Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:39 PM

SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m (8222 Views)

Alleged Fake Soldier Docked For Swindling Job Seekers Of N1m / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by vizboy(m): 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
A self-proclaimed informant for the Directorate of State Security, Okon Ntiedo, has been arrested for swindling over 50 unemployed persons from Cross River and Akwa Ibom states of N3.5m, under the guise of securing federal appointments for them.

The 27-year-old suspect, who was arrested on Thursday at a drinking spot in the Afokang area of Calabar South, is currently being detained at the Mbukpa Police Station in Calabar.

Ntiedo had allegedly promised to secure employment for the victims at the Nigeria Customs Service, Nigeria Immigration Service, National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency, Nigeria Prisons Service and other federal parastatals.

He was said to have collected between N100, 000 and N250, 000 from the victims under the pretence that it would be used to process their forms and lobby officials in the Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs.

When PUNCH Metro visited the police station on Monday, Ntiedo confessed that he had collected various sums of money from the victims but alleged that the total money collected was N2m and not N3.5m.

He said he had worked in collaboration with a medical officer in the Nigeria Air Force, who is based in Kaduna, and a personal assistant in the ministry of internal affairs (names withheld).

Ntiedo said he was willing to pay back the money to the victims, but added that other “partners” would have to bring what he had transferred to them through their accounts.

He also said he had worked as an informant for the SSS since 2007, although he did not have any official identity card from the directorate.

Ntiedo said, “I have been working for the SSS since 2007 as an informant and have been posted to various parts of the country to monitor one activity or the other.

“I have also worked with the other suspects and we have maintained constant interactions. We have been working together based on agreed percentage.”

An Akwa Ibom State indigene, who was a victim, said he was introduced to Ntiedo by the air force personnel.

The 40-year-old victim, who pleaded anonymity, said, “I have known the air force official for more than 10 years. I didn’t have any cause to doubt him when he introduced Ntiedo to me.

“We rallied round our communities, gathered our sons and daughters, who are unemployed and those who did not have good jobs. We took a loan with an expectation of getting the jobs.

“Ntiedo told us on the telephone that the appointment would be available by September but September came and passed, no sign of anything. We started investigations and discovered that the suspect was staying in Calabar, Cross River State.

“He was just sending text messages to us to pay in money into three accounts and we kept on paying. Our tellers are with us and we have given copies to the police.”

Another victim, who identified himself as Emmanuel, said, “Initially I paid N100, 000 to an account belonging to the younger brother of the air force personnel, but his younger brother (name withheld) later died.

“When the brother died, I called the air force man with the deceased’s phone and he (personnel) told me that he will take up the project personally but that I should call Ntiedo and pay an additional N75,000 which I did. Unfortunately, nothing was done about the employment.”

When contacted, the Cross River State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Hogan Bassey, confirmed the story, saying the suspect had been arrested.

He said, “The information is correct and there is no attempt to release Ntiedo from detention because investigations are continuing. When we are through, he will be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigations. He is not an employee of the SSS; we have confirmed that. His so called residential address is still in doubt.”

Source:www.informng.com/sss-informant-defrauds-50-job-seekers-of-n3-5m/
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Annie2gud(f): 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2013
Some ppl are conscienceless.Trust some ppl@ur own peril.
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Confirmbabe(f): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2013
sad It's a real wa.
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Lucaskid(m): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by nnocurruption: 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
na wa some people wicked oh person when de find work when de already frustrated you come de dupe am join choi Nigerian scammers no get human sympathy see wickedness.
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by stephano100(m): 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
9ja i hail thee
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by ednut1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pple will still keep paying for jobs, and later go to church to give testimony hahahaha yeye rollin

3 Likes

Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Fresia01(f): 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
Abeg wia can i locate nairaland prison, dat guy nidz 2 cool off dia with seun's watchful eyes on hm!
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by tmtech: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
For naija.......the fact that u are poor makes u more Susceptible....#SMH

5 Likes

Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by godwinony(m): 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
ah NAIJIRIYA!
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by GeneralJ(m): 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
i wonder why some Nigerians are so gullible in this day and age, they still pay people to acquire them jobs in government agencies, instead of paying these people, the 100,000 you will use , wouldn't it be better as an investment, even if its to sell groundnut garri or rice, isn't that some money at least...

2 Likes

Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by 234GT(m): 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
All those who paid money to the guy should also be arrested. If there are no buyers, there won't be sellers.

4 Likes

Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by raphael4u2c: 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Choi. Na wa oh.
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by nerodenero: 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joblessness has made people so desperate that any co.ck ad bull stories towards seeking jobs get them deceived. Government needs to address this issue speedily.
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Fazhy: 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
A self-proclaimed informant for the Directorate of State Security, Okon Ntiedo, has been arrested for swindling over 50 unemployed persons from Cross River and Akwa Ibom states of N3.5m, under the guise of securing federal appointments for them.

Why is fraud so common in Nigeria?

Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by emmadejust(m): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
its well oo. money no dey but u get d one to sought out things.
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by quality01(m): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
Naija graduates tire me ooo. With N250,000 they can not think of something tangible to start with.
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by GeneralJ(m): 12:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
Fazhy:

Lemme go and consult the oracle be right back
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Henrypraise: 12:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
This is d reason y one should always watch were dey put deir money because dere re desperate pple look 4 ways to loot pple...just be careful
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by yuzedo: 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
this boy is a this-grace and have given d rest of us a bad names in dis buisness. Yes I do dis runs to but mine is 105.64% REAL. If u pay N100000 I can make u to be a vice govnore of any state u chose. A try will convice u. Tenk 4 ur patronage. Sign - sweetus success agency, nigeria limmyted.

8 Likes

Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by lastmessenger: 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
Smh for nigerian youths and their desperation to get employed.why not use the money to start a business and grow it into a multinational biz
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Willgates(m): 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
ehyah ah!
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by alotofgrace(m): 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
yehpah!!!

1 Like

Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by DonaldGenes(m): 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
234GT: All those who paid money to the guy should also be arrested. If there are no buyers, there won't be sellers.

Seconded! Those paying for it should as well be arrested since they both commit the same offence punishable under section blablablah constitution..lobbish
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Lilimax(f): 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
vizboy: He was said to have collected between N100, 000 and N250, 000 from the victims under the pretence that it would be used to process their forms and lobby officials in the Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Fraud everywhere angry?

People should not be so desperate when looking for job else you'll be
defrauded undecided.
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Willgates(m): 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
yuzedo: this boy is a this-grace and have given d rest of us a bad names in dis buisness. Yes I do dis runs to but mine is 105.64% REAL. If u pay N100000 I can make u to be a vice govnore of any state u chose. A try will convice u. Tenk 4 ur patronage. Sign - sweetus success agency, nigeria limmyted.

guys,his telling the throat! with only N100000 u can become a governors of any states in igboland. it is for both a inthegenes n a a non-inthegenes! lmao
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
Fazhy:

Is this guy sick?
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Lilimax(f): 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Is this guy sick?
And what's wrong with the question angry?
Re: SSS ‘Informant’ Defrauds Job Seekers Of N3.5m by Dpeacemaker101: 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
So Emmanuel you get that kin money, na him you no find small business set up. Na you Bleep up pass.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN / Difference Between Marketing Exec, Sales Rep, And Health/Medical Rep? / Distributors And Resellers Wanted For NAFDAC Certified Packaged Foods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.