Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,606 members, 7,781,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 05:24 AM

Why Was My Topic Moved? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Was My Topic Moved? (612 Views)

Breaking News: OAU Female Ebola Virus Suspect Moved To Lagos / Ebola: Wife Of Late Dr Enemuo Moved To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was My Topic Moved? by gameaddict(m): 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hello, I posted a topic in this section earlier today about my emergency app. Someone decided to move it to the science and technology super section. Why? No reason was even posted.

Topic link is https://www.nairaland.com/1493522/free-nigerian-emergency-app
Re: Why Was My Topic Moved? by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Why Was My Topic Moved? by gameaddict(m): 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
I don't see how an app that helps people in terms of access to emergency services belongs in the science and tech section rather than in a section where people interested in health and safety come together. And you could at least send some form of notification to posters when their topics are moved.
Re: Why Was My Topic Moved? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Why Was My Topic Moved? by gameaddict(m): 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
Posting an entire database of phone numbers, sorted by states and category of emergency will not help anyone and will require unnecessary effort on the part of the user in terms of sorting and storing them. The app simplifies everything for them and users can easily click the numbers to call from within the app. Accessibility. Ease of use. These are what I aimed for while creating the app and I believe I achieved my aim in this regard.

But then, I can not deny the fact that the post was an ad especially since its an entry for a competition and I do understand the immense effort that would be required if you had to notify all users. In that case, I believe you would not refuse an app that automates notification to posters for you just as users would appreciate an app that gives them easy access to emergency services.

The fact that I can see it on my list of posts doesn't mean I get to know. Especially if my browsing process involves moving through the section rather than via my profile post listings. After all, I am also interested in other topics on this forum and this section besides mine.

(1) (Reply)

pls help!!! How do i Stop Spinal Cord Pain? / Kegel Excrcise (women) / Ebola Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.