Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

"I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." (1430 Views)

Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. / Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
"I know I'm a sinner, but I confess my sins to God daily. I tell Him that I'm sorry and I won't sin again."

If you find yourself in court with a $50,000 fine, will a judge let you go simply because you say you're sorry and you won't commit the crime again? Of course not. You should be sorry for breaking the law and, of course, you shouldn't commit the crime again. But only when someone pays your $50,000 fine will you be free from the demands of the law. God will not forgive a sinner on the basis that he is sorry. Of course we should be sorry for sin—we have a conscience to tell us that adultery, rape, lust, murder, hatred, lying, stealing, etc., are wrong. And of course we shouldn't sin again. However, God will only release us from the demands for eternal justice on the basis that someone else paid our fine. Two thousand years ago, Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for the sins of the world. His words on the cross were, "It is finished!" In other words, the debt has been paid in full. All who repent and trust in Him receive forgiveness of sins. Their case is dismissed on the basis of His suffering death.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 28 October 2013 at 06:00

4 Likes

Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by plaetton: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU: "I know I’m a sinner, but I confess my sins to God daily. I tell Him that I’m sorry and I won’t sin again."

If you find yourself in court with a $50,000 fine, will a judge let you go simply because you say you’re sorry and you won’t commit the crime again? Of course not. You should be sorry for breaking the law and, of course, you shouldn't commit the crime again. But only when someone pays your $50,000 fine will you be free from the demands of the law. God will not forgive a sinner on the basis that he is sorry. Of course we should be sorry for sin—we have a conscience to tell us that adultery, rape, lust, murder, hatred, lying, stealing, etc., are wrong. And of course we shouldn't sin again. However, God will only release us from the demands for eternal justice on the basis that someone else paid our fine. Two thousand years ago, Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for the sins of the world. His words on the cross were, “It is finished!” In other words, the debt has been paid in full. All who repent and trust in Him receive forgiveness of sins. Their case is dismissed on the basis of His suffering death.

So where lies your personal responsibility in life?
To say thank you Jesus for paying your fine for you?

Christianity is unique in this regard because it is the only religion that removes personal responsibility from an individual because another person has supposedly covered it.
I am sorry bros, but that looks like a joke of a religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by MyJoe: 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2013
plaetton:

Christianity is unique in this regard because it is the only religion that removes personal responsibility from an individual because another person has supposedly covered it.

Unique it is.

1 Like

Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
And the death of Jesus is useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for the sins of the world

my brother, the biblical character called jesus was killed by the authorities for blasphemy and impersonation. he had a chance to be pardoned but the citizens prefer barnabas. he was severely tortured that he even asked the soldiers for water to drink, etc.
something caught my attention in that story, the moment a nearby crucified criminal asked jesus what i see as the the most levelheaded(atheistic) question of that era. "if you said you are god, why don't you free us and free yourself? maybe king james and co did not include his response to that question, or i didnt read it well. the entire story got me laughing again when the other theist criminal scolded the questioner and ask jesus for forgiveness of sin, jesus then promised to be with him in paradise the same day, meanwhile the end story said jesus died the same day and descended into hell.
religion is really funny.
emancipate yourself from mental slavery, non but ourselves can free our mind.
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

FOLYKAZE:

Dr. Joe:

my brother, the biblical character called jesus was killed by the authorities for blasphemy and impersonation. he had a chance to be pardoned but the citizens prefer barnabas. he was severely tortured that he even asked the soldiers for water to drink, etc.
something caught my attention in that story, the moment a nearby crucified criminal asked jesus what i see as the the most levelheaded(atheistic) question of that era. "if you said you are god, why don't you free us and free yourself? maybe king james and co did not include his response to that question, or i didnt read it well. the entire story got me laughing again when the other theist criminal scolded the questioner and ask jesus for forgiveness of sin, jesus then promised to be with him in paradise the same day, meanwhile the end story said jesus died the same day and descended into hell.

"The wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).

