Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians (978 Views)

That Moment When Ghanaians Are Wishing Buhari Was Their President / Navy Arrests Boat With 400 Truckload Of Stolen Crude Oil / Ghanaians Comments On Buhari Planned Visit To Their Country. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by boron10(m): 4:58am On Oct 28, 2013
YENAGOA — The Central Naval Command, yesterday, announced the seizure of an oil vessel, MT Frankesen, and arrest of 12 persons over alleged theft of crude oil along the Akassa waterways in Brass Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.

Three of the suspects were identified as Ghanaians, while the others were Nigerians. The seized vessel, according to the Navy, is owned by a Port Harcourt-based businessman.

Parading the suspects before newsmen in Brass on Saturday, the Flag Officer Commanding, FOC, Central Naval Command, Rear Admiral Sidi-Ali Usman, said though the vessel’s movement log showed evidences of previous voyages to Ghana, the arrest of the vessel and the crew was carried out by Naval operatives attached to the Forward Operating Base of the Navy, FORMOSO.

He said: “The vessel was loaded with products suspected to be stolen crude oil from Akassa in Brass Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.

“The crew of the vessel consists of nine Nigerians and three Ghanaians. “On interrogation, the Captain, Adeyemi Akinleye, confessed on video that they were instructed by the owner of the vessel (names withheld), residing in Port Harcourt, to load stolen crude oil from two barges around Akassa and proceed to Tema in Ghana, where the product would be disposed off.

“The captain revealed that a local pilot was used to navigate the vessel into Nun River, while one Mr. Destiny was the agent that supplied the product.”

source: www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/crude-theft-navy-arrests-3-ghanaians-9-nigerians/
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by Danhumprey: 5:24am On Oct 28, 2013
Is this news intended to bash Ghanians?

1 Like

Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by lonelydora: 5:28am On Oct 28, 2013
Good job navy
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by boron10(m): 5:35am On Oct 28, 2013
Danhumprey: Is this news intended to bash Ghanians?
No, it is intended to pass message to the public. Afterall majority of those arrested are Nigerians.
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by biafranqueen: 5:36am On Oct 28, 2013
So what happened to the kidnapped captain and engineer I thought this is part of the story
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by boron10(m): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
What happened to nairaland
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by Tolexander: 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2013
boron10: What happened to nairaland
for like 8hours, couldn't open the site.
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by Brimmie(m): 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
At Last!! sad

At Last!! I Thought I Wasnt A Nairaland Addict.. sad

But Since Morning.. 7am I Guess, I've Been Reloading The Site.. Gettin All Sorts Of Error! Frm Error 402 to Error 419.. I Changed IP Twice, Jus Incase Maybe They (OGAS At The Top) Denied Us Access To Nairaland.

Nna, I Love Nairaland Nor Be Small! undecided undecided Walahi!!

Back To The Matter.. Stella Must Go, Stella Must Stay!! cheesy cheesy

**Fufu.. Ofe Ogbono Na Kunu Juru Oyi**
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by iebanehita(m): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
Tolexander: for like 8hours, couldn't open the site.

I thought I was the only one.
Dunno what Seun and his programmers are up to.

@boron10.. Your post has an hidden intention.
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by boron10(m): 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
iebanehita:
@boron10.. Your post has an hidden intention.
angry angry angry angry
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by collynzo2(m): 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2013
The Nigerians should be jailed, the Ghanaians executed.
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by ifyalways(f): 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
collynzo2: The Nigerians should be jailed, the Ghanaians executed.

. . . So says the "trumu trumu" boy cheesy

@Topic, why are they shielding the big oga? Who sent them? S/he should be arrested and not just the foot soldiers who MIGHT have not known they were sent on an illegal mission.
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2013
they should be punished imagine dem come steal oil for my local govt.
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
It's only a matter of time before tweeps start tweetfighting.
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by iebanehita(m): 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2013
boron10:
angry angry angry angry

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by achimotan(m): 10:59am On Oct 30, 2013
collynzo2: The Nigerians should be jailed, the Ghanaians executed.

you never disappoint smiley

1 Like

Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by IloveGH: 11:45am On Oct 30, 2013
This topic surely has a hidden agenda cool

The OP definitely had the Nairaland bigots in mind when he decided to post it grin... one of them has already arrived with his usual hatred comments grin soon his cohorts will join cheesy

I'm surprised this is not on front page YET shocked shocked shocked
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by IloveGH: 11:50am On Oct 30, 2013
ifyalways:
. . . So says the "trumu trumu" boy cheesy

ROTFLMFAO!!!

OMG, my belle dey hurt from laughter grin grin grin
Re: Crude Theft: Navy Arrests 3 Ghanaians, 9 Nigerians by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
shocked shocked :shocked:ooshocked So Ghanaians can thieffff!!! chai!

(1) (Reply)

Is The President The Greatest Loser In The Anambra Election? / Arms And Ammo Recovered From Associates Of Senator Sekibo And Evans Bipi / Ow Pandemonium And Bloodshed! As PDP Thugs Attack APC Members In Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.