Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Onazi: How Keshi Inspired My Super Eagles Success - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Onazi: How Keshi Inspired My Super Eagles Success (833 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi Captures Mugger And Hands Him Over To Police / Onazi Ogenyi Playing Keyboard On Emmanuel Tv / "Tb Joshua I Love You" - Screamed Ogenyi Onazi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Onazi: How Keshi Inspired My Super Eagles Success by solbase10(m): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2013
--Lazio of Italy star, Ogenyi Onazi reveals his untold story

Small and mighty aptly sums up the description of this former Golden Eaglets star whose amazing performances in the Super Eagles colours, particularly at the last Cup of Nations in South Africa have continued to astonished many.
An unknown quantity when he featured mostly from the substitute bench at the U-17 World Cup hosted by Nigeria in 2009, Ogenyi Onazi has taken his game beyond immeasurable heights as a star in the Italian Serie A and also an African Champion just within a couple of years.
This petite but solid dynamite tells his story in this interview. Excerpts...

Emerging from a football family

Yeah, football runs in our blood. Those close to my family know that virtually everybody in the family plays football. Though, I must say here that my elder brother is a better footballer than me, but you know God is the one who owns our lives. My brothers are doing well in their respective career s and we really thank God for his mercies. I just want to play football. It is not by might or power but by the spirit of God. I am happy I have parents who always rally behind me. But I must confess that my mentor and my father in the lord, senior prophet TB Joshua is the man that helped me actualize my goal. Lots of talented footballers abound in Nigeria; even the good ones don’t have the opportunity of showcasing their talents. But the man of God accepted me with open arms when I was introduced to him. I know my humble beginning and I cannot forget my source. He accepted me even though he never met my parents before. It was him who gave me that opportunity to play for the U-17 team . I really want to thank him for believing in me and pray God continues to bless him.

On his progress in Super Eagles thus far

It has been so far so good, where the national team is concerned. It has always been my dream to play for my country at any level. It has been my childhood ambition to play football. I believe in my dream and I know God can make dreams come true. I kept working hard while believing God for a major breakthrough in my football career. I am really enjoying life in the national team, each time I look back, nothing brings me joy like seeing my country progressing in the game. I think it is important we believe in ourselves and hope in God to see our dreams come true. Watching Super Eagles many years ago, I kept telling myself that I would one day wear the green and white jersey. Things looked bleak at that time but I really thank God for how far he has taken me in my football career. Honestly, if it’s a dream, I want to keep sleeping (laughter).

Read More: http://completesportsnigeria.com/news/2013/10/onazi-how-keshi-inspired-my-super-eagles-success

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Photos From Nigeria Jubilation Fifa Under 17 World Cup! / FIFA Invites Nigerian U-17 Stars,iheanacho And Alampasu To Ballon D’or In Zurich / o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.