Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. (30749 Views)

Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway / Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Godwinsilas(m): 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2013
What happen to Innoson?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by tlops(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
Where is innoson?
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by SuyaEater(m): 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ola Phils: were are the motors?
i saw just peugeot , mercedes, jeep, toyota, hyundai and a bus,
there are no
porsch
ferrari
lamboghini
aston matins
lexus
gmc product
caprice
and many more.......
and these are all old car, car show means the showcase of latest cars

as if you can afford it lol
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by tlops(m): 9:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Where is BMW's stand? Take style prize the Beemer our minister bought, if the price tallies!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by piagetskinner(m): 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
Godwinsilas: What happen to Innoson?
Godwinsilas: What happen to Innoson?
[/b]them never build their own finish[b] undecided undecided
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Mubby4luv(m): 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ikenna351: [img]Peugeot 4008[/img]

The Peugeot 4008 is full Crossover. But I think the 3008 has a better interior, to me o!

Them never sell am thy done da kill da battery wit Bb charger wen da engine ain't runnin.. Persin go come buy am small tym battery go die. Peugeot gets da blame?:/ Stupid ppl

Ikenna.

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Mubby4luv(m): 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ikenna351: Mercedes-Benz Town

Shebi design done finish? who design dis tin lyk Watin dem dey use carry dead body go burial ground. later one clueless rich man go come buy am for fashion #Smh

Ikenna
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by piagetskinner(m): 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
oboy all thez peugeot get dry interior no b small undecided love the Mercedes benz apart 4rm that cls wagon...kia is really steppin up their game i must say smiley smiley all in all,TEAM GERMAN MACHINES grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by drnoel: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Where are the motors
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by yungboss(m): 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
Gee2728:
3.5 mil for this piece of plastic. Only God knows how much HP this box dey put out.

Wetin happen 2 a W203 C350. Abeg make man shine eyes ooh.
is there "350" in the W203 series?
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Policewoman(f): 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ikenna351: Peugeot 301 Access; New Product

Here comes the newly introduced Peugeot product in the market: 301. The 301 Access comes with 3 cylinder engine and 5-speed manual, also have auto transmission. This is good option for Peugeot lovers/fans that are scared of V6. Lol! Its designed for people that want to go as economical as they can.

When I sat behind the wheel, I was surprised how comfortable I felt on the seat, considering my height. The leg room is good enough. It has almost the size of 307 Sedan, if not bigger.

Price: 2.950m

3 CYLINDER engine? Isn't that grossly underpowered?

Ikenna.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by eightsin(m): 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ikenna thanks for this post.
My dreams are now wider and bigger.
Need to get supper rich fast!
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by bigmo1(m): 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hope Stella Oduah has not seen this thread, otherwise nah #Shopping tinz go dey on her mind.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Femoooo(m): 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by micfoley: 11:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
Well done Ikenna. I really appreciate this. I was supposed to go there today but couldn't make it. It's like the Peugeot brands have very good fuel economy. 5.5 L/ 100km sounds like a very good deal to me.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by oseo1(m): 12:16am On Oct 31, 2013
sultaan: You mean you never even entered the jeep because you did not want betray the lion I understand once you go Jeep you don't go back. grin grin wink

Assuming these following cars are the same price how do you think they compare to each other
Chrysler 300, Camry, Peugeot 508
Chevy Cruze, Peugeot 301 Corolla
Grand Cherokee, Durango, and Prado
Ram 1500, Hilux

Considering the build/trim and available options and extras

For those who have no idea go see the American wonder and give your opinion grin

Some of your comparisons are not fair, the 301 is more comparable to the yaris, and actually compares very very well to it. Its better in terms of fuel economy, interior room, durability is yet to be seen though.
In my opinion the grand cherokee floors the Prado though. The grand cherokee base model comes better equipped than the base Prado. However the cherokee doesn't have the 3rd row of seats.

The dodge Chrysler jeep family doesn't really sell stripped down versions of their cars in Africa or anywhere else like Toyota and Chevy do.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 31, 2013
I am a car lover and I have japanese. But my target area now is Mercedes Benz. They have something special...
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by lungwun(m): 6:48am On Oct 31, 2013
I wonder how much the CLS Shooting Brake stickered for.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Cuche: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2013
Peugeot products are good, has reliable engine but let me itemize my issues with Peugeut
1. The pricing of their vehicles, I can't believe that Expert is sold for 5.5m. With Plastics all over, at 140km/hr the wind effect on that car is unbearable. Infact, anything 160km/hr is suicidal. They were economical with material in most of their vehicles I also expected the cost of the vehicle to reflect that
2. They hardly improve on their technology. A model can be in production line for 10 solid years.
3. Most of their vehicle are beginning to loose their reputation for sustained, problem free, long distance travel to Japanese brands. That is not good
4. I taught the ASD people said they want to recapture Nigerian Market with the 301. At that Price of 3m for the 3cyl eng. no youth will buy that. 3m? It won't work.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by gbishman: 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
very conservative interior, wont waste my money on that, rather i get a tokunbor with very low milage and enjoy my life

1 Like

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by yungboss(m): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
The 301 looks like Honda City...it's not as appealing as the Toyota corolla...better-looking than a Yaris for sure.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Ikenna351(m): 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
2011 Abuja Motor Fair: Peugeot Stand

I still don't know or understand why members are still comparing Peugeot 301 with Toyota Corolla. Is like comparing Toyota Corolla with Honda City or comparing Camry with Civic. I have corrected it, compare Corolla with 408.

