Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,887 members, 7,806,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 (105244 Views)

Colombia Vs Uruguay - World Cup (2 - 0) On 28th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by lexyman(m): 7:22am On Oct 31, 2013
safarigirl: a 'team' should not be restricted to just 2 people. A real 'team' has various talents. Yahaya is not doing it alone, he has Okon, Obasi, Nwakali, Mohammed, Ezeh and Awoniyi, these guys may not be the goal tigers, but they pull through when necessary. At the African under 17, Success was the golden boy. After our opening game against Mexico, Iheanacho was the man(boy) to watch, after subsequent matches, Yahaya was the star of the team, in the same vein, any one of our strikers could shine another day. I beleive in the boys, Iheanacho and Yahaya scored a goal each in our 4-1 win over Iran, other guys scored the other two. We have a formidable striking force.

Yes , you are right , but if you had watched the game against Sweden , after Isaac got injured , the awoniyi guy that was introduced find it difficult to find the back of the net , he wasted so many chances , if not for the never die spirit of the team , they fought tirelessly imagine if there was 't iheanacho in that màtch by now those boys will be in there various classrooms . The same thing did happen against Iran , when iheanacho was removed , the attack went blunt again , yahaya have to burn more energy to put pressure on the Iranian . I ' m not saying other department of the team is bad ,as well as other attackers that we have , but @ this point we need our best legs to give us the desired result , because we are playing against South American , they are always tactical and knows how to do the dirty work to get goals ...my wish has't change , still love to see the combination of iheanacho and success again ,they re excellent player but in the 2previous matches yahaya is more than excellent . Imagine having an excellent combination in the Attack against Uruguay it will safe our defense line a lot of stress .
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2013
gbosaa: Nigeria vs Uruguay.......Nigeria wins
Sweden vs Honduras....Sweden wins
Ivory coast vs Arg........Ivory coast wins
Brazil vs Mexico...........Brazil maybe
Nigeria vs Sweden.....Nigeria wins 2-1
Ivory coast vs brazil..Ivory coast wins

Final...
lipsrsealed
Nigeria vs Ivory coast...?
wake up dreamer.......i will wake u up...even if u de play dat chris brown dont wake me up....lols....9ja and d samba juniors....for finals
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Nextworldnx(m): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2013
lexyman:

Yes , you are right , but if you had watched the game against Sweden , after Isaac got injured , the awoniyi guy that was introduced find it difficult to find the back of the net , he wasted so many chances , if not for the never die spirit of the team , they fought tirelessly imagine if there was 't iheanacho in that màtch by now those boys will be in there various classrooms . The same thing did happen against Iran , when iheanacho was removed , the attack went blunt again , yahaya have to burn more energy to put pressure on the Iranian . I ' m not saying other department of the team is bad ,as well as other attackers that we have , but @ this point we need our best legs to give us the desired result , because we are playing against South American , they are always tactical and knows how to do the dirty work to get goals ...my wish has't change , still love to see the combination of iheanacho and success again ,they re excellent player but in the 2previous matches yahaya is more than excellent . Imagine having an excellent combination in the Attack against Uruguay it will safe our defense line a lot of stress .

Guy u are very right! ThiS has been a subject of worry even with some of my colleagues here. Success is a Goal poacher any day and it saddens me that we have lost him. With him in that team so far, I swear he would have been on 6/7 goals already. We need our best legs in this last rounds of matches, 'cos u are playing d best of teams remaining in the tournament. Iheanacho should come back o! Or else it will be a very long nite against uruguay. Those boys are tired and jagged presently and they need their best strikers to make their defence work minimal.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 31, 2013
Uruguay will beat Nigeria for the third time this year.

