Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon (30855 Views)

Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You / Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten / Ifa Orisa Religion - Is This Our True Identity: Our True Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by AMossley(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2013
Dharn: first to comment #lobatan
mo kio ku orire
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Olaone1: 11:10am On Oct 26, 2013
leggo:
you sound hungry. Making dumb comments and childish threats.
You're truly a LEGgO. Animal!
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by rashlad: 11:11am On Oct 26, 2013
May God help us
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by herich(m): 11:14am On Oct 26, 2013
End time message...
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by shineeye1: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2013
I consider this ifa priest to be a very sincere ignorant man. Christianity is not a foreign religion in the same context as knowledge of scientific facts is not foreign to any people. Abraham was a devoted idol worshiper as were his forefathers and indeed the whole of ancient humanity. Through many indisputable proofs, God Almighty has revealed HE is not in league with the gods of our forefathers neither is HE tolerant of giving His Glory to any of them. Our early association with these gods, revealed to be devils rebellious and oppossed to GOD, was founded on our helplessness then. These gods are without doubt of some means yet with the agenda to perpetually enslave and without any means of bringing man to the glory GOD designed. The days of ignorance have passed away. The truth is a reality available to all and not foreign to any people on earth. Those who choose to wallow in the old order have no excuse. Yet a little while, and all about the old must become extinct according to the determined counsel of GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by shineeye1: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2013
I consider this ifa priest to be a very sincere ignorant man. Christianity is not a foreign religion in the same context as knowledge of scientific facts is not foreign to any people. Abraham was a devoted idol worshiper as were his forefathers and indeed the whole of ancient humanity. Through many indisputable proofs, God Almighty has revealed HE is not in league with the gods of our forefathers neither is HE tolerant of giving His Glory to any of them. Our early association with these gods, revealed to be devils rebellious and oppossed to GOD, was founded on our helplessness then. These gods are without doubt of some means yet with the agenda to perpetually enslave and without any means of bringing man to the glory GOD designed. The days of ignorance have passed away. The truth is a reality available to all and not foreign to any people on earth. Those who choose to wallow in the old order have no excuse. Yet a little while, and all about the old must become extinct according to the determined counsel of GOD.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Venchy: 11:28am On Oct 26, 2013
Interesting, Brazillians practice this religion more than Nigeria where it originated from.

Sometimes I believe we are too FAKE, not real and lots of pretends.

The genuine ones are truely hard to fine but they shed light on things and gives you head start.

Ifa olokun Asoro dayo.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:30am On Oct 26, 2013
On white men coming to learn about Ifa, I agree with this Ifa priest. You'll always find them in the Institute of Cultural Studies, OAU, Ile-Ife and the Institute of African Studies, UI, Ibadan.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by vislabraye(m): 11:30am On Oct 26, 2013
Na wa Oh !! Ifa priest dey pull weight. I wonder how he would have coped in the days of Paul the apostles.
Those xtians were really filled and performed all sort of miracles.
But note that the devil can't give U anything for free.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by vislabraye(m): 11:37am On Oct 26, 2013
Venchy: Interesting, Brazillians practice this religion more than Nigeria where it originated from.

Sometimes I believe we are too FAKE, not real and lots of pretends.

The genuine ones are truely hard to fine but they shed light on things and gives you head start.

Ifa olokun Asoro dayo.

Its is also indigenous to Brazil because they share similar culture to Yorubas.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by ajasa4link: 11:40am On Oct 26, 2013
shine-eye:
BROS pardon me,but looking at it literally, the Bible we always quote day in day out is a book about the Jews, their history and their ancestors.... it's just like normal myths and folklore which Africans were not fortunate to put down in written form.... i think religion is a complicated topic issue and a lot of feelings will be hurt if we all start justifying which is the true religion....i think everyone is entitled to his own religious beliefs ,but what i dont really appreciate is bad mouthing others' religions and trying to call those who oppose ur religious views ignorant

5 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by XLR8(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2013
I just read d 1st line nd d last line.....too long
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Sapphire86(f): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2013
unmask: and is email a creation of xtianity or islam?.....

Never said it was; only funny to know that incantations have can be rendered through techonlogy!

Repeat after me: o ye la, o ye la, o ye la
AfMagYor don spoil me o!
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 26, 2013
Ijobaorun:
thats true, but
JESUS is the WAY, TRUTH and LIVE... No one get to the FATHER except by HIM...

