Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:37 AM

Is This A Scam Or True Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This A Scam Or True Love? (2134 Views)

The Debate - Macho Sex Or True Intimacy? / Shocking Couple: Is This True Love Or True African Jazz ??? { Must See) / Differences Between True Love And Fake Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Scam Or True Love? by arinolaisinlove(f): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
I will try to make this short as possible. So, I was dating a guy and I have an online business and he re-posted some of my products on his page, trying to promote and this is how my current mate found me, and we were in a facebook group together previously before. So he inboxes me one day, and says, that he has access to African clothing that I could sell on my site. I say okay, I like the stuff and then he says we should get to know each other first before we engage in business together. He tells me about himself and then we get into how Africans on the continent didn't sell us out to the slave trade ect..We have been having deep convos since then, we have been skyping... we talk about Yoruba spirituality and we are both radical people, and he has no interest in coming to america, he is a proud Yoruba man and loves his country. He wants me to visit and we have talked about kids and marriage already. He just told me his feelings and been open about what he wanted, and his intentions, but I want to make sure they are geniuen and he do sent have hidden motives, im in my feelings and I need some help on this matter from neutral parties. I have looked at this mans natal chart, ask psychics and it all gives him the clear. I just want to be truly sure. We are both early twenties, same views and unlike some African American woman I dnt see myself different from the African cultures, I am African as well and want to connect back to my bloodline and he said he would assist me with that. He is always promoting Nigeria and trying to give it a positive light since it and all of Africa always is seen negatively. I do not believe it is a scam but maybe he is just really clever lol, but i really hate to look at my Abeo in this way, he is so sweet, and protective of me. He is the one to give me the name Arinola! So thoughts on this please! Thanks
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Subom1(f): 7:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
Run for your life. You meet a stranger you do not know about and want to do business with. Then he says first wants to get to know you and you have already discussed marriage? Have you discussed any business since? Hmmm pls do not become another statistic. Dnt say I did not warn you.
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by rattlesnake(m): 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
I am African as well and want to connect back to my bloodline
hmmmm...omode better stop dis before ur bloodline becomes ezenwata///mo sorry...please let us see his facebook account and we will help u investigate...DIS IS BIGGER THAN U now
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by 190theclown: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
wait wait wait

what exactly is going on here
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Subom1(f): 7:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
190-the-clown:
wait wait wait

what exactly is going on here
something your peanut brain can't comprehend..

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Enegod(m): 7:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
screen-shot the convo b/w you and him and post it here...that gonna help us solve the matter correctly... thanks!
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Lovetinz(m): 7:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
Get to know his relations before the locking, you might need them to step in if things get strained.
The pseudo-religious people I know all believe they are the perfect lovers.
Unfortunately, I think they have an almost unrealizable and elevated concept of what a partner should be.
From my little experience and hearsay, the only thing bigger than a spiritual's passion is his fury.
I wont ask psychics on who to connect with.
I think your inner tells you that this is Him.
Mine says so too.
Sister go ahead.

"And Do What You Will be the challenge,
So be it Love that harms none,
For this is the only commandment.
By Magic of old, be it done!"
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Gboliwe: 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
arinolaisinlove: I will try to make this short as possible. So, I was dating a guy and I have an online business and he re-posted some of my products on his page, trying to promote and this is how my current mate found me, and we were in a facebook group together previously before. So he inboxes me one day, and says, that he has access to African clothing that I could sell on my site. I say okay, I like the stuff and then he says we should get to know each other first before we engage in business together. He tells me about himself and then we get into how Africans on the continent didn't sell us out to the slave trade ect..We have been having deep convos since then, we have been skyping... we talk about Yoruba spirituality and we are both radical people, and he has no interest in coming to america, he is a proud Yoruba man and loves his country. He wants me to visit and we have talked about kids and marriage already. He just told me his feelings and been open about what he wanted, and his intentions, but I want to make sure they are geniuen and he do sent have hidden motives, im in my feelings and I need some help on this matter from neutral parties. I have looked at this mans natal chart, ask psychics and it all gives him the clear. I just want to be truly sure. We are both early twenties, same views and unlike some African American woman I dnt see myself different from the African cultures, I am African as well and want to connect back to my bloodline and he said he would assist me with that. He is always promoting Nigeria and trying to give it a positive light since it and all of Africa always is seen negatively. I do not believe it is a scam but maybe he is just really clever lol, but i really hate to look at my Abeo in this way, he is so sweet, and protective of me. He is the one to give me the name Arinola! So thoughts on this please! Thanks
Run run run, infact, run faster than TerryG. (Hoping you've heard of TerryG).

The point where I started disbelieving him was when he said he was in his 20s, living and doing business in Nigeria yet doesn't want to travel out even for a visit. Na lie!

Your man said he wants you to 'collabo' with him but first he wants to get to know you, and by that, you mean discussing marriage? Thats is Wunmi Allen's trademark. (From business, they enter pleasure then trouble)

this same format of playing innocent, not interested in travelling out and pretending to love seems to be the latest scam format as even some seemingly smarts girls are falling for it already here in Nairaland!

God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Subom1(f): 8:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
Gboliwe:

The point where I started disbelieving him was when he said he was in his 20s, living and doing business in Nigeria yet doesn't want to travel out even for a visit. Na lie!