#thankMeLater.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Desmondking(m): 9:47am On Oct 31, 2013
Love dis guys dey re making us proud
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by zoboizee: 10:25am On Oct 31, 2013
Ivory coast, brazil and nigeria remains to me the most dangerous teams in dis competition. They have very strong players. The power of ivory coast is in defence, brazil is in midfield so also is nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2013
zobo-i-zee:
Ivory coast, brazil and nigeria remains to me the most dangerous teams in dis competition. They have very strong players. The power of ivory coast is in defence, brazil is in midfield so also is nigeria.
nope, Nigeria's strength is in our attack, our defense is arguably the weakest of the top8, but our attackers(and midfielders to some extent) rarely ever let the opposition get that far. They demoralize them by scoring early goals so only a psychologically strong team can pull all the stops to win us. We already encountered defensively strong teams like Sweden and Iran and defeated them, Uruguay does NOT have a strong defense, but so far they've played teams that have weak attacks and shaky defence, hence their victories. Let the continental battle begin. It's Africa vs. South America on Saturday, at least one African team MUST make SF.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Langigs: 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
make easy money online now with the latest discovered site its real not fake check it out http:///17uxcXq
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Nextworldnx(m): 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
safarigirl: nope, Nigeria's strength is in our attack, our defense is arguably the weakest of the top8, but our attackers(and midfielders to some extent) rarely ever let the opposition get that far. They demoralize them by scoring early goals so only a psychologically strong team can pull all the stops to win us. We already encountered defensively strong teams like Sweden and Iran and defeated them, Uruguay does NOT have a strong defense, but so far they've played teams that have weak attacks and shaky defence, hence their victories. Let the continental battle begin. It's Africa vs. South America on Saturday, at least one African team MUST make SF.

Nope! Madam, our defense aint weak at all. At worst, its at d rating of 6/10. This is the mistake a lot of you are making. U too think because of a few errors against sweden(a technically balance team) that our defense is weak. If u studied our matches against Mexico and Iran,u will notice that we had to soak up early pressure before hitting them on the break. Even after our goals, the pressure mounted and still,we didn't lose steam easily. That to me is a good quality of a stong defense. U probably didn't notice this and that's why u yell at any mis-placed pass(patrotism).

Please try and notice D last man standing(always) behind the back four to take out a loose ball,break-down a counter-attack or take out an opponent who beats the offside trap.

Besides any team who plays a Mass attack and mass defence football will always be difficult to beat.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Miner13: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
Wat a great match 2 watch.
a true test 4 d golden eaglet.
I wish dem al d best of favour in d match
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
NIGERIA 3 VS O URUGUAY grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by LEXYCOM: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
Y am I always happy to see nigeria team lose a match?....even I myself don't have a answer to dat.....
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Havilah93(m): 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
souleymon: If we defeat them , we will be Playing winner between (Honduras Vs Sweden) for a Place in Semi-Final
For a place in the final, not semi final

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Clemmyboy: Ok noted.....bt correct ur english 4 d first line.

If you were asked to write an essay, it would be filled with errors. When you magnigy small errors people make in their comments, u inadvertently tell us that your English is poor.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by lexyman(m): 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
LEXYCOM: Y am I always happy to see nigeria team lose a match?....even I myself don't have a answer to dat.....

I wish Nairaland has a delete icon , I would have lead the clique and vote you out for a life ban ...
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Odeju(m): 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
Clemmyboy: Finally front page tinx......bros abeg bring 1 cold malt first b4 i comment cool......ehen, 9ja go win 10-0. grin
bross u don watch am for ur house angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nextworldnx:

Nope! Madam, our defense aint weak at all. At worst, its at d rating of 6/10. This is the mistake a lot of you are making. U too think because of a few errors against sweden(a technically balance team) that our defense is weak. If u studied our matches against Mexico and Iran,u will notice that we had to soak up early pressure before hitting them on the break. Even after our goals, the pressure mounted and still,we didn't lose steam easily. That to me is a good quality of a stong defense. U probably didn't notice this and that's why u yell at any mis-placed pass(patrotism).

Please try and notice D last man standing(always) behind the back four to take out a loose ball,break-down a counter-attack or take out an opponent who beats the offside trap.