As you can see, you have limited knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Aladinn(m): 11:54am On Oct 26, 2013
shine-eye:

Your comment reek of ignorance while trying effortlessly to laden it with thoughtfulness. Is God almighty a localized entity? Does he belong to the xtians alone? That the traditional african belief system bowed to the christian and Islamic belief was not because of a "wondrous working God" as you want us to believe. The two most widespread religion had the monopoly of guns, cannons, swords, sabers ans daggers. Ask yourself, why is judaism( the parent religion to both christianity and islam) not as widespread as the other two. Is the christian God now powerful than the judaic God? Muslims conquered Jerusalem from Christians and ruled for over 700years. Are we going to assume that the muslim God is more powerful than the christian God? The foreign religions were able to gloat over their concept of a religious beliefs which the african belief systems ( defeated militarily) have to accept. Its all about the interplay between the pysche of the victor and the vanquished. Please, do tell me one new thing foreign religion changed in the youruba belief system? Fornication was frown at, same as stealing, killing and any other social vice. Taking foreign religion as the only TRUE source is a defeated pysche at work. All man to his choice. No grudges.

6 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by bufness(m): 11:57am On Oct 26, 2013
DJDOLA:

But as we all no ISLAM IS D WAY....download english version of quran and read it wit open mind u will understand what am saying

#ISLAMPEACE
tufiakwa undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 26, 2013
shine-eye:

You do not know about your tradition yet you know so much about a foreign religion so much. How can you progress when you feel this inferior?

2 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by trolling(m): 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
satan u try o,see as you use religion to weaken the nations
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
trolling: satan u try o,see as you use religion to weaken the nations

Blame it on satan? I thought your god created all things including satan.......why not blame the creator who lacked a proper skill

2 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
vislabraye:

NO IT IS NOT.

BRAZIL IS NATIVE AMERICAN LAND.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
Desric: Sir I salute you with the deepest, sincerity of respect, you are indeed the type of people we need in this country and continent. You just said everything as they are,, maybe if you are too greedy and want the people to accept you or even worship you, convert your works to a Christian church name and add everything or prayer you say " in the name of Jesus" then nobody will even care where you come from. You'll become the next private jet owner, a mini god, and a respected G.O, but because of your wisdom and love of God, you've remained where you are rendering service to the gods of our forefathers who saw our forefathers through, protected them and blessed them.
It's so painful that a very interesting article as this, our youths cannot devote a little time to read through it, they complain its too long showing how lazy we ve become as a people, we lack the zeal to learn, all we want to do is blind arguments based on sentimental, Regional lines, and that's why the whites were able to convert us very easily and we believe every single thing they present to us because we are too tired and lazy as a people to study for ourselves and try things on our own. Who said our Traditional Religion is bad, how did our forefathers survived and were able to live in peace and harmony, how come all the crisis we are having as a people started when these foreign religions invaded our land? Etc
May God continue to bless your wisdom and service to your God and humanity. Indeed I am very happy and proud that people can boldly talk about out Traditional Religions this way. If they doubt you sir, let all our leaders swear by the gods of our land and let's see how far they can still go on with their corrupt practices.

THE GODS BLESS YOU!
cool
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
[size=28pt]PAGAN & PROUD![/size]

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
DOWN WITH MAN-WORSHIP!
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by myola(m): 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
Do you think is coincidence that yoruba believed in ejiogbe (cool & erindinlogun (16) match computer believes in bit (cool & byte (16). Have we ever asked ourselves what whitemen does with all those traditional status first condemned and later bought at very high price, being used for.

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by bufness(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
DOWN WITH MAN-WORSHIP!
s✆ wats of the s✆ called 'god' Your worshippin....ok deyre woman worship ryt
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ifa ka rele o
Omo Enire
Omo Enire
Omo Enikan saka bi agbon
Ifa ka rele o
Ewi nle Ado
Onsa n'defa
Erinmi lode owo
Ifa ka rele o
Mapo Elere
Maba Otun
Mapo Elejelu
Gbolajokoo, omo okinkin
Ti i meriin fon
Je ka rele o IFA

Everything Awo Ifasegun said is truth. Most of Nigerians are completely brainwashed and far from reality. Over the decades, African traditional spirituality has been denomized and painted black.....this is to promote foreign oppression through mental warfare and it a big shame most people can be defeated this far.

Orunmila is universal intelligence.... Ifa, a sophisticated and complex geomantic (scientifical and spiritual) divinatory tool. Ifa is an ancient monument where the Culture of the Yoruba people is encapsulated enthroned and entombed. It is much more than Geomancy in that it is not only divinatory, it also embodies the Beliefs, Religion, History, Spirituality, Sociology and Ecology of the people. It therefore diagnoses, treats, adjudicates, arbitrates, guides, advises, instructs, teaches, explains as well attempts to unravel the mystery of existence in this world.

This is not christianity that ask adherent not to yoke with unbelievers....threatening people with hell.

