Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi (11342 Views)

Bayelsa Economy Collapses: Eyewitness Account By Visiting Journalist / FLASH BACK: GEJ Insulted Nigerian Muslims By Visiting Isreal -sheikh Gumi / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by muyeeoo(m): 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
This shows that nigerians can be easily manipulated on religious ground. It also shows that some people are so ignorant of their history and religion.
The following keep ringing in my mind
This pilgrimage is it a religious exercise?
Is this visit to the christains or the jews?
These jews that have been accused of genocide on christains of yesterday and today.
And should it be given this unecessary attention?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
Circle-Of-Wilis:

50yrs? in ur wild dreamz

rule for 50yrs and north wil rule for 200yrs, we no hw to cling onto power once its in our hands...mind u

ONE NAJERIA!!

Have it in mind that Biafra is heading out of Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2013
muyeeoo: This shows that nigerians can be easily manipulated on religious ground. It also shows that some people are so ignorant of their history and religion.
The following keep ringing in my mind
This pilgrimage is it a religious exercise?
Is this visit to the christains or the jews?
These jews that have been accused of genocide on christains of yesterday and today.
And should it be given this unecessary attention?

What are you talking about?

is it Gumi's comments or the fact that we don't like his comment?
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by daylae(m): 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
the whole rumbling by gumi is borne out of hatred for Jews, the point that Nigeria recognizes Palestinian state does not mean we do not have benefitting relationship with Israel, especially in the area of agriculture and military. His frustration is just the evidence of the solidarity given by Muslims and Arabs to the Palestinian state against Israel. He tried to use political point of view to achieve his goal, so as not to be accussed of hate on religious ground.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by naijaking1: 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Anybody knows why Nigeria is one of the few countries paying for religious pilgrimage for its citizens over and over again, while funds for basic education is lacking? Thanks to Gowon, the smart Hausa/Fulani slave

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by nafiachi(m): 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
Arysexy:

SHEIK GUMI power! Powerless power eeee!

Gudluck power! Super power eeeeee!

Every demonic gumi spirit in d north brainwashing and causing religious division, SUMERSAULT AND DIE! IJN! Die! Die!! Die!!!

Guys! Are u really serious about this ur die die die thing!, It really baffles me how some people have been completely brain washed, even somersault? Kai na wah for the way some xtians dey reason oh!, I no blame una sha, but one thing u guys need to understand is that gumi has every right to aire his opinion, it's left for u to accept or criticise, one thing is clear though, u Christians really need to find out more about what u believe and practice! A's for me, if u like worship Hell that's ya problem
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Arysexy(m): 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
nafiachi:

Guys! Are u really serious about this ur die die die thing!, It really baffles me how some people have been completely brain washed, even somersault? Kai na wah for the way some xtians dey reason oh!, I no blame una sha, but one thing u guys need to understand is that gumi has every right to aire his opinion, it's left for u to accept or criticise, one thing is clear though, u Christians really need to find out more about what u believe and practice! A's for me, if u like worship Hell that's ya problem

And u think u dat knack head on d ground and raise nyash up is better and know about what u believe and practice?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Chaleeee: 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
Delafruita: some people just cant shield their ignorance.am certain you and almost every other person dt commented on this thread didnt even finish reading the write-up.his criticism isnt from a religious standpoint,rather it is from a political viewpoint.which is why he began by saying a journey to isreal isnt a cardinal principle in christianty as is mecca to muslims.the crux of the matter is that since nigeria claims to recognize palestine,a jamboree to isreal is like saying one thing and doing another.no nigerian president or head of state has visited isreal for obvious reasons and same applies to almost every nation that recognizes palestine.if pilgrimage to isreal were to be a cumpulsion on christians,it would have been a different thing but it isnt so by visiting isreal,our president has negated our policy on palestine.its simple as that which is why Gumi described Jonathan as a bad politician

So the recognition of Palestine means an instant hatred of Israel? Just that you know, Palestine is a state of mind and will remain so foever. Gumi and his goons are supposed to have thought deeply about an issue before exposing the rotteness of their bellies to the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by sheniqua: 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hahaha
See who is talking
Shriek Goomie
They look so dirty,haggard and unkempt
With body odor
There could be lice and other small animals living in all that fur
Someone should give these people a razor to groom themselves

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Splinz(m): 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
MR GUMI ISN MAKING ANY SENSE 2 BE FRANK. GEJ IS A CHRISTIAN & HAS THE RIGHT 2 GO 4 PILGRIMAGE IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD! SO GEJ SHOULDN HAVE EMBARK ON A PILGRIMAGE B/C ITS NOT A CARDINAL THING IN CHRISTIANITY? WHAT AN INTERFERENCE! ITS TOTALY ABSURD

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by emmatok(m): 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
gleaf: [b][/b]
Gej is there as a christian on pilgrimage! So are you trying to say cos he is a president and going on pilgrimage is not by compulsion for christians he is not suppose to be there? If this trip is disturbing Gumi and co muslims then I won't mind Gej governing us from Jerusalem hotle til 2015....

