Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1223076 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
@SegunMike, @kblaze111, @airsaylongcon.

You guys are craaaaazzzzy men. LMFAO.

I used to think it was only guns, knives, daggers and other dangerous weapons coulk kill. I never knew silence could as well. NLNG can kill someone with silence. Na wa.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 5:05pm On Feb 23, 2015

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
It is obvious that prospectives are already getting tired of the excuses and delay as regards this recruitment.
Justifiably, I have not been impressed too.
Let us wait and see what the next 14 days give birth to. Not like we can speed up or slow down the decision of Nigeria LNG. The wait goes on.
@aiirsaylongcon long time!!...funny guy
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
Prinzofparis:
It is obvious that prospectives are already getting tired of the excuses and delay as regards this recruitment.
Justifiably, I have not been impressed too.
Let us wait and see what the next 14 days give birth to. Not like we can speed up or slow down the decision of Nigeria LNG. The wait goes on.
@aiirsaylongcon long time!!...funny guy

Hi Friend and all....

I suggest you better remove your minds for now............"matter no be here ooo" the recruitment for both GT and Exp. is suspended till further notice. You may choose to believe or disregard this ( Caveat emptor) but just thought it helpful to come in at this point maybe to manage some BPs grin #pls ask me not for source#

Atleast some folks here may find this helpful and grab there present Jobs better, putting in their best.

All d best folks wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by sexyjob(m): 8:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
@Collintos, check your mail. Just check it and see.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
sexyjob:
U are "finding" trouble o! This "check your email" is what leads to "konk"
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nlng2014: 6:29am On Feb 24, 2015
forkadict:

I'm not exactly sure about how much GTs will be earning. What i quoted was just an estimate. You may add N3 to N4M p.a max.

As for the experienced, I said average pay in my post. Average because some jobs required 8 years experience and others 10 years. I dont expect both categories of staff to earn same pay.

As for those GTs that you said earn close to N9M p.a I can only lol. Cos i'm not sure any company outside the oil and gas sector pays that much. If you decide to respond to this, please specify the companies that pay GTs that much. Let me apply to those companies as a GT if only they will take me. LOL.

What makes you guys think they are waiting for the outcome of the Presidential elections? Why didn't they wait for the Presidential elections before inviting us for the interviews? My advice to yall is DO NOT DROP YOUR GUARD. ELSE YOU MAY BE CAUGHT PANTS DOWN!

Wherever and whenever NLNG is involved, there is no such thing as OVERPREPARATION. A word is enough for the wise.

PEACE BE UNTO YALL.

Please as the wait for the AC continues please could you shed light on the questions you were asked during your interview? What postiion you applied for, thank you.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 8:05am On Feb 24, 2015
sexyjob:
Hahahaha. ..@ sexy job no wahalas Ma ....i go still dey check am...how many dollars you go dey pay me per check grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 24, 2015
Q1. Well... Feb'24 isn't encouraging, bt still no email
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 10:16am On Feb 24, 2015
Nlng2014:

Please as the wait for the AC continues please could you shed light on the questions you were asked during your interview? What postiion you applied for, thank you.

I have mentioned time and again that GTs need not bother about the kind of questions experienced guys were asked. But just to satisfy your curiosity, i was asked questions regarding the job as specified in the advert. i cant remember in full unless i dig up the advert from my archive. Then there were a few questions that were not in the advert but which they felt you should know as an experienced guy e.g questions on turbines. But nobody will ask you guys such questions. Just focus on requirements of an AC. I applied for mech. engr position.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by GetPosted: 10:22am On Feb 24, 2015
Guys, guess I also need to come in here... just forget Q1, 2015
GT Assessment Postponed till further notice
Diligently embrace your present job.
#UndisclosedSource#

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by chuqqym: 11:03am On Feb 24, 2015
GetPosted:
Guys, guess I also need to come in here... just forget Q1, 2015
GT Assessment Postponed till further notice
Diligently embrace your present job.
#UndisclosedSource#

While some people are optimistic, hoping for mail, others are pessimistic. I would say, "Getposted" is just being realistic... Gaan apologise to your boss for being so lackadaisical with your job all these while, cos if you were thinking you would have resigned by the time appraisal commences, then SORRY.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 11:30am On Feb 24, 2015
chuqqym:

While some people are optimistic, hoping for mail, others are pessimistic. I would say, "Getposted" is just being realistic... Gaan apologise to your boss for being so lackadaisical with your job all these while, cos if you were thinking you would have resigned by the time appraisal commences, then SORRY.

