Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions (25445 Views)

BBM on iPhone and related issues / BBM On Android And Related Issues / How Can I Used BBM On Wifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
thelastmediator: I tried to download it from Google play but got a message that my device is not compatible. my device is SG tab2, 10.1, any hope?
what version of android does ur tab run?
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
princefunmi:

No one asked if you regretted not getting a bb although the fact that you mention it suggests you really did regret not getting one. Hey!, you downloaded it, so whats your fuss. And I'm sure you kept your eyes peeled for when RIM finally decided to launch. 10 million downloads in less than 24 hours and some critter still says RIM didn't do their research well? Common, does whatsapp has that record? NO APP IN THE WORLD HAS THAT RECORD.

Dude, you said it yourself, the blackberry phones are well designed. GREAT admission from a clueless BB critic.
BlackBerry not RIM
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
Mozzy_b: with WhatsApp hider app. u can hide ur last seen. no one will know when u are online and d last time u come online. so with that I still believe WhatsApp remain the best.
for now till when bbm get updated with voice and video calls! In months time. B4 december.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
Kelprince22: I cant install d bbm on my tecno l3 ooooo wat is wrong
BBM cant run on andriod 2.3 ginger bread. Buy a new phone with 4.0 ice scream sandwich.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
docadams: I can't install bbm on my techno phantom A2 and Samsung note 10.1. Please help!
is not downloading, or its nt installing? I want to be clear.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by OCTAVO: 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
runzlord: BBM cant run on andriod 2.3 ginger bread. Buy a new phone with 4.0 ice scream sandwich.
L3 doesn't run on gingerbread, it runs on 4.1.2 jb.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
OCTAVO:
Download your bbm FROM THIS SOURCE
its now avalible on play store.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2013
Tupacx:

With bbm on OS10 you can make free calls, it will only charge your data and not your airtime
it would come with updates to android and ios. By then tge wp vesion would also be avaliable
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2013
Tupacx:

It doesn't run on tabs, only phones.
why?
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
OCTAVO:
L3 doesn't run on gingerbread, it runs on 4.1.2 jb.
okay. Then is it that the app does nt download or it does nt install?
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by bamac(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
For ur info u can restore ur whatsap contacts, recent chats, and block any number u dnt want... U cnt re store recent conversation on bbm na abi i lie?

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by deols(f): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
why would anyone with whatsapp need this bb pin?
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Tgold1(m): 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
can it work on android 2.3
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
ewizard1:

Mr OCTAVO! It seems you dont know what they call iM. You quoted me in a BBM Whatsapp comparison thread. I said the feature of BBM being able to share ANY FILE beats whatsapp.. You mentioned Whatsend! Fine, I have checked the Whatsend... its total POO! The app got just 137 downloads on Playstore. shioor! Both users must have d app to make the sharing work! Na rubbish joor.

Fine, RIM did not plan it well from d scratch! They started it for Business Purposes... Team Boss can connect to thousand of colleagues in just 1click. Its very clear, BBM killed whatsapp and I'm sure Whatsapp team know that.

Guess what, the most unique feature. .. you never lose your PIN! What else.

pls I ask nicely. what do you mean wen you said. . you never lose your pin.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
Lilimax: Heard that the numbers starts with 7. How true? undecided
True.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nonso23:
I use a java phone and will continue to do so till our ISPs get some brain cells and make internet service stable and cheaper. My android is for gaming and movies ATM..., unless i get a wifi signal that is... smiley
Sir, java phones will soon become extinct. It does not take a fortune teller to know that.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 28, 2013
tumababa: if u change ur phone, and sign in fresh to d bbm, u will be given a new pin. it shd not be a big deal because u only give ur pin to new invitees, once u get a new pin, ur old contacts are still there, u just start giving d new pin to new invitees. thatsall.

one thing i like about d bbm is d updates. i don't need to broadcast(cos i hate it too) i just update my status and my contacts get d info. simple.

whatsapp no get status updates. if i block u on whatsapp, u start disturbing me with phone call, very annoying. but an alternative to bbm

This was one of the points I raised. Why should we be changing pins with every new phones?

How about those who have distributed their pins far and wide.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

Where did you get that information from.

The BBM app, only runs on Android OS 4.0 and above. And if my memory serves me correctly the SG tab 2 is on 4.0
So for the life of me I can't figure out why it won't run.

It works on tablet, that I know for sure.
Fellow should just download it from elsewhere other than playstore.

That's what playstore keeps saying if you are using a tablet. At least thats what it said the last time I checked.

For the moment it does not run on any device wider than 7 inches. But with time policy may change.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Charlidinho(m): 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
virtuoso01: With the current euphoria about BBM on Android and Iphone. New users are now in ecstasy and enjoying BBM Live on their devices.

