Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims (8335 Views)

Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam / Top TEN Misconceptions About ISLAM / Ramad-amnesia, A Contagious Disease Among Muslims. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by usermane(m): 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
Ummsulaym. I apologise if you are upset by this write up but i wouldn't have done this if there were no verses to boost my points. U may see me as the bad guy now,but did you check my references; the verses of Qur'an and historical facts? You should try that if you haven't. And yes, i seek for knowledge, and i love sharing it. That is how i managed to pull these together. Note that when you seek for knowledge, you ask for GOD 's help(Qur'an 20:114), you meet different persons whether they are scholars or not, and you don't forget your brain,don't be carried away by looks,popularity or eloquence. And that is how i arrived at this. This not a coup by me.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2013
The op was used and now has been dumped, the same people who tolerated his thread for this long did so not because they are interested in learning anything about Islam but simply because it mainly conveys what they want to hear, had this thread been about why you should be a muslim or Muhammad pbuh , this thread would have been thrown within few seconds of its arrival, why? Allah says,

They intend to put out the Light of Allaah (i.e. the religion of Islam, this Qur’aan, and Prophet Muhammad) with their mouths. But Allaah will bring His Light to perfection even though the disbelievers hate (it).

He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islamic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah and in His Messenger Muhammad) hate (it)
”[al-Saff :8-9]

2 Likes

Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by usermane(m): 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
Sissie:

Theirs no compulsion in religion, truth stands clear from falsehood.

Seriously!!!! We the "gang", most of us had civil conversation on here, we even agreed that some of what you wrote had some truths in it. And you are here writing about how if it was Muslim section your thread would have been closed, this is so not true Shia's thread are still in the section and we do argue and discuss about it, the mod your talking about even recommended al baqir thread and it made front page.

If we had refused to comment, it would be tagged as us not wanting to discuss. You wish you would have been dealt with in islamic gatherings.

Sissie, I apologise to you and your friends, maybe one day you 'll b able to forgive me. Sorry for terming you guys as a "GANG", i will modify that post.
You know, it seem like i lost my attention in the topic and got carried away by those who made false allegations and accusations against me. I let their words get the better of me and regret my retort. This is a lesson i have learn't; in defending the truth one must always hold on to politeness. I do appreciate your attitude even though you were on the opposing end. Keep it up.

It is true that the topic seem controversial. But please you have the Qur'an at home, try to verify all the verses i recommended in the OP. The verses are the major evidences. As a muslim, you are responsible for yourself, you have to be objective and don't think the majority is always right. I opened this thread as an eye-opener,an avenue to analyse and correct these misconception. If you disagree, forward your evidence, afterall i never thought for once in the past that that i haboured any misconception in Islam till recently.

Some persons thought this is a fitnah. Well, what can i say? Verify the verses first then you can proceed from there.

One reason why i didn't open the thread here was due to past experiences here with the mods hidding a topic like this. I hope things get better for the sake of GOD.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by usermane(m): 6:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
beejaay: Ahah they av tranfered d thread down here (i don dey c warnings). @op bye bye cos i dnt wanna b banne or av my post hidden for silly reasons.. Kei this ppl ehn

Let 's hope they don't. Our thread is not offensive to any religion or any one. All protocols have been observed. No one has broken the code. We come in peace.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by usermane(m): 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
vedaxcool: The op was used and now has been dumped, the same people who tolerated his thread for this long did so not because they are interested in learning anything about Islam but simply because it mainly conveys what they want to hear, had this thread been about why you should be a muslim or Muhammad pbuh , this thread would have been thrown within few seconds of its arrival, why? Allah says,

They intend to put out the Light of Allaah (i.e. the religion of Islam, this Qur’aan, and Prophet Muhammad) with their mouths. But Allaah will bring His Light to perfection even though the disbelievers hate (it).

He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islamic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah and in His Messenger Muhammad) hate (it)
”[al-Saff :8-9]

Forget them. Have been betrayed or dumped in the past even by people i know personally. GOD will guide the sincere ones.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by 1n2n3(f): 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
beejaay:
arguments in islamic section ke all u guys do there is behave like zombies, always afraid to offend the lord there (aka maclatinji and tbaba.. they are the lords of islamic section and all they say is final, the prophets of our time)... say anything contrary to what they say and u will be banned..

if this topic was posted on Islamic thread, almost all supporting arguments would have been banned or even have the thread banned sef....

learning ke for that islamic section DAMN!!!!! any contrary view is banned and termed anti-islamic as if they have monopoly for islamic definition

@op u get sense for posting the thread here at the general section

This is outrageous. May God forgive u.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by Dewze(m): 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
tbaba1234: Salam,

I am writing this with the hope that you are willing to listen and revert. What you have written show a lack of education in the Islamic sciences with all due respect and it is not necessarily your fault. I am writing so that you do not misinform people unknowingly.

Hopefully, with the evidence provided you will change some of these ill-advised views and i would also acknowledge the ones that are correct.

You should not be concerned about pleasing people, you must be concerned about the truth. I was going to send a private message but i think it is important for others to see this as well so please forgive me for that.

You seem to have stated your personal opinions with very little evidences.

i. ISLAMIC NAMES : mostly incorrect and i use my word very carefully. Let's start with something correct.

A convert to Islam do not have to change their names unless it has a meaning that is not good. One of my imams was named charles. I have muslim friends with names like Joel, etc...

The messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) did change the names of some new muslims in cases where the names have bad meanings.
For Instance:

i. 'Asiya (Disobedient) to Jamila (Beautiful)

Ibn 'Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) changed the name of 'Asiya (Disobedient) and said: You are Jamila (i. e. good and handsome). Ahmad (one of the narrators) narrated it with a slight variation of wording. Muslim :: Book 25 : Hadith 5332

ii. Abdul-Shams (Slave of the sun) to Abdul-Rahman (Slave of the Merciful God) - Abu Hurairah

There are some other examples:

Narrated AbuWahb, Hazn ibn AbuWahb:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) asked: What is your name? He replied: Hazn (rugged). He said: You are Sahl (smooth). He said: No, smooth is trodden upon and disgraced. Sa'id said: I then thought that ruggedness would remain among us after it. AbuDawud said: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) changed the names al-'As, Aziz, Atalah, Shaytan, al-Hakam, Ghurab, Hubab, and Shihab and called him Hisham.

