Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo (1467 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Governor Udom Emmanuel Builds House Just 4 Months In Govt - Sahara Reporters / 240 New Factories In A Year By MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by WBrentalz(f): 10:58pm On Oct 29, 2013
[b][/b]The president and founder of Ikunna Foundation, Mr. Joseph Chukwuma Ikunna said his foundation has completed plans to open three multi-millionaire factories in Imo State.
The factories which are being sited at Mgbidi, Oru West LGA of Imo State would produce products which include soft drinks; Glass, perfumes and others. Disclosing this to some selected media executives yesterday in Owerri, Ikunna also revealed that his foundation since its inception in 2009, has impacted positively in the lives of Nigerians.
He added that over N100m have been invested in the foundation, stressing that about one thousand people have benefited so far.
Ikunna explained that 100 university people received educational grants from the foundation while 300 women were empowered with soft loans of N20,000 each.
The business magnet who hails from Mgbidi in Oru West LGA, said the foundation will continue to give back to the society.
He said his interest in coming back to invest in Imo State was because of the fact that Igbo people consume over 58% drinks that are consumed in Nigeria.
He disclosed that the foundation's football competition kicks off in November 2013, adding that the youths were also being trained in computer applications.

1 Like

Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
Its beginning to happen
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by Eziachi: 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
Igbo people consume over 58% drinks that are consumed in Nigeria, is that supposed to be a good thing? grin grin grin grin
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by Kponkwem(m): 11:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
Eziachi: Igbo people consume over 58% drinks that are consumed in Nigeria, is that supposed to be a good thing? grin grin grin grin

At least its good to start from somewhere
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by WBrentalz(f): 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
At least imo state finally has a company that's where my happiness cums from
Kponkwem:

Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by Afam4eva(m): 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
It's a welcome development.
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by Eziachi: 11:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
Kponkwem:

I don't have problem with his business venture, which is a good thing, although been presented as a charity. What I have problem with was, the quote about the percentage of Igbo drinking. Drinking, health wise is not a good thing and at the end a bad economics, because of the drain it create on the healthcare purse of the people.
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by sCun: 11:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
I would prefer more serious investors setting up factories, rather than foundations (non-profit)
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by bloggernaija: 2:28am On Oct 30, 2013
58% of soft drink?
Another stat pulled right from the anus
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by warlei(m): 6:14am On Oct 30, 2013
bloggernaija: 58% of soft drink?
Cant stop laughing.
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by gbanikiti(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2013
Eziachi: Igbo people consume over 58% drinks that are consumed in Nigeria, is that supposed to be a good thing? grin grin grin grin
please also direct your question to Peter Obi's Hero Beer. grin
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by abagoro(m): 6:48am On Oct 30, 2013
WBrentalz: At least imo state finally has a company that's where my happiness cums from

So imo State had no factories. Hope you know that 33 later consolidated breweries was and is still at Awo Omamma in the same Oru West. I only responded because you seem uninformed and not one of these my jealous Igbo brothers. There are several factories including drugs/pharmaceuticals manufacturing, paint factories, plastic, vegetable oil and more in Imo.

1 Like

Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by mekuslogan: 7:01am On Oct 30, 2013
bloggernaija: 58% of soft drink?

Quite possible. Muslims don't drink and the North is 90% Islam and Yoruba 60% Islam as well. Now if you could read, you would have seen that he has not actually classified the drink he gave the stats for: soft or hard. lol
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by warlei(m): 8:55am On Oct 30, 2013
mekuslogan:

Quite possible. Muslims don't drink and the North is 90% Islam and Yoruba 60% Islam as well. Now if you could read, you would have seen that he has not actually classified the drink he gave the stats for: soft or hard. lol
Read again...
Dnt jump 2 comment.
It says soft drinks. Even if na hard who told u northerners dont drink.
And pls stop dis ur beerparlour statistics
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by Meringe(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2013
From foundation to politics!
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by gbanikiti(m): 9:16am On Oct 30, 2013
abagworo:

So imo State had no factories. Hope you know that 33 later consolidated breweries was and is still at Awo Omamma in the same Oru West. I only responded because you seem uninformed and not one of these my jealous Igbo brothers. There are several factories including drugs/pharmaceuticals manufacturing, paint factories, plastic, vegetable oil and more in Imo.
You forgot to add Rokana Industries owned by Charles Ugwu.

Abagworo, there's a bottle water company owned by Charles Ugwu which has been in the market for a long time. The water is gotten from a spring in Charles Ugwu's hometown. Do you remember the name of the spring and the bottle water company?
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by asha80(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2013
gbanikiti: You forgot to add Rokana Industries owned by Charles Ugwu.

Abagworo, there's a bottle water company owned by Charles Ugwu which has been in the market for a long time. The water is gotten from a spring in Charles Ugwu's hometown. Do you remember the name of the spring and the bottle water company?
if i am not mistaken rokana is dead....u are talking about uzi water.
Re: IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo by gbanikiti(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2013
asha 80: if i am not mistaken rokana is dead....u are talking about uzi water.
Rokana industries dead? I don't believe! shocked
Yes,its Uzzi water! The bottle water was the best in Imo state and its environs. I forgot to mention the Rokana toothbrush too. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Apc And Ngige Rejects The Honor To Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu / Thousands Are Fleeing Nigeria / Why Do People Still revere Emeagwali?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.