Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. (30751 Views)

Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway / Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by nissparts(m): 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
You know what? Immediately I saw that 508 in your post I was kinda impressed and remembered a friend of mine bought one a few months ago.
I called him up a few mins ago to ask him about the car only to hear unbelievable tales of woe.
He bought the car brand new from Peugeot Poland and shipped it in. The car is still less than 2000km and has been immobile for several weeks now due to brake and ABS issues. He has already spent 200k trying to fix it unsuccessfully at Roadtruckers and they are now asking him to pay $1800 to replace the ABS pump which may not even fix the problem.
He's now considering shipping the car back to Poland.

Damn shame.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
nissparts: You know what? Immediately I saw that 508 in your post I was kinda impressed and remembered a friend of mine bought one a few months ago.
I called him up a few mins ago to ask him about the car only to hear unbelievable tales of woe.
He bought the car brand new from Peugeot Poland and shipped it in. The car is still less than 2000km and has been immobile for several weeks now due to brake and ABS issues. He has already spent 200k trying to fix it unsuccessfully at Roadtruckers and they are now asking him to pay $1800 to replace the ABS pump which may not even fix the problem.
He's now considering shipping the car back to Poland.

Damn shame.
Never be among the first to buy a new model car, let the maga drive it around first for about 2yrs before putting ur head or else u with get in shiit.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
Nice one Ikenna.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
sultaan:

Assuming these following cars are the same price how do you think they compare to each other
Chrysler 300, Camry, Peugeot 508
Chevy Cruze, Peugeot 301 Corolla
Grand Cherokee, Durango, and Prado
Ram 1500, Hilux

My choices would be as follows:

Chrysler 300 Vs Camry, Peugeot 508 - Chrysler 300C.
Chevy Cruze Vs Peugeot 301 Vs Toyota Corolla - Peugeot 301.
Grand Cherokee Vs Durango Vs Prado - Chrysler Grand Cherokee.
Dodge Ram 1500 Vs Toyota Hilux - Dodge Ram 1500.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Fixed: 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
^^^I would have gone with the same choices as Sienna's with the exception of the 301. My preference will easily be the Corolla as I don't see myself riding a 3 cylinder car with manual window controls in this age! Please don't crucify me its my choice anyway, others may like it. Besides, the Corolla has gained some reputation of reliability at this side of the world.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Gee2728(m): 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ikenna351: Peugeot 301 Allure

Peugeot 301 Allure is the model Nigerians would call "Full option". Lol!

Anyway, it has better features than the Active and Access.

Price: 3.5m

Ikenna
3.5 mil for this piece of plastic. Only God knows how much HP this box dey put out.

Wetin happen 2 a W203 C350. Abeg make man shine eyes ooh.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
Fixed: ^^^I would have gone with the same choices as Sienna's with the exception of the 301. My preference will easily be the Corolla as I don't see myself riding a 3 cylinder car with manual window controls in this age!

The Peugeot 301 is also available with an I4. And electric windows is an option too. smiley
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Ikenna351(m): 5:28am On Oct 30, 2013
Gee2728:
3.5 mil for this piece of plastic. Only God knows how much HP this box dey put out.

Wetin happen 2 a W203 C350. Abeg make man shine eyes ooh.

So every city car must have V8 with 600 hp engine inside the engine bay? Is every car targeted at every one?

If it doesn't interest you, waka pass, leave am as ebi. Those that buy Kia Picanto or Toyota Prius know that Camry V6 exist, yet they chose the other. Some want it green, let them be. You can't have both power and green at the same time.

Ikenna.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Ikenna351(m): 5:42am On Oct 30, 2013
Fixed: ^^^I would have gone with the same choices as Sienna's with the exception of the 301. My preference will easily be the Corolla as I don't see myself riding a 3 cylinder car with manual window controls in this age! Please don't crucify me its my choice anyway, others may like it. Besides, the Corolla has gained some reputation of reliability at this side of the world.

What part of "Green car" written all over the Peugeot 301 Access with 3-cylinder engine 5-speed manual, do you not understand ? Is that the only 301 version i attached the pics? Did I say all 301 displayed had 3-cylinder engine? You claimed you were there too, how come you didn't see 301 Active and Allure with 4-cylinder engines and with all the electrically controlled gadgets in them?

It's very amusing how some are comparing Peugeot 301 with Toyota Corolla. One even compared a 2010 production Peugeot 508 with the so called "2014 Toyota Camry". Sometimes, I wonder. Of course, no one has talked about 508 RXH and 508 GT. The other day, smartchoice started a thread on a massive recall on a brand we make so much noise about, but everyone kept quiet, pretended as if they didn't see the thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1484252/toyota-recalls-six-million-vehicles So much for reliability !

If you in interested in comparing, this is how it should be:

Peugeot 301 vs Toyota Yaris.
Peugeot 408 vs Toyota Corolla.

"Farher, forgive them, for they do not know what they are saying," is all I could think of.

Ikenna.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Fixed: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2013
^^^Touche!
I don't need any forgiveness man. All I am saying is that I don't want a 3 cylinder engine for N2.95M. That car is I will pick the Yaris for N3.2 without blinking. There is not alluring to me in the 301. I make bold to repeat that it is my choice and I have no regret.