Though I don't like GUMI, and his tendencies.

Real Christians don't go on Pilgrimage.

But Pilgrimage was politicised in Nigeria, because government spends billions on Muslim Pilgrimage, government must spend thesame on Christian pilgrimage.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by jmaine: 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
Delafruita: ur post shows that you lack knowledge of middle east politics.its as simple s this,isreal and palestine have their issues and nigeria supports the palestinean agitation.its one thing to have foreign relations with isreal while its another for our president to visit isreal on a pilgrimage in a capital city that is one of the major reasons for the discord between isreal and palestine.

Your post makes no sense. No offense.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Arysexy(m): 8:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
sheniqua: Hahaha
See who is talking
Shriek Goomie
They look so dirty,haggard and unkempt
With body odor
There could be lice and other small animals living in all that fur
Someone should give these people a razor to groom themselves

@ d boldened LWTMB! Hahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by jmaine: 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
Gumi and all his supporters are very useless . . . . angry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by JSAdex: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Don't blame him, too much of everything is bad for brain even too much of "Eran Ileya" can cause brain to be demented. Religious Racist Osi!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by arm4u: 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Circle-Of-Wilis:
the man Gumi is rite, y shld GEJ identify himsef with israel, he repreent ol najerians whr eva he goes.....infct he hs no rite to practice any religion whatsoeva as the president.

He can do odawise only if he is a muslim, dt is wht our Book says!

ONE NAJERIA!!

Please what book are you referring to? The verses appear satanic!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by sleekdre: 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
Awakulowo2: I don't think Gumi is making any sense here. GEJ is a Christian and he can visit the holy land as a Christian and the President of the most populous Black Nation. The only problem here is the number of ibos that travelled with him. ibos are there for their selfish interest, ask Stella Oduah. The ibos should have travelled as biafrans not as Nigerians.
You're just a misguided goat!! Check the statistics, Igbo dominate christianity. You and your silly ass tribalism should hug FFK' transformer..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by MeAboki(m): 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
Delafruita: some people just cant shield their ignorance.am certain you and almost every other person dt commented on this thread didnt even finish reading the write-up.his criticism isnt from a religious standpoint,rather it is from a political viewpoint.which is why he began by saying a journey to isreal isnt a cardinal principle in christianty as is mecca to muslims.the crux of the matter is that since nigeria claims to recognize palestine,a jamboree to isreal is like saying one thing and doing another.no nigerian president or head of state has visited isreal for obvious reasons and same applies to almost every nation that recognizes palestine.if pilgrimage to isreal were to be a cumpulsion on christians,it would have been a different thing but it isnt so by visiting isreal,our president has negated our policy on palestine.its simple as that which is why Gumi described Jonathan as a bad politician

You are wasting your time with these dullards, comprehension and objectivity can never be one of their strong points, they claim education but simply lack intelligence - Odechukwuism is fast catching up with them, PhD without intelligence.
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Longeria(m): 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
Wsdm:
And how have you demonstrated that?
In 2011 presidential election; Jonathan got more than 24% votes from the Muslim dominated North and Buhari a Muslim got virtually nothing from the Christian dominated South.
Check all the posts by Muslims all over the social media; no single Muslim insults JESUS( may God bless him), compare it to the Christians that hurl insults not even to the Prophet MUHAMMAD( may the Peace and blessings of God be on Him) but to ALLAH ostensibly showing DEEP hatred to the Muslims. We know that very few of you can really tolerate people of other faith. But the Muslims have been taught to respect everyone.
So killing of Christians all over the world is a show of respect to Jesus abi?
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by White007(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
Wouldn't say I'm surprise, Gumi and his likes hatred for Southerners are REAL. He's a delirious Islamic Jihad supremacist born-to-rule nut job, who wants Islamic rule and Sharia for all Nigerians.

