Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,045 members, 7,807,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1222867 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 12:59am On Apr 24, 2016
lobito007:
OMG! Sighting this thread triggers memories. I was a hopeful until after the SHL test, when I got the 'unsuccessful' mail. Need some insights from you guys. I have always heard this classification of Gas&Power as a business venture. Yes, gas is used in generating power. However, I wish to unravel this: In gas exploration companies like NLNG, what are the career prospects for an Msc degree in Power Engineering (coupled with a B.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering)? Your ever-brilliant contributions are highly anticipated. Thank you.

Okay first, NLNG is not a "gas exploration company" as you said. Basically what they do is receive feed gas from suppliers (the oil and gas companies) and they process, liquefy and export as LNG and natural gas liquids, NGL. Then there's also the LPG branch for the domestic market. Oil and gas companies do the gas exploration and production. But a lot of the time, the gas is that which is produced from oil wells alongside oil unintended (called associated gas, AG) which would have been flared, but then there are dedicated gas wells which the bulk of the feed gas comes from.

Now, the gas to power you are referring to, that has nothing to do with NLNG. The gas power plants in the country are being supplied by the Nigerian Gas Company, NGC, which is a subsidiary of NNPC. They gather, treat, transmit and market natural gas to major industrial facilities like power plants and factories like Dangote's cement plants, which means they operate a network of pipelines. That is in addition to their gas export mandate via pipelines like the West African Gas Pipeline, WAGP, to Ghana, Togo and Benin, and the proposed Trans-Saharan Gas Pipeline to Europe. I think that is where your attention should be. With the MSc you should be looking at the power sector. With your mechanical engineering background you'd want to be at the power plants. Hence power sector, upstream - generation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ladyF(f): 3:10am On Apr 24, 2016
Now, the gas to power you are referring to, that has nothing to do with NLNG. 
I think they use part of their feed gas to generate their own power and supply Bonny too. If dem fit extend this benevolence reach my crib hut, e go make sense. cry

Switlife how market na? .......hehehe grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lobito007(m): 6:22am On Apr 24, 2016
vantage7:

Okay first, NLNG is not a "gas exploration company" as you said. Basically what they do is receive feed gas from suppliers (the oil and gas companies) and they process, liquefy and export as LNG and natural gas liquids, NGL. Then there's also the LPG branch for the domestic market. Oil and gas companies do the gas exploration and production. But a lot of the time, the gas is that which is produced from oil wells alongside oil unintended (called associated gas, AG) which would have been flared, but then there are dedicated gas wells which the bulk of the feed gas comes from.

Now, the gas to power you are referring to, that has nothing to do with NLNG. The gas power plants in the country are being supplied by the Nigerian Gas Company, NGC, which is a subsidiary of NNPC. They gather, treat, transmit and market natural gas to major industrial facilities like power plants and factories like Dangote's cement plants, which means they operate a network of pipelines. That is in addition to their gas export mandate via pipelines like the West African Gas Pipeline, WAGP, to Ghana, Togo and Benin, and the proposed Trans-Saharan Gas Pipeline to Europe. I think that is where your attention should be. With the MSc you should be looking at the power sector. With your mechanical engineering background you'd want to be at the power plants. Hence power sector, upstream - generation.
Oh my! Many thanks for taking out time to make this lengthy contribution. Your knowledge about the industry is quite deep. If I may crave your indulgence of further questions, what in details is power sector, upstream generation? Never heard of that really. Did u mean generation of power for upstream oil and gas operations? Generally, can you please write on the career prospects/functional areas of a power engineer in the oil industry. Again, thanks a bunch.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 7:25am On Apr 24, 2016
Frank Ocean or NLNG, who'll release first?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Switlife: 7:30am On Apr 24, 2016
ladyF:

I think they use part of their feed gas to generate their own power and supply Bonny too. If dem fit extend this benevolence reach my crib hut, e go make sense. cry

Switlife how market na? .......hehehe grin

Lol. Na cross hair cause am.

Who page 294 epp? tongue
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by prelinctus: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2016
@lobito007, kindly send him a direct message. You've already broken 'Rule 1' twice.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 10:05am On Apr 24, 2016
lobito007:

Oh my! Many thanks for taking out time to make this lengthy contribution. Your knowledge about the industry is quite deep. If I may crave your indulgence of further questions, what in details is power sector, upstream generation? Never heard of that really. Did u mean generation of power for upstream oil and gas operations? Generally, can you please write on the career prospects/functional areas of a power engineer in the oil industry. Again, thanks a bunch.

My bad, I only used the fancy word to refer to the generation section of the power sector since it is "upstream" in the value chain but it is rarely used that way. It is mostly just called generation. I really do not know that much about career prospects of power engineers in the oil and gas sector, but ladyF mentioned for instance that NLNG uses part of the feed gas to generate their own power which is true and so do flow stations which are basically field processing facilities for oil and gas, also called production facilities. Part of the gas along the process, termed fuel gas, is used to fire gas generators to generate power for the facility. You might want to look around those areas in the oil and gas industry even though clearly they are auxiliary hence smaller areas compared to what is obtainable within the power generation sector where power generation is the core process. That's all I know. You should probably ask oil and gas industry veterans they might have more for you.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 10:08am On Apr 24, 2016
prelinctus:
@lobito007, kindly send him a direct message. You've already broken 'Rule 1' twice.