He changed the name Harb (war) and called him Silm (peace).

He changed the name al-Munba'ith (one who lies) and called him al-Mudtaji' (one who stands up).
He changed the name of a land Afrah (barren) and called it Khadrah (green).
He changed the name Shi'b ad-Dalalah (the mountain path of a stray), the name of a mountain path and called it Shi'b al-Huda (mountain path of guidance).
He changed the name Banu az-Zinyah (children of fornication) and called them Banu ar-Rushdah (children of those who are on the right path),
and changed the name Banu Mughwiyah (children of a woman who allures and goes astray), and called them Banu Rushdah (children of a woman who is on the right path).
AbuDawud said: I omitted the chains of these for the sake of brevity. ( Dawud :: Book 41 : Hadith 4938 )

Therefore if the names does not have a bad meaning then it doesn't matter. You do not have to change to an Arabic name but the Arabic is very important. Trust me, you have no clue what is lost in translation. Translations only give you something of the meaning. A feel of the meaning.

As regards the name Allah..

First of all, the Quran is only the Quran in Arabic... Your english translation is not your Quran.

Alif Lam Ra These are the verses of the Scripture that makes things clear––We have sent it down as an Arabic Quran [/b]so that you [people] may understand. (Surah 12:1-2)

An Arabic Quran...

[b]So We have sent down the Quran to give judgement in the Arabic language.
If you were to follow their desires, after the knowledge that has come to you, you would have no one to guard you or protect you from God. (Surah 13:37)

We have sent the Quran down in the Arabic tongue and given all kinds of warnings in it, so that they may beware or take heed– (Surah 20:113)

Truly, this Quran has been sent down by the Lord of the alamin: the Trustworthy Spirit brought it down to your heart [Prophet], so that you could bring warning in a clear Arabic tongue. (Surah 26:192-195)

I could go on and on,... Fact: the Quran is in Arabic, not in english or spanish or french...

So you might ask, but we have translations right?? Translations should do right??

Well, not quite.. Actually translations do not even begin to capture the Quran..
[b]
Just one word: Al rahman.....

imagine if you had written all these response in Arabic. It would have made no sense to me and therefore have no impact at all on me, no matter how deep they are. That is the point the OP is trying to make.

Infact the OPs write up has given me some sense of faith in Islam far more than any of u other so called teachers have done on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by Dewze(m): 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
golpen: Mr username is a very wonderful person. He's a good diplomat according to this following definition; someone who tells a fool to go to hell in such a way that the poor guy looks forward to the trip. He has a point in some aspects, but his massive flaws cannot be exaggerated.

Imagine he has a problem with an arab reading the Qur'an and still has to go deep into the explanation (tafsir), because he feels the arab man can understand the text? But I'm so sure he must have passed through a level of schooling for him to have written a well constructed text. Then let's ask him why he attended those classes since he understands english enough for him to have gone through that textbook on his own.

His christian supporters should also think that they have been foolish to attend sunday schools and bible colleges, instead of reading the bible themselves. Please react to my earlier post and let's see if you've learnt something.

Don't mind username, he's just one of those impersonators that claim to be a muslim. ALLAH has spoken of shaitan in suratu yaasin 60-63 and his mission of leading so many people astray, our mr username is just one of his devices, so muslims BEWARE!!!

why do u guys so wickedly and so ignorantly twist a persons wordsjust to score cheap points. The OP never said that there is anything wrong in studying the Quran in Arabic. He has mentioned it over and over again that doing so is an added advantage but that it shoud not be used as a dogmatic Islamic doctrine. He said it is not a dogged requirement for righteousness and here u are saying another thing. Man! u guys r so wicked and misleading.

1 Like

Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 9:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
usermane:

ISLAMIC CALENDAR

As if it has any Islamic or divine origin, some people call it Islamic calendar. The appropriate name is "arab lunar calendar". Ancient pagans, moon worshippers, and Jews used this calendar long before Qur'an revealation. The arab muslims didn't invent it. Even the month names have no divine or Islamic meaning. For instance "Muharram" mean "forbidden","Safar" mean "empty". These months were named after the weather or seasons of arabs at that time. History also imply that the ancient arabs even before Prophet Muhammad may have used the lunar or lunisolar calendars with the same month names as today arabs do.

Those who still insist that the current arab lunar calendar is GOD only 's chosen calendar should beware. The word "month" occured 12 times in the Qur'an and the word "day" occured 365 times. The arab and gregorian calendar have 12 months. The gregorian calendar has 365 days!This is a sign for the intelligent, this is not mere coincidence. The arab calendar, however has 354 days.

Some muslims will still call the arabic lunar calendar, the best or most accurate. This again has no justification. Moon sighting is a delicate process prone to errors.

"In the creation of the heavens and earth, in the alternation of night and days; there are signs for those who reflect" ~Qur'an

I agreed with your theory. So long sun and moon are both creation of Allah and within the context of 'heavens' as used in the above verse and many verses of the holy Qur'an, we are allowed to maximally use both entities to their respective fullest application. I have no objection whatsoever. However, muslim are used to 'lunar' calendar as a result of adherence to Islamic teachings apparently through the prophetic teachings and we strongly believe 'lunar' calendar with certain dates (e.g Ramadhan et al) has their spiritual inclinations.

According to Prof. Maurice Buccaile who wrote "The Bible, the Qur'an and Science" justified the nearest accuracy of 'lunar' calendar compare to 'solar' vis-a-vis gregorian calendar. Many theories of different view!
The fact that the holy prophet (saws) used those "islamic months", it has become his sunnah which is enjoyed on all muslims:

"Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much."~33 vs 21.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
usermane: Now, on to GOD. "ALLAH" is not the exclusive name for our Creator,this has no Scriptural proof. "ALLAH" is only the arabic word for "GOD". And "GOD" is understood as an unfathomable,supreme entity(Qur'an 2:255), not just a name. The only reason why the Qur'an used the word "ALLAH" is because the Qur'an was revealed to an arab man,hence it had to be in arabic, "ALLAH" being the arab 's word for "GOD". Previous scriptures weren't in arabic, like Torah(Old testament) and Gospel(New testament). Hence "GOD" didn't call Himself "ALLAH" in those scriptures.

