Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1222974 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Delgado47: 2:17pm On May 04, 2016
Dfavouredone:

I know there are some dudes who can write a more tightly worded email, but let me just drop this draft so we can start from there.

Good day,

I am one of the successful candidates at the concluded NLNG graduate trainee assessment centre exercise conducted last year.

Please, i wish to humbly request for an update of the recruitment process and a likely time successful candidates will be called. This is to help me manage my plans as this recruitment is central to me at the moment.

Thanks in anticipation of a response.

Best regards,

Dfavouredone.

Modified versions of this can then be use to bombard them (@ their email: Recruitment.Online@nlng.com) by all candidates starting from next week Monday.

I think the twitter option will be more effective, see Babs and the company handle responding nah...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by naastyme(m): 2:42pm On May 04, 2016
Rather than sending multiple emails with the same content and hoping it will irritate them to giving a response (to which of the multiple letters should they respond?), we should be more civil and make a more organised presentation. We could either compose a single email that represents the entire hopefuls (Capturing so in the subject, content and signature) and hope it will carry enough weight to demand a response, agree on someone to make a call on behalf of the group, or post on twitter as suggested by @Delgado47

I see the email option as providing a better opportunity and would better pass the message of a collective decision. All those who agree to participate would "put down their signatures" by providing email addresses (that available with NLNG) that would be cc in the email sent.

I would definitely be the first to provide me email add to be cc-ied after sighting and agreeing with a well written letter to NLNG.

Dfavouredone:

I know there are some dudes who can write a more tightly worded email, but let me just drop this draft so we can start from there.

Good day,

I am one of the successful candidates at the concluded NLNG graduate trainee assessment centre exercise conducted last year.

Please, i wish to humbly request for an update of the recruitment process and a likely time successful candidates will be called. This is to help me manage my plans as this recruitment is central to me at the moment.

Thanks in anticipation of a response.

Best regards,

Dfavouredone.

Modified versions of this can then be use to bombard them (@ their email: Recruitment.Online@nlng.com) by all candidates starting from next week Monday (9/05/2016), or tweet it @nigeriaNLG and @BabsNLNG. We use a combination of the options to send the different versions of the message, including posting it on their FB timeline.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 3:22pm On May 04, 2016
naastyme:
Rather than sending multiple emails with the same content and hoping it will irritate them to giving a response (to which of the multiple letters should they respond?), we should be more civil and make a more organised presentation. We could either compose a single email that represents the entire hopefuls (Capturing so in the subject, content and signature) and hope it will carry enough weight to demand a response, agree on someone to make a call on behalf of the group, or post on twitter as suggested by @Delgado47

I see the email option as providing a better opportunity and would better pass the message of a collective decision. All those who agree to participate would "put down their signatures" by providing email addresses (that available with NLNG) that would be cc in the email sent.

I would definitely be the first to provide me email add to be cc-ied after sighting and agreeing with a well written letter to NLNG.

Uncle pls what are u saying. So we will be “uncivilised” by sending enquiries?

The aim of any bombardment is to gain attention, not just being another mail in their inbox.

Personally I have sent several mails and have received less than 1 response.

Irritate them? Unbelievable. Ideally as candidates we have the right to enquire about the exercise as we pls. Even in their mails they say “For any enquiries, kindly send a mail to….”
Not saying the bombardment will work but we can at least try.
So u want to hide under the umbrella of a “group”. I hope u won’t turn out to be a leader who resorts to forming committees to solve every problem or take any decision.

May fear not dictate my actions in life.

Father let your will be done
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by naastyme(m): 3:34pm On May 04, 2016
Guy, relax. I didn't mean bombarding them isn't a good idea and that you have no right to inquire about your status with regards to the recruitment. What you call "bombard" and what I call "irritate" are one and same thing. God knows they don't respond to email and the only way to hope for a response is when they are forced to. So we are saying the same thing there. There is also nothing "uncivilized" in sending multiple enquiries at the same time, I am only saying it is more civil (which means courteous and polite, not to be misunderstood with civilized) to send a harmonized enquiry. It would be obvious that we conspired to send the enquiries at the same time so why not enquire with a single voice?

Lastly be reminded that what I said is just my opinion of how I THINK it would be better to go about it.

ceetee:

The aim of any bombardment is to gain attention, not just being another mail in their inbox.

