Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,432 members, 7,781,258 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:24 AM

Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi (11300 Views)

Bayelsa Economy Collapses: Eyewitness Account By Visiting Journalist / FLASH BACK: GEJ Insulted Nigerian Muslims By Visiting Isreal -sheikh Gumi / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Ikengawo: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
Wsdm:
No Muslim hurl direct insult to an elderly Christians in the age of Gumi. That shows the level of training and self discipline between the two.
Back to the issue; If Jonathan visits that place on personal religious ground, no problem. But his entourage is pointing at STATE-PILGRIMS-VISITS. And this should concern the adherents of other faiths because , he is not the president of a particular religion.

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by MeAboki(m): 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2013
Igbanibo:

Let me guess, Sheik Gumi wants to make a pilgrimage to Mecca instead? Not sure of the type of rubbish that the Sheik is spewing.

Of course how could you understand such an intellectually demanding piece of commentary; while you have no gumption at all.
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by igbeke: 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
prophylaxis: guy r u a philosopher ur logic is too sound
what a sarcasm!
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by ebukaOtika(m): 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
ikwere militant: please can some one show ths he goat the way to yaba psychiatric home

I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO SAY SOMETHING MEANINFUL...WHY QUOTING THE WHOLE STORY AGAIN NA ...
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by DaLover(m): 11:14pm On Oct 26, 2013
Delafruita: some people just cant shield their ignorance.am certain you and almost every other person dt commented on this thread didnt even finish reading the write-up.his criticism isnt from a religious standpoint,rather it is from a political viewpoint.which is why he began by saying a journey to isreal isnt a cardinal principle in christianty as is mecca to muslims.the crux of the matter is that since nigeria claims to recognize palestine,a jamboree to isreal is like saying one thing and doing another.no nigerian president or head of state has visited isreal for obvious reasons and same applies to almost every nation that recognizes palestine.if pilgrimage to isreal were to be a cumpulsion on christians,it would have been a different thing but it isnt so by visiting isreal,our president has negated our policy on palestine.its simple as that which is why Gumi described Jonathan as a bad politician

Firstly pilgrimage out of compulsion or pilgrimage out of personal desire, it's still pilgrimage and the president as a person has a right to pilgrimage to any place of his desires,

Secondly, Nigeria did not support the palestines because they were Muslims, but as a nation, so the issue of GEJ offending Muslims should take a far back seat.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by ebukaOtika(m): 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2013
Wsdm:
No Muslim hurl direct insult to an elderly Christians in the age of Gumi. That shows the level of training and self discipline between the two.
Back to the issue; If Jonathan visits that place on personal religious ground, no problem. But his entourage is pointing at STATE-PILGRIMS-VISITS. And this should concern the adherents of other faiths because , he is not the president of a particular religion.

I THINK YOU JUST TOLD A BIG FAT LIE in your first sentence .... The Ones You Give To The Pope Nko......so you now feel the Pain Bah? Mtcheeew!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by ebukaOtika(m): 12:31am On Oct 27, 2013
noblezone:

While Jesus teaches us to love those who hate us, Mohammed taught his people to hate those who love them!
This is what we are saying, that something is fundamentally wrong with the religion of Islam!

ARE YOU JUST KNOWING...... E BETTER MAKE I BECOME BABALAWO i.e DIBIA or Native DOCTOR THAN ENTER A MOSQUE TALK LESS OF BECOMING A MUSLIM.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by ebukaOtika(m): 12:43am On Oct 27, 2013
Arysexy:

SHEIK GUMI power! Powerless power eeee!

Gudluck power! Super power eeeeee!

Every demonic gumi spirit in d north brainwashing and causing religious division, SUMERSAULT AND DIE! IJN! Die! Die!! Die!!!

e be like say you dey go MOUNTAIN OF FIRE?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by ebukaOtika(m): 12:54am On Oct 27, 2013
Wsdm:
And how have you demonstrated that?
In 2011 presidential election; Jonathan got more than 24% votes from the Muslim dominated North and Buhari a Muslim got virtually nothing from the Christian dominated South.
Check all the posts by Muslims all over the social media; no single Muslim insults JESUS( may God bless him), compare it to the Christians that hurl insults not even to the Prophet MUHAMMAD( may the Peace and blessings of God be on Him) but to ALLAH ostensibly showing DEEP hatred to the Muslims. We know that very few of you can really tolerate people of other faith. But the Muslims have been taught to respect everyone.