In old testament, exodus 6:2-3~ GOD called Himself "YAHWEH" and told us that Abraham and his progeny knew HIM as "EL SHADDAI". So Moses called GOD, "YAHWEH" and Abraham called GOD "EL SHADDAI", not as "ALLAH".

Before Qur'an revealation,arab jews referred to "GOD" as "ALLAH",arab christians referred to "Jesus or GOD" as "ALLAH"(Qur'an 5:18, 2:116). The arab pagans also referred to "GOD" as "ALLAH",although they associated partners with HIM(Qur'an 39:38). It is an historical fact that even before Qur'an, "ALLAH" was the name of one of the pagan gods or idols.

Lastly the word "ALLAH" is simply a conjunction of al(the) and illah(god/diety) which form "the god/diety(ALLAH)" when combined. Nothing more about it.

GOD tells us in the final testament that we can call Him with any respected name we prefer, He has no specific name. And to Him belong the most beautiful names(Qur'an 7:180, 17:110).

Nice conclusion!

"Call Allah or call ar-Rahman; whatever names you call Him, to Him belong the most beautiful names..."~Qur'an.

Only salat do we restricted as a muslim to do in the 'Arabic mother' language. Du'a (supplication), khutba, tafsir etc; are allowed in any language best understood and expressed by individual. But bro. ARABIC is rich.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 10:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
usermane:
PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS INFALLIBLE AND PERFECT

I hope you are not one of those who believe Prophet Muhammad was perfect,sinnless and had knowledge of the future beyond the Final testament. Else this post is yours. An educated acknowledger of GOD shouldn't follow such an erroneous conception. To compound the problem, there are those who even consider all his sahabas(friends/companions) as perfect infallible surbodinates who should be emulated,who learned and delivered accurately the truth, who the the prophet guaranteed success in Hereafter even before their death. Yet, according to Qur'an,there were bad eggs among these companions whose identity were never exposed. (Qur'an 9:101, 63:1,33:60)

We hear numerous things about the prophet. Like many muslim said he was sinnless,he didn't make mistakes in action or decision,all his deeds were divinely inspired, even his personal opinions were divine,binding upon all muslims. According to some, he smelt like perfume, he didn't have shadow, he had instant healing powers, he could bless or curse anyone.
Look at all these. Can these be true? We 'll soon know. In as much as GOD wants mankind, to obey HIS messenger, HE is fully aware that mankind have the tendency to cross the limit, setting the messenger as an idol. That is why GOD left down verses in HIS Book to guide.

I disagree with you here brother.
I have read and digested all your view-point. Kindly take your time and read mine with people's accusation esp @thaba1234 and my responses; then we can continue on that:www.nairaland.com/1480939/concept-infallibility-isma

www.nairaland.com/1488847/muhammad-saws-error-free-prophet

If you don't believe in the all times infallibility of the prophet (saws) then how much trust do you have for authenticity of the Qur'an?
Were you there when Jubril descended and revealed the message to him?
How do you know which words of his is actually 'revelation' or his personal sage saying except what he himself tells you?
Is there God's signature and stamp on each sura revealed?
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 10:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
usermane:
PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS INFALLIBLE AND PERFECT

I hope you are not one of those who believe Prophet Muhammad was perfect,sinnless and had knowledge of the future beyond the Final testament. Else this post is yours. An educated acknowledger of GOD shouldn't follow such an erroneous conception. To compound the problem, there are those who even consider all his sahabas(friends/companions) as perfect infallible surbodinates who should be emulated,who learned and delivered accurately the truth, who the the prophet guaranteed success in Hereafter even before their death. Yet, according to Qur'an,there were bad eggs among these companions whose identity were never exposed. (Qur'an 9:101, 63:1,33:60)

We hear numerous things about the prophet. Like many muslim said he was sinnless,he didn't make mistakes in action or decision,all his deeds were divinely inspired, even his personal opinions were divine,binding upon all muslims. According to some, he smelt like perfume, he didn't have shadow, he had instant healing powers, he could bless or curse anyone.
Look at all these. Can these be true? We 'll soon know. In as much as GOD wants mankind, to obey HIS messenger, HE is fully aware that mankind have the tendency to cross the limit, setting the messenger as an idol. That is why GOD left down verses in HIS Book to guide.

I have read and digested all your view-point. Kindly take your time and read mine with people's accusation esp @thaba1234 and my responses; then we can continue on that:www.nairaland.com/1480939/concept-infallibility-isma

If you don't believe in the all times infallibility of the prophet (saws) then how much trust do you have for authenticity of the Qur'an?
How do you know which words of his is actually 'revelation' or his personal sage saying except what he himself tells you?
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
usermane: A. Prophet Muhammad was a man like us,not infalible and had his fair share of physical and mental flaws like everyone.

"Say (0 messenger): 'I am only a man like you. It has been reavealed to me that GOD is One. So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his LORD, let him be righteous and associate non as a partner in the worship of his LORD.' "(Qur'an 18:110)

"Say(O messenger): ' I am only a human being like you. It is reavealed to me that your GOD is One. Hence take the Straight Path to Him and seek forgiveness of Him. And woe to the idol worshippers.' " (Qur'an 41:6)

Kindly read and digest links sent to you before we embark fully on this. However, the arabic word use in those two verses is "bashar" meaning "mortal"; and not "man who err" as you think.
Had it been Muhammad is not somebody who eats, drink, sleeps, work, die (definition of "Bashar"wink, these tribe of his, the Arabs would have presented an "excuse" that "its difficult to follow him since he's immortal". Hence the essence of the verse "say: I am a man like you..."