Irritate them? Unbelievable. Ideally as candidates we have the right to enquire about the exercise as we pls. Even in their mails they say “For any enquiries, kindly send a mail to….”
So u want to hide under the umbrella of a “group”. I hope u won’t turn out to be a leader who resorts to forming committees to solve every problem or take any decision.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 04, 2016
Y' all should act professional and not send any mail. They have the right to cancel this recruitment- worst they pay some money for the inconveniences. People are getting laid off everyday in the industry. Projects are being shelved/ delayed. You might need to read http://www.punchng.com/delayed-fids-threaten-nigerias-lng-projects/.. Just remain hopeful. Ofcourse, someone in HR is silently following the thread and they know this already. Just keep praying for a better Nigeria.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 04, 2016
ceetee:

you need real training - no yabs intended. Is it wise to keep doing same thing all over with no results? @ second bolded, since you have been doing something as an individual, don't you think you might have your doubts cleared if you to do it as a group/ team. The next question a member of the staff will ask is if you are considering an offer. If yes, he/she may tell you to go ahead, if no, he/she will tell you to wait and perhaps let them know if you have one. The decision makers careless about you, they care about their business.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 6:19pm On May 04, 2016
Shey una don hear? Notwithstanding the frustration, you the cream of the crop should refrain from doing anything uncharacteristic of an elite group that is for all intents and purposes the future of the world-class company that is NLNG.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 6:30pm On May 04, 2016
We can create a twitter handle say @nlngrecruitment2013 and follow Oga babs on twitter. From that handle we drop our enquiry. That way they know it's coming from a collective group and it carries more weight as the top decision maker is directly reached.
I do not think they would blame us for towing this path. If they do that will be quite inconsiderate of them. We just need closure so we can all move on. Like someone said we can't allow fear to rule us now. If they decide to cancel then fine we know it's not meant to be....i'm certain time will heal that disappointment. I only enjoin all of us to never stop believing in ourselves. God has blessed us with tremendous potential. Whether in NLNG or out we would still do great things.

Let's go ahead and do this.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 6:45pm On May 04, 2016
I really don't think contacting them is necessary.

Last we heard they gave us their 'highest assurance' that updates will be sent in 'due course'

Due course can be 6 months or even more

I say just we wait it out and push them to the back of our minds for now.

Prelinctus, if you personally know GTs that have resumed, surely you can give us more info. No?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by prelinctus: 7:21pm On May 04, 2016
Wait, what are y'all afraid of? I dare NLNG to cancel this recruitment.
@nanaf, ceetee already answered your question.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 7:52pm On May 04, 2016
@freeradical it is still OK to engage them subtly and creatively on twitter if the email thing is going down well with us. I think ur idea is good.

@vantage7, I don't think contacting a recruiting firm is anything 'uncharacteristic of an elite group', many have done it on a personal level on other matters and have received reply. The bombardment idea is just to draw the needed attention we crave.

'Highest assurance' and 'in due course' shouldn't stop us from asking a thing if we have to, however in a courteous way.

Quote me, one thing I know for sure, NLNG isn't canceling this recruitment because a candidate contacted them, how hilarious!

However, if the idea of contacting them as a team is unpopular, we can as well patiently hold our peace. Aren't we all in the wait together?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Djbaka(m): 8:28pm On May 04, 2016
Cancel recruitment? Because hopefuls tried to contact them or because they 'appear' to be growing impatient? Lol.. really?

For all I know, Whatever is decided here is only an idea conceived and adopted by a percentage of the whole chunk of hopefuls (going by the 'Click like' survey and somebody's inside story of over 300 left).

Moreover, whatever is done to reach out to them by this percentage can never go wrong, it could even initiate plan for feedback but not cancellation, unless it has been in the pipeline before and the glut of inquiries fast-tracked it, which we all hope doesn't happen... though some people may be forming James Bond. undecided grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 8:33pm On May 04, 2016
@majekdom2 for the sake of reasoning I choose to ignore ur subtle jabs.
@freeradical: great idea let's add more flesh to it.

@all I'm not asking that I be selected or I should resume tomorrow but they should speak to us. For example they can give us reasons for the delay (eg like they did for the elections) can't believe some people are willing to wait in limbo.

In other climes where candidates even ask and get detailed info about their interview performance regardless of whether they were successful or not, I guess they aren't elites or professionals.