It is related abeg. Moreover, he started off thinking what he's looking for has to do with NLNG and what I have done is try to point him in the right direction.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by prelinctus: 10:20am On Apr 24, 2016
vantage7:

It is related abeg. Moreover, he started off thinking what he's looking for has to do with NLNG and what I have done is try to point him in the right direction.
I know but you guys are beginning to spam this thread with this 'power sector' ish. Kindly point him to the Career section.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 11:20am On Apr 24, 2016
Prelinctus Prelinctus! The no-nonsense-taker and prosecutor. Guy u go fit Judge o. I won't be suprised if you are a law graduate. I hail o
prelinctus:
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lobito007(m): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
vantage7:

My bad, I only used the fancy word to refer to the generation section of the power sector since it is "upstream" in the value chain but it is rarely used that way. It is mostly just called generation. I really do not know that much about career prospects of power engineers in the oil and gas sector, but ladyF mentioned for instance that NLNG uses part of the feed gas to generate their own power which is true and so do flow stations which are basically field processing facilities for oil and gas, also called production facilities. Part of the gas along the process, termed fuel gas, is used to fire gas generators to generate power for the facility. You might want to look around those areas in the oil and gas industry even though clearly they are auxiliary hence smaller areas compared to what is obtainable within the power generation sector where power generation is the core process. That's all I know. You should probably ask oil and gas industry veterans they might have more for you.
Well said, bro! Got it! Gracias!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Ezinne1990: 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2016
Passing by......... still sipping tea.

Quarter 3 No??
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by sexyjob(m): 10:00am On Apr 25, 2016
I quit!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lambalamba: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2016

sexyjob:
I quit!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Switlife: 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
lambalamba:
I quit aussi!

ne pas abandonner
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Technocrat12: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
Bad News.!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Ezinne1990: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
Technocrat12:
Bad News.!!!!!!!

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ezinne1990:

Quarter 3 No??

Depends on what you are insinuating will happen if Q3. Your thot?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 8:56am On Apr 26, 2016
Ezinne1990:

Quarter 3 No??

Before or after the next Quarterly Board Meeting most likely third week of July?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Boshemann(m): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
lawisong:
This page still dey? Everlasting NLNG Recruitment of over 3 years ago. I've changed two juicy jobs and this Recruitment is yet to be completed. If u guys get sense make una go find something do and leave NLNG wit their phantom 10 years Recruitment or else ur mates will be thinking of collecting their pension and u'll still be here doing recruitment. cool

A joke I presume?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Ezinne1990: 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
Page 300!!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Ezinne1990: 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
Page 300!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Ezinne1990: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
Page 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by wakama6: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
What's happening in page 300??
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 234GG: 7:21am On Apr 27, 2016
lawisong:
This page still dey? Everlasting NLNG Recruitment of over 3 years ago. I've changed two juicy jobs and this Recruitment is yet to be completed. If u guys get sense make una go find something do and leave NLNG wit their phantom 10 years Recruitment or else ur mates will be thinking of collecting their pension and u'll still be here doing recruitment. cool

Hehehehe; JUICY is very relative.
Am quite sure those that were good enough to still be in this process are more than qualified for most "juicy" jobs in this country and beyond. Anyone who is still an hopeful here without a juicy job at the moment, will just be by chance, not because they no "get sense".
I think it is quite harsh to come here and say people don't have sense. If you have openings for juicy jobs, you can as well share.

Am proud to be on the waiting list, am comfortable with my current juicy job, in a top multinational organisation (One of the biggest across the globe), working hard to reach the peak of my career and looking for more juicy jobs like many other hopefuls.

#WeWait #WeGetSense

17 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 9:15am On Apr 27, 2016
World Bank has raised its 2016 oil price forecast up from the previous level of $37 per barrel to a new height of $41.

http://www.guardian.ng/news/world-bank-raises-2016-oil-price-forecast-to-41-per-barrel/
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 234GG: 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dimdice: 11:28am On Apr 30, 2016
for my 5th post. I think the days of suspense need to be recalled. the wait feels endless without the suspense. especially now that sport seasons are ending

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Ezinne1990: 1:06pm On May 01, 2016
The month of MAY
Impossibilities about to turn into realities...........

Happy New Month Fam

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lambalamba: 1:06am On May 02, 2016
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:14am On May 02, 2016
vantage7:

Very good explanation.

However, NGC is not the only company that supplies gas to power plants and industrial users. Seven Energy (through its subsidiary, Accugas) also does. Among the customers of Seven Energy are Ibom Power Plant, NIPP (Calabar and Alaoji) and industrial users like Unicem (cement) and Notore (fertilizer)
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by sexyjob(m): 7:25am On May 02, 2016
Jarus:

Very good explanation.

However, NGC is not the only company that supplies gas to power plants and industrial users. Seven Energy (through its subsidiary, Accugas) also does. Among the customers of Seven Energy are Ibom Power Plant, NIPP (Calabar and Alaoji) and industrial users like Unicem (cement) and Notore (fertilizer)
Jarus my boss. Find space for me for that Seven Energy abeg. I don quit the wait here. I greet you boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.