Remember, even before he declare himself as a prophet sent to them, he was known with no fault. In fact his people nicknamed him "as-Sadiq wadul Amin" among other nicknames. He was perfect in his status before being appointed as a prophet. "Revelation" i.e being prophet was icing on his cake.
Besides aren't you believe every man is born "sinless" and "pure"? Islam doesn't believe in "original sin".
And the fact that man has been given "aql (intellect)" and "ikhtiyar - free-will", you can use both to commit or not to commit. Its a matter of choice not force. And in the case of prophet of God (saws), in additional to these naturally in-built two gift (free-will and intellect), he was able to recognize his Lord...and His creation both in its spiritual dimension whereby "manifest evidence - ilm yaqeen" has been given to him making him far away from sin, mistakes or error as far as this relative world and its spiritual dimension is concern.
It will be foolish comparing God who is absolute and above imagination with holy prophet's infallibility.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
usermane:
C. He commited mistakes and sins and was alerted by GOD in some cases(e.g Qur'an 80:1-10)

"So be patient, for GOD 's promise is true, and seek forgiveness for your sin, and glorify and praise HIM at dusk and dawn" (Qur'an 40:55)

SURAH ABASA chapter 80: 1- 5
1. "He frowned and turned away
2. Because there came to him the blind man
3. And what would make you know, but that, per
chance, he might grow in purity
4. Or become reminded so that the reminder should
profit him..."

NOTE:
Many Mufassir (interpreters) don't even spare the person of holy prophet (saws) from rebukarble acts "Frown and turn away (in anger)", they instantly concluded the "frowning and turning away" refer to the prophet; despite earliest surah says: "Had you been mean to them, they would have deserted you". "Indeed you are of (most) exalted character"!

SHIA TAFSIR (as explain by Ahl al-bayt)!
The fact is that Qur'an does NOT give any evidence
that the person who frowned at the blind was the
prophet and does not states who is being
addressed.
Allah did not address the prophet (saws) by title (O
prophet or O messenger etc) rather there exists
switching in the pronoun from "he" in the first two
verses to "you" in the later verses of the Surah.
Allah did not state: "YOU frowned and turned away".
Rather, he stated: "He frowned and turned away"
"Because there came to him the blind man" "And
what will make you know..."

In Tafsir of sayyid Shubbar it is reported from al-
Qummi that:

"The verse was revealed about certain banu
Ummayah's chiefs who were with the holy prophet.
Ibn Umm Makhtoom, the blind man came to the
messenger of Allah; the messenger welcome him
(replied his greetings) and introduced him to these
Ummayyads, one of them was irritated with this
poor blind man, frowned and turned away saying:
"poor and blinds are his followers".
This (the arrogant chief of the Ummayad) is the one
being addressed and not the prophet of mercy.

Ref: Tafsir al-Mizan, by Alamah Tabatabai; al-Jawhar
al-thameen and other Shi'a Tafsir

2. As per Q.40:55
You need to understand the broad meaning of "ghafara" and "dhanb". By God's grace we shall talk more on these in respect to this verse and many verses.

Thanks, salam.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2013
usermane: 07.
PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS THE GREATEST MESSENGER

Another misconception,without scriptural basis,stark contradiction to Qur'an and big insult to other messengers of GOD. Yet supported by most muslims and their clerics. So these muslim praise him,celebrate his birthday and some claim GOD created the universe because of him. They add S.A.W after the mention of his name but only add A.S or nothing after that of the other messengers. They forbid any form of depicting him either in picture or drama, react when he is spoken ill of but care less about other messengers. All in all, they give more distinction to muhammad than any other messengers, whereas GOD did not. This is sin.

(Quran 2:285) ".... They(believer) say 'we make no distinction between one another among them(messengers)' and they(believer) say
'we hear and we obey'.
Qur'an 3:84 repeat the same assertion; Do not make distinction among GOD 's messenger.
To make distinction mean, to separate persons into ranks or rate them. Hence one must stop pointing Muhammad as the greatest of all messengers. One must stop preferring one messanger over the others for any function or rating one messenger above or below another,in any aspect.

Muhammad was not different from other messengers of GOD.
46:09 Say; I am not an innovation among the messengers,nor do i know what will be done to me or with you. I follow but which is revealed to me by inspiration; i am but a warner open and clear.....

1. This theory or perception of yours is rejected bro.
The exalted position of Muhammad (saws) over others is not an empty or baseless assertion as you think.
When Michael H. Hart wrote his famous book "The 100", he listed 100 most influential personalities and measured each with particular standard. Muhammad, the prophet of Islam top the list. Many have written a lot about this personality likewise some have written negative assertions about him (saws). For your assertions to be justified, you need to measure him with certain standards; then you can have a reasonable debate.

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely
successful on both the religious and secular level."
~Michael H. Hart

2. I'm sorry you have misinterpreted the verses you quoted (2:285 and 3:84). These noble verses talk about similarity in the 'message(risala)' of all prophet sent at different point in time. Take a look at the Jew, Moses (a.s) was the only most recognize figure to them. They don't believe in Jesus or Muhammad. The verses point out the declaration of muslims: "la nufariku bayna ahadin min Rusuli..." (We make No distinction between one and others of His messengers); therefore, "...we hear and obey..."

On the contrary, in terms of personalities Qur'an says:

"And your Lord is most knowing of whoever is in the
heavens and the earth. And We have made some of
the prophets exceed others [in various ways], and to David We gave the book [of Psalms].~17:55

"Those Messengers! We exalt some to others; to some of them Allah spoke (directly); others He raised to degrees (of honour); and to 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), We gave clear proofs and evidences, and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus..."~2:253

NB: In respect to Q2:253, all above-mentioned qualities and more were embodied into Muhammad (saws).

What have you read and understand on the personality of Muhammad? Have you come across many noble verses for his exalted position above all other prophets?

It is very funny when you try to compare the 'birth' of Adam, Jesus with that of Muhammad. Is that a standard to compare with? Perhaps you could have added 'Eve' whom some believe was created from the rib of Adam. Or 'Melchezdeck' (a myth recorded in the book of Hebrew) who has no father or mother; no begining or end.

Qur'an declares: "the similitude of Jesus in the site of God (in terms of creation) is like that of Adam; who was created from soil; then, God pronounce on him "Be" and "it is". ~sura al-Imran.