A world class establishment like NLNG would not mind our polite enquiries. We need to do away with this slave-master mentality which has been built into us from our societal structure and educational system. Our leaders don't bite the worst they will do is to ignore or say no.
Typical Nigerians we love to complain but do nothing and our superiors know it. If we called for prayers everyone would start praying and even though we get an answer that says we should make enquiries I'm sure most would rather continue praying.
I believe we should be treated the same way the company will like to be treated. That's all

Regardless of the decision we reach I and a fellow hopeful will continue to make our enquiries on as many platforms as we can. I rest my case.

Father as always let ur will be done.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 04, 2016
Comprehension is key. No one says they will cancel the recruitment cause some folks chose to enquire about the status of a recruitment process. A potential employer has the right to place any recruitment process on hold or to cancel for reasons best known to them. As at now, I am sorry the GTS are not of any business need. When the need arises, they will be contacted. It's as simple as this. Creating a handle, bombarding of mails will not make them shift their plans. At this moment GTS are not doing NLNG any favour. They owe no one no shit.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 9:59pm On May 04, 2016
We have seen @Dfavouredone's draft. Any other drafts to compare with if not we go with that. @dane15 could do well in this area. I admire his writing skills.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 10:46pm On May 04, 2016
I see where @prelinctus got his recent skepticism from. On 25th April, someone twitted to Oga babs handle enquiring about the NLNG GT recruitment and the man responded that NLNG had recently contacted participants from the ac with relevant info. He then responded immediately that they will endeavour to provide regular feedback on the progress of the exercise. The enquirer then politely thanked him for his prompt response and went ahead to remind the NLNG boss that the last feedback we got was 3 months ago though we continue to wait.

I think with what this blessed soul has done there is no need for us to send another enquiry to Babs anymore. I believe now that he is already aware and the monitors from HR dept that frequent this site would also know that even on nairaland people are beginning to grow restless on their lack of feedback.

Let's wait and see what happens in the coming days.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 11:11pm On May 04, 2016
freeradical:
I see where @prelinctus got his recent skepticism from. On 25th April, someone twitted to Oga babs handle enquiring about the NLNG GT recruitment and the man responded that NLNG had recently contacted participants from the ac with relevant info. He then responded immediately that they will endeavour to provide regular feedback on the progress of the exercise. The enquirer then politely thanked him for his prompt response and went ahead to remind the NLNG boss that the last feedback we got was 3 months ago though we continue to wait.

I think with what this blessed soul has done there is no need for us to send another enquiry to Babs anymore. I believe now that he is already aware and the monitors from HR dept that frequent this site would also know that even on nairaland people are beginning to grow restless on their lack of feedback.

Let's wait and see what happens in the coming days.

Its very likely that it's not even him posting tweets and it's the same person managing both NLNG and Bab's account. That exact same response was given to the same person when the same question was asked 3months earlier.

No need to read too much into it.

Bombarding with mails or tweets will elicit the same generic response. If they are not ready for us, sadly, there's nothing we can do but wait.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 11:15pm On May 04, 2016
majekdom2:
Comprehension is key. No one says they will cancel the recruitment cause some folks chose to enquire about the status of a recruitment process. A potential employer has the right to place any recruitment process on hold or to cancel for reasons best known to them. As at now, I am sorry the GTS are not of any business need. When the need arises, they will be contacted. It's as simple as this. Creating a handle, bombarding of mails will not make them shift their plans. At this moment GTS are not doing NLNG any favour. They owe no one no shit.

Context is essential. You sounds as though you re against the interest of this thread, though I know u dare not.

Common, we are only brainstorming here on what we could possibly do to help ourselves and if it works, it wasn't going to be for just me, freeradical and ceetee only, is for everyone. If you have a different opinion you, fine but say it constructively.

Again how did u come up with the conclusion of what their business need is and what is not. You have almost know more than Babs himself about when the GTs will be needed lol. Don't jump to hasty conclusion just to make an argument.

You really tried in convincing yourself that NLNG would start a process and invest funds in what is none of their business need for now.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ladyF(f): 6:37am On May 05, 2016
freeradical:
On 25th April, someone twitted to Oga babs handle enquiring about the NLNG GT recruitment and the man responded that NLNG had recently contacted participants from the ac with relevant info. He then responded immediately that they will endeavour to provide regular feedback on the progress of the exercise. The enquirer then politely thanked him for his prompt response and went ahead to remind the NLNG boss that the last feedback we got was 3 months ago though we continue to wait.
hehehe that person is certainly on Nairaland. Notice the "#WeWait"? cheesy Coincidence maybe.

errmmm..... Pre.linctus, was that you tweeting at Oga Babs? grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:38am On May 05, 2016
Dfavouredone:

Context is essential. You sounds as though you re against the interest of this thread, though I know u dare not.