We were all on death row, why don't you want to walk?

Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
Dr. Joe:

Read Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22, then tell us whether what happened to Jesus was a fulfillment of prophecy or not.
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

That is what some slaves thought of Abraham Lincoln's emancipation proclamation too.
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
plaetton:

What you don't understand is Christianity is not a religion but reality.
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by plaetton: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What you don't understand is Christianity is not a religion but reality.

Lol.

This seems to be the new mantra: that christianity is not a religion. cheesy
I guess there is indeed a lot of shame now associated with religion, so much so that a 2000yr old religion is now too ashamed to be called a religion.
Big laugh.
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
plaetton:

Lol.

This seems to be the new mantra: that christianity is not a religion. cheesy
I guess there is indeed a lot of shame now associated with religion, so much so that a 2000yr old religion is now too ashamed to be called a religion.
Big laugh.

Christianity is reality, relationship and a lifestyle.

Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by plaetton: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Christianity is reality, relationship and a lifestyle.

In other words, your delusions are better than other delusions?

Or your brand of opium is purer and stronger than others , right sir?

Well, I am glad that you are finally ashamed of being associated with religion.

1 Like

Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
plaetton:

In other words, your delusions are better than other delusions?

Or your brand of opium is purer and stronger than others , right sir?

Well, I am glad that you are finally ashamed of being associated with religion.

Religion does not save only Jesus does.
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"I know I'm a sinner, but I confess my sins to God daily. I tell Him that I'm sorry and I won't sin again."

If you find yourself in court with a $50,000 fine, will a judge let you go simply because you say you're sorry and you won't commit the crime again? Of course not. You should be sorry for breaking the law and, of course, you shouldn't commit the crime again. But only when someone pays your $50,000 fine will you be free from the demands of the law. God will not forgive a sinner on the basis that he is sorry. Of course we should be sorry for sin—we have a conscience to tell us that adultery, rape, lust, murder, hatred, lying, stealing, etc., are wrong. And of course we shouldn't sin again. However, God will only release us from the demands for eternal justice on the basis that someone else paid our fine. Two thousand years ago, Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for the sins of the world. His words on the cross were, "It is finished!" In other words, the debt has been paid in full. All who repent and trust in Him receive forgiveness of sins. Their case is dismissed on the basis of His suffering death.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 28 October 2013 at 06:00

"In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace" (Ephesians 1:7).
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:47am On Jun 12, 2018
plaetton:

Are you insisting on paying your fine by yourself? What chance has a pauper got to pay his fine of $50,000? Your personal responsibility is to go and sin no more. Our sins have been fully paid for by the precious blood of Jesus Christ and your responsibility is to stay continually under the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ our Saviour.
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace" (Ephesians 1:7).

If you don't have this verse in your bible then I'll advise you to chuck it. cool
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by budaatum: 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
plaetton:

Please do not blame Christianity for the ops misunderstanding!

Christians are actually meant to not sin, and to be perfect like their father in heaven is perfect because Jesus lived to teach us how to be perfect, which some have understood as him dying for their sins, when the truth is that he lived to teach us to sin less.

After all, it is these same "he died for their sin" Christians, who will argue he ressurected from the dead and and sits on the right hand of God judging to see if they have lived up to his teachings.

There's no free pass op. The wages of ignorance is death!
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by budaatum: 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
Especially when considered that it is those he supposedly came to save who stood there yelling "crucify him!"

It is the living of Christ that is useful. It teaches one to be useful and to avoid being crucified by the ignorant mob.
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by plaetton: 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2019
budaatum:

Please do not blame Christianity for the ops misunderstanding!

Christians are actually meant to not sin, and to be perfect like their father in heaven is perfect because Jesus lived to teach us how to be perfect, which some have understood as him dying for their sins, when the truth is that he lived to teach us to sin less.

After all, it is these same "he died for their sin" Christians, who will argue he ressurected from the dead and and sits on the right hand of God judging to see if they have lived up to his teachings.