It's good to know you agree the 301 is no match for the Corolla and that is the simple reason I chose Corolla when asked to choose! The allure and the active 301 will still not cut it for me. I will rather add 500k to go with the Corolla t N3.99. If everyone is a lion, what then will they feast on? wink
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 30, 2013
Make una no start arguement onn this thread o!

Siena:

My choices would be as follows:

Chrysler 300 Vs Camry, Peugeot 508 - Chrysler 300C.
Chevy Cruze Vs Peugeot 301 Vs Toyota Corolla - Peugeot 301.
Grand Cherokee Vs Durango Vs Prado - Chrysler Grand Cherokee.
Dodge Ram 1500 Vs Toyota Hilux - Dodge Ram 1500.
Others are fine with me but given
Chevy Cruze Vs Peugeot 301 Vs Toyota Corolla I will take the chevrolet Cruze if its the top of the line LTZ trim package with all the optional extra installed.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by elektra80: 12:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
I do not need any forgiveness for stating my choice, must u force me to like a particular car? 301 vs yaris i will still pick the yaris. 408 vs corolla or civic i will pick civic without blinking. And that 508 is no match for an accord of the same year so yes i will choose the accord. The 508 is a large family car and it doesn't even have a v6 option. Even the 407 that it replaced had a v6 option. Don't even tell me about the peugeot 508 GT because i already know about it. 2.2L diesel engine with only automatic, no manual option. The 508 GT is a great car, but the pricing brings it down for me. Starting at $55,000 and with no navigation? I thought navigation are becoming standard in newer cars. With navigation and other options u are looking at about $60,000 . That is enough money to get u a new mercedez benz e350 or a bmw 528i

1 Like

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Gee2728(m): 1:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
elektra80: I do not need any forgiveness for stating my choice, must u force me to like a particular car? 301 vs yaris i will still pick the yaris. 408 vs corolla or civic i will pick civic without blinking. And that 508 is no match for an accord of the same year so yes i will choose the accord. The 508 is a large family car and it doesn't even have a v6 option. Even the 407 that it replaced had a v6 option. Don't even tell me about the peugeot 508 GT because i already know about it. 2.2L diesel engine with only automatic, no manual option. The 508 GT is a great car, but the pricing brings it down for me. Starting at $55,000 and with no navigation? I thought navigation are becoming standard in newer cars. With navigation and other options u are looking at about $60,000 . That is enough money to get u a new mercedez benz e350 or a bmw 528i
Brother u try, when I talk my own the guy say 'make I waka pass'. The truth is the PAN cars prices dnt rly match their built.
Ur even goin 2 far abt the 528i or E350, cos I will pick a beemer 135i over that 508. But it all goes down to the choice cos some jst want something big that goes from point A to B...... But for me it has 2 go from A to B fast.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Lilimax(f): 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
Good job Ikenna smiley
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by InvertedHammer: 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
/
Ikenna:

You better go see your pastor immediately after sitting in those cars.

I can only imagine how much curse the cars were putting on your head thinking you wanted to buy them.

Not on Nigeria roads! They cried

//
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by cardoctor(m): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nice one Ikenna.

I was there too but wasn't too impressed. I expected a lot more players in the automotive industry as well as other car manufacturers such as BMW, Innoson, Anammco, Honda, Land Rover, MG, Nissan etc.

I also expected to see motorbikes and tricycles as its not only cars that you would find in a motor show.

No refreshments and nothing entertaining. Very bland.

Car-Doctor.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by deor03(m): 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hopefully we will have the stand full of Innosson and other local manufacturer next year
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by jajad: 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
car-doctor:
Nice one Ikenna.

I was there too but wasn't too impressed. I expected a lot more players in the automotive industry as well as other car manufacturers such as BMW, Innoson, Anammco, Honda, Land Rover, MG, Nissan etc.

I also expected to see motorbikes and tricycles as its not only cars that you would find in a motor show.

No refreshments and nothing entertaining. Very bland.

Car-Doctor.
And female models, where are the female models? tongue smiley
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by DisGuy: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
Interesting, it's about time they take it indoors and use proper stage

the other day i was marvelled at the organisation of the Johannesburg Motor Show it's on a different level as usual
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Arysexy(m): 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ikenna, u did not visit Innoson stand why angry
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by ceejayluv(m): 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
Whither IVM (Innoson)??

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Wallade(m): 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nice work, Ikenna. Those were great pictures. I love the Mercedes Benz GL500. I will get one soon.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Demdem(m): 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
Innosun no show face?
Abegi u get innosun pictures at the fair?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Decryptor(m): 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
That Benz G-68 kiss....Lawd have mercy! God punish poverty for me cry
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by godssonibk: 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
These Peugeot cars are too ugly....Holy shit

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by MSItachi: 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
[size=40pt]Please REpost VW cars cant view pictures [/size]
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Abbott(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
They should have at least designed the place...looks like a warehouse rather than a motor fair.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by slimfit1(m): 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
It looks like a trade fair in murgasu.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by OlaPhils(m): 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
were are the motors?
i saw just peugeot , mercedes, jeep, toyota, hyundai and a bus,
there are no
porsch
ferrari
lamboghini
aston matins
lexus
gmc product
caprice
and many more.......
and these are all old car, car show means the showcase of latest cars
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by aaidel(m): 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
i_laugh:

Talk for yourself. You are not the only one in this world. Some people value what you dont value.

your opinion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Defiant Driver Gets Stuck Inside galadimawa Flood After Ignoring Advise In abuja / Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. / Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.