In fact, the creation of ordinary and every man is UNIQUE and miraculous. Can somebody tell you: 'you are once a spermatozoa?'. You wanna talk about the unique stages of foetus development! Its a miracle beyond human comprehension. Tell the scientist of this world to produce a like of it without aid from 'already existing' entity.

Back to the 'Greatest of Muhammad'.
Many notables have measured him with certain standard in comparism with others; and Muhammad reign supreme. Mahatma Gandhi, Michael H. Hart, George Bernard, Lamartine among many others.

"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes. This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples and dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and souls. . . his forbearance in victory, his ambition, which was entirely devoted to one idea and in no manner striving for an empire; his endless prayers, his mystic conversations with God, his death and his triumph after death;..."~Lamartine.

Try to define 'greatness' and set certain standard to measure Muhammad (saws) and let's see if he fits or not.

"He attained exaltation by his perfection.

He dispelled darkness by his beauty.

Beauteous are all his qualities.

Benediction be on him and on his family."

~Sheik Saadi Shirazi on the personality of Muhammad (saws)

Looking forward to your responses.
Salam.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 10:22am On Nov 16, 2013
usermane: 10.
ISLAMIC NAMES

Minor? But significant. To be fair and square, most muslims believe there is a terminology known as Islamic Names. Most times, you see parent giving their giving their babies such Musa, Amina e.t.c and feeling like a million. Convert to Islam are pressed to changed their original name to the so called Islamic names for better, for worse. Additionally they insist that the name of the Almighty Creator is "ALLAH" and "GOD, JEHOVAH OR LORD" musn't be used to replace "ALLAH", for any reason. If you are from missouri, you won't accept this dogma, be you muslim or not.

First and foremost, there is no such thing as Islamic names, and what most muslims are referring to are arabic names and not all arabic names have beautiful meanings. Let us flesh out the last sentence. For instance, the names of persons like messengers in the Qur'an does not refer to the original names but the names by which such persons were referred to by Arabs before Qur'an revealations. For instance Moses was called Moshes by GOD in the Torah,just as the isrealites know him. Jesus was called Yeshua by GOD in the Gospel, the name by which the isrealites knew him. Nowhere in GOD 's previous scriptures did HE call Moses or Jesus as Musa or Isa. So which ones is the Islamic names, the original hebrew names or the derived arabic names? Your answer should be non, no such thing as Islamic names.

Long before Qur'an, arab pagans,christians and Jews had such names as Aisha, Muhammad,Mustapha, Halimah e.t.c. Some of then embranced Islam without changing their names. Even today arab non Muslims still give themselves such names. There are fine non arabic names like Elizabeth(GOD is satisfaction) or Lois(Holy), with respectful meaning. Yet muslims reject them.

Our names are reflection of our different backgrounds and languages/tribes which is among GOD 's awesome sign(Qur'an 30:22). So why try mask GOD 's sign by discriminating against non arabic names or insisting all muslim chose arabic names

In addition to thaba1234 points!
Here some of your assertions are right and some are very wrong.

How do you arrived at the conclusion that there isn't such thing as "Islamic names"?

There are some names never heard of until the arrival of Islam. The fact that they are Arabic doesn't mean they are not peculiar to Islam alone. In fact there are words in the holy Qur'an never heard of (e.g "Fatir"- dig out, create out) by the arabs which at the end became added to their language. Talk about part of Islamic invention. That's why many scholars are of the opinion that Muhammad came to refine the linguistic of the Arabs with the usage of al-Qur'an among many other things.

Majority of attributes of Allah (Asmaul Husna) were never known or heard of by the Arabs until the arrival of Islam. For example ar-Raheem. The Arabs were only familiar with Rahman.
Al-mudhathir, al-kawthar, al-Mujtaba, Mur'tadha, etc were common Islamic names never used before by the arabs.

Finally, you are very wrong saying: " arab pagans,christians and Jews had such names as..., Muhammad,Mustapha,..."

There was NOBODY in the history of the Arabs or world at large with the name MUHAMMAD(the praised one) or MUSTAPHA (the chosen) except the prophet of Islam. If believing in him as a prophet complete one's belief to be a 'muslim' (after Tawhid), then will you say Muhammad must first believe in himself before becoming a "muslim"? That doesn't make any sense. He was not a pagan, a jew, a christian or "a muslim"; he was Hanif (monotheist) just like Ibrahim (a.s).

I hope this is well understood lest he whose heart is full of disease and hatred say Al-baqir (Shi'a) doesn't believe in Muhammad to be "muslim". Lol.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2013
usermane:
PROPHET MUHAMMAD DELIVERED ALL ISLAMIC RITES.

Islamic rites are Salat(Prayer), Zakat(Obligatory charity), Fasting(Ramadan), Pilgrimage. This is a very popular misconception. Abraham, not Muhammad established this rites and these were practiced & passed down generations after generations by believers and subsequent messengers of GOD.

Qur'an 2:127-128 :
As Abraham raise the foundation of the sanctuary with Ishmael, (they said) "Our LORD, accept this from us....". "Our LORD let us peacefully surrender to YOU and from our progeny, a nation peacefully surrendering to YOU. And show us our RITES and forgive us.....

However, the Jews and Christians lost these rites(Qur'an 19:59) and that is why you hardly find them perform any of these rites. However, the world is very vast, there could still be very few jews and christians though rare, performing some of these rites.

Abraham invoked GOD for Salat
Qur'an 14:37
Qur,an 14:40 "My LORD, let me hold salat(prayer), and also my descendants..."

Zakat was establised and practiced from Abraham.
Quran 21:73 We made them leaders who guide by our command, and We inspired them to do good and hold the salat and zakat....

This is a misconception altogether dear brother.
All these rites have nothing to do with Abraham or Muhammad being the founder or innovator.

Ever since the creation of man had the creator set all those rites for the spiritual up-liftment of mankind. Therefore at every point in time, any prophet sent to a particular place goes with these set of rites (message). That's why muslims believe "all prophets are the same in their message".

Only God is the legislator and innovator, prophets were just carrier, guardian, 'enforcer', propagator etc of those basic rites.