I am also one of them but despite this euphoria a lot of questions have been bugging my mind and I think it is important that I ask them because I dont have answers to them:

(1). I hope that I can keep my BB Pin even if I change my Android phone. This was one of the reasons why I did not have a BB phone because you have to get a new Pin anytime you get a new phone which is like changing your home or office address every six months. I feel your BB Pin should be part of your identity just like your phone numbers and your name.

(2). Now that Android phones and Iphones officially have a kind of Blackberry feature in them I think it is also wise that our Nigerian network providers should also make internet plans on these devices very affordable and pocket friendly. Just like the Blackberry plans. Or what do you think?

(3). What is the future of other mobile IM services like WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber etc. Especially WhatsApp?.

Something tells me that if WhatsApp does not step up its game soon, they could well have an exodus on their hands.

These are my questions for now. Feel free to enlighten me and you may also ask your own questions.

I think Blackberry solved the problem by syncing all your BBM contacts with your log in details so even if you changed your phone, the moment you log in on your new device, your contacts reappear and your new pin is automatically updated on their phones.

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Adaeze003(f): 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
twosquare: More than voice note people ...BBM cannot send videos whereby Whatsapp can.....And voice note is not perfect on BBM...u can only record live before sending (don't know if am wrong ) while on whatsapp u can choose an already recorded voice, even a music and send it 2 d other party.....Whatsapp rocks...BBM still got some catching up to do

Lol... One can send voice notes(pre recorded and otherwise), videos and songs on bbm. How about you all confirm b4 stating? wink
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Dinzelflash(m): 11:48pm On Oct 28, 2013
I personally dont lyk d last seen feature..cus sum1 who is stalking u will always know wen u ar onlyn or wen u left..its more lyk a 2go tin just coded..its just dtt whatsapp kips u onlyn always...n abt d voice on bbm android I personally hv d voice note option so I don't know what u guys ar sayin..I hv both apps buh d last seen feature just sucks 4 more
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Dinzelflash(m): 12:03am On Oct 29, 2013
bamac: For ur info u can restore ur whatsap contacts, recent chats, and block any number u dnt want... U cnt re store recent conversation on bbm na abi i lie?
u cud block a number 4rm chatting alryt,buh u still hv to block d number 4rm callin n texin u tru sms hope u know dtt? al is just waste of energy wen u can simply delete a bb pin n mak sure d pin Neva sends an invite to you anymore..which is more beta?

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by luluosas(m): 12:07am On Oct 29, 2013
runzlord: BBM cant run on andriod 2.3 ginger bread. Buy a new phone with 4.0 ice scream sandwich.
Techno L3 runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Beans
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Localamos(m): 12:16am On Oct 29, 2013
OCTAVO:
The post in bold made me wonder if you have ever used whatsapp before!!
I rest my case cheesy

Moreso, whatsapp has the option for you to block a contact. That is a measure of control in the hands of the user. Personally, I don't see much difference, if any, between the two IMs.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 29, 2013
bamac: For ur info u can restore ur whatsap contacts, recent chats, and block any number u dnt want... U cnt re store recent conversation on bbm na abi i lie?
u can save conversation with bbm so yes, u lied.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 29, 2013
T gold: can it work on android 2.3
no
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 29, 2013
virtuoso01:
Sir, java phones will soon become extinct. It does not take a fortune teller to know that.
there is a diff btw soon and present.

I place a bet that blackberry phone would go on extent b4 java phone.

Nokia wont contuniue to make asha if they are nt selling.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Localamos(m): 12:36am On Oct 29, 2013
Dinzelflash: u cud block a number 4rm chatting alryt,buh u still hv to block d number 4rm callin n texin u tru sms hope u know dtt? al is just waste of energy wen u can simply delete a bb pin n mak sure d pin Neva sends an invite to you anymore..which is more beta?
You are not quite right. You could block a number from chatting you on whatsapp without restricting the number from calling or texting you.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 29, 2013
virtuoso01:
For the moment it does not run on any device wider than 7 inches. But with time policy may change.
u can always slide load apps
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 29, 2013
luluosas:
Techno L3 runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Beans
sum1 already told me
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 29, 2013
Localamos:

Moreso, whatsapp has the option for you to block a contact. That is a measure of control in the hands of the user. Personally, I don't see much difference, if any, between the two IMs.
when bbm get updated with voice and video call, u would see the diffrence
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by coolest01(m): 1:16am On Oct 29, 2013
For crying out loud,bbm has the voice message and has always had...what are yall saying?play with ur bbm jor...all these bbm newbies..tsk

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Anyone Bought The MTN 5G SIM Or Router, Please Share Your Experience. / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Whatsapp Adds New Rules For 'Delete For Everyone' Feature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.