Your man said he wants you to 'collabo' with him but first he wants to get to know you, and by that, you mean discussing marriage? Thats is Wunmi Allen's trademark. (From business, they enter pleasure then trouble)

this same format of playing innocent, not interested in travelling out and pretending to love seems to be the latest scam format as even some seemingly smarts girls are falling for it already here in Nairaland!

God help us all.
Gbam!!
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Subom1(f): 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
190-the-clown:

LOL try harder - come on you can do it undecided
You have been following me from topic to topic. I see I finally gave you the attention you were craving. Now bounce and only come back when you are ready to do the job I have for you. Kolomental

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ruuuuuuuuuuun!!

In Africa, we call guys like dat Professional fraudsters.Who mixes business with pleasure? Fraudsters!!!!! He's a well calculated conman.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
Op! Thank ur stars u brought this to lime light when its still @ its craddle n very much salvageable! Most NLnderrs dat wrote above have told yu all there is to know.
Pls stay clear 4rrm dat dubious boi, plsss , its 4 ur own safety.m.. Elsr U'll definitely regret it. . Its his type dat drag d reputation of my beloved base to the moud! God help us!!
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by arinolaisinlove(f): 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
rattlesnake: hmmmm...omode better stop dis before ur bloodline becomes ezenwata///mo sorry...please let us see his facebook account and we will help u investigate...DIS IS BIGGER THAN U now

ok, let me see if i can
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Gboliwe: 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
arinolaisinlove:

ok, let me see if i can
you don't have to! Infact, Don't do it. It isnt relevant. That is a breach.
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by arinolaisinlove(f): 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
Gboliwe:

God help us all.

no actually he said he would come to america with me, because i have obligations here still. i have no money for him to take lol. he told me how the african men provides for his family, and that is what his father taught him. i am very confused with this and he is college for computer science he says part time and works full time.
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by arinolaisinlove(f): 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
rattlesnake: hmmmm...omode better stop dis before ur bloodline becomes ezenwata///mo sorry...please let us see his facebook account and we will help u investigate...DIS IS BIGGER THAN U now
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
arinolaisinlove:
i dnt know how to screen shot.
Take d link off!!!

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Subom1(f): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
we have given you advice but it §eems you have made up your mind. Enjoy it while it last. Get married and give him the american dream aka citenzenship then when the shit hits the fan remember this thread. There is no need to be desperate for someone who is in another country. Dnt let smooth talking get you in a mess.
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Subom1(f): 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
Pls remove the link. Everyone is entitled to their privacy. I doubt u"d like it to be done to you.
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by arinolaisinlove(f): 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
Enegod: screen-shot the convo b/w you and him and post it here...that gonna help us solve the matter correctly... thanks!

here is some of it

Anna Arinola Thompson
oh ok
Olabode Abbey
10/24, 2:53pm
Olabode Abbey
They are government run schools
So they are free
Anna Arinola Thompson
10/24, 2:54pm
Anna Arinola Thompson
do yall have a british government
Olabode Abbey
10/24, 2:55pm
Olabode Abbey
Nigerian is an African country so everything is run by Nigerian not the british
Anna Arinola Thompson
10/24, 2:55pm
Anna Arinola Thompson
excellent
Olabode Abbey
10/24, 2:56pm
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Acidosis(m): 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
Acidosis have 7 mutual friends with your diabolic american-dreamer boy-lover...

I checked the mutual friends and I discovered something..

I'd love to tell you my findings, but first, I need to partake of the American cake you wanna share... grin grin grin

Gimme 'citizenship', & I'll gladly send to you a 7paged epistle about your loff.. cheesy grin
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by arinolaisinlove(f): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
Lovetinz: Get to know his relations before the locking, you might need them to step in if things get strained.
The pseudo-religious people I know all believe they are the perfect lovers.
Unfortunately, I think they have an almost unrealizable and elevated concept of what a partner should be.
From my little experience and hearsay, the only thing bigger than a spiritual's passion is his fury.
I wont ask psychics on who to connect with.
I think your inner tells you that this is Him.
Mine says so too.
Sister go ahead.

"And Do What You Will be the challenge,

So be it Love that harms none,

For this is the only commandment.
By Magic of old, be it done!"

so, you saying, he is ok then?
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Acidosis(m): 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
arinolaisinlove:

so, you saying, he is ok then?

Yes he is okay... go ahead..

and now that you've heard what you want to hear.. are you happy?

grin
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Subom1(f): 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
Acidosis:

Yes he is okay... go ahead..

and now that you've heard what you want to hear.. are you happy?

grin
Dnt mind her. As the saying goes "experience is the best teacher". Op go right ahead. He is a fantastic guy and I know he will really do fantastic things to you.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by arinolaisinlove(f): 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
Subom1: Dnt mind her. As the saying goes "experience is the best teacher". Op go right ahead. He is a fantastic guy and I know he will really do fantastic things to you.

ok, when its to good to be true probably is. hm, he is very clever. Well thank you all for the help..
Re: Is This A Scam Or True Love? by Gboliwe: 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
arinolaisinlove:

ok, when its to good to be true probably is. hm, he is very clever. Well thank you all for the help..
the fact that there is a small tiny doubt in you, a doubt that made you seek out other people's opinion is enough red flag,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should He Go On With The Wedding??? / Yoruba Guy In A Relationship With An Igbo Girl Needs Help / Exposed: Why Married Men Eat Out. (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.