Common, we are only brainstorming here on what we could possibly do to help ourselves and if it works, it wasn't going to be for just me, freeradical and ceetee only, is for everyone. If you have a different opinion you, fine but say it constructively.

Again how did u come up with the conclusion of what their business need is and what is not. You have almost know more than Babs himself about when the GTs will be needed lol. Don't jump to hasty conclusion just to make an argument.

You really tried in convincing yourself that NLNG would start a process and invest funds in what is none of their business need for now.
Bro, I am not against the interest of this thread. In all sincerity, I want the best for the GT hopefuls. This recruitment is not a CSR. It is as per business need. No structured organisation recruits permanent staff if there is no business need for them considering the capital involved- i.e training et all. The CSR positions are usually contracted out. I know of a friend that wrote a test at intels on 2nd April. Would you love to resume and months after you are made redundant. Your mails will not hasten anything. You are not a customer, they are not a retail service provider whose income depends on individual customer feedback. No one says they don't have business need for GTS but not at the moment thus the reason you are yet to hear from them. So, just be hopeful.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by sexyjob(m): 7:59am On May 05, 2016
You guys should try and stay calm. Shift your attention to some other thing. Come back and thank me when the mails come when they would come.#walksoutofthread
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by naastyme(m): 8:00am On May 05, 2016
No one is asking anyone to do a recruitment that they don't have need for. All what's been requested is for NLNG to conclude a recruitment more than two years after its commencement. It started as per business need and not CSR and I don't see why that is now brought up as an issue

majekdom2:
Bro, I am not against the interest of this thread. In all sincerity, I want the best for the GT hopefuls. This recruitment is not a CSR. It is as per business need. No structured organisation recruits permanent staff if there is no business need for them considering the capital involved- i.e training et all. The CSR positions are usually contracted out. I know of a friend that wrote a test at intels on 2nd April. Would you love to resume and months after you are made redundant. Your mails will not hasten anything. You are not a customer, they are not a retail service provider whose income depends on individual customer feedback. No one says they don't have business need for GTS but not at the moment thus the reason you are yet to hear from them. So, just be hopeful.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 234GG: 8:04am On May 05, 2016
vantage7:

Well in that case, why don't they just cancel this recruitment and conduct a fresh one to avoid hiring people who've already lost their zeal for the job and the company at large?

I tell you, what will be will be!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 8:34am On May 05, 2016
freeradical:
We have seen @Dfavouredone's draft. Any other drafts to compare with if not we go with that. @dane15 could do well in this area. I admire his writing skills.

Thanks for your faith in me @freeradical. I like the way we intend to go about the collective protest in a moderate way.

I doubt if NLNG can cancel the recruitment but we must be careful. I have been hearing some rumblings of rain before the end of the 6th month.

It's just that at the moment all these sauces can give person constipation.

My suggested timelines for Protest:

End of Q2-Moderate Request for position of matters through Email. (Twitter will cause bad market and publicity for them, make we leave am for now). Everyone can create an email address with their monikers which will be put in copy. We can create an email address with Online.Recruitment@domain.com which we will use to send the email or 2013 NLNG recruitment@domain.com.

3rd Anniversary- We can move to twitter, create twitter handles matching our monikers and then congratulate them for the longest running recruitment in Nigeria. We can paste the email below on their FB page if we wish:

The Managing Director,
Nigeria LNG Limited
Intels Aba Road Estate
KM 16 Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria

Dear Sir,
RE: FEEDBACK ON GRADUATE TRAINEE RECRUITMENT

We are your prospective GTs and we am writing this letter to you with all humility and due respect believing it will get to you at the top.

Before applying for this job in November 2013 some of us already participated in the NNPC recruitment that stalled since 2012 so we were nonchalant at first about another Nigerian recruitment.

Some of us wrongly believed at the time that most Nigerian companies are birds of the same feather.
Some of us must have been among the last set of people to submit their resumes as we were more interested in sending the advert to our unemployed friends than in applying.

