Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? (20268 Views)

Msc. Accounting Of University Of Ibadan / Which Is Preferable; Msc Finance Or Msc Accounting? / 2012/2013 Msc Accounting/finance In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? by MyVicky: 1:35am On Oct 28, 2013
Hi Nairalanders, I have a friend with an HND degree and he wants to study Msc or MBA in the USA or Canada. Please, do you know of schools in the USA or canada where one can do graduate program with HND? Your kind input and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? by travelxpat(m): 3:59am On Oct 28, 2013
Try virginia international university(www.viu.edu)
Re: With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? by MyVicky: 6:04am On Oct 28, 2013
travelxpat: Try virginia international university(www.viu.edu)

Thank you so much.
Re: With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? by MyVicky: 3:51am On Oct 29, 2013
My Vicky:

Thank you so much.
Re: With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? by MyVicky: 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
travelxpat: Try virginia international university(www.viu.edu)

1 Like

Re: With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? by travelxpat(m): 7:30am On Nov 01, 2013
Here are other universities..www.uhv.edu (university of houston victoria)and www.tamuk.edu(university of texas a and m kingsville).these two universities will accept your friend's hnd , he has to explain to them that hnd is equivalent to having a bsc in Nigeria.they don't have problem with that..but he will definately need toefl and gmat or gre..
Good luck to him
Re: With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? by MyVicky: 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
travelxpat: Here are other universities..www.uhv.edu (university of houston victoria)and www.tamuk.edu(university of texas a and m kingsville).these two universities will accept your friend's hnd , he has to explain to them that hnd is equivalent to having a bsc in Nigeria.they don't have problem with that..but he will definately need toefl and gmat or gre..
Good luck to him

Thanks a lot. You have been of great help.

1 Like

Re: With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? by Kirusky4life(f): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
pls Is Virginia University still able to take on hnd holders for masters program?
Re: With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? by travelxpat(m): 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kirusky4life:
pls Is Virginia University still able to take on hnd holders for masters program?

yes and am sure as long as you have second class upper, more so try stratford university , ensure you take your exams like GRE to boost your pointers...
Re: With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? by Femiry(m): 9:27am On Dec 26, 2016
travelxpat:
Here are other universities..www.uhv.edu (university of houston victoria)and www.tamuk.edu(university of texas a and m kingsville).these two universities will accept your friend's hnd , he has to explain to them that hnd is equivalent to having a bsc in Nigeria.they don't have problem with that..but he will definately need toefl and gmat or gre..
Good luck to him

I don't think the TAMUK one will work cos I've tried it and they said I need an actual BSc. I have an HND and have been told I need to do 2 years to get the BSc before applying for MSc.

Is there a special way of going about it?

(1) (Reply)

"Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word / Adekunle Ajasin University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.