Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? (20430 Views)

Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story / Why I Should Take A Second Wife! / Can I Do This For My Wife If She Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
kennykool4u:

[b][/b]Religious people are around. Tell me when they leave

No offence, but this comment makes you look silly..

You are in the religion section and saying 'religoius people are around'.. What were you expecting? Comedians?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fkforyou: Personaly....I would prefer just one cos all my attention and wealth would be on her I don't need to start over analysing all my actions but offlate I wouldn't mind a second wife if am able too...in essence I won't mind having a second wife although i would be comfortable with just one.

A man goes for many women in the first place. Like in Europe, when a man is married, when the wife is sleeping, he goes out and f***s around. He should bring the women in the house, man, to live with him, and stop running around the streets!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by busayobrig: 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
never
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by G12(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
Don't let ur religion enslave u. Convert to christianity if you want to be free. I already felt sorry for you, judging from the tone of confusion and bitterness in your writeup

6 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by LordReed(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Polygamy is just like communism, very sweet in theory but a nightmare in practice. Human nature will not allow such "utopias" to function without extensive changes in the human psyche.

I will marry more than one wife when women can truly accept such a situation and I as a man can be just to all of them (I ain't holding my breath for either one).
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
I can, but I wouldn't.

I'd keep my wife and spoil her with my wealth,
And F|uck around with as many other girls as I like.

Reason being that I lack the capacity to love more than 1 woman at a time. Its just too much work.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by InvertedHammer: 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
/

Why buy a car when you can rent one?

Variety is the spice but no ring on it.

//
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by everyday: 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
I have always thought of that
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by AreaFada2: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
4.Only a minority (10-15 %) of Muslims practice polygyny because of additional financial and psychological burdens of handling more than one family.

[/size][/quote]

If only 10-15% of Muslims practice polygyny, why have they been telling us the population of Northern Nigeria is more than South because Northerners marry generally marry up to four wives. Where did you get your figures from?

If true then the census fraud is bigger than we thought.

Each man his own.

Personally polygamy is too troublesome. I want my peace of mind.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by satellitedaisy: 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
I will marry another man if he is richer than my husband.

Stoopeed thread

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
satellitedaisy: I will marry another man if he is richer than my husband.

Stoopeed thread

Hahaha
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by nicechic(f): 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
one man, one wife.....d beauty of Christianity. JESUS IS LORD

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
From the beginning,God created only one woman for Adam. Abraham try to help God solve his problem by marrying a Hagar to bear him a son,but God said that is not what he plan for Abraham. Solomon as wise as he is got his heart turned because of polygamy. If after all these examples you still want polygamy, Then be man enough to face the consequences like King David.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by bukatyne(f): 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
Okija_juju: I can, but I wouldn't.

I'd keep my wife and spoil her with my wealth,
And F|uck around with as many other girls as I like.

Reason being that I lack the capacity to love more than 1 woman at a time. Its just too much work.

If you marry one and Bleep others, then it means you don't have the capacity to love anyone at all lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by nbright: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
deols: @Deen4me, You claim that it solves certain societal issues, like helping widows get married. Whereas there is no law asking the men to only have other wives out of pity for them or so as to spend on them.

Many a time they are driven by lust..and the social effects of that can even have grave consequences.
True... I have Muslim friends that vowed never to marry more than one wife... I don't think a man can love four women equally...
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
bukatyne:

If you marry one and Bleep others, then it means you don't have the capacity to love anyone at all lipsrsealed

I see your problem...

You are mistaking sex for love.. grin

Ask Ashawos.. They understand this principle very well.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
Capital NO!
Why?
Cos of real life experience.
There is a big chance that there ll be rivalry, hatred & favouritism among the wives children. It's not possibly to show equal affection to more than one wife.
Marrying more than one wife is a semi-adultery except in some cases like barreness. People should stop lying that God gave them the right to be polygamous.
Last Bullet
That's just the logical truth.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
I dont subscribe to polygamy am from one hmmmm shocked shocked
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Deen4me(m): 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
nicechic: one man, one wife.....d beauty of Christianity. JESUS IS LORD
G.12:
Don't let ur religion enslave u. Convert to christianity if you want to be free. I already felt sorry for you, judging from the tone of confusion and bitterness in your writeup

Can anyone please educate me via references from the Bible where its aptly stated on this one man , one wife law

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by ezme(m): 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Why take a second wife, when you can have support staff on a contract basis?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by olahero(m): 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
sexymoma: Why can't you spend your wealth on one wife and see how beautiful and peace you life would be....
Instead of investing on second wife.. you could achieve a whole lot of thing with that money you know.

And moreover dont you know you are harboring someone else wife ni
After now men will be looking for wives while one man married 8 women

One Man, One Wife
I DISAGREE WITH YOUR VIEW.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by nikegbade(f): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
To sisters, please whatever it is halal in islam, don't let us make it haram via our mere worldly interest. May Allah giv us d strenght to pass all d test of dis dunya. If my husband wake me tomorrow $ tell me he's interested in mohsna. Toh! Bismilahi. I'l support him. May Allah guide us right

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by olahero(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
Brymo: This isn't my biz.
Are you a Lesbian?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by iamdsam: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
I won't practice it because I believe it might bring big trouble in the long term. It's not possible to love all women equally. There must certainly be favourite among them. And to the op, you said you support polygamous marriage but you can't be in a polygamous marriage. You see it as a good and peaceful marriage system which can accomodate the large numbers of girls who are yearning to get married but you simply can't do it. Why not be an example of what you support? Or do you have two natures?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by olahero(m): 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
nikegbade: To sisters, please whatever it is halal in islam, don't let us make it haram via our mere worldly interest. May Allah giv us d strenght to pass all d test of dis dunya. If my husband wake me tomorrow $ tell me he's interested in mohsna. Toh! Bismilahi. I'l support him. May Allah guide us right
Jazakillahu khair, May Allah bless YOU
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
It is not Fard ' not compulsory ' but optional. Let us consider some logical reasonings why Islam permitt some certain men to marry morethan one wife. Any paediatrician will tell you amle and female are born in equal proportion but the female s.ex is stronger than the male. So in children age there are more males dieing as compared to females. As life goes on there are males dieing due to alcohol, wars, accidents, drug abuse there are more men in the prison yard as compared to female. Today if you analyse in the world, in New york alone there are 1m females as compared to male, in America as a whole there are 7.8m females morethan males, in Uk 4m, Germany 5m, Russia 9m and God alone knows how many females are morethan males throughout the world.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by elrony(m): 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
Poly-gini...taah!!!...

I don't have to marry multiple women just because I'm wealthy!!!

From d problems I have seen amongst some of my family folks from polygamous set up...I'd rather d trouble of one woman kill м̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣!!.. grin grin

The disadvantages far outweigh the merits!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Deen4me(m): 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
Jane laz: people lyk u are d reason why we have problem in this world, what a pity. the op asked a simple question dat required yes/no with a little xpalanation. and u took up to comparison becos u think u are better dan odas. religion chivurnist. didn't read where Christ said in the bible that ...'Haven't u read that in the beginning the were made a man and a woman...' ?

Ermmm

I am sorry Sir !
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
Suppose let agree with the philosophy one man One woman and suppose my sister or your sister is in America and the market is saturated every man has found a woman for himself yet there will still be 7.8m women who will not find life partners. And we all know every man can't marry for some many reasons. Now the option left for these 7.8m women is either marry a man who has a wife or become public property. Which will any modest woman opt for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

7 Practical Steps To Help You Face Any Difficult Situation / Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.