After applying, we read the facts and figures for 2013 and started to see that we made a very right choice by applying. The one that never ceases to touch us is when we read the profiles of the Management team and we are amazed to see a team of very intelligent people that have risen to the top through hard work and a track record of excellence. To know that this crop of the crème de la crème of Nigerian intellects will be the ones steering the company and also be our managers and bosses very soon is nothing short of thrilling.

You sir, started as a Chemistry and Mathematics Teacher to become the NLNG MD. This apparently is not by mistake as one can easily see from your profile that you handled key positions well in the past and made the best out of them, the DMD a very knowledgeable and widely experienced guru, GM- Production-Mr. Chima Isilebo, a man that truly represents excellence from what we have seen on his profile and we are not surprised he is in charge of the plant complex.

The GM-Commercial , Finance, External Relations, HR, NLNG Shipping, General Counsel equally have tremendously intimidating profiles and any of all profiles listed above can be used to motivate countless people anywhere in the world on how to reach the top through an excellent mindset.

This triggered our awareness in your company and after much research, we also found out that NLNG is a truly global company in terms of contribution to the Nigerian economy, community impact and staff welfare.

Our desire to become one of you grew from nonchalance to a wish and then to this big dream of ours.

Because of our keen interest, we have followed details of your announcement on anything financial and we believe that our annual remuneration which most likely is the reason for this delay when converted to USD is too insignificant at the moment relying on facts and figures from your company as a basis. (1USD/305NGN-Parallel market rate).

We also believe that judging from the quality of talents that have been exuded during our discussions on social media that the benefit of us resuming as quickly as possible will eventually exceed the cost even if the target recruits are not scaled down as the market price is cyclical in nature and will not remain at this level for too long.

Sir, it is widely reported that NLNG invested in assets up to the tune of $14bn even in the midst of lowering prices, our salaries at most over 35 years of service will most likely not top $420mn and the fact that with time we will be the ones that will be entrusted to manage the $14bn plus assets speaks volumes about our benefits to NLNG in the long run.

Sir, someone once spoke about this recruitment being debated on a radio and at the moment it seems like we are competing with NNPC for longest running recruitment. We believe we are better than this sir.

We are a global first class truly Nigerian company. We are pacesetters. We believe people should learn from NLNG on how to do things. We would like to appreciate the HR a lot under your guidance on how they have responded to uncertainties in this recruitment ranging from Ebola Virus to Oil price fluctuations.

We want to specially thank you for approving the takeoff of this recruitment and we truly believe that you will listen to our pleas and approve the wrap up of this recruitment.

We hope this gets to you some way, somehow and we hope it makes you smile.

Thanks for taking the pain to read our documented plea.

Your soon to be staff,
NLNG GTs 2013

But for now let's be patient. The patient dog often eats the fattest bones.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:23am On May 05, 2016
dane15:

Thanks for your faith in me @freeradical. I like the way we intend to go about the collective protest in a moderate way.

I doubt if NLNG can cancel the recruitment but we must be careful. I have been hearing some rumblings of rain before the end of the 6th month.

End of Q2-Moderate Request for position of matters through Email. (Twitter will cause bad market and publicity for them, make we leave am for now). Everyone can create an email address with their monikers which will be put in copy. We can create an email address with Online.Recruitment@domain.com which we will use to send the email or 2013 NLNG recruitment@domain.com.

3rd Anniversary- We can move to twitter, create twitter handles matching our monikers and then congratulate them for the longest running recruitment in Nigeria. We can paste the email below on their FB page if we wish:

The Managing Director,
Nigeria LNG Limited
Intels Aba Road Estate

Dear Sir,

We are your prospective GTs and we am writing this letter to you with all humility and due respect believing it will get to you at the top.

Before applying for this job in November 2013 some of us already participated in the NNPC recruitment that stalled since 2012 so we were nonchalant at first about another Nigerian recruitment.

Some of us wrongly believed at the time that most Nigerian companies are birds of the same feather.
Some of us must have been among the last set of people to submit their resumes as we were more interested in sending the advert to our unemployed friends than in applying.

After applying, we read the facts and figures for 2013 and started to see that we made a very right choice by applying. The one that never ceases to touch us is when we read the profiles of the Management team and we are amazed to see a team of very intelligent people that have risen to the top through hard work and a track record of excellence. To know that this crop of the crème de la crème of Nigerian intellects will be the ones steering the company and also be our managers and bosses very soon is nothing short of thrilling.