The time at which all these rites were effected to the fullest was the time of the holy prophet Muhammad (saws).

The building and certain rites of Hajj like "tawaf (circumambulation of kaaba)" were not first established at the time of Ibrahim (a.s). We believe (in accordance with many narration) that kaaba has been in existence ever since the creation of this world itself. The building and the rites were first established by the angels and since man inherited the earth, it has undergone different phases of demolition and construction. At the time of Ibrahim (a.s), the foundation was still intact, Allah only asked him to build on it.

Even we believe, aside those God established rites, the 'personal practice' (sunnah) of the prophet (saws) which also form bulk of Islamic legislation (not originally found in the holy Qur'an), we believe all these to be from God.

"Your companion (Muhammad SAW) has neither gone astray nor has erred.

Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.

It is only an Inspiration that is inspired.

He has been taught by one mighty in power " ~Sura Najm vs 2-5.

"Obey God and His prophet..."~Qur'an
Here, for the prophet's obedience enjoyed on all muslim to be rational, it has been synchronized with God's. Meaning he's being directed and protected at all times by God.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 11:17am On Nov 16, 2013
usermane:
ONLY 'MUSLIMS' WILL INHERIT PARADISE

The definition that; Anyone who claim to believe in Qur'an is a Muslim is wrong. And the notion that ; 'only muslims will inherit Paradise' more wrong in the context of most speakers.
According to GOD, those who believe without setting up partners and are righteous the true muslims who will enter paradise.

Qur'an 2:62, 5:69
"Those who believe, and those who are Jews and Christians, who believes in GOD and ressurection and work righteousness, on them shall be no fear or grief".
This is the minimum requirement to inherit paradise.

The name 'muslim' is not restricted to those who accepted Qur'an. And that one accepted Qur'an doesn't automatically make him a 'muslim'. Before Abraham there were muslims among the people of Noah, Ad or Thalmud, they believed in GOD 's messengers but did not perform salat,zakat,fasting or pilgrimage, as they were not asked to. Some of them existed during the era of Abraham without performing the islamic rite because they were unable to confirm Abraham 's messengership. Such people who simply believe and are righteous, though un able to confirm other messages of GOD may still not be extinct. GOD is pleased with them all.
As with the above verses, even during Qur'an revealation GOD informs us that there existed Jews & Christians then who did not accept the Qur'an but were righteous monotheists. Yes, they might not have performed the Islamic rites because their forefathers had lost them but they are not disbelievers. Even today such Jews or Christians could still be found. All of them, GOD guarantee eternal life.

After Tawhid (oneness of God), Nubuwah (prophethood) is next in terms of belief making one a "muslim".
This has been the trend since the inception of prophethood by God. Therefore at different time interval, for you to become a "muslim (follower of Islam(here somebody who submit))", after believing in the unity of God, you need to affirm the prophet-hood of the prophet of your time and as well acknowledge those of the past.

The Jew are "muslim" in this context for believing in Moses and other prophets before him but are not "muslim" in the general context of the definition of the "Muslim" for failing to accept Jesus and Muhammad.
Same thing goes for the christians. Their own is even different entirely because even the "Tawhid (oneness of God)" has been misconstrued.

So christian and Jew of the past before Muhammad (and Jesus) (as explained above) were "muslim" but the present age are definitely not.

"Everything in the universe in the context of submission to the will of God, willingly or unwillingly, consciously or unconsciously is "Muslim""

So only "muslim" as far as the fundamental set of belief is concern, will enter paradise.

Salam.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
@ OP what you have written is against usool tafsir. If i know you personally i would declare you a KAFIR
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
Sheykul Islam: @ OP what you have written is against usool tafsir. If i know you personally i would declare you a KAFIR

SUBHALLAH. you mean to your own philosophy there is no need of intellectual dialouge or debating with him perhaps hes taught could clear? you just declare ur takfir and hunt him to death! pls enough of this abuse to islam.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
@ al baqir what method can u you use to convince the OP that the Qur'an is in ARABIC. You said arabic is rich and the quran has to be understood such. The prophet said" opinion based argument of the qur'an is kufr" (ahmad). I want to ask u sincerely does the OP believes such?
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
usermane: INTERMISSION

If for any reason you are a proponent of all the first six misconceptions, then most likely you may not agree with the rest of this book. Please, it is never too late. I was in the same position sometimes back.

Then a voice came down from the sky and said, "usermane,use your head"
I had to re-evaluate my thoughts, brooding about these misconceptions.

So you mean you've successfully "use your head" to change those so-called misconceptions?
Very funny! Dear brother how much do you know about traditional Islamic beliefs? I say traditional because of the 'modern' interpretation and misconception of Islam.
How many dialogue have you held with different knowledgeable scholars of Islam on this so-called misconceptions?
Islamic beliefs are not set of dry dogmatic belief. Intellectually, philosophically, scientifically Islamic beliefs have been proven over and over.
How much research have you done to just jump into conclusion before "something spoke to you to use your head?"
What is the capacity of your intelligent? What are the tools you are using to widen your horizon intellectually?
Dear username I'm afraid you have a LONG LONG journey ahead of you. Keep your head down, open up your heart, read, digest, and "ask those who know if you do not" ~Qur'an.

Salam
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by usermane(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
Al-Baqir:

"In the creation of the heavens and earth, in the alternation of night and days; there are signs for those who reflect" ~Qur'an

I agreed with your theory. So long sun and moon are both creation of Allah and within the context of 'heavens' as used in the above verse and many verses of the holy Qur'an, we are allowed to maximally use both entities to their respective fullest application. I have no objection whatsoever. However, muslim are used to 'lunar' calendar as a result of adherence to Islamic teachings apparently through the prophetic teachings and we strongly believe 'lunar' calendar with certain dates (e.g Ramadhan et al) has their spiritual inclinations.

According to Prof. Maurice Buccaile who wrote "The Bible, the Qur'an and Science" justified the nearest accuracy of 'lunar' calendar compare to 'solar' vis-a-vis gregorian calendar. Many theories of different view!
The fact that the holy prophet (saws) used those "islamic months", it has become his sunnah which is enjoyed on all muslims:

"Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much."~33 vs 21.

