Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1223121 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dchem(m): 11:31am On Aug 29, 2015
I hope NLNG is learning from the latest sheriff in town by doing away with federal character and going with competence. If the best 100 or so are from the north so be it , if from the south same thing applies. Right now what we need is a a repositioning of the country and all aspect of its economy.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
dchem:
I hope NLNG is learning from the latest sheriff in town by doing away with federal character and going with competence. If the best 100 or so are from the north so be it , if from the south same thing applies. Right now what we need is a a repositioning of the country and all aspect of its economy.

Statements like this make me laugh. They are usually not borne out of perfect altruistic patriotism but a fear of losing out of certain benefits should federal character become a criteria in a competitive selection process like this.
"Repositioning this country". Now I am doubled over with laughter. Dude, it's not like you are going there to invent a new train or gas compression technique. You are going there to work using techniques they are going to train you on. So how does the federal character hamper that? Anyone who got to this stage will do well at such a job. As a matter of fact, there are people who were dropped after the SHL stage who will probably do better at the job than some of us here.
Finally, the federal character technique (if really NLNG uses it) must have worked for NLNG so far. We are yet to hear that someone burnt down a whole train because he lacked the mental competence but was employed due to federal character or that people from a certain part of the country have contributed to NLNG's shortcomings, whatever that maybe. Federal character has thus far ensured that NLNG functions well and very good hands are in charge of running the company. Why should it be jettisoned at this juncture?
U really want to " reposition this country"? Then support federal character and hope that human and infrastructural development pervades all parts of Nigeria and people from every part of Nigeria get almost equal opportunities for exposure and development. Great nations do not abandon their "weak".

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
NPComplete:

Statements like this make me laugh. They are usually not borne out of perfect altruistic patriotism but a fear of losing out of certain benefits should federal character become a criteria in a competitive selection process like this.
"Repositioning this country". Now I am doubled over with laughter. Dude, it's not like you are going there to invent a new train or gas compression technique. You are going there to work using techniques they are going to train you on. So how does the federal character hamper that? Anyone who got to this stage will do well at such a job. As a matter of fact, there are people who were dropped after the SHL stage who will probably do better at the job than some of us here.
Finally, the federal character technique (if really NLNG uses it) must have worked for NLNG so far. We are yet to hear that someone burnt down a whole train because he lacked the mental competence but was employed due to federal character or that people from a certain part of the country have contributed to NLNG's shortcomings, whatever that maybe. Federal character has thus far ensured that NLNG functions well and very good hands are in charge of running the company. Why should it be jettisoned at this juncture?
U really want to " reposition this country"? Then support federal character and hope that human and infrastructural development pervades all parts of Nigeria and people from every part of Nigeria get almost equal opportunities for exposure and development. Great nations do not abandon their "weak".

WORD! Hehehehe. Where have you been bruv...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2015
scarletdp:

WORD! Hehehehe. Where have you been bruv...

Been around bro. I've been trying to forget about NLNG until feedback starts streaming in. But recently I find myself checking this thread over and over again notwithstanding my best attempts at resisting the urge.
I have stopped climbing mountains now. I now do my prayers in the valley. I am planning to start praying on the sea and in the air too just to cover all the bases. You are invited to join me. grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by coolio2014(m): 2:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
Federal character? Really? And they do this in UK, US, Germany and other developed countries? Employ the best SIMPLE.

Just as University isn't meant for everyone, we have colleges of education, polytechnics etc. Pick the best without bias simple!

NPComplete:

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
coolio2014:
Federal character? Really? And they do this in UK, US, Germany and other developed countries? Employ the best SIMPLE.

Just as University isn't meant for everyone, we have colleges of education, polytechnics etc. Pick the best without bias simple!

Ever heard of affirmative action? Do a research then come back and modify ur post. cheers
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by coolio2014(m): 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
Interesting read it was. However, this pertained more towards preventing discrimination and racial bias won't you agree? Who are those being discriminated against or racially abused in Nigeria? NLNG pick the best for the job SIMPLE. Below excerpts from Wikipedia on affirmative action.