A pro though would consistently perform at his/her optimum levels irrespective of potentially sweet offers. A "kpukpuyeke" (duck) in hand is better than an Ostrich inside Sambisa

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 24, 2015
Guys, let's revisit the email...

With reference to our earlier correspondence to you on your success in the NLNG Graduate Trainee 2nd stage Exercise.

Kindly be advised that the next step of this Exercise (3rd stage) is scheduled for late Q1 2015. Details of this will be communicated to you in the early part of the year 2015.

Any inconvenience due to this is highly regretted. We sincerely appreciate your continued interest in Nigeria LNG Limited.

Kindly use our Recruitment.Online@nlng.com; email should you require additional enquiries.

Best Regards,
NLNG Recruitment Team

I believe we are being anxious... They still haven't exceed their timing. Let's stay hopeful
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by spacyzuma(m): 11:42am On Feb 24, 2015
scarletdp:

I would love to believe I'm. also free to air my opinion about not wanting to turn this thread to a Jona N buhari thread...

P.S.. I don't use my keyboard ... its spoilt... I use a voice recognition software...

Hi, please what voice-recognition software did/do you use? And what OS/device? Thanks.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
risalah1:
Guys, let's revisit the email...

With reference to our earlier correspondence to you on your success in the NLNG Graduate Trainee 2nd stage Exercise.

Kindly be advised that the next step of this Exercise (3rd stage) is scheduled for late Q1 2015. Details of this will be communicated to you in the early part of the year 2015.

Any inconvenience due to this is highly regretted. We sincerely appreciate your continued interest in Nigeria LNG Limited.

Kindly use our Recruitment.Online@nlng.com; email should you require additional enquiries.

Best Regards,
NLNG Recruitment Team

I believe we are being anxious... They still haven't exceed their timing. Let's stay hopeful

For me Mar 28 2015 is very late Q1 2015. Unless u r insinuating that they are gonna hold it between Mar 1 and 21 which is early to mid late Q1 2015.

For me it's more like late H1 2015. And I hope they know that for every day dem dey delay our age dey change.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
spacyzuma:

Hi, please what voice-recognition software did/do you use? And what OS/device? Thanks.

Normal Samsung Voice keyboard/ Android 4.3/Samsung Grand 2. You are welcome

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 8:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
Well que sera sera...no need worrying over what I got no control over. Whenever they call we will be sure to answer. But for the meantime.....uche face your worki oooo grin

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Uchboggy(m): 9:42am On Feb 25, 2015
freeradical:
Well que sera sera...no need worrying over what I got no control over. Whenever they call we will be sure to answer. But for the meantime.....uche face your worki oooo grin
is it my own uche?if yes, Who be this wey know me?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 11:39am On Feb 25, 2015
Uchboggy:
is it my own uche?if yes, Who be this wey know me?
No bro the uche is generic for all of us not you specifically.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
Collintos:

Hi Friend and all....

I suggest you better remove your minds for now............"matter no be here ooo". I think recruitment for both GT and Exp. is suspended till further notice. You may choose to believe or disregard this ( Caveat emptor) but just thought it helpful to come in at this point maybe to manage some BPs grin #pls ask me not for source#

Atleast some folks here may find this helpful and grab there present Jobs better, putting in their best.

All d best folks wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 5:05am On Feb 27, 2015
Ohhh..hahahaha@ D favouredone thanks for the observation..apologies that little phrase there may have made you doubted but that is the reality...just simply take away the phrase you highlighted and make do with the info for your good.

pursuing other intrests and self development opportunities in line with your passion won't be that bad while the wait continues.

