Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? (8940 Views)

'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam / Permissible Excuses For Breaking The Fast / How To Check Solat Time Without Watch Or Any Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by Kassidy90(m): 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
Assalam alaekum my brother n sisters in Islam, sometimes when am praying I easily loose concentrations except when I close my eyes, but i don't know if it is allow in Islam, so I need the help of the scholars in the house. ma salam

4 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by lanrexlan(m): 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2013
Walaikum Salam brother.According to Imam Ibn Qayyim,he said:Shutting the eyes during the prayers was not among the manners of the Prophet(pbuh)[No basis in the authentic hadiths].
It is known that he used to look at his index finger while sitting for Tashhud and his sight did not pass over its gesture.
In the state of standing during the prayer a Muslim is asked to look at the place of prostration.This is the best act which helps one to be humble and be concentrated in the prayer which is the manner of the prophet(pbuh)..But if opening one's eyes disturb him in his prayer and prevent him from being humble then it is permissible for him to shut his eyes.
Ibn al-Qayyim further said:The correct position is:If keeping one's eyes open does not affect one's attention,then it is preferred to keep them open;however,if there is something in front of the person,such as some ornament or decoration,which could affect his attention,then it is in no way,disliked to close his eyes.
In fact,under such circumstances,to say it is preferred to close one's eyes is more consistent with the principles and goals of the shar'iah than to say that it is disliked[Fiqh-us-Sunnah,Volume 2:Page 92a]

But making it an habit isn't permissible in any manner,only for a beginner to gain concentration and therefore stop it after you can control yourself and concentrate in solat,the best is follow the ways of prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and Allah knows best.This should help you on how to gain concentration in solat.
Download this
http://kalamullah.com/Books/en_Khushoo.pdf
And read this
www.nairaland.com/1215855/tips-how-concentrate-during-salat

22 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by Kassidy90(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
Thank u, I will put in more effort, the book is very helpful

2 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by lanrexlan(m): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
Kassidy90: Thank u, I will put in more effort
May Allah(swt) in his mercy make it easy for you bro.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by neeyhmutate(m): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2013
No it is not permissible. Most preferred is for you looking to the ground where you going to place your forehead on the floor.

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by Sissie(f): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2013
I actually read somewhere, that it is permitted if the person have problem concentrating during salat.
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by ummsulaym(f): 10:36am On Oct 31, 2013
for my sake, I hope it's permitted for as long as one wishes to because I am always thinking(I can't help this) and what I resort to whenever the wispering of shaytaan is taking over is shut my eyes and open my heart to HIM... That's what works for me
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by lanrexlan(m): 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
neeyhmutate: No it is not permissible. Most preferred is for you looking to the ground where you going to place your forehead on the floor.
Did you read my post?
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by babylolaroy(f): 7:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
lanrexlan: Did you read my post?
lol. you have ds polite way of dropping your polite speeches wic sound like....is ds one okay??
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by BetaThings: 11:51am On Nov 03, 2013
Sissie: I actually read somewhere, that it is permitted if the person have problem concentrating during salat.
That is from Islam-qa
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by neeyhmutate(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
ummsulaym: for my sake, I hope it's permitted for as long as one wishes to because I am always thinking(I can't help this) and what I resort to whenever the wispering of shaytaan is taking over is shut my eyes and open my heart to HIM... That's what works for me

Hmmmmm....try and put your mind off thinking b4 solat and personally i will advice u dont stay much longer on solat since u cant concentrate much. wheneva the whistpering of shytan comes, say "ahuzubilah mina shaytani rojeem", make sure u r not heedless on solat despite....but dont always shut ur eyes on solat. may Allah assist us all #Amin
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by ummsulaym(f): 5:38am On Nov 04, 2013
neeyhmutate:

Hmmmmm....try and put your mind off thinking b4 solat and personally i will advice u dont stay much longer on solat since u cant concentrate much. wheneva the whistpering of shytan comes, say "ahuzubilah mina shaytani rojeem", make sure u r not heedless on solat despite....but dont always shut ur eyes on solat. may Allah assist us all #Amin

Ameen... From the first day I posed comment on this thread, I've been working on it and Alhahmdulilah, it's not as difficult as I tot. I could still imagine HIS presence with my eyes open, never knew that cuz I didn't borther trying... All the same, thanks bro... This thread has set something right and I wish one could be creating educative threads like this(not argumentative threads.Lol)

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by babylolaroy(f): 6:15am On Nov 04, 2013
one more thing i wann chip in....full concentration on wudhu breeds full concentration on salat. During the ablution, try not to engage in gists and giving it your all attention. it prepares the mind to bring dat attention into salat.
normally ablution is a routine nd we do it subconsciously. we already know all d parts..Now come out of dat routine, do it consciously, wipe all parts consciously with a part of you thinking of how pleased Allah must be with you for making dah wudhu
lastly make wudhu always, as much a possible without salat in view. That keeps satan away from you so much dat even during salat, you can have your concentration back

salam

7 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by neeyhmutate(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2013
babylolaroy:
lol. you have ds polite way of dropping your polite speeches wic sound like....is ds one okay??

smh
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by babylolaroy(f): 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
neeyhmutate:

smh
that in full mean shaking my head...why is that my portion from you. what did i do to you to deserve head shake
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by neeyhmutate(m): 9:38am On Nov 06, 2013
babylolaroy:
that in full mean shaking my head...why is that my portion from you. what did i do to you to deserve head shake

sorry Sis!....but dis statement "is ds one okay" really deserves a smh
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by babylolaroy(f): 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
first i wasnt talking to you
second it wasnt an insult
third it was a joke nd i sed it to mean dat d way lanrexlan talks always sounds like he wants to ask if someone was okay
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by IAMBREEZY: 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
I dunno.
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by idimuller: 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
It is not allowed in Islam to close eyes when performing Salat. It is instructed to face your eyes down to the position of the sujud. Thank you.
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
My brothers and sisters when it comes to talking about the deen please lets be serious. In case you forgot non muslims are reading what we are writing . This is a fertile ground for daw'ah. IF YOU KNOW YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO CONTRIBUTE. PLS RESTRAIN YOUR FINGERS

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by dridowu: 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
May Allah Make it easy for Us ********amin***********
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by Willgates(m): 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
What's solat?
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by willyray(m): 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
Willgates: What's solat?

grin grin

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
packman: [size=20pt]WHY ALL THIS ISLAM ABRAKATABRATA MAKING FRONT PAGE NAW

PLEASE SEND IT TO THEIR SECTION DONT WANT TO COMMIT A SIN [/size]

i still stand by the fact that we muslims are the most tolerant people in the world. RELIGOUS BIGOT

2 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by Kassidy90(m): 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
packman: [size=20pt]WHY ALL THIS ISLAM ABRAKATABRATA MAKING FRONT PAGE NAW

PLEASE SEND IT TO THEIR SECTION DONT WANT TO COMMIT A SIN [/size]
must u open the thread?

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? by Lilimax(f): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
packman: WHY ALL THIS ISLAM ABRAKATABRATA MAKING FRONT PAGE NAW

Aunty Mukina2 is everywhere.
Kudos to her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Foods That Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad Liked & Their Benefits / Al Bukhari: The Master in the Science Of Prophetic Narrations / Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.