Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow (3521 Views)

Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend / What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? / I Love My Nigerian Boyfriend! But Our Barriers Are Yoruba Culture! I'm American. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by akinwunmi(m): 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2006
It just came to my knowledge that some babes have vowed never to marry or have anything to do with a Nigerian guy simply b'cos they are stubborn and like controling there babes. I dont think this is the same with all Nigerians, so am asking my fellow Nairalanders. WHT DO YOU THINK?.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by folkzy(f): 5:51pm On Jun 10, 2006
I dislike nigerian guys as well
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by akinwunmi(m): 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2006
I still dont know why. is it b'cos one messd up in a bad way or you have this bile for us. am at a cross road here please help me out.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by folkzy(f): 5:56pm On Jun 10, 2006
no comments.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by akinwunmi(m): 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2006
hmmmm. i believe theres more to it than you are saying. are you afraid to let the demons go.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by folkzy(f): 6:00pm On Jun 10, 2006
maybe or maybe not
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by akinwunmi(m): 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2006
hmmmmm. i think i will take the first one, MAYBE
funketobi:

maybe or maybe not
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by Hotstepper(f): 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2006
noone can eva control me, b/f or no b/f, nigerian or no Nigerian, ontrolling has nuthing to do with nationality, itz not nationality friendly or nationality playa hater, lol
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by akinwunmi(m): 6:15pm On Jun 10, 2006
Hmmmm. i like that. Hotstepper. how would u feel if it happens to you.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by Hotstepper(f): 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2006
it won't happen 2 me datz ma point but lemme assume it happened 2 me, i will feel bad and leave da relationship or r u tied down?lol
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by folkzy(f): 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2006
Nigerian guys r very controlsive.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by folkzy(f): 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2006
i will
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by akinwunmi(m): 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2006
Hotstepper. nah i aint tired down. just curious 'cos i have a friend who has an issue with the topic, i guess u wont hate the guy and his likes generally?
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by Hotstepper(f): 6:23pm On Jun 10, 2006
there r plenty of nice ones out dere, girl, wuteva experience u had with nigerians if u have, well what I can say? itz your life and can't detact 2 u who 2 marry or date, good luck in life sha
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by akinwunmi(m): 6:27pm On Jun 10, 2006
tx hotstepper, more like it funketobi. its like you have been waiting for this kinda topic. now do you have a change of heart, there are cools guys out there ok.
funketobi:

i will never marry/date nigerian guys eventhough am nigerian. am sure there are nice ones out dere. is there?
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by folkzy(f): 6:35pm On Jun 10, 2006
Thanks Akinwunmi & Hotstepper. I really like ur comments n d topic kinda relate to me.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by Hotstepper(f): 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2006
just know dat like i say b4, relationship or wuteva it may be ain't nationality friendly or nationality player hater and noone is perfect but works 2wards perfection
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by folkzy(f): 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2006
ok.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by pajimoh(m): 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2006
If they do not controle you, you will go an extra mile, so he tries to avoid that.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by funloving(m): 11:26pm On Jun 19, 2006
If your boyfriend controls you anyhow  knock his head with a mortar pestle and give him a big smack on his bum to bring him to his senses. Please just make sure I am not the guy in question because I throw very fast punches  grin  grin

Okay, on a more serious note, if your boyfriend controls you anyhow get out of the relationship before he messes up your life for you.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by dominobaby(f): 12:59am On Jun 20, 2006
Can't even gv any guy whatsoever, the chance to 'control' me. Nana!
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by New(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2006
funketobi,

how old are you? If you don't mind me asking
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by cucchi(f): 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2006
my bf is nigerian he doesnt try to control me at all but he is a stubborn pig but i always win him round. cheesy
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by baby4u2(f): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2006
it depends on the type of control. there are some kinds of control that may be acceptable. and although most percentage of niaja boys are controlling the girls are not saints on this matter. my ex was controlling but i admired it cause it was a jealous control to me, he was giving me all the attention i needed with his "dont do that", "i dont like it when u go there" and all those stuff. even if where still friends, i've noticed that thats just his way of showing love. ofcourse i wont accept an obsessive control freak. i still feel a little bit of control from ur man gets u alot of attention.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by mimi4real(f): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2006
baby u are talking
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by baby4u2(f): 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2006
mimi4real:

baby u are talking

lol. my opinion
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by mamaput(f): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2006
Why i will not marry or date not only a Nigerian but Arab.

Even if they are Ok, they care a lot of what other people think or say.

I will give an example.
After having kids it was not possible to go out and chill so often together with my ex, so sometimes he will go out alone sometimes i will go out alone.
I used to go to this Nigerian restaurant,fellow Nigerian men will yap me telling me am supposed to be at home and if they were my husband blablabla.
They will never let their wife go out because she will **** with another man.

Well i always asked them to go and produce the man that has bleeped me?
or i will ask then all this while i have been coming (very often) "which one of you has bleeped me" Non could answer with me.
Well it occurred to me that even if your husband gives you the freedom and trust. His friends will talk him out of it and he will change his mind.

2 Nigerian Men they gossip alot. like and in kiss and tell.

3 the pressure of having a baby boy.

Well now that am no longer thinking of marrage , if i happen to go out with a Nigerian and it dose not work out, no second one will follow
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2006
Control is an essential part of a relationship like it or not. The first real test of the direction a relationship will go (for me) is when you put up the first 2-3 acts of defiance when i subtly hint you to change a behaviour or do things a particular way. I hint once or twice if i'm marginally interested, maybe about 6 times if i am really interestd and after that i completely back out. We might remain in the relationship but the minute i start telling you "it's your life, do as you wish", that is the sign for you to pack your bags and head for the nearest exit.
No man wants to keep a slave, neither does he want to meet someone he cant even advice. Most guys try to mould their girls to fit their lifestyles, it's very hard especially for girls who are used to having their own way but unfortunately the wise ones have put up with it and they are better for it.

There's a difference between controlling and obsessive controlling, it is perfectly ok for you to attempt to control your bf too except you have to accept men are stubborn and will ordinarily attempt to refuse. A guy that truly loves you will later comply.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by omogenaija(f): 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2006
Not everybody is the same.

and i think my nigerian guys r attractive.

i wont let any guy control me. nigerian or not.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by chuks011: 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2006
why nigerian boyfriend, of cause anybody can be controled by anybody so dont spit your fire on them when it happens . i asure you nigerian guys are not all like that wanting to control a lady but they all make rooms to be loved .
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by alameda(m): 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2006
Men are supposed to always have the edge and nigerian babes have to bear with that
But im a guy who doesnt do that all thesame BEAR WITH US
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Nigerian Boyfriend Controls You Anyhow by omogenaija(f): 10:32pm On Jun 24, 2006
alameda:

Men are supposed to always have the edge and nigerian babes have to bear with that
But im a guy who doesnt do that all thesame BEAR WITH US

nigerian babes don't have to do anything that we dont want to. angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Found Love On Twitter / Ladies How 2 Control Yrselves From Sleeping Ard / Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.