There's no free pass op. The wages of ignorance is death!

If we do not blame Christianity for the misunderstandings of the teachings of Jesus, then to whom or to what do we blame ?
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by budaatum: 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
plaetton:

If we do not blame Christianity for the misunderstandings of the teachings of Jesus, then to whom or to what do we blame ?
If buda fails exam, do you blame the teacher?

If buda is stupid, do you blame the school?

Whom or what will you blame for buda's stupidity and failure, plaetton?

They did give me the textbook, note, and taught me how to read.
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by plaetton: 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2019
budaatum:

If buda fails exam, do you blame the teacher?

If buda is stupid, do you blame the school?

Whom or what will you blame for buda's stupidity and failure, plaetton?

They did give me the textbook, note, and taught me how to read.

My point is this.

" The pre-eminence of any Philosophy or system is measured by the QUALITY of its output".
Garbage in, garbage out.

When or in which golden ERA has Christianity or Islam ever been truer or purer , or understood properly ?
Answer = Zero

If a system or philosophy has been prone to errors, misinterpretations, misunderstandings and misuse for 2 millennia running, then we have to conclude that the very underpinning philosophy, the underlying teachings or their interpretations must be terribly flawed , or founded on axioms that are inherently contradictory , or even fraudulently contrived ?

From my own study of history, I am inclined to believe that they are fraudulently contrived.

Who else can we blame for the 33,000 christian denomination(33,000 interpretations of supposedly flawless scripture), and the competing and violently antagonistic sects of Islam, but the self-contradictory and the make-it-up-as-you-go INHERENT nature of religious belief and faith ? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by budaatum: 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
plaetton:

My point is this.

" The pre-eminence of any Philosophy or system is measured by the QUALITY of its output".
Garbage in, garbage out.

When or in which golden ERA has Christianity or Islam ever been truer or purer , or understood properly ?
Answer = Zero
"Era"? "Truer or purer"? "Understood properly"?

Why does it sound to me like you are suggesting that Christianity itself is, or could be those things, but people do not practice it in those ways? Or is your argument that it is garbage? You do after all say, "zero", suggesting Christianity and Islam has made everyone evil.

plaetton:

If a system or philosophy has been prone to errors, misinterpretations, misunderstandings and misuse for 2 millennia running, then we have to conclude that the very underpinning philosophy, the underlying teachings or their interpretations must be terribly flawed , or founded on axioms that are inherently contradictory , or even fraudulently contrived ?
If you hold on to "a system or philosophy that has been prone to errors", I buda will say you are foolish. Glad to hear you are not as such.

If you hold on to "a system or philosophy" that you do not understand", I buda will commend you because you are willing to strive to acquire understanding and overcome your ignorance. I would like to hope you are one of these.

If you hold on to "a system or philosophy" that you misuse, I buda will laugh because you would be suggesting that the system or philosophy" that you hold on too can be misused when the truth is baldheads don't get gifts from Jah.

plaetton:

From my own study of history, I am inclined to believe that they are fraudulently contrived.
Assuming it was fraudulently contrived, you then studied more history to find out what it was contrived from and why it was contrived and by whom and how, I take it, or rather, not, since you've decided to be a believer?

plaetton:
Who else can we blame for the 33,000 christian denomination(33,000 interpretations of supposedly flawless scripture), and the competing and violently antagonistic sects of Islam, but the self-contradictory and the make-it-up-as-you-go INHERENT nature of religious belief and faith ? undecided
I wonder why you yourself would rather be told what to think in your own head? If you hold on to "a system or philosophy that has been prone to errors", I buda will say you are foolish. Glad to hear you are not as such.
Re: "I Know I'm A Sinner, But I Confess My Sins To God Daily...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Amen! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Watch Pastor Chris Okotie Show Off His Blings, Designer Shoes & Clothes / A Thread For Agape Force Ministry/ Church Of God Mission Members / God Is Waiting For Your Praise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.