This is not Islam which adherent were programmed to hate jew and christians.

Ifa infinite and doesn't end up in a book....unlike bible and quran.

No crusade, no jihad.

Ifa sixteen principal Odu illustrates a binary format of computer today and it can pave way for African technological revolution.

Over the century till date, it got to stay among foreigners and folks at home....it stand out without violence.

This is my Identity....i wont give it out for foreign mumbo jumbo

4 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
vislabraye:

Santeria is common in brazil and it not pure Ifa spirituality. Ogun is not saint george or whatever they call it. They practise mixture of Ifa and catholism.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Moremony: 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Desric: Sir I salute you with the deepest, sincerity of respect, you are indeed the type of people we need in this country and continent. You just said everything as they are,, maybe if you are too greedy and want the people to accept you or even worship you, convert your works to a Christian church name and add everything or prayer you say " in the name of Jesus" then nobody will even care where you come from. You'll become the next private jet owner, a mini god, and a respected G.O, but because of your wisdom and love of God, you've remained where you are rendering service to the gods of our forefathers who saw our forefathers through, protected them and blessed them.
It's so painful that a very interesting article as this, our youths cannot devote a little time to read through it, they complain its too long showing how lazy we ve become as a people, we lack the zeal to learn, all we want to do is blind arguments based on sentimental, Regional lines, and that's why the whites were able to convert us very easily and we believe every single thing they present to us because we are too tired and lazy as a people to study for ourselves and try things on our own. Who said our Traditional Religion is bad, how did our forefathers survived and were able to live in peace and harmony, how come all the crisis we are having as a people started when these foreign religions invaded our land? Etc
May God continue to bless your wisdom and service to your God and humanity. Indeed I am very happy and proud that people can boldly talk about out Traditional Religions this way. If they doubt you sir, let all our leaders swear by the gods of our land and let's see how far they can still go on with their corrupt practices.

WHERE WERE OUR FOREFATHERS AND IFA DURING THE FIRST AND SECOND WORLD WAR IF THEY WERE REALLY POWERFUL AS CLAIMED AND EVEN POWERFUL THAN THE FOREIGN ARMIES AND THEIR BOMBS?

I HOPE THAT SIR IFAYEMI IS NOT REFERING TO THOSE IFA THAT REQUIRE BLOOD OF VIRGINS EVERY YEAR?
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by phemocheee(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
They are afraid of African Traditional Religion. Let political office holders and others in public offices swear in the name of Ile (earth). Some of them would say they are Christians and Muslims and would not swear in the name of Ogun ( god of iron) or Sango ( gods of thunder). I agree with them but let everybody swear in the name of Ile. We are all made from the soil and we would return there. Let them swear in this name and you would see that corruption would stop.

Considering the current situation of the country, this is what we truly need

3 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2013
saint Nino Bran: Hmmm, na only one religion wey i sabi and lay my faith and focus and dat is christianity and nothing but dat.

brainwashed slave

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by ajasa4link: 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
Moremony:

WHERE WERE OUR FOREFATHERS AND IFA DURING THE FIRST AND SECOND WORLD WAR IF THEY WERE REALLY POWERFUL AS CLAIMED AND EVEN POWERFUL THAN THE FOREIGN ARMIES AND THEIR BOMBS?

I HOPE THAT SIR IFAYEMI IS NOT REFERING TO THOSE IFA THAT REQUIRE BLOOD OF VIRGINS EVERY YEAR?
And who told u Christianity and Islam won the 2 wars?...did the Japanese hold 3 days fasting and prayer before bombing Pearl harbour? Abi Americans were anointed with oil before destroying Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ifa is definitely the future!

Anyway, how can you determine the orisha's of your ancestors/family if the name of the orisha isn't part of your surname? I know a lot of Yoruba people have, 'ogun', 'osun', 'oya', 'okun' etc. as part of their surnames. And with that, you should be able to know your family's orisha.

The man never lied about Christianity - fear was used as a tool to make people embrace Christianity, hence the never ending talk about "hell" when there's none. The only "hell" that exist is this world.

Who has read the story about how Christian missionaries had to re-write the bible and lie that the Panare Indians killed Jesus because those people failed to accept Christianity? However, the missionaries had to put fear in them just to make them convert to Christianity. That was also how the early Christians started by using "hell" as a premise.

Anyway, there's no true religion - most of us just don't understand humanity and life itself. However, it seems the wisdom of Ifa is higher than Abrahamic religions and it's of Yoruba origin. I'm starting to like everything Ifa is about but more research is needed.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies / Pastor Zakaria Offers To Exchange Himself For Leah Sharibu’s Release / 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.