I can see that many have not seen or know what Peugeot 408 looks like. So, below is Peugeot 408 in 2011 Abuja Motor Fair, Peugeot stand, when the 408 was introduced into the Nigerian market, which I attended as well,.

Ikenna
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Gee2728(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
yungboss:
is there "350" I'm the W203 series?

Very rare piece... Seen just one here in kaduna. My mechanic was in doubt so we checked the manual and documentation. It was definitely a bigger spec even jst by the sound of the ENGINE.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by MattEdozie(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
My MB must have been drained while loading this pictures.......chai !
None of them even feature touchscreen dashborad or a retractable roof product.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Ikenna351(m): 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
More Pics from the 2011 Abuja Motor Fair

Ikenna
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by yungboss(m): 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Gee2728:

Very rare piece... Seen just one here in kaduna. My mechanic was in doubt so we checked the manual and documentation. It was definitely a bigger spec even jst by the sound of the ENGINE.
ok...no qualms, pls disregard the typos...new device complications
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by auhanson(m): 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
Thanks for the Benz lip, though no detail..Come to imagine it, it looks like the Benz attracted more attention than all. How come that no one feature the Beemers?
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by yungboss(m): 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
au.hanson:
Thanks for the Benz lip, though no detail..Come to imagine it, it looks like the Benz attracted more attention than all. How come that no one feature the Beemers?
noticed too, no beemers, no Infiniti cars, no Honda cars. Nissan too...or maybe the Op didn't capture them.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by spartanian(m): 11:37am On Nov 01, 2013
may God bless prosper me so that I will be able to buy a Mercedes Benz G-Wagon for my dad
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by solomon111(m): 11:59am On Nov 01, 2013
All these pics of foreign cars and yet no single picture of an Innoson vehicle.
Mscheww.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Cuche: 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
[quote author=Mubby4luv][/quote]
their version of X6 and Acura ZDX... lol
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Ikenna351(m): 10:06am On Dec 07, 2013
I have started seeing a number of the newly launched Peugeot cars displayed in the 2013 Abuja Int'L Motor fair on Abuja roads. Quite a number of them, including the Peugeot 301. While some Nairaland members were here hating Lions, some Nigerians and non-Nigerians in Abuja are busy buying off those new Peugeots from various Peugeot dealerships in Abuja. I know so many calls and e-mails i have received after creating this thread, asking me to help them find out for them more details on features and prices on these displayed new Peugeots in the fair, from Peugeot dealerships here in Abuja.

Right in front of my office, a company that deals on new cars sale recently removed all other brands of cars and fill the compound with brand new Peugeots only. In the compound, the newly launched 5008 into the country are displayed as well, about 5 or 6 of them. The 5008 is a family Van. Find a video of Peugeot 5008 below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4ng3TV51U

Before 2012 December, I was the only guy that drove Peugeot in the compound where my office is. But now, 3 more Peugeots have been added, excluding mine. Last month, 3 guys from another office we share the same compound with approached me on different days, asking me to help them source clean Peugeots for them. They all drive other brands, but have decided to move into the Lion family. If I was the one that converted them to join Lion family, I do not know. Because I have never ever sat down with anyone in that compound to discuss Peugeot or argue car brands with anyone, including my colleagues. As far as am concerned, drive whatever car or brand you desire or like. But then, action speaks louder than words. They most have been observing me and my Peugeots and couldnt help but got converted. cool That compound may soon be filled with Peugeots only, if care is not taken.

I took my time this morning to go through some comments here. So many awkward statements, just to prove fanboys of other brands. But it's understandable that man have this instinct to easily condemn or talk negatively of something he/she cannot afford. Because it beats me how one would condemn a car when he has not seen the car key, let alone touch it, not to think of seating in the car, driven the car or ever owned the car, yet he/she knows how bad the car is, better than those that own the car or have used the car. Some even called Peugeot 301 "plastics". But it would be so unfair of me to link some online car reviews here, proving how "un-plastics" the new German cars and other brands are today. Let's not even go down the relaibility matter on both the new German and Japs cars. Sometimes we forget that these cars were bought new and used before they go to us. So those that bought them new have their own stories to tell about how "unplastcis and reliable" the cars we brag with truly are. Just because those issues have been fixed before it got to you doesnt remove the fact. Even some online forums are enough to prove how Peugeots are so plastics, compared to those your "metal" cars. Really awkward statements!

Am not a German or Japs car fan, but I respect and admire the ones that gets my attention among them. I just simply love my French cars. Nairaland has only 1 million + members. Nigeria population is over 100 million. So you really think over 100 million Nigerians depend on 1 million Nairalanders negative opinions on new Peugeot cars, to influence their decisions to purchase these new Peugeots in that stand? Drive down to Abuja and find out.

Ikenna

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. / Defiant Driver Gets Stuck Inside galadimawa Flood After Ignoring Advise In abuja / Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.