"United States[edit]
Main article: Affirmative action in the United States
The concept of affirmative action was introduced in the early 1960s in the United States, as a way to combat racial discrimination in the hiring process and, in 1967, the concept was expanded to include sex. Affirmative action was first created from Executive Order 10925, which was signed by President John F. Kennedy on 6 March 1961 and required that government employers "not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, or national origin" and "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin".[67]

On 24 September 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed Executive Order 11246, thereby replacing Executive Order 10925 and affirming Federal Government's commitment "to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive, continuing program in each executive department and agency".[4] Affirmative action was extended to women by Executive Order 11375 which amended Executive Order 11246 on 13 October 1967, by adding "sex" to the list of protected categories. In the U.S. affirmative action's original purpose was to pressure institutions into compliance with the nondiscrimination mandate of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.[11][68] The Civil Rights Acts do not cover veterans, people with disabilities, or people over 40. These groups are protected from discrimination under different laws.[69]

Affirmative action has been the subject of numerous court cases,[70] and has been questioned upon its constitutional legitimacy. In 2003, a Supreme Court decision regarding affirmative action in higher education (Grutter v. Bollinger, 539 US 244 – Supreme Court 2003) permitted educational institutions to consider race as a factor when admitting students.[71] Alternatively, some colleges use financial criteria to attract racial groups that have typically been under-represented and typically have lower living conditions. Some states such as California (California Civil Rights Initiative), Michigan (Michigan Civil Rights Initiative), and Washington (Initiative 200) have passed constitutional amendments banning public institutions, including public schools, from practicing affirmative action within their respective states. Conservative activists have alleged that colleges quietly use illegal quotas to increase the number of minorities and have launched numerous lawsuits to stop them.[72]"

NPComplete:

Ever heard of affirmative action? Do a research then come back and modify ur post. cheers
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
^^^Agreed. The way I see it, it is about protecting members of a disadvantaged group. In the end, it isn't a perfect system or solution. But at least it ensures that certain people aren't totally left behind based on their disadvantages or weakness. Sometimes u don't really need the crème de la crème to get a job done. You just need people good enough.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by adenitemi: 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
NPComplete:

Lovely contribution. However, I have a few points.

Firstly, I am not for or against Federal Character. However, looking at your argument up there, you are passively suggesting that instead of picking ONLY the best of the best (as that is what their recruitment aimed to achieve), NLNG can unlook and pick others who are below par because of where they are from.

This may not look harmful to the company at face value and as you opined, Train 5 has not gotten burnt down. But look at it this way . 11 players are needed for a football match. Have you ever thought out why the 11 players of Barcelona will always beat the 11 players of Swansea? They are all players. But some are the BEST OF THE BEST, while some are good, but they are not the BEST. Same reason a Mobil, Shell, Total, PwC or Chevron won't consider Federal Character in selecting.

Looking at it the other way however, to give a fair representation for the multi ethnic society we have found ourselves, the Federal Character has to be put in use. Not an ideal situation, but one that will continue to solve our deep rooted problem as a country.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
NPComplete:
^^^Agreed. The way I see it, it is about protecting members of a disadvantaged group. In the end, it isn't a perfect system or solution. But at least it ensures that certain people aren't totally left behind based on their disadvantages or weakness. Sometimes u don't really need the crème de la crème to get a job done. You just need people good enough.
I thought excellence was part of NLNG's core values?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
adenitemi:

Lovely contribution. However, I have a few points.

Firstly, I am not for or against Federal Character. However, looking at your argument up there, you are passively suggesting that instead of picking ONLY the best of the best (as that is what their recruitment aimed to achieve), NLNG can unlook and pick others who are below par because of where they are from.

This may not look harmful to the company at face value and as you opined, Train 5 has not gotten burnt down. But look at it this way . 11 players are needed for a football match. Have you ever thought out why the 11 players of Barcelona will always beat the 11 players of Swansea? They are all players. But some are the BEST OF THE BEST, while some are good, but they are not the BEST. Same reason a Mobil, Shell, Total, PwC or Chevron won't consider Federal Character in selecting.