Iro
Lies
Asi
IRO NLA
FAT LIES
NNUKWU ASI

YOU GUYS NOT ONLY INSULT JESUS, YOU KILL HIM DAILY AND EVEN OVERLOADING THE MORTUARY IN HEAVEN ..... NONSENSTICLE NONSENSE..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Wsdm: 4:47am On Oct 27, 2013
ebuka Otika:

Iro
Lies
Asi
IRO NLA
FAT LIES
NNUKWU ASI

YOU GUYS NOT ONLY INSULT JESUS, YOU KILL HIM DAILY AND EVEN OVERLOADING THE MORTUARY IN HEAVEN ..... NONSENSTICLE NONSENSE..
I challenge you in all sincerity to produce one of those insults by even the weakest in faith among the Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Wsdm: 5:05am On Oct 27, 2013
Longeria: So killing of Christians all over the world is a show of respect to Jesus abi?
Just what you are made to believe. When ever there is an economic/political Flexing of muscles between the Arab world and Europe you term it 'Holy war'. If their is ethnic crises between a Hausa man and Kaje in Kaduna you tag it religious war, when the Fulanis are retaliating their near annihilation by the Biroms of Plateau state you call it religious war, when thesame happened between the hausas and the igbo you also call it religious war. In Palestine there are Christian fighting the Jews also because of injustices, in Egypt there are Christians also and so many Arab world, have you ever heard that they a fighting?
We don't view things subjectively but objectively. I hope that the Nigerias Christians will one day come to term with the reality of world events.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:22am On Oct 27, 2013
Wsdm:
Just what you are made to believe. When ever there is an economic/political Flexing of muscles between the Arab world and Europe you term it 'Holy war'. If their is ethnic crises between a Hausa man and Kaje in Kaduna you tag it religious war, when the Fulanis are retaliation their near annihilation by the Biroms of Plateau state you call it religious war, when thesame happened between the hausas and the igbo you also call it religious war. In Palestine there are Christian fighting the Jews also because of injustices, in Egypt there are Christians also and so many Arab world, have you ever heard that they a fighting?
We don't view things subjectively but objectively. I hope that the Nigerias Christians will one day come to term with the reality of world events.

How about when a group of miscreants chanting Allahu Akbar descend on a church (Christ's holy temple) and set it on fire killing the priest (Christ's representative) in the process. What do you call that?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Femolacaster(m): 6:34am On Oct 27, 2013
Wsdm:
Yes, muslims don't hurl direct insult to an elderly christian but they do it indirectly by throwing bomb in churches like your brothers chanting ALLAH AKBAQ whenever they exhibit their dastard act. Which is better between the two? S1lly man, u are trying to defend Gumi's statement, his he your mentor? What u are trying to display is religious intolerance and mind you, Nigeria is not an islamic/sharia state.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Delafruita(m): 6:37am On Oct 27, 2013
DaLover:

Firstly pilgrimage out of compulsion or pilgrimage out of personal desire, it's still pilgrimage and the president as a person has a right to pilgrimage to any place of his desires,

Secondly, Nigeria did not support the palestines because they were Muslims, but as a nation, so the issue of GEJ offending Muslims should take a far back seat.
GEJ lost the right to give in to his personal desires when he became president of the federal reupblic of nigeria.he can no longer do whatever he feels like doing because his steps,actions,visit etc will be seen as been on behalf of Nigeria.

You have a point by saying nigeria doesnt support palestines because they are muslims but rather because they deserve their own state.however,the history of middle east crisis is intricately tied with religion.the palestinean agitation is mainly seen as a muslim agitation because almost all islamic states are behind them.the 6-day war had the league of arab nations on one side so it is largely interpreted to mean a muslim struggle to free their brothers from the clutch of jewish and imperial domination/bondage
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by touch4mony: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2013
Awakulowo2: I don't think Gumi is making any sense here. GEJ is a Christian and he can visit the holy land as a Christian and the President of the most populous Black Nation. The only problem here is the number of ibos that travelled with him. ibos are there for their selfish interest, ask Stella Oduah. The ibos should have travelled as biafrans not as Nigerians.
fool whatz the topic here,if ur not hapy the igbo went with him go hug a transformer pls.which selfish interest is there if u are angry that GEJ said the igbos are the pillar of his administration go and die.an igbo is not even in power yet ur crying if an igbo bcomes the presido ppl like u will die

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by NOLONGTIN1(m): 7:09am On Oct 27, 2013
While reading this article on a news site, I wanted to scream out loud. Is this hypocrisy or what?

Nigeria muslim leaders go to mecca and no one says Shit, but GEJ goes to Jerusalem and one Alhaji comes out to claim he insulted Islam *angry*

This man is only trying to turn Muslims against GEJ which is a shame because no christian tried to play the religious card when Ya'ardua and Co went to mecca.

Pilgrimage by christians isn't forbidden just as it isn't a necessity. So that man shouldn't claim/act like he knows the bible.