Besides any team who plays a Mass attack and mass defence football will always be difficult to beat.
first off, where did I yell? Secondly, I said our defense is 'arguably' the weakest, 6/10 isn't strong enough to take out a Brazilian attack that goes full throttle(just like us). I maintain that the reason we don't have a higher goal tally is cos of our early goals that damage the psyche of the teams we meet. Sweden exposed our weak defense and it was a strong attack that saved us.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by sureteeboy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
safarigirl: first off, where did I yell? Secondly, I said our defense is 'arguably' the weakest, 6/10 isn't strong enough to take out a Brazilian attack that goes full throttle(just like us). I maintain that the reason we don't have a higher goal tally is cos of our early goals that damage the psyche of the teams we meet. Sweden exposed our weak defense and it was a strong attack that saved us.
Yeah. You are absolutely right. But, it seems u're misinterpreting the other guy. After watching the match against Iraq and Iran, our defense isn't like it was during our match against Sweden.
In other words, what the guy meant is that, it is unfair to judge our defense with their performance against sweden only. Hereby rating them the weakest defense in the 8 teams at the quater finals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
sureteeboy:
Yeah. You are absolutely right. But, it seems u're misinterpreting the other guy. After watching the match against Iraq and Iran, our defense isn't like it was during our match against Sweden.
In other words, what the guy meant is that, it is unfair to judge our defense with their performance against sweden only. Hereby rating them the weakest defense in the 8 teams at the quater finals.
again, misinterpretation. I said ARGUABLY i.e you could say they're not and support your opinion with strong points. I didn't say our defense IS the weakest of the 8, it's just not among the top 4 strongest. Btw, that dude had an aggressive approach.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by sureteeboy(m): 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
safarigirl: again, misinterpretation. I said ARGUABLY i.e you could say they're not and support your opinion with strong points. I didn't say our defense IS the weakest of the 8, it's just not among the top 4 strongest. Btw, that dude had an aggressive approach.
Strong points? Their performance on the field of play says it all. Excluding the match against Sweden( The only match we saw some defensive flaws in) and considering the 8 teams' performance in each of their last 3 matches.
Mexico conceded 1 goal,
Sweden : 3
Brazil : 2
Honduras : 5
Uruguay : 4
Cote d'ivoire : 2
Argentina : 3
Nigeria : 2
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by busuyem: 10:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
The day of reconning getting closer...!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Itoroetti(m): 6:10am On Nov 01, 2013
Engineer1985:
We can't have two African teams in the Final, fifa must do some manipulations...

Fifa u17 world cup in 1993;Nigeria vs ghana.
Nigeria won.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by femi4: 6:44am On Nov 01, 2013
Nextworldnx:

How is 6/10 a good defense rating.

Conceeding 5goals in 4matches is practically not acceptable. Defensive error/ goalkeeping error is part of the game

The defence performance against Sweden can't be thrown into a trash can
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by lexyman(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2013
femi4: How is 6/10 a good defense rating.

Conceeding 5goals in 4matches is practically not acceptable. Defensive error/ goalkeeping error is part of the game

The defence performance against Sweden can't be thrown into a trash can

But they scored 18 goals in 4 matches , this iss an outstanding performance , the best form of defense is attack , let them keep scoring more goals than their counter part @ the end d result will be in our favour ... Lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by ini4brandon(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2013
safarigirl: again, misinterpretation. I said ARGUABLY i.e you could say they're not and support your opinion with strong points. I didn't say our defense IS the weakest of the 8, it's just not among the top 4 strongest. Btw, that dude had an aggressive approach.
some word experts...making a mountain out of a single word "ARGUABLY" Girl,r u stella "NEEDFULL" oduah's sister?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 10:18am On Nov 01, 2013
ini4brandon: some word experts...making a mountain out of a single word "ARGUABLY" Girl,r u stella "NEEDFULL" oduah's sister?
huh? @femi, thank you o. The Uruguay we're playing have conceded 4 to our 5. Like I said before, our strong attack is what saves us from mauling since we score early goals thereby psychologically destabilising opponents from the getgo
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Clemmyboy: 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
Poznan:

If you were asked to write an essay, it would be filled with errors. When you magnigy small errors people make in their comments, u inadvertently tell us that your English is poor.
Ok, noted. Tanx sir
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Clemmyboy: 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
Odeju: bross u don watch am for ur house angry
No o....i jst dy day dream
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Clemmyboy: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
Eureka007: ok i no no say malt they shark o.
Nor be only shark......u nor knw say water dy high person?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by Clemmyboy: 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
lexyman:

"You gave me a hard tackle " also yours is not typed properly .... Both of us needs correction. ! Lol

Hehehehehehe.......vry funi. Na ASUU cause am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
Honduras 1 Sweden 0

50 minutes played
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Honduras 1 Sweden 2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Defeats Joseph Parker (Live Thread) / Nigeria Vs Egypt: AFCON 2021: (1 - 0) On 11th January 2022 / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWC Final (2 - 0) On 25th October 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.