Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,399 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:48 PM

PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum (10063 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Refuses To Strike In Borno (pictured) / Biafra: Ex-militants Give FG 31-day Ultimatum To Release Kanu / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
Over 2,000 workers of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) on Monday 28th October, embarked on protest over the delay in payment of severance benefits to about 55 per cent of the workforce.

The workers, under the aegis of the National
Union of Electrical Employees (NUEE), staged the protest at the Eko and Ikeja Electricity Distribution Companies and threatened to
commence indefinite strike on November 1.

The reports reaching the union is that majority of banks cannot give financial backing to the schedule sent to them by the Federal Government.

“This means that government does not have money
’’, Mr Adeleke Ibrahim, the Chairman of Lagos Chapter of NUEE, who led the protest, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

The union official said that if the workers’
entitlements were not paid by the end of October, the entire workforce of PHCN in all the 36 states would embark on indefinite strike.
Ibrahim said that the union was not against
privatisation of the company, “but government should pay all workers’ entitlements before the new owners will commence operation’’.

He appealed to government to ensure that all the agreements it signed with the workers were met to avert the strike. Ibrahim said that some of the issues in contention included non-payment of
retirement savings to pension fund administrators and non-remittance of dues of two per cent deducted from workers’ salaries to the unions.

Others are non-payment of benefits of retirees who disengaged in 2011 and non- regularisation of service of some casual workers.

NAN reports that the workers, who carried
placards with different inscriptions, locked the gates to the two offices and prevented people from entering the premises. (NAN)

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/28/phcn-workers-threaten-to-down-tools-give-fg-4-day-ultimatum/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/phcn-workers-threaten-fresh-strike-give-fg-4-day-ultimatum/
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by freezy(m): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
Again?
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by ObiOkpor(m): 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
Story!We are used to strike nw,e no de fear us again.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
Obi Okpor: Story!We are used to strike nw,e no de fear us again.

I think that shouldn't be the point but the fact that our (this) government seems fond of not honouring agreements just like it did with ASUU and that makes it a pity. You could be any of them you know.

And BTW the same government has money to assist other countries and to sponsor itself on pilgrimage but no money to pay staff? That is unfair. sad

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Fynestboi: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
Them use strike do nigeRIA NI *Feedup*
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
One day the whole of Nigeria will go on strike.........Thnks to ASUU for the kickstart....
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by skyscraperTM(m): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2013
Abeg make dem no strike o, nigerian police should go on strike instead.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Justeenaleo(f): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2013
Na now all of dem remember to strike, all is well..."..soon now students will go on strike ..I wonder wat wil b the reason

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by delvinmaya(m): 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
for me, i dont feel any sympathy 2wards dem, also for ova 3 decades, they have been receiving free curses from the whole populace, did they tink d curses wont throw sum troubles their way?

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by skyscraperTM(m): 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
Since every john, dicck and harry just dey go on strike e be like say me too go soon go on strike.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Inyanga(m): 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
ASUU STRIKE
NUT STRIKE
PHCN STRIKE
NLC STRIKE
Wetin dey happen for we country

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by akintun: 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
An official of PHCN just told me dat some of his bosses have collected about 30million naira, while majority of d workers have received nothing.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by wheesin(m): 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
wat happened to this site 2 hours ago...abi seun no pay ni?

undecided strike? for what now...we havent had light for 4 days now and dats more dan a strike to me....smh....broke azz....well my generator is loaded with fuel...while they strike...my tiger generator will cover me.....

ese....pls can i post my andy bbm pin? 7c******
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by nerodenero: 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Since every john, dicck and harry just dey go on strike e be like say me too go soon go on strike.
Does it matter to anybody?
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Emmysteve(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2013
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by costandi(m): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
If they go on strike, I won't even notice.

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by nerodenero: 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
If Nigeria was a person,he would have died long time ago.If he is still living,then he must have been an extra-ordinary being.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Iceman296: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
..Aren't these People Not Tired of Striking? Every Little Grievances Strike. C'mon There are Better ways Of Stating Your Probs Instead of Shutting the Country Down.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by nerodenero: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
wheesin: 7
Childish
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by nerodenero: 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
akintun: An official of PHCN just told me dat some of his bosses have collected about 30million naira, while majority of d workers have received nothing.
I'm not surprised.Such things happen frequenty.It is no news at all.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Hardheolar(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
its only in NIGERIA you will c diff union going on strike. And to PHCN workers, if dey like let dem go. Afterall we no dey get light b4
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by sylve11: 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
This country ehn! sad cool
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
akintun: An official of PHCN just told me dat some of his bosses have collected about 30million naira, while majority of d workers have received nothing.

How true is this info? And why ?
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by searay(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
1st Mumu to tnemmoc
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbravo58(m): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2013
Una no yet see anything at all...

LIST OF UPCOMING STRIKE

GARRI strike
RICE strike
MARKET WOMEN strike due to allowancees and agreement
MALLAM strike due to lack of finances 4rm FG
POLICE, SOLDIER, NAVY, AIR~FORCE, MOPOL etc Strike due to not recieving part of the money embezzeld by the FG
.... Add urz o!!!

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by eluquenson(m): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2013
PHCN are all crazy people undecided , let them share the crazy bills they issue to consumers tongue
That bills should serve as their entitlement
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 6:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
nerodenero: If Nigeria was a person,he would have died long time ago.If he is still living,then he must have been an extra-ordinary being.

You are very correct my broda and I think if Nigeria was human then he may soon die sad if not given the required drugs soon.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by phillippiano(m): 6:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
Who cares?
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by skyscraperTM(m): 6:40pm On Oct 28, 2013
nerodenero: Does it matter to anybody?
ask google
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by satowind(m): 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
E go bad oh.
Just tanking god 4 first page
E go bad oh.
E go bad oh.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by anytexy: 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
strike kor! Are they working before? A beg next page joor!
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by taharqa: 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2013
Jbluv55:

I think that shouldn't be the point but the fact that our (this) government seems fond of not honouring agreements just like it did with ASUU and that makes it a pity. You could be any of them you know.

And BTW the same government has money to assist other countries and to sponsor itself on pilgrimage but no money to pay staff? That is unfair. sad
Plz, learn to SHUT that yr mouth UP wheneva you do not know what you are talking about...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC / NNPC Completes Payment Of N450 Billion Debt To FG / Ondo APC Primaries: Odimayo, Adojutelegan Step Down For Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.