God punish Saran.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by MontaySingh: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
I think this nairaland is an assembly of reterdee(GEJ )supporters and foolish and senseless christians.Can you imagine foolish people castigating the old man for pointing out the president's mistakes,Is it because you are high on your "KAINKAIN" that makes you speak before reasoning or what?Because the old man has said nothing wrong to deserved your responses.
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by CircleOfWilis: 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2013
noblezone:

Have it in mind that Biafra is heading out of Nigeria!
ur leaders dont hav d balls to secede, d only guy with strong mind to do it is late,biafra too is dead(ojukwu..rip)

#TEAM one Najeria!
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by CircleOfWilis: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
arm4u:

Please what book are you referring to? The verses appear satanic!
yea, u r rite!
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by olabukola: 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
blacksta: Please say no to Hausa president enough is enough - please say no to retrogression. I am not a fan of GEJ but i prefer he remains president. Southern president please for the next 50 years
somebody hacked your handle I guess!!!
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by MontaySingh: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Longeria: So killing of Christians all over the world is a show of respect to Jesus abi?
Who is killing who?Think dont just talk.
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by cjrane: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
noblezone: Jonathan Has assaulted The Sensibilities of Muslims by Visiting Jerusalem-Gumi

Respected Kaduna based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Gumi has said that President Jonathan's pilgrimage to Israel has assaulted the sensibilities of Muslims and in his opinion shows that President Jonathan is not a good Christian.

Read his views below

JONATHAN IN ISRAEL

I am not a keen political commentator probably because my brain also filters information through the prism of religion, but I definitely now believe that Mr. Jonathan is neither a politician nor does he mean well for other Nigerians.

His ‘tourism’ to Israel is a big political blunder, I said tourism because its never in the annals of true Christianity to partake pilgrimage as it’s a cardinal tenets of Islam to go on such pilgrimage to three most Ancient mosques in the World. In a hadith narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim from Abu Huraira, the prophet – peace be upon him was quoted as saying: “No religious journey is allowed except to three mosques”. They are the Makkah mosque, the Medina mosque and the Jerusalem mosque.

Nigeria along with many other African and world countries has sided with the plight of the Palestinians that were forced out of their homeland, killed and scattered. There are still Palestinian refugees in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and all over the world. They are prevented from entering their mother land just because it was confiscated by the Western powers with Israel used as a ‘front’. It’s a share case of colonization with expulsion of the rightful occupants. For this reason no Nigerian president in the past, Muslim or Christian has visited Israel in order not to honor such injustice.

Today Nigeria riddled with insurmountable political, economic and social problems, our least priority is a state visit to a controversial state where human suffering is the norm of the day. What do we stand to gain from Israel? For one, the Jews -I am saying this without any prejudice- are traditionally known to be misers while we African are seldom not beggars. Charity is not in there lexicon. Jesus – alaihis Salam- has condemned them in the most explicable terms no other human has done. ‘Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?’M't:23:33.
In the Quran, Jews were also cursed with misery and lowliness; they can only parasite on other nations to survive and on Allah’s mercy on occasions. Allah said: “ Shame is pitched over them (Like a tent) wherever they are found, except when under a covenant (of protection) from Allah and from men; they draw on themselves wrath from Allah, and pitched over them is (the tent of) destitution. This because they rejected the Signs of Allah, and slew the prophets in defiance of right; this because they rebelled and transgressed beyond bounds”. Q3/112

Notherless the Quran in fairness said “Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of Allah all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. “ Q3/113.

What concern us now, is that Jonathan has succumbed to the pressure to support the Jews at the detriment of the oppressed Palestinians and the teaming millions of Nigerians living under the most appalling conditions, our children out of schools, and the ostentatious life style of his ministers, cronies and oil thieves.

If Jonathan wants religious peace in Nigeria, his visit to a religiously controversial state is a mistake. The message is that he is insensitive to Muslim’s sensibility. There is share recklessness in such an adventure. Truly Islam has enjoined Muslims to interact, mutually benefit with the Jews in business and marriage. Muslims are allowed to eat their food, therefore it should be understood that the Muslim’s apathy towards them is because of Zionism and the plight of their fellow Muslims. The Jewish experience is Spain under the Muslim rule is well documented. They prefer Muslim’s treatment to the Christians. Even in recent history what the German Nazi did to the Jews cannot be effaced.

My advice to Israel is that they should not interfere with Nigerian problems, treat Mr. Jonathan as a simple tourist. As I also beseech them to facilitate Muslims going on pilgrimage to Jerusalem as instructed by the prophet of Mercy.

May Allah protect us from all evil! Amin.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/jonathan-has-assaulted-the-sensibilities-of-muslims-by-visiting-jerusalem-gumi
[size=15pt]
FOLLOWERS OF RELIGION OF PISS!