Looking at it the other way however, to give a fair representation for the multi ethnic society we have found ourselves, the Federal Character has to be put in use. Not an ideal situation, but one that will continue to solve our deep rooted problem as a country.

God bless Nigeria.

And God bless you wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
Prinzofparis:
I thought excellence was part of NLNG's core values?
Yeah. And so is caring for people. smiley

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
coolio2014:

What's funny is you don't even know whether you might have been dropped in the WAEC or SHL stage if federal character wasn't used. Even I can't say I'll still be here. Just chill, hope and pray that whatever method used , you'll be favoured. Something has been working for NLNG, that's why it remains a great coy and that's why we all want to work there. President Buhari has been appointing peeps from the North , people don't want to even know whether they are the right hands , just coz they are mostly from the North, eyebrows are being raised. Same would apply with NLNG if they take your route. No offence , however I'm always of the opinion that Naija was never suppose to be one country. Tribal differences is just one Son of a b*****. But it's what we have. We have to make it work.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dchem(m): 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2015
Now that I have got the discussion on let me butress my point. Federal character in my opinion is not healthy for any country that want to advance technologically simply because it has a way of reducing the bar. Merit is a way of promoting hardwork among people and if continued will have a very positive effect on the nation as pople will start raising the bar for excellence. If Nigeria as a country need Federal Character to stay united them just maybe we dont need to be a country which I dont subscribe to. I believe in merit and hardwork .I believe Nigeria. I am from the southeast and even though I did not vote for Buhari I believe he is trying to get people who will deliver for him. While we might argue we have this kind of people in all the geopolitical zone maybe he doesn't know of them.
Finally, as painful as missing out of this recruitment will be , judging from my past antecedents I know I will move on in less than a week. Shalom.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
Management meeting to confirm recruitment process. Congratulations fellow colleagues.

Niger Delta Youth Leaders Stage Protest At NLNG
Channels Television.
Updated August 29, 2015
NLNGThe Niger Delta Youth Movement comprising of leaders of youth groups from the Niger Delta, staged a peaceful protest at the office of the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

Their mission according to the protesters led by Niger Delta activist, Ankio Briggs, was to submit a protest letter to register their displeasure over the siting of the Dry Dock outside of the Niger Delta.

This, however, followed an earlier statement signed by the spokesman of the NLNG, Tony Okonedo, which stated that the Dry Dock Ship Yard was not a property of the NLNG but belonged to Badagry Ship and Marine company in Lagos for which the NLNG is a facilitator and not a sponsor.

Though, some officials of the company were on hand to receive the protest letter, no comments had been made yet by the NLNG.

A source in the company however, told Channels Television that members of management, were in Bonny Island for a meeting over the weekend and an official statement would be made after the letter had been studied.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
NPComplete:

Yeah. And so is caring for people. smiley
You are not caring if you give someone who score 25percent a job, over someone who scored 70%.
Except caring now has another meaning.

Anyway, NLNG knows best as it relates to this issue, they will do what is right.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
Prinzofparis:

You are not caring if you give someone who score 25percent a job, over someone who scored 70%.
Except caring now has another meaning.

Anyway, NLNG knows best as it relates to this issue, they will do what is right.

What would we all say if NLNG said they were recruiting based on Discipline? Would we then be offended if they chose someone who scored 25% and happened to be the best performer in Classics a discipline they were seriously looking for as opposed to someone who scored 70 in Mechanical Engineering? Or would we rather have them choose all the 100 from Chemical Engineering who happened to have scored the highest amongst all competing hopefuls?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
airsaylongcon:

What would we all say if NLNG said they were recruiting based on Discipline? Would we then be offended if they chose someone who scored 25% and happened to be the best performer in Classics a discipline they were seriously looking for as opposed to someone who scored 70 in Mechanical Engineering? Or would we rather have them choose all the 100 from Chemical Engineering who happened to have scored the highest amongst all competing hopefuls?
Like I said bro, NLNG knows best, whatever the team decides to use as criteria for screening and/or selection, it must have been working very well for them, so it most likely will work for them yet again. It can only be better by changing and/or modifying a few things since 'continuous improvement' is one of the 10 behaviors of NLNG workforce...modifying the federal character thing can make the team better or it can negatively impact the company's Corporate image and in effect distorting its effort at achieving its mission statement.

