Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge (40861 Views)

Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? / Pills Without Husband Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by funkybaby(f): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
texaco1:
then be ready to marry as many men as possible , because no sensible man will take that from you , except he is banging somebody else outside and doesn't care a hoot about you or what you do

***yawns****

3 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
forgive her and accept her....all u have to do is to use the house for rent.. so both of u won't live there....
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by MyJwell: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
funkybaby: why do i need my man's permission before i build a house

of course i will inform him before i start but that does not constitute seeking his permission.

its my hard earned money and i can spend it however it pleases me angry angry as long as I do not put my finances or the family in jeopardy

can you just imagine this line of reasoning?....I pity the man who will be unfortunate enough to be your husband.

10 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by gbanikiti(m): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2013
texaco1:
then be ready to marry as many men as possible , because no sensible man will take that from you , except he is banging somebody else outside and doesn't care a hoot about you or what you do
there's nothing wrong in a woman building houses and acquiring properties. Maybe the posters wife felt he would not approve it. To me,I don't need anyone's permission to build houses. Its my personal decision.

6 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2013
Messilo: @op Mitchewwwwww to you, you expect kids here that have not marry before, that have no experience whatsoever; to advise you matrimonially mitcccccchhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeewwwwww to you again.
my dear you're senseless
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2013

of course i will inform him before i start but that does not constitute seeking his permission.

its my hard earned money and i can spend it however it pleases me angry angry as long as I do not put my finances or the family in jeopardy

If that is the norm in their home then no wahala. But she can't just change the rules whenever she likes.

I've seen families when the husbands had his own investments and the wife has hers . . . it works for them that way and nobody complains.

If she knew she was doing the right thing, why did she keep it a secret from her husband . . . . afterall it's her own money abi?

7 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by nekkyo(f): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
I will advise you to work with your family to resolve the issue but confront and report the priest depending on the facts you find out, especially his notion for embarking on marriage breakage mission. Personally between you and your wife alone have a long chat on the betrayal and insist on paternity test, looks can be deceptive if you rely on the fact that your kids are your look alike.

Generally people should concentrate more on worshipping God, loving others and rendering helps to the needy other than turning their priest, pastors etc. to their demi gods. I have come close to people who are supposed men of God and priest for that matter, most of them are materialistic and filthy.
Heaven at last should be our main aim!!!.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2013

You will surely end up single!

8 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by didicold(f): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Sell wetin, talk to her and sort out ur issues, habe ur mom and dad talk tohers if u av to. Y is it a problem for her to av a house in her name apart from d secrecy, its called having a back up plan. Nigerian marital laws courts and traditional law do not favor women in d advent of divorce or widowhood,.

3 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by freakcin: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
LMAO @ smartchoice! grin Truth is bitter though. That's why smartchoice drew some ire on here.

@ OP, if a woman you call your wife deliberately withheld such info from you then you need to be worried. Even disengaging her from your life calls for great caution.

Nor mind all these peeps wey dey tell u sey. . . work it out oooh! They won't even come and pay last respect when u kpai b4 your allotted time. . . yes ooooh, that could happen considering the guts she's demonstrated thus far.

Tactfully part ways with her and confirm your paternity regarding the kids! lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by texaco1: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
gbanikiti: there's nothing wrong in a woman building houses and acquiring properties. Maybe the posters wife felt he would not approve it. To me,I don't need anyone's permission to build houses. Its my personal decision.
you are not getting the point , the man is not angry that his wife is rich or making progress in life , what is paining and hurting the man is that she betrayed his trust by doing what she did without informing him , if she had informed him and he refused but yet she went ahead that is another issue , but living , sleeping and eating with a woman that is building a house and yet she says nothing about it is LIKE SLEEPING WITH YOUR ENEMY , she can even kill the man if told to do so by the same people that told her not to inform her husband about the building project

3 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Ishilove: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
smartchoice: No man deserves to be treated like that!
Outta your life send her immediately...but wait plot it well, don't confront her @ all...till you're ready to send her packing....BTW check your children's paternity...urgently I TRUST NO MAN OF GOD!..... sad Confirm and be sure they're your children n not the Father (no one is a reverend!)
Stop eating her food or drinks....POISON 101,
So it is easy to just send the mother of your children and a woman you have spent ten years of your life with packing just like that abi? Is that how they handle marital issues in your village.

