Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,659 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

What Is The Best Way To Confirm A Rumour Or Settle A Grudge? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is The Best Way To Confirm A Rumour Or Settle A Grudge? (913 Views)

Can Muslims Settle In Kaafir Countries For The Sake Of A Better Life? / Salah Break: Thursday & Friday (confirm) / The Best Way To Deal With The Ignorant: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Confirm A Rumour Or Settle A Grudge? by ameenahz(f): 2:55am On Oct 26, 2013
Salaam alaykum, brothers and sisters.

I have a question for everyone. Yes, Allah as commanded us to confirm rumours before acting on them. But how can one truly achieve that without offending anyone in ignorance?

Would you rather keep whatever you heard to yourself (dismiss it on the ground that it is a rumour, make excuses for the person) and try to forget it or ask the concerned person (and clear you own mind)?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Confirm A Rumour Or Settle A Grudge? by tbaba1234: 6:12am On Oct 26, 2013
ameenahz: Salaam alaykum, brothers and sisters.

I have a question for everyone. Yes, Allah as commanded us to confirm rumours before acting on them. But how can one truly achieve that without offending anyone in ignorance?

Would you rather keep whatever you heard to yourself (dismiss it on the ground that it is a rumour, make excuses for the person) and try to forget it or ask the concerned person (and clear you own mind)?

Wa aleikum salam,

Before confirming an information, you need to ask yourself questions:

I. Is this information important to you or someone ? Why?

Ii. Is your knowledge of this, beneficial? Can positive changes be made in someone's life because of it? Or is it just to satisfy curiousity?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Confirm A Rumour Or Settle A Grudge? by ameenahz(f): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2013
tbaba1234:

Wa aleikum salam,

Before confirming an information, you need to ask yourself questions:

I. Is this information important to you or someone ? Why?

Ii. Is your knowledge of this, beneficial? Can positive changes be made in someone's life because of it? Or is it just to satisfy curiousity?

JazakaLlahu khair. Thank you for your response.

But what if the rumour in this case is detrimental and is something that can affect your relationship with the said person and will end up becoming a grudge? Would you rather dismiss it or confirm if it truely happened?

In my own case, i was 'told' a colleague at work reacted to something i said, embellished the story and said a lot of derogatory things about me.

I decided to dismiss it on the grounds of it being a rumour and forgetting about it. But i'm not sure our relationship will still remain the same if we dont talk about it. Going through an islamic text yesterday, i came across a verse, Qur'an 17 verse 36 and it sort of change my perspective about thw whole thing. I dont want to keep a grudge yet i dnt want to spoil our relationship with the 'gossip'
Re: What Is The Best Way To Confirm A Rumour Or Settle A Grudge? by tbaba1234: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
Have a conversation about it if you think it would lead to a grudge but if you have the mind to forgive, that will be better.

Abu bakr (ra), the father of Aisha vowed to stop supporting a relative called mistah because Mistah was one of those who spread the malicious rumour about Aisha (ra).

Imagine the pain of a father, that a relative, you support did this. It is a perfectly normal. It is also perfectly normal to want to keep a grudge after you are told someone said something hurtful.

Allah revealed an ayah telling Abu bakr (ra) to forgive as he would also be forgiven as a result of forgiving.

Those who have been graced with bounty and plenty should not swear that they will [no longer] give to kinsmen, the poor, those who emigrated in God’s way: let them pardon and forgive. Do you not wish that God should forgive you? God is most forgiving and merciful. (Surah 24:22)

However, if you think, you need to clarify things. Do not be confrontational, do it in the nicest way possible.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Question About Zina? / Concerning Yesterday's Incident / Why Muhammad Didn't Have Respect For Allah's Words?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.