Beyond the elections Lets pray the economic variables normalizes then Q4 may be in perspective....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by SQLmastar(m): 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
K
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by FGUN14: 6:59am On Mar 02, 2015
HNM Peeps. Its March (late Q1), yet, the wait continues. Though it tarry, it will surely come. Keep faith!

Wish y'all a great month

Shalom!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
Dear All,

How are yall coping with the wait? For me, its been gruelling to put it in very mild terms. Trust me, its not been easy. But it's very likely late Q1 will turn to late Q2 if by now invites for the AC have not been sent out. If they haven't, then this development only underscores my initial fear that NLNG are also being adversely impacted by the crash in oil prices. My guess of how this whole thing works is that NLNG management are observing the global oil price, hoping it will rise and stabilise at a benchmark price which would have been pre determined and at which they feel will be compatible with the recruitment drive. They will only proceed if and when the global oil price hits and stabilises at this benchmark price. What this price is, I don't know and I can't tell. But i wish to state that if they are banking on $100 per barrel, then they are joking and this wait is just starting as $100 per barrel oil price will not be achievable in a long time to come. But for the past three weeks or so, oil has been largely stable @ $60 per barrel. Flunctuating a little above and blow this figure.

But I have a bit of good news (if we may call it that). Diezanni Allison Madueke whom I fondly refer to as the Witch General of the federation and commander in chief of all witches who coincidentally doubles as the OPEC president is planning on calling for an emergency meeting of OPEC in about 4-6 weeks time with the aim of making a resolution on cutting the global oil supply which hopefully will drive the price up. If and when this meeting holds, there are 2 possible outcomes:

Outcome 1: The resolution will be reached and the Arab bloc will cut supply. It will take a few more weeks after this meeting before the global oil market feels the impact and responds to this move. Prices will go up and then NLNG will be more comfortable to proceed with the recruitment drive.

Outcome 2: The Arab bloc (majorly Saudi, Kuwait, Qatar) will refuse to cut supply (because they have always been the ones cutting supply anytime there is crisis), the oil price will remain volatile and if NLNG feels the pressing need to proceed with the exercise regardless, they may cut down on the slots available. I don't believe they are disposed to cancelling the exercise in its entirety.

Give or take, we are looking at mid or late Q2 for AC date.

Again, like i did in the past, i would like to implore yall hopefuls to be prayerful and seek God's intevention in this matter. God should bring this protracted saga to a speedy and favourable conclusion for us.

Peace to yall.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/liquefied-natural-gas-price-crashes-by-50-says-report/198707/

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
forkadict:
Dear All,

How are yall coping with the wait? For me, its been gruelling to put it in very mild terms. Trust me, its not been easy. But it's very likely late Q1 will turn to late Q2 if by now invites for the AC have not been sent out. If they haven't, then this development only underscores my initial fear that NLNG are also being adversely impacted by the crash in oil prices. My guess of how this whole thing works is that NLNG management are observing the global oil price, hoping it will rise and stabilise at a benchmark price which would have been pre determined and at which they feel will be compatible with the recruitment drive. They will only proceed if and when the global oil price hits and stabilises at this benchmark price. What this price is, I don't know and I can't tell. But i wish to state that if they are banking on $100 per barrel, then they are joking and this wait is just starting as $100 per barrel oil price will not be achievable in a long time to come. But for the past three weeks or so, oil has been largely stable @ $60 per barrel. Flunctuating a little above and blow this figure.

But I have a bit of good news (if we may call it that). Diezanni Allison Madueke whom I fondly refer to as the Witch General of the federation and commander in chief of all witches who coincidentally doubles as the OPEC president is planning on calling for an emergency meeting of OPEC in about 4-6 weeks time with the aim of making a resolution on cutting the global oil supply which hopefully will drive the price up. If and when this meeting holds, there are 2 possible outcomes:

Outcome 1: The resolution will be reached and the Arab bloc will cut supply. It will take a few more weeks after this meeting before the global oil market feels the impact and responds to this move. Prices will go up and then NLNG will be more comfortable to proceed with the recruitment drive.

