Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,971 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:35 AM

Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? (19719 Views)

Help!! My Sister Wants To Marry An Usher At Olumba Olumba / Annoying Church Poster I Saw Today.(pics) / Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by garripack: 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
i went to church last week and i went to the front row to look for chair to seat down only to finally seat down and seeing the usher coming to my side he told me to stand up and go to the other side i asked him the reason he asked me to move he just kept quiet and demonstrated with his for me to move out of the seat i felt so embarrassed i just quietly stood up and looked at him gosh i felt like breaking his head

i met him after church only for him to tell me that i should learn to obey instructions in the church to receive the blessing from

i got so angry that i had to tell him he should thank God were in church if not i should have done something hasty

what is the most annoying experience you have had with an usher in the church premises

5 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 27, 2013
My friend, you didn't know all this time that a church is merely a charade? Bro, front row seats are reserved, just like at a show.
Save yourself the trouble. Don't go to those places again.

10 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by garripack: 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
sauer: My friend, you didn't know all this time that a church is merely a charade? Bro, front row seats are reserved, just like at a show.
Save yourself the trouble. Don't go to those places again.

lol you mean am guy no be small thing
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Tolexander: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
OP, i had your kind of embarrassing experience from an usher.

I was sitting by a gurl which i've been looking for a confluence with all these while. She doesn't go out on her own at all, i only see her in her dad's car. So i thought her church would make a good confluence.

I went to her church, saw where she was sitting and fortunately, there was a vacant seat beside her. I went to sit with her.

During the sermon, i was creating a familiarity with her and she was responding, then came a protocol officer(usher in some churches), tapped me to stand up and beckoned me to sit in another place far from where i was sitting for sidetalking. I was mad and at the same time felt embarrassed. That is how the parol bursted cos i couldn't see her again until i left that place.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by garripack: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
Tolexander: OP, i had your kind of embarrassing experience from an usher.

I was sitting by a gurl which i've been looking for a confluence with all these while. She doesn't go out on her own at all, i only see her in her dad's car. So i thought her church would make a good confluence.

I went to her church, saw where she was sitting and fortunately, there was a vacant seat beside her. I went to sit with her.

During the sermon, i was creating a familiarity with her and she was responding, then came a protocol officer(usher in some churches), tapped me to stand up and beckoned me to sit in another place far from where i was sitting for sidetalking. I was mad and at the same time felt embarrassed. That is how the parol bursted cos i couldn't see her again until i left that place.

guy abeg i no be like you ooo we didn't have the same experience if i was the usher angry angry angry i for drive you comot for church undecided undecided undecided undecided

20 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nomski0(f): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
I sat down in the church during harvest, only for some really annoying usher to order me to stand up because that was a reserved seat. So i was supposed to sit somewhere else- far from the altar- just because someone who might still be eating at home and strolling to church should sit there while i, who woke up super early and skipped breakfast just to find a comfortable seat should stand up.
undecided
Even the priest could not make me stand not to talk of the rude usher. Everyone is equal before God and no one has a special seat.tongue

19 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by garripack: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nomski0: I sat down in the church during harvest, only for some really annoying usher to order me to stand up because that was a reserved seat. So i was supposed to sit somewhere else- far from the altar- just because someone who might still be eating at home and strolling to church should sit there while i, who woke up super early and skipped breakfast just to find a comfortable seat should stand up.
undecided
Even the priest could not make me stand not to talk of the rude usher. Everyone is equal before God and no one has a special seat.tongue

that is becoming very obvious in churches this days

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
OP you should have beaten the usher up and told him to convert to Traditional Religion.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by dopeJemi: 6:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
taking me to the first row angry

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Davo93(m): 6:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mine was not really annoying but i blamed myself for going against my will to honour that invite.

It was in a village where i went for an educational programme. So i was invited to this vigil, i was reluctant about the invitation at first but later got persuaded by my mates to attend it.

When I got there, right inside the church, i saw ladies(majority of us there were students) dancing crazily inside the church. I was even scared if nothing was wrong with them. It was later i was told those are all forms of dancing to the trending secular musics. Right inside the church? I was surprised because i was not used to that.

I tapped an usher and alerted him to confirm if those ladies were alright and if i was safe. Guess what the usher replied me with??
He answered "the holy spirit is the one working" Tus.h!! I was like, shey na how your own holy spirit dey take work be this?? Since then, i never stepped my foot into that place throughout my stay for the programme.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Ruq: 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
She didn't give me her number
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by omonaijar: 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nomski0: I sat down in the church during harvest, only for some really annoying usher to order me to stand up because that was a reserved seat. So i was supposed to sit somewhere else- far from the altar- just because someone who might still be eating at home and strolling to church should sit there while i, who woke up super early and skipped breakfast just to find a comfortable seat should stand up.
undecided

Some things in our culture are utter nonsense. Even the bible agrees.

James 2:2 - My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. 2 Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

14 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Rejoice5000(f): 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Usher's don't annoy anyone am an usher cos members look up to them u will first see them b4 u know how the members of a particular church behaves.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
jammyunn: we reserve the back for nursing mothers but some members will stubbornly sit there.
y would women even brẹast feed in church? Datz insanẹ. Exposing their b0obs in church. They shuld go awtsyd

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
usher can be annoying at times but i don't get worried cos i know they are working for God.as for me i no get problem with dem cos i dey security unit & we dey bypass dem.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
there are two rows in my church. i sat on one of the rows and an usher came to tell me the row I sat on was for the males. she said the other row was for the females and she asked me to go sit there. mass had already started at that time. i formed deaf and dumb until after the mass.... wtf! y would the house of God be divided because of gender
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by passionate88: 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
Hahahahahah
Him for break ur head

garripack:

guy abeg i no be like you ooo we didn't have the same experience if i was the usher angry angry angry i for drive you comot for church undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
Marthakings: An usher told me not to put the 5 naira note I had with me in the offering box

Thats sad.

As a Pagan, I dont have to pay a dime to anyone.

I pity you fellows.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Swegzfreak: 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
Me no. Raye shit if any usher try am ehn? I go smoke am like cannabis
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by jammyunn(m): 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
ushers could be annoying at times but the worshippers dont help matters. i'm a usher in my church and there's a sitting arrangement. mine is a small auditorium so we reserve the back for nursing mothers but some members will stubbornly sit there. most members think that because of the way ushers dress and work in church that they're poor and low class.

6 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Tytto(f): 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ushers do embarass because people finds it hard to take to instructions! I'm an usher and often times I encounter people that just come into the church and ends up scattering the seating arrangement. Each time I politely walk up to them and try talking them into taking another seat, they flare up and take it as an embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Smartiegurl(f): 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
Lolzzz, never had a beef with any..
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
He refused to give me a bulletin cus i didnt sit where he wanted me to... I almost told him to shove it down his throat

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Owobobrown(m): 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
I hate it when they keep waking people up during nite Virgil, it's so annoying

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
Saw plenty obviously vacant seats, but he directed me elsewhere. I just hissed loudly and went back home. Never been there since.

5 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Fynestboi: 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
None coz my seat na choir seat usher cnt pass deir boundary cum my place... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
lol i remember that annoying moment when i wanted to sleep in a night vigil and one funny looking usher kept tapping me and telling me to stay awake anytime i was close to dreamland.... Mtchew i felt like punching him in his face cheesy

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Fynestboi: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
Owobo brown: I hate it when they keep waking people up during nite Virgil, it's so annoying
shoii Wetin u cum do for vigilundecided to dey sleep Beta sleep for your house to avoid embarassment undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adeboye Donates N10m To University Of Ibadan / Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. / Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.