You sir, started as a Chemistry and Mathematics Teacher to become the NLNG MD. This apparently is not by mistake as one can easily see from your profile that you handled key positions well in the past and made the best out of them, the DMD a very knowledgeable and widely experienced guru, GM- Production-Mr. Chima Isilebo, a man that truly represents excellence from what we have seen on his profile and we are not surprised he is in charge of the plant complex.

The GM-Commercial , Finance, External Relations, HR, NLNG Shipping, General Counsel equally have tremendously intimidating profiles and any of all profiles listed above can be used to motivate countless people anywhere in the world on how to reach the top through an excellent mindset.

This triggered our awareness in your company and after much research, we also found out that NLNG is a truly global company in terms of contribution to the Nigerian economy, community impact and staff welfare.

Our desire to become one of you grew from nonchalance to a wish and then to this big dream of ours.

Because of our keen interest, we have followed details of your announcement on anything financial and we believe that our annual remuneration which most likely is the reason for this delay when converted to USD is too insignificant at the moment relying on facts and figures from your company as a basis. (1USD/305NGN-Parallel market rate).

We also believe that judging from the quality of talents that have been exuded during our discussions on social media that the benefit of us resuming as quickly as possible will eventually exceed the cost even if the target recruits are not scaled down as the market price is cyclical in nature and will not remain at this level for too long.

Sir, it is widely reported that NLNG invested in assets up to the tune of $14bn even in the midst of lowering prices, our salaries at most over 35 years of service will most likely not top $420mn and the fact that with time we will be the ones that will be entrusted to manage the $14bn plus assets speaks volumes about our benefits to NLNG in the long run.

Sir, someone once spoke about this recruitment being debated on a radio and at the moment it seems like we are competing with NNPC for longest running recruitment. We believe we are better than this sir.

We are a global first class truly Nigerian company. We are pacesetters. We believe people should learn from NLNG on how to do things. We would like to appreciate the HR a lot under your guidance on how they have responded to uncertainties in this recruitment ranging from Ebola Virus to Oil price fluctuations.

We want to specially thank you for approving the takeoff of this recruitment and we truly believe that you will listen to our pleas and approve the wrap up of this recruitment.

Your soon to be staff,
NLNG GTs 2013

I didn't want to mention the post u quoted me with. When you get to the management level, you will understand why staffing and recruitment is very important in an organisation. I ll advice again. Do not make the decision makers have another thought about the calibre of graduates they are taking in. Like they read your post and are like " how did this young man get to this level ". There are loads of redundant statements in this draft. I ll point a few. @ first bolded : you just talked down a company with a main stake in NLNG and other Nigerian companies. We all know the Nigerian factor but you do not need to highlight it in a professional correspondence the way you just did @ second bolded ; how did you come to conclude renumeration is a most likely reason this is being delayed. Have you had another thought if it is the projects you guys need to work on that is being delayed or shelved. You should be thinking more about the job responsibilities than the pay. Going down the records, NLNG bring in guys when there is a new project. They will contact you when they are ready.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 10:14am On May 05, 2016
I have said it before and still stand by it: This delay can't be about our remuneration packages. It has to be something much bigger and much more consequential. This is a multi-billion dollar company and it's not like they are employing a thousand GTs. Something relating to long-term strategic planning which includes major projects sounds much more plausible to me. And think not that they don't know that this process has dragged on for way longer than it should. Trust me, they know.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 10:53am On May 05, 2016
My dear friend, if you notice, we have said the same thing but in different ways. It is good to read a post but better still when you fully understand the spirit of the post.
In spite of my draft epistle, I advocated patience and it is not as if everyone has even ratified the email yet.
First step is: Agreement on the details of the email.
Second Step: Everyone in agreement creates e-mail with their Moniker.
Third Step: E-mail is sent with everyone‘s moniker in copy. If you notice it is supposed to be a moderately worded e-mail and I see no reason why they will be averse to this.
This is supposed to be after Q2. About 10 Quarters after the advert. If people want to ask about the status of the recruitment in a Polite way I think they should be allowed to do so.
Then by November 2016, about 11 Quarters after, people can use their monikers to protest if they wish to on twitter. This is not the best solution but I really pray it doesn’t get to that.
I do not however believe that they will use the results of the protest to punish everyone including others who are not on social media. It will be totally anti-caring and against everything they represent.
About the NNPC issue, you can give us a reworded draft. In life there are 3 categories of people the “starters”, “the critiquers” and “the finishers”. The starters bring initiative to the table, the finishers complete it and “the critiquers” just do what their names suggest.
Whenever I have the privilege to be in a meeting, I always suggest no one critiques an idea without replacing it with a better one. A lot of people shout down an idea without any other reason than that the idea is bad.
Finally, there is a reason why staff recruitment is an investment decision and don’t you talk about the issue not being money. Every business is created to make profit no matter how caring their mission statement is.
Please let’s all be patient, I hear the rumblings of rain.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 11:00am On May 05, 2016
I
dane15:

The Managing Director,
Nigeria LNG Limited
Intels Aba Road Estate

Dear Sir,

Your soon to be staff,
NLNG GTs 2013

The bolded sections are quite good and your write up is fantastic although I agree with @majekdom2 on the need to be courteous on how we refer to one of their parent companies and not talk about our salaries because we really can't say for sure if that's what is stalling the process and we don't want to create that impression that we take decisions based on mere speculation rather than fact. From the two bolded parts we can make a more concise mail and conclude by seeking for re-assurance that we have not been forgotten and if possible a reason behind the current delay.

I also agree that we chill a bit say till end of June before embarking on this.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 11:10am On May 05, 2016
dane15:

In life there are 3 categories of people the “starters”, “the critiquers” and “the finishers”. The starters bring initiative to the table, the finishers complete it and “the critiquers” just do what their names suggest.
Whenever I have the privilege to be in a meeting, I always suggest no one critiques an idea without replacing it with a better one. A lot of people shout down an idea without any other reason than that the idea is bad.

This has really baffle me since this line of discussion ensue, but i couldn't have said it better like you did. Thanks so much bro for your constructive contribution thus far.

freeradical:

The active consensus now seems to be that the idea isn't a bad idea, but we should wait till end of June to see the turn of things before executing anything. Good one guys. wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 11:16am On May 05, 2016
freeradical:
IThe bolded sections are quite good and your write up is fantastic although I agree with @majekdom2 on the need to be courteous on how we refer to one of their parent companies and not talk about our salaries because we really can't say for sure if that's what is stalling the process and we don't want to create that impression that we take decisions based on mere speculation rather than fact. From the two bolded parts we can make a more concise mail and conclude by seeking for re-assurance that we have not been forgotten and if possible a reason behind the current delay.

So @majekdom2, freeradical and vantage7, please help reword these paragraphs so that we can have something more polite or should we simply expunge?

Secondly, can we have two or three more options so that we can compare. Let's not limit ourselves to this one.

"Before applying for this job in November 2013 some of us already participated in the NNPC recruitment that stalled since 2012 so we were nonchalant at first about another Nigerian recruitment. "

"Because of our keen interest, we have followed details of your announcement on anything financial and we believe that our annual remuneration which most likely is the reason for this delay when converted to USD is too insignificant at the moment relying on facts and figures from your company as a basis. (1USD/305NGN-Parallel market rate)".

"Sir, someone once spoke about this recruitment being debated on a radio and at the moment it seems like we are competing with NNPC for longest running recruitment. We believe we are better than this sir".
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 11:49am On May 05, 2016
ladyF:

hehehe that person is certainly on Nairaland. Notice the "#WeWait"? cheesy Coincidence maybe.

errmmm..... Pre.linctus, was that you tweeting at Oga Babs? grin
That could never have been our own prelinctus making that enquiry. The person sounded way too nice and polite to be our guy grin grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 11:59am On May 05, 2016
freeradical:
That could never have been our own prelinctus making that enquiry. The person sounded way too nice and polite to be our guy grin grin

Critic

A Critic is someone who finds fault with something and expresses an unfavorable opinion.
The word Critic came into English by way of latin, tracing back to the greek word krinein, meaning “judge, decide.”

If you’re a Critic, you’re essentially judging something — and finding it lacking. Critic can be used broadly to describe any person expressing an unfavorable view, but there are professional Critics as well, such as people who review movies or music. In that context, the word describes someone who thoughtfully assesses something, either favorably or negatively.

Primary Meanings of Critic
1. Someone who frequently finds fault or makes harsh and unfair judgments

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.