All in all, NLNG knows best.....at this point, we are still 'Prospective Trainees', we can't know for sure what is and what is not.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
NPComplete:

Been around bro. I've been trying to forget about NLNG until feedback starts streaming in. But recently I find myself checking this thread over and over again notwithstanding my best attempts at resisting the urge.
I have stopped climbing mountains now. I now do my prayers in the valley. I am planning to start praying on the sea and in the air too just to cover all the bases. You are invited to join me. grin

Lolzzz. .. I'll gladly join
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
scarletdp:

Lolzzz. .. I'll gladly join

Good. We should even start a prayer group. The theme of this week's prayer is OPENING THE GATES OF NLNG BY FIRE!!!!
Prayer!!!
Brother Scarletdp we ought always to pray and not to faint. smiley
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by coolio2014(m): 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
Hallelujah! Let us step forward with faith to possess our NLNG job in Jesus name! Amen! grin

NPComplete:

Good. We should even start a prayer group. The theme of this week's prayer is OPENING THE GATES OF NLNG BY FIRE!!!!
Prayer!!!
Brother Scarletdp we ought always to pray and not to faint. smiley
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
dway4ward:
Management meeting to confirm recruitment process. Congratulations fellow colleagues.

Channels Television.
Updated August 29, 2015
NLNGThe Niger Delta Youth Movement comprising of leaders of youth groups from the Niger Delta, staged a peaceful protest at the office of the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

Their mission according to the protesters led by Niger Delta activist, Ankio Briggs, was to submit a protest letter to register their displeasure over the siting of the Dry Dock outside of the Niger Delta.

This, however, followed an earlier statement signed by the spokesman of the NLNG, Tony Okonedo, which stated that the Dry Dock Ship Yard was not a property of the NLNG but belonged to Badagry Ship and Marine company in Lagos for which the NLNG is a facilitator and not a sponsor.

Though, some officials of the company were on hand to receive the protest letter, no comments had been made yet by the NLNG.

A source in the company however, told Channels Television that members of management, were in Bonny Island for a meeting over the weekend and an official statement would be made after the letter had been studied.
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/08/29/niger-delta-youth-leaders-stage-protest-at-nlng/
Suprised everyone is going on about issues they have no control over whatsoever whilst ignoring a possible heartwarming development.
Brethren NLNG management is having a meeting as we speak. Lord pls count me among the chosen few.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by barbiesparkz2(f): 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
dway4ward:

Channels Television.
Updated August 29, 2015

But I can't find anywhere in the report that NLNG management is meeting to confirm recruitment process.
Still hopeful anyway.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
barbiesparkz2:

But I can't find anywhere in the report that NLNG management is meeting to confirm recruitment process.
Still hopeful anyway.

As in , I wonder ooo
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
barbiesparkz2:

Still hopeful anyway.
Same questiom I had in mind.... NLNG management always attend meerings from time to time
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by barbiesparkz2(f): 11:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
I have noticed that anyone who quotes my posts gets his/her post hidden.
This is the 4th time its happening, 3rd time on this thread.

I would suggest that no one quotes me to avoid these hidden posts.
Thanks.

P.S. Maybe someone else could try and verify, for the 5th time.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 11:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
While the argument for or against the principle of Federal Character is keeping the thread busy, my prayer is that whatsoever method is used; I will meet the requirements and I will be there.

If you are with me on this click like.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by incredu: 12:09am On Aug 30, 2015
Dfavouredone:
While the argument for or against the principle of Federal Character is keeping the thread busy, my prayer is that whatsoever method is used; I will meet the requirements and I will be there.

If you are with me on this click like.

Bros, u get d idea.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by spacyzuma(m): 7:25am On Aug 30, 2015
barbiesparkz2:

Thanks.

Testing...testing...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2015
Hello Barbie
barbiesparkz2:

Thanks.

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 11:57am On Aug 30, 2015
^^What is hiding all these posts?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ladyF(f): 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
barbiesparkz2:

Thanks.

Testing

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.