Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Nigerians Will Witness Partial Solar Eclipse On Sunday - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerians Will Witness Partial Solar Eclipse On Sunday (714 Views)

Nigeria To Experience Lunar Eclipse On September 28 / Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse / Nigeria To Experience A Solar Eclipse On November 3rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Will Witness Partial Solar Eclipse On Sunday by endowedbukkiee(f): 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-X8Me8o15NJo/Um_CXcCUYvI/AAAAAAAAC3w/b80ZUPOSo9A/s320/eclipse.jpg[/img]
The Director General, National Space Research and Development Agency, Dr. Seidu Mohammed, claims that on Sunday Nigerians will witness a partial or even total solar eclipse.
Mohammed made this known at the briefing in Abuja. He urged Nigerians not to panic over the course of the eclipse.
According to his words, the eclipse will be seen across the country and in the West African sub-region.
"Different cultures have different reactions to them. There is no course for alarm." - he stated.
Mohammed assures people that they don't need to worry about GSM operation - it will continue to work. Other things, as he said, will also be normal.
"Cities by cities will be reported in Nigeria, where the eclipse will be; partial eclipse or total eclipse. People should continue with their normal business. Because of partial rays, people should use their sun glasses."
Source : http:///C2jqI
Re: Nigerians Will Witness Partial Solar Eclipse On Sunday by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2013
i remember when elclispe happend the last time, i was in jss1, i was so scared! I could nt sleep on the eve! I actually thought the world was going to end!
Re: Nigerians Will Witness Partial Solar Eclipse On Sunday by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
great!
Re: Nigerians Will Witness Partial Solar Eclipse On Sunday by docjuli(m): 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
I will view it with a bucket. grin

(1) (Reply)

Protecting The Eyes From The Pc's Brightness / Great Blogging Tips And Tricks / Windows 10’s New Browser Will Have The Most Advanced Features Ever! 8-)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.