It is very obvious you are not married. Shior

4 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Chatters(f): 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2013

Well said wink

3 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by funkybaby(f): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
nayef:

You will surely end up single!

***rubs baby bump while flashing fourth finger on the left hand with 18carat diamond ring*** cool

6 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by holdit: 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
Law-confessor:
Nawa oo! Dis one na real yawa.

One can say affirmatively dat d rev MAY be having an affair wif her already.

As it stands now, its beyond wot u alone can handle- i do not c it as a bad idea at dis juncture to involve som certain ppl,<strong> lik d rev. in ur current parish,</strong> urs/her close relatives.

I must commend u for not finkin d "grin" word for d sake of ur kids.

Pray Hard too n may Holy Mother Mary Intercede for U.

I can see from your comment that you either attend redeemed christian church of God or Celestial Church of Christ.

@op Takeheart......
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Chatters(f): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
gbanikiti: there's nothing wrong in a woman building houses and acquiring properties. Maybe the posters wife felt he would not approve it. To me,I don't need anyone's permission to build houses. Its my personal decision.
kiss

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by gokuu(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
Building a house is an investment. As long as she built the house with her own money, i do not see any problem with it. it's not 1913 anymore. must she submit her investment plans for authorization?

6 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by j4sure(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
1. You need to really pray about d issue. talk 2 God about it. 2. Ask her one on one what she was really upto? 3. talk 2 ur children abt it seek their opinions. 4. if she has anybody she really respect(uncle,bros,sister) talk them abt it.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Etumgbe(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
the POPE must hear this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by ibsals(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
2ndChance: I have seen similar threads on this topic before but never imagined it could happen in my marriage.
My wife and I have been married for about 10 years now and we have been blessed with both male and female children. For the first 7yrs of the marriage, I earned about 8x my wife's salary and everything was sweet and rosy. We were the envy of most families with houses and landed properties both in the village and the city where we live. But about 4yrs ago, my wife got a better job which made her salary slightly higher than mine. But more importantly, the new job gave her access to bulk money by way of loans, grants, etc and ever since, my family has never been the same again. My wife suddenly became unruly, she doesn't consult me on any issue concerning the family again. I have sat her down on countless occasions to know what the problem is but she refused to say what is responsible for her sudden change in attitude. Even when I seek her opinion on projects concerning the family, she shows indifference most times. I then resolved to continue to engage her and be as open as I can hoping that things would improve and indeed I really noticed some slight improvement. But when I was about to settle down and relax, I got the shocker of my life -my wife had built and completed a building without my knowledge! As if that was not shocking enough, I later found out that the man who has been fronting for her on the said project is the same Priest (Reverend Father) that joined us in holy matrimony!!!
I am really confused right now, having mood swings between laughing and angry at the same time. I just don't know how to handle this.
u are still asking when you know what to do. Send her away immediately
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by nbright: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ujujoan:

I'll give you an instance, when I first got married, I confided in a 'friend' of mine about a habit of hubby's I detested. She pushed me into doing something I never would have done, something that almost crumbled my young marriage but for the love of God. What opened my eyes (and I think that was God's way of helping me out of that dilemma) was when I saw this 'friend's husband doing the same thing I complained to her about, even worse than my husband.

This so-called 'friend' who was advising me on how to 'handle' my husband was doing absolutely nothing about her own husband.

At that point I did a 360 degree turn . . . I apologized to my husband about the way I was handling it and today, by God's grace, he has completely dropped that habit . . . . not for anything I did, but out of his own personal resolve to stop it because it made me unhappy.

360 degree... That means you still do the same things..

3 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Lilimax(f): 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
Salligreen:

See, this is complicated and not about forgiveness but discipline. Your wife exchanged gifts with a priest and a different priest helped her build a house without your knowledge! Begging for forgiveness after the deed is done is useless, time for you to stamp your authority as a man. And are you sure you didn't maltreat her when you earned more than her? Also, you don't have to sell her house, maybe you guys guy turn it to a family investment and manage it together
You seem to be too religious, you need to stop believing too much in these priests. Its time for you to change some things about yourself, start going to other places to have fun besides the church (don't fornicate!). You've been a good guy for too long and like they say good guys always come last!
the highlighted cracked me up grin grin
What else can I say... will give it a try undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by texaco1: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ishilove:
So it is easy to just send the mother of your children and a woman you have spent ten years of your life with packing just like that abi? Is that how they handle marital issues in your village.