Outcome 2: The Arab bloc (majorly Saudi, Kuwait, Qatar) will refuse to cut supply (because they have always been the ones cutting supply anytime there is crisis), the oil price will remain volatile and if NLNG feels the pressing need to proceed with the exercise regardless, they may cut down on the slots available. I don't believe they are disposed to cancelling the exercise in its entirety.

Again, like i did in the past, i would like to implore yall hopefuls to be prayerful and seek God's intevention in this matter. God should bring this protracted saga to a speedy and favourable conclusion for us.

Peace to yall.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/liquefied-natural-gas-price-crashes-by-50-says-report/198707/
Brilliant analysis @forkadict on the current situation in the LNG industry but I refuse to believe that price alone is the only factor stalling the mgt of NLNG from proceeding with both recruitment exercises for GT and EH. I strongly believe that as long as that company exists they must plan for their business continuity and that's is where we come in. Unless they are going to shut down operations because of the falling oil price. The world economy is still heavily dependent on crude oil and natural gas and I'm certain price increase is imminent in the future. Having said that what may result from the lower profit margin may be a reduction of slots for new recruits. The current political uncertainty still remains the major threat to the progress of this recruitment campaign. It's very likely that a change in govt may mean outright cancellation of the entire process and NLNG will not want to bear the huge burden of organising an AC only to have the outcome overruled by a new govt. This will have a major cost implication for them coupled with the low profit margin coming from the crashed prices any savvy manager will want to thread carefully in this situation.
Well all this is just speculation. I thread on the path of hope. Whatever decision they take we are available anytime they call. Our prayers are joined with yours men. We will prevail in the end.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 6:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
forkadict:
Dear All,

Peace to yall.

Brilliant analysis. But u make it sound like NLNG primary aim is to recruit GTs! Recruitment is based on need. If there's a need, I tell u even if oil is selling for N10 a barrel they will still recruit. They are still doing yanga because "come" has not come to "become"
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
Tmseeeeeeew.... Always looking for excuses to fail.... A company at the class of Nigeria LNG should have predicted all these anomalies even before kicking off this recruitment campaign.

Train 7....., Ebola......, Festivities....., Elections......................, Oil price,..........only God knows what we will hear next,.....maybe Mr Babs wants to grow dreadlocks so we should wait......too many excuses. If you want to fail at the execution of a project, just fail and don't be finding excuses as to why you didn't have success.

I saw a video of Train 1's gas turbine transplant. It took 15 months of planning and 28 days of execution. How can you plan for 15 months then at the end of planning you start execution with the wrong foot. First they tried removing the Turbine in parts, then came the story of it being time consuming and expensive.. Isn't that supposed to be part of what you've been planning for 15 months?..
After wasting time, energy and money, then they did the right thing by removing the turbine whole.

In summary, I think prediction and planning is a major issue with this company!!....
Too many excuses to fail!!!...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nlng2014: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
For those who travelled abroad because they got a scholarship for a MSc, It is still possible for you to be recruited within this timeline. Just keep NLNG updated with your progress and new address.

If all goes according to plan. EH calls around April/May or later

Therefore GT calls June/July, AC (maybe) July-August and final selection Spetember/October/November.

Keep updating NLNG and all the best.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dchem(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2015
Check your mail guys. Finally they have responded though no new date was communicated. Keep hope alive.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Spiro007: 9:12am On Mar 03, 2015
I think we have a new oracle in NLNG2014. Just got the mail below:

Dear XXXXXXX,

Please with regards to the mail below, notifying you that the next phase of Assessments for the ongoing Graduate Trainee recruitment will commence in 1st Quarter 2015, we write to inform you that the start date has been moved to a later date.

This change in start date is due to the postponement of the Presidential and Gubernatorial elections.

New dates will be communicated to you in due course.

We regret any inconvenience this postponement might cause.

Thank you for your interest in Nigeria LNG Limited.

Best Regards,

NLNG Recruitment Team
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 9:22am On Mar 03, 2015
I'm not going to say anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.