
Re: Why Do The Poor Bear More Children Than The Rich? by Daresh(f): 10:20am On Oct 26, 2013
I was taught this in Human Geography in school and its about the only thing I remember. The poor have no other means of recreation so they have endless sex. Coupled with high illiteracy and not knowing or not being able to afford birth control, they reproduce like rabbits.

I'm really sorry for women that I see lugging 5 kids around inside bus, under the sun. I'm like "Woman use your head" sad

(1) (Reply)

Is It Ok? / Bored / A Message To All Rapists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.