It is very obvious you are not married. Shior

if the op sends her away , people will say he is not in suport of his wife progress ,like i said , the op just needs to keep calm at this moment , he should try to maintain his composure , that is when he will see everything clearly but one thing is evident here , the op and his in laws are not on good terms.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
nbright: 360 degree... That means you still do the same things..

No . .. it means a full turn
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by funkybaby(f): 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
Chatters:

Well said wink

thank you jare.

some people here are something else.

so i need my man's PERMISSION before i build a house?

what about splashing money on a new car or victoria secret lingerie? do i also need his permission for that? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by texaco1: 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
@op ,
have you spoken to your father in law about this and what was his reaction or response ?just asking undecided
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Johnchike(m): 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
FlamingGun: You have received very good advice from most contributors to this thread.

FORGIVENESS IS KEY.

But you should also find out WHY she feels so insecure about sharing critical information with you.

Could it be that she cannot trust your judgment, or is not quite comfortable at your reaction?

Have you in the past abused the privileged information she shared with you?

Many here have blamed the priest. Perhaps dialogue with him in the presence of your wife would clarify things. Could he have acted with the understanding that you were aware of the project?

Please give your wife even more love during this critical period of your relationship. She will not respond well to bullying from you. Genuinely try to LISTEN to her fears and concerns, and address them calmly and maturely. You can actually turn this round into something very positive.

I wish you and your wife the very best.

FG
FlamingGun: You have received very good advice from most contributors to this thread.

FORGIVENESS IS KEY.

But you should also find out WHY she feels so insecure about sharing critical information with you.

Could it be that she cannot trust your judgment, or is not quite comfortable at your reaction?

Have you in the past abused the privileged information she shared with you?

Many here have blamed the priest. Perhaps dialogue with him in the presence of your wife would clarify things. Could he have acted with the understanding that you were aware of the project?

Please give your wife even more love during this critical period of your relationship. She will not respond well to bullying from you. Genuinely try to LISTEN to her fears and concerns, and address them calmly and maturely. You can actually turn this round into something very positive.

I wish you and your wife the very best.

FG
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by gabbytabby: 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
The only logical reason that could make wifey do this is if you do have extra marital affairs and she does not know if she can trust you to always be there or to get rid of her when she gets older. Its a way of securing her future, it could also be that her father left when she was young and her mother has been drumming into her ears how she cant trust men.

Whatever the reason its a sense of her insecurity and not a reason to spoil an otherwise good marriage for. If anything she needs your help, love and reassurance that you are in this for the long haul and you need her to know that you have her back and she need not feel the need to hide it from you and that it is the trust issue that is a concern for you. At least she used the money for a good thing.

You might want to find out if the priest/father is the father. I have first hand knowledge growing up of a girlfriend whose boyfriend is a catholic priest and dont know why they dont quit all this pretense and marry.

On the permission issue, I always read it as tell. Some people take this too seriously and I dont tend to sweat the small stuff. Marriage is about helping each other to be the best that we can be and if someone has a problem with you trying to do a good thing obviously I wont tell them about the next one.

5 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by MyJwell: 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
funkybaby:

***rubs baby bump while flashing fourth finger on the left hand with 18carats diamond ring*** cool

seriously praying to intercede on your behalf to be opportune to wear that diamond for a longer time...with your line of reasoning

6 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by slimikenna(m): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2013

are you married? let me guess, NO YOU ARE NOT.

5 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by king100(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2013

Are you married? If yes, your marriage may not last based on your comment.That is why there are countless marriageable women outside there always looking good husbands.Some will never find because God knows their wicked intentions,let them fast and pray till kingdom come, nothing will happen.They will seek but not find.

5 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
smartchoice: No man deserves to be treated like that!
Outta your life send her immediately...but wait plot it well, don't confront her @ all...till you're ready to send her packing....BTW check your children's paternity...urgently I TRUST NO MAN OF GOD!..... sad Confirm and be sure they're your children n not the Father (no one is a reverend!)
Stop eating her food or drinks....POISON 101,
grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked
HABATICALLY!!! thats too drastic o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Is She A Wife Material? / I See My Wife As Another Man's Wife. / RRS Operatives Rescue Stranded Girl On Third Mainland Bridge (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.