This man has really insult my intelligence, I'm finding it really hard to refrain from insulting/abusing him

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by NOLONGTIN1(m): 7:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Delafruita: GEJ lost the right to give in to his personal desires when he became president of the federal reupblic of nigeria.he can no longer do whatever he feels like doing because his steps,actions,visit etc will be seen as been on behalf of Nigeria.

You have a point by saying nigeria doesnt support palestines because they are muslims but rather because they deserve their own state.however,the history of middle east crisis is intricately tied with religion.the palestinean agitation is mainly seen as a muslim agitation because almost all islamic states are behind them.the 6-day war had the league of arab nations on one side so it is largely interpreted to mean a muslim struggle to free their brothers from the clutch of jewish and imperial domination/bondage

Pls can u direct me to any of your post criticising any muslim governor or Ya'ardua wen he went to mecca (he didn't go alone, therefore according to you, that's a state pilgrimage). Or is it only muslim leaders that are entitled to personal desires?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Wsdm: 7:35am On Oct 27, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

How about when a group of miscreants chanting Allahu Akbar descend on a church (Christ's holy temple) and set it on fire killing the priest (Christ's representative) in the process. What do you call that?
What i want you to understand is simple; majority of the hausas are Muslim, so you will surely notice ' Islamic foot prints' on any attack they carry out in the name of ethnicity hence the chanting of Allahu Akbar. Like wise the Kajes of Kaduna state- they slaughtered every traveller on Kaftan( a traditional hausa attire popular with the Northern Muslims) eventhough the person is from another tribe when ever a conflict brakes out between them and hausas.
If you all are forcing us to believe that all these ethnic crises are religious, why are Muslims from other tribes not attacking their Christians?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Abbey2sam(m): 7:58am On Oct 27, 2013
Delafruita: some people just cant shield their ignorance.am certain you and almost every other person dt commented on this thread didnt even finish reading the write-up.his criticism isnt from a religious standpoint,rather it is from a political viewpoint.which is why he began by saying a journey to isreal isnt a cardinal principle in christianty as is mecca to muslims.the crux of the matter is that since nigeria claims to recognize palestine,a jamboree to isreal is like saying one thing and doing another.no nigerian president or head of state has visited isreal for obvious reasons and same applies to almost every nation that recognizes palestine.if pilgrimage to isreal were to be a cumpulsion on christians,it would have been a different thing but it isnt so by visiting isreal,our president has negated our policy on palestine.its simple as that which is why Gumi described Jonathan as a bad politician

Without islam this world would have been a better place

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by NOLONGTIN1(m): 8:00am On Oct 27, 2013
Arysexy:

Wia was he when abacha, ibb, abdusalam, yaradua, atiku, namadi and most muslim head of states dat have been going to mecca and stone throwing jamboree claded on white towel and trecking on foot to mount arafat and these disgusting scenes are shown to d world on CNN, BBC, Aljazeera etc as president of Nigeria? So he doesn't know we christians are insulted by watching such islamic rituals and our country been potrayed as an islamic country?

Wia was he when d military head of state smuggled Nigeria into organisation of islamic countries OIC? Is Nigeria an islamic country? Our sensibility as christians not insulted?

Mehn, dis fake unity we r preaching is just an effort in futility. I know ppl up north see Nigeria as dia right and can yarn as they like. This kind of utterance is enough to arrest d him for questioning. If ur religion hate jews u can't force us to hate them tooo.

And for the air heads questioning y igbos are much on d entourage, y not question y hausas are much in mecca pilgrimage? How many igbo did u see in mecca? Igbos are 99% christians and as such shud be much in any christian gathering.

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by NOLONGTIN1(m): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2013
Delafruita: the ignorance of you folks is astounding.our nation recognizes palestine and our president is on a jamboree in isreal

Our nation also recognises Israel!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by levite101(m): 8:08am On Oct 27, 2013
malele: Thunder fire gumi mouth, useless boko haran HE goat.
the FO.OL is only looking for cheap PUBLICITY...MTCHEEWW

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by luvinhubby(m): 8:35am On Oct 27, 2013
Anumanu !!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by drnoel: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2013
cjrane: Hehehehe....
But muslims don't assualt the sensibilities of Christians when they visit Mecca and Medina?
U can see the hypocrisy with some lf these islamic bigots. What is most annoying is that their people will believe them.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by lorddannie: 10:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Wsdm:
But have you not been taught that the Israelites are not Christians? And they even boast of killing 'your Christ'? Could you please stop associating Christians to the Jews on religious ground and instead on a master and slave relationship. How ill you people think!
Mr man, stop spreading your hate sermons. They aren't yielding result.