PLEASE, LET PISS REIGN IN NIGERIA !
[/size]
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Dreamflyin(m): 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
GEJ insulted Muslims by visiting Jerusalem.
Tambuwal and co's insulted women's right by
visiting Saudi Arabia!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by kettykings: 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
I support prophet Gumi 100% on this matter, the Jews are the most base and despicable people on the earth and all the nations of the earth should do well to avoid the Jews but where i fault Gumi and his hypocritical religious beliefs is where him and his followers knowing fully well what the Koran says about the Jews and practice it to the letter will decide to spill the last drop of their hypocritical religious venom to make sure they remain with infidel igbos who have already traced their origin to the Jews.
This is my grouse with the Islamic nation in Nigeria, this hypocrisy is the worst type of venomous hypocrisy been perpetrated by the Muslims in Nigeria to the chagrin of Arabs and other true followers of Islam.
Gaddafi once commented and advised nigerians to split according to religious orientation which Muslims in Nigeria still opposed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Igbanibo: 10:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
noblezone: Jonathan Has assaulted The Sensibilities of Muslims by Visiting Jerusalem-Gumi

Respected Kaduna based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Gumi has said that President Jonathan's pilgrimage to Israel has assaulted the sensibilities of Muslims and in his opinion shows that President Jonathan is not a good Christian.

Read his views below

JONATHAN IN ISRAEL

I am not a keen political commentator probably because my brain also filters information through the prism of religion, but I definitely now believe that Mr. Jonathan is neither a politician nor does he mean well for other Nigerians.

His ‘tourism’ to Israel is a big political blunder, I said tourism because its never in the annals of true Christianity to partake pilgrimage as it’s a cardinal tenets of Islam to go on such pilgrimage to three most Ancient mosques in the World. In a hadith narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim from Abu Huraira, the prophet – peace be upon him was quoted as saying: “No religious journey is allowed except to three mosques”. They are the Makkah mosque, the Medina mosque and the Jerusalem mosque.

Nigeria along with many other African and world countries has sided with the plight of the Palestinians that were forced out of their homeland, killed and scattered. There are still Palestinian refugees in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and all over the world. They are prevented from entering their mother land just because it was confiscated by the Western powers with Israel used as a ‘front’. It’s a share case of colonization with expulsion of the rightful occupants. For this reason no Nigerian president in the past, Muslim or Christian has visited Israel in order not to honor such injustice.

Today Nigeria riddled with insurmountable political, economic and social problems, our least priority is a state visit to a controversial state where human suffering is the norm of the day. What do we stand to gain from Israel? For one, the Jews -I am saying this without any prejudice- are traditionally known to be misers while we African are seldom not beggars. Charity is not in there lexicon. Jesus – alaihis Salam- has condemned them in the most explicable terms no other human has done. ‘Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?’M't:23:33.
In the Quran, Jews were also cursed with misery and lowliness; they can only parasite on other nations to survive and on Allah’s mercy on occasions. Allah said: “ Shame is pitched over them (Like a tent) wherever they are found, except when under a covenant (of protection) from Allah and from men; they draw on themselves wrath from Allah, and pitched over them is (the tent of) destitution. This because they rejected the Signs of Allah, and slew the prophets in defiance of right; this because they rebelled and transgressed beyond bounds”. Q3/112

Notherless the Quran in fairness said “Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of Allah all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. “ Q3/113.

What concern us now, is that Jonathan has succumbed to the pressure to support the Jews at the detriment of the oppressed Palestinians and the teaming millions of Nigerians living under the most appalling conditions, our children out of schools, and the ostentatious life style of his ministers, cronies and oil thieves.

If Jonathan wants religious peace in Nigeria, his visit to a religiously controversial state is a mistake. The message is that he is insensitive to Muslim’s sensibility. There is share recklessness in such an adventure. Truly Islam has enjoined Muslims to interact, mutually benefit with the Jews in business and marriage. Muslims are allowed to eat their food, therefore it should be understood that the Muslim’s apathy towards them is because of Zionism and the plight of their fellow Muslims. The Jewish experience is Spain under the Muslim rule is well documented. They prefer Muslim’s treatment to the Christians. Even in recent history what the German Nazi did to the Jews cannot be effaced.

My advice to Israel is that they should not interfere with Nigerian problems, treat Mr. Jonathan as a simple tourist. As I also beseech them to facilitate Muslims going on pilgrimage to Jerusalem as instructed by the prophet of Mercy.

May Allah protect us from all evil! Amin.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/jonathan-has-assaulted-the-sensibilities-of-muslims-by-visiting-jerusalem-gumi

Let me guess, Sheik Gumi wants to make a pilgrimage to Mecca instead? Not sure of the type of rubbish that the Sheik is spewing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download A Fraction Of Gej's thesis Here. / Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright / EFCC Arraigns Suswam Over N3.1bn Fraud Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.