It is true the Prophet used lunar calendar. But you cant compare their era with ours. They had very limited knowledge of science then and the best they could come up with is moon sighting.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
@ al baqir u have had it from the horses mouth. To be sincere which muslim will make such blasphemous statement. In the republic of iran if he makes such statements his head will be seperated from his neck.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by usermane(m): 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
Al-Baqir:

listen, when we say prophet was fallible or commited sins we are not saying he used to cheat,drink,smoke or gamble. We are saying he made mistakes, in his daily life aside recitation of the revealations. He was not angel without freewill to disobey God. There are such verses were God even warned the Prophet of going astray, also verses like 69:43-46 tells that the prophet had the freewill to invent teachings and attribute them to God.

Lastly 22:52, what does it say? Messengers efforts or wishes are not invisible to the devil 's schemes.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by usermane(m): 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
Sheykul Islam: @ al baqir u have had it from the horses mouth. To be sincere which muslim will make such blasphemous statement. In the republic of iran if he makes such statements his head will be seperated from his neck.

Sheikh, u know why lot of non muslims detest traditional muslims? Becos most of them are quick to resort to violence in order to get what they want. That has been the way of of ummayads, abbasids, and ottoman empire and the traditional muslims of today have inherited this non islamic attitude from their mentors.
Sheikh the way i see it, you are no different from Abubakar Shekau, boko haram leader.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
usermane:
As a result, most of them do not uphold the Book of GOD. And GOD describe such people as donkeys carrying a pile of books(Qur'an 62:5)

They prefer to be spoon fed by scholars,clerics,sheikhs and mullahs. Though few of these clergy above may be okay, the Qur'an criticizes those who take their words for it(Qur'an 9:31) and warn believers of the dangers of the clergy in general(Qur'an 9:34). How do a non muslim get to appreciate Islam when the Qur'an recitation from the speakers of a nearby mosque is in arabic. How do i listen and pay heed to a recitation that i don't understand(Qur'an 7:204).

With this misconception, it is no wander why the ummayads and abbasids enforce arabic exclusively in the non arab kingdoms they conquered,why the ottoman chiefs banned printing of Qur'an with death penalty. It is no wonder why before 150 years back, translating Qur'an was a taboo.

Those who hamper,the translation of Qur'an and encourage reading arabic Qur'an over translated copies are guilty of concealing GOD 's revealations. And GOD promises them severe retribution(Qur'an 2:174). Qur'an should be translated in various language for everyone. Qur'an is not mean for arabic speakers or muslims alone.

Now, if you(muslim) are out there, and can't recite arabic Qur'an. Don't worry. Get a translated copy,seek GOD 's protection from satan(Qur'an 16:98). Recite at your own pace with critical thinking. Don't expect to get everything over night in one read,you have to go cover to cover many times to become much familiar. It is a gradual but rewarding process. Ask GOD to increase you in understanding(Qur'an 54:40, 20:114). You may ask some persons on where you are stuck,but be objective of what they tell you. Don't stick permanently with only one translation, go through other translations too to check few translation errors. Careful with translations found in google although you can find real good ones there, whose hard copies are out of your reach.

Arabic...Qur'an recitation...Du'a etc

All these are assertion of a lazy man. When Dr. Maurice Buccaile, a french by birth and tongue wanted to journey through the Qur'an, he never satisfied with 'different' translation abound around. He sacrificed certain years of his life to learn Arabic at a university in Saudi Arabia to be able to read, understand (the true meaning) of the Qur'an in its original form. Only then did he embark on his famous book "The bible, the Quran and science".

Have you ever compare different bible versions? Can you see discrepancies abound in them? That's a result of "losing the original text".

Don't you know there's an intellectual, linguistic and spiritual connection between a message and the language its being revealed?

What do you know about linguistic usage of language? What do you know about language and spiritualism? What do you know about spiritualism itself?

Okay take a look at Yoruba mythology (I hope you are a yoruba man dear friend), there's a great connection between yoruba language and Ifa, for example. It will be a woe for a non yoruba to understand and appreciate the connection, rhythm and harmony between Ifa and Yoruba language.

Do you want to tell me english translations of Arabic Qur'an is the exact meaning? How many different translation abound with numerous variations which normally distort the meaning of several "words". For example the word "Nafs, Qalb, Ruh". How do you translate them into english? What you see is "Soul or mind or person, heart, spirit" respectively. I tell you with confidence its far from that but that might be nearest in meaning.

Even the Arabs are awe and amazed as to the linguistic of Qur'an despite being their dialect. Till today, they learn linguistically from the Qur'an.

What you read in English (of the Qur'an) is far from what you can understand had it been you can handle the Arabic. You will feel the rhythm, the connection...

Let me cite an example here:
Sura Nisai vs 1. It reads:

"Ya hayua Nas taqu Rabbakumu ledhi khalaqakum min NAFSIN wahidatin wa khalaqa MINHA ZAWJAHA..."

There are two translation for this verse which distorted the meaning and perception of the whole verse entirely. In fact different set of beliefs are carved out from this.

There's a connection, linguistic understanding between "NAFs" and "Min" and "ha" and "Zawja"as used in the verse.

1st translation reads:

"O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife..." (Muhsin khan)

Here the connection and emphasis is on "NAFs", "MIN", "HA" and " ZAWJAHA" which is being translated as "single person (Adam)" and "from him his wife".

Therefore a belief is set here that God created Eve from Adam's (rib).

2nd translation and belief:
" O people! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord, Who created you from a single being and created its mate of the same (kind)..."(Shakir)

"O mankind! Reverence your guardian lord
Who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, his mate..." (Yusuf Ali)

Abdullah Yusuf Ali's commentary on these verse reads:
"504: Nafs may mean: (1) soul;(2)self; (3) person, living person; (4) will, good pleasure, as in iv below (verse 4). Minha: I follow the construction suggested by Imam Razi. The particle MIN would then suggest here not a portion or a source of something else, but a species, a nature, a similarity. The pronoun HA refers of course to NAFS. The Biblical story of the creation of Eve from the rib of Adam may be allegorical, but we need not assume it in Quranic teachings. "

Limiting oneself to a particular translation without primary arabic guideline and knowledge will definitely carve out a set of belief and understanding that might not reflect the true meaning.