Christianity has its roots in the Jewish religion, Judaism:Matthew 5:17 Jesus said "do not think I have come to do a way with or undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them"

Matthew 17:2-3 "and was transfigured before them: and His face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And behold there appeared unto them Moses and Elijah talking with Him"
These men are the symbolics of the Law and the Prophets(which is the core of the Jewish religion)

The Jews didn't kill Jesus by their power, but He voluntarily allowed himself to be crucified that the scriptures might be fulfilled. John 10:17-18, Jesus said "for this reason the Father loves Me because I lay down my own life- to take it back. No one takes it away from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have the power to lay it down, and I have the power to take it again. This commandment have I received from my Father"

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by thaoriginator: 10:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Spencer Dark
Look at all of them laughing in israel... When I've been ahome for 4months now, my future and career is being deliberately delayed. This man just has to go 2015, I once supported him fully, but he has had enough of that seat. And to my fellow 'christians', I hope you all won't make noise if one day a muslim man sits there and takes his fellow muslim governors and members of his cabinet to mecca on a tour such as this. I hope you all won't cry foul and say he is too islamic to be your president. Has God so forgotten and left nigeria that they all have to go to israel to look for him?.. How much have and will they spend on this tourism, for staying there up to a week?. When they come back they tell ASUU there's no money because they prefer to spend on frivolities like this, and luxuries like armoured cars. If they are all this religious, why can't God protect them and secure their supposed threatened life, why do they need armoured cars? You set up a 3-man panel to investigate someone you're travelling with the next day, why won't you give the panel 2weeks!, They keep deceiving the masses

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by Wsdm: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
tha_originator: Spencer Dark
Look at all of them laughing in israel... When I've been ahome for 4months now, my future and career is being deliberately delayed. This man just has to go 2015, I once supported him fully, but he has had enough of that seat. And to my fellow 'christians', I hope you all won't make noise if one day a muslim man sits there and takes his fellow muslim governors and members of his cabinet to mecca on a tour such as this. I hope you all won't cry foul and say he is too islamic to be your president. Has God so forgotten and left nigeria that they all have to go to israel to look for him?.. How much have and will they spend on this tourism, for staying there up to a week?. When they come back they tell ASUU there's no money because they prefer to spend on frivolities like this, and luxuries like armoured cars. If they are all this religious, why can't God protect them and secure their supposed threatened life, why do they need armoured cars? You set up a 3-man panel to investigate someone you're travelling with the next day, why won't you give the panel 2weeks!, They keep deceiving the masses
You are one of the reasons why i don't like to generalize when it comes to portraying some Christians.
Jonathan is only a practical deceiver using religion as a pole to cling on to power.
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by arsenalwenger: 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Allah told Mohammed in quran chapter 5:51 ''O YOU who have attained
to faith! Do not take the Jews and the
Christians for your friends: they are but
friends of one another [72] and
whoever of you allies himself with
them becomes, verily, one of them; behold, God does not guide such
evildoers''.

This partcular verse of the quran is enough to knw the private thinking of an average muslim fanatic concerning the xtain and Jews. And Gumi, being a devout muslim, have to follow the quranic injuntion to the latter. So Jonathan (being a xtain) visiting Israel (being a Jewish state) solidifies Nigeria muslims (especially northern muslims) fears, but the cannot do anything about rit.

Its not only Atiku, IBB, Fashola, Tinube etc that are licenced to go to their holyland (mecca). We xtains can also choose to go to Jerusalem. So muslims in the house should go and kool down and stop complaining where there is no issue.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by cjrane: 1:12pm On Oct 27, 2013
I can't believe Gumi or whatever his name is said that!

Didn't i see Namadi Sambo at the Hajj just a few weeks ago, did his going to Saudi Arabia to fulfill his religious rites offend Christians in Nigeria?

I think Christians should drop this mantle of tolerance and become a little bit more militant in Nigeria. A lot is being taken for granted in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by theshadyexpress(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
Wsdm:
You are one of the reasons why i don't like to generalize when it comes to portraying some Christians.
Jonathan is only a practical deceiver using religion as a pole to cling on to power.
when will you reason properly ?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by seunkom1: 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
to b candid, im a christian what the man said is not politically incorrect. No where in christianity are we encouraged to go to isreal for pilgrimage. most of us christian are looking at it from d view that muslim do go to mecca, which i belive we are just imitating, and it doesnt guarantee u eternal life. Besides the injustice jews show to palestinians no God fearing christian will support it.
pls just my view, no tongue lashing.
Re: Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi by ebukaOtika(m): 3:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
Wsdm:
I challenge you in all sincerity to produce one of those insults by even the weakest in faith among the Muslims.

MY BROTHER THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM HERE FOR,TO LOOK FOR AND TRACK THOSE INSULTING CHRISTIANS..... YOU KNOW THE TRUTH.... THE HANDWRITING IS ON THE WALL......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stolen Assets: FG To Make Recovery Details Available Thursday – Presidency / Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today / Bama Massacre Negates Amnesty Talks – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.