Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Severe Morning Sickness In Early Pregnancy. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Severe Morning Sickness In Early Pregnancy. (2795 Views)

Early Pregnancy And Pepper Soup / Urine Therapy - Perfect Cure for all Sickness / Blood Stain In Early Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Severe Morning Sickness In Early Pregnancy. by akejujoe(f): 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
Hello all.I'm about eight weeks pregnant and my life has been a living hell in the past two week. The nausea and vomitting is so serious that I ve not been able to go to work. My doctor seems to have run out of idea on what to do about it. Please I nid advise on how to survive this condition cos I ve lost so much weight
Re: Severe Morning Sickness In Early Pregnancy. by Pink22(f): 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
If you know that there is a trigger for the nausea, such as the smell of fried food, avoid that. No trips through a drive-through window. Other triggers can be stuffy rooms, perfume and heat. Brushing your teeth can bring it on. Sometimes the iron in your supplements can cause gastric irritation. You could stop your prenatal and take a standard multivitamin or just take your folic acid supplements until after you are feeling better. Eat before or as soon as you feel hungry. An empty stomach can aggravate nausea. Eat frequent high-carbohydrate, low-fat meals. Powdered ginger (1 to 1.5 grams in divided doses over 24 hours) has a positive effect. Some women find lemon-drop candies help.
If your nausea and vomiting are unstoppable, let your health provider know. There is a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum (too much vomiting while pregnant — have to love the fancy name) that can be serious. If you have persistent vomiting and have weight loss exceeding 5 percent of your pre-pregnancy weight, you could fall in this group. Seek help immediately.
Congrats anyways happy bumping
Re: Severe Morning Sickness In Early Pregnancy. by akejujoe(f): 1:41am On Oct 28, 2013
Thanks so much for ur advice Pink22,I ll follow it and I pray it ll wrk for me
Re: Severe Morning Sickness In Early Pregnancy. by Gigihealth: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nausea and vomiting are very common symptoms that present in different types of medical conditions. They can also be caused by several conditions. Most often, nausea and vomiting are due to viral gastroenteritis or the morning sickness of early pregnancy. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/nausea-and-vomiting-causes-of-nausea-and-vomiting/

(1) (Reply)

How To Treat Your Cardiovascular Diseases Naturally / High Prolactin Levels Can Cause Impotence Inability To Hav An Erection During Se / Corona Virus: See What Nigerians Have Turned Our Currency Into [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.