Lastly,
Had it been you've study Islamic spiritualism then you will know the connection of recitation of the holy Qur'an and Du'a (traditional from Qur'an or any other authentic source from the prophet) in Arabic.

Please read: www.al-islam.org/al-serat/vol-14-no1-spring-1988/islam-quran-and-arabic-literature-elsayed-m-h-omran

Generally as far as du'a (supplication) is concern, you are free to express yourself in whatever language you understand most.

Thanks for your time.
Salam
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
usermane:

It is true the Prophet used lunar calendar. But you cant compare their era with ours. They had very limited knowledge of science then and the best they could come up with is moon sighting.

Science is as old as mankind. What you should have said is widespread of a particular knowledge is limited and rare then than now. And I tell you what we know now (as far as our advancement in science and tech)will be a laughing stock tomorrow.

As per the prophet (saws). Haven't you read the Qur'an:
"And He taught Adam the nature of ALL things..."~sura al-Baqara vs 31.

This knowledge is so unique that even the spiritual angels were asked to bow for reverence. This knowledge of ALL things has been embodied into each loin of Adam. We are told by scientific research that out of 100% of our God-given intellect, we've only manage to use 14% in this modern day. Is that the limitation? Depending on how use can think and reflect deeply by combining the worlds and carved out the harmonious relation between them.
Albert Heinstein's reflection is so great that he thinks ahead of his time; many could not understand some of his discovery or saying. It takes us years after his demise before getting the full gist of his.
Do you think years of hidden at cave hira of the prophet was just a merry-making relaxation?
Muhammad (saws) enjoyed the perfection of Adam's knowledge of ALL thing but difficult to communicate at that highest stage to every tom dick and harry around him.

What you know of basics of Chemistry today was an invention of (for example) Jabir Ibn Hayyan (Geber), many century old muslim scholar. Chemist of today only built on that foundation.

What you know of Medicine today was an invention of Ibn sina (Avicenna) and Ibn Rushdi (Averroe). His book of "cannon of medicine" was the bed-rock of modern medicine in which the european built on.

The science of embriology was just discovered 50years ago while Allah has filled His prophet's heart with the knowledge (in the Qur'an) 1700years ago. This is difficult for him to explain for the less intelligent companions of his.

What about the ancient Egyptian technologist and scientist? Or you wanna talk about the ancient chinese?

These are mere scholars compare to the great Muhammad himself (saws).

"And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being"~Black Elk

I tell you my prophet (saws) was more than that and I say : “Thousand times was I to wash my mouth with rose water it would still be insolence to utter your beautiful name.”

Salam.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
usermane:

Science is as old as mankind. What you should have said is widespread of a particular knowledge is limited and rare then than now. And I tell you what we know now (as far as our advancement in science and tech)will be a laughing stock tomorrow.

As per the prophet (saws). Haven't you read the Qur'an:
"And He taught Adam the nature of ALL things..."~sura al-Baqara vs 31.

This knowledge is so unique that even the spiritual angels were asked to bow for reverence. This knowledge of ALL things has been embodied into each loin of Adam. We are told by scientific research that out of 100% of our God-given intellect, we've only manage to use 14% in this modern day. Is that the limitation? Depending on how use can think and reflect deeply by combining the worlds and carved out the harmonious relation between them.
Albert Heinstein's reflection is so great that he thinks ahead of his time; many could not understand some of his discovery or saying. It takes us years after his demise before getting the full gist of his.
Do you think years of hidden at cave hira of the prophet was just a merry-making relaxation?
Muhammad (saws) enjoyed the perfection of Adam's knowledge of ALL thing but difficult to communicate at that highest stage to every tom dick and harry around him.

What you know of basics of Chemistry today was an invention of (for example) Jabir Ibn Hayyan (Geber), many century old muslim scholar. Chemist of today only built on that foundation.

What you know of Medicine today was an invention of Ibn sina (Avicenna) and Ibn Rushdi (Averroe). His book of "cannon of medicine" was the bed-rock of modern medicine in which the european built on.

What about the ancient Egyptian technologist and scientist? Or you wanna talk about the ancient chinese?

These are mere scholars compare to the great Muhammad himself (saws).

"And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being"~Black Elk

I tell you my prophet (saws) was more than that and I say : “Thousand times was I to wash my mouth with rose water it would still be insolence to utter your beautiful name.”

Salam.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
usermane:

listen, when we say prophet was fallible or commited sins we are not saying he used to cheat,drink,smoke or gamble. We are saying he made mistakes, in his daily life aside recitation of the revealations. He was not angel without freewill to disobey God. There are such verses were God even warned the Prophet of going astray, also verses like 69:43-46 tells that the prophet had the freewill to invent teachings and attribute them to God.

Lastly 22:52, what does it say? Messengers efforts or wishes are not invisible to the devil 's schemes.

I wouldn't have been wasting my precious time had it been am talking of prophet's infallibility in the context of stealing, gambling, drinking and smoking. Even an ordinary sane rational human being don't indulge himself in all those stuffs because he already knew their repercurssion. So why would not the prophet of God intellectually aware of all that?
I am talking in the context of relativity as far as mistake is concern (as we live in a relative world). Prophets commit no mistakes or error or sin.

I have already discourse certain misinterpreted verses of the holy Qur'an in the comments and replies of the link I sent you. Hope you will find time to read and digest them.

Salam.
Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
usermane:

Re: Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
[quote
author=usermane]

Sheikh, u know why lot of non muslims detest traditional muslims? Becos
most of them are quick to resort to violence in order to get what they
want. That has been the way of of ummayads, abbasids, and ottoman empire
and the traditional muslims of today have inherited this non islamic
attitude from their mentors.
Sheikh the way i see it, you are no different from Abubakar Shekau, boko
haram leader.[/quote]

what is this one saying?? If i we the traditional muslims were voilent, people like you will not be in existence.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Common Mistakes During Fasting / Things Mohammad And Jesus Have In Common / The Story Of Prophet Luut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 197
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.