Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 (89621 Views)

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Trailii: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
Chilling wit my antelope pepper soup

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by modextus(m): 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
Super Eagles' update-Players in camp as at 2.15pm: MIKEL, Moses,Ejide,Dike,Ogu,Oduamadi,Okwuosa,Agbim,Mba,Kwanbe,Benjamin,Azuibike.Others waitn 2 takeoff from Abj 2 meet up wit evening training

Enyeama already in camp
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Emilord(m): 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
bionicdude: what of our 1-0 wcq loss away to angola in the 2006 qualifiers
bro,are u sure u can read well?d premise said home games and not away game.
I hope u understand this one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Emilord(m): 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
CARLISTO77:

Super Eagles lost against Brazil at the inauguration of Abuja's stadium by 0 - 3, 11 June 2003.
that was not a competitive match
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by write2obi(m): 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
Like if you want to eat Antelope grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by modextus(m): 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
Super Eagles update: Reuben
Kenneth
Musa
Efe
Nsofor
Ameobi
Just hit camp now
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
Obascoetubi: y play again, after naija beats dem last time?
…………… re u so dumb
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mama Cifon! Mama Cifon!!
Bring me a plate of afam soup with santana...
No forget to add one plate of antelope perper soup make I use am clear my throat! grin grin

Hmn hmnn... Where is that idiota called Bance....?
Abeg come share your testimony of Eagles bashing with these Ethiopian boys abeg! angry angry angry

No hard feelings... It's Just Football! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by wescoBaba: 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
Good evening everybody,pls I need your help on how to get to calabar,have not being to that state before and am planing to go there,even stay there to watch super Eagle game against Ethiopia on Saturday,am currenty in ondo state,how much is T-fee from lagos,akure,benin to calabar? which transport company is good for the state and how many hour jounery.
Also how mush is accommodation there for an average nigerian like student and pls recommend names of hotel.thanks alot
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by kstyle2(m): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
D blv i hav in enyeama afta his 11th consecutive clean sheet in lille cannot b xpained...den d beast in emenike will b unleashed again...d ethopians shld jst shun d match because evn hitler cant stop us...d combo of enyeama,oboabona,mikel,onazi,moses,emenikestrong pas or.gasm....up super eagles...ethopia go knw say dada no b sideburns#using ice prince's voice
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by CARLISTO77(m): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Emilord: that was not a competitive match

Since you know so much, expatiate the meaning of ''COMPETITIVENESS''.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
CARLISTO77:

Since you know so much, expatiate the meaning of ''COMPETITIVENESS''.
'Competitive matches' as used in FIFA parlance, refers to the qualification matches of each confederation's continental tournament, WC qualifiers, the world cup finals tournament, and the finals tournament of the Confederation's competition.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Christmasdon(m): 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fifa has appointed a Nigerian center referee to participate in world club cup in morocco. Thanks. We will beat ethiopia come saturday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Emereolevanwill(m): 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
[color=#770077][/color] shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by modextus(m): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
cool

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by LUDE(m): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
This is what I'm gonna do. I will go to Calabar, watch Ethiopia beat Nigeria 2-0 and go celebrate at the marina resort with some Nigerian chicks like Geneveive Nnaji or may be Angela Okorie. Next day I will have some good Nigerian rice and ox tail finish with some local beer. AT about 9:00pm I will call that fine azz Biola Ige to give me a massage. At about 11:00pm hit the night club seen and take one of those Calabar chicks i hear about to my hotel. 2 days after that I will take Geneveive Nnaji back to Addis.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by LUDE(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2013
Trail ii: Chilling wit my antelope pepper soup
lol! We used to be called The Black Lions now fu....g Antelopes. Who the hell named us Antelope? Why why why...be a predator not a prey. We will change that name right after we beat Nigeria 2-0 and take Genevieve Nnaji back to Addis.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Cdstars(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2013
[quote author=CARLISTO77][/quote]

that was a FRIENDLY match, and not a COMPETITIVE match
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
LUDE:
This is what I'm gonna do. I will go to Calabar, watch Ethiopia beat Nigeria 2-0 and go celebrate at the marina resort with some Nigerian chicks like Geneveive Nnaji or may be Angela Okorie. Next day I will have some good Nigerian rice and ox tail finish with some local beer. AT about 9:00pm I will call that fine azz Biola Ige to give me a massage. At about 11:00pm hit the night club seen and take one of those Calabar chicks i hear about to my hotel. 2 days after that I will take Geneveive Nnaji back to Addis.

Here we go! grin grin grin

*chilling with my bottle of fayrouz*
It seems we'll have to flog YOU here first before we flog your team!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Tudorstar1: 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
Nigeria will qualify in Jesus name
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by LUDE(m): 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Here we go! grin grin grin

*chilling with my bottle of fayrouz*
It seems we'll have to flog YOU here first before we flog your team!
Come with it. .
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
LUDE:
Come with it. .

Take it!
angry **slaps coin off his face** KPA!

ayusco85: Breaking news: i just saw on CNN and BBC news that all the ANTELOPES in Nigeria have gone into hiding. They tried to find out why, and a professor of zoology explained that the antelopes probably over heard nigerians saying they will celebrate the victory on saturday with antelope meat pepper soup. Currently the price of antelope meat per kilo has tripled due to dis hide and seek game played by d WALYA ANTELOPES in Nigeria. grin grin grin

***looks left, looks right, sees hundreds of ethiopians coming, spread my wings and soar into the sky**** grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by LUDE(m): 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Take it!
angry **slaps coin off his face** KPA!

I can run faster than any Nigerian for miles and miles and i will have Geneveiv Nnaji massage my feet
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
LUDE:
I can run faster than any Nigerian for miles and miles and i will have Geneveiv Nnaji massage my feet

Don't raise your hopes bro! She wount even notice your existence!

By the way, you guys have some of the most beautyful girls in Africa! grin grin
No hard feelings, football is just a game!
Welcome to nairaland!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by LUDE(m): 12:02am On Nov 13, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Don't raise your hopes bro! She wount even notice your existence!

By the way, you guys have some of the most beautyful girls in Africa! grin grin
No hard feelings, football is just a game!
Welcome to nairaland!
You never know, I've seen some waiters, limo drivers, bar tenders dating celebs. I think she is fine ooh we. Thanks bro! I'm just having fun.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by CARLISTO77(m): 1:08am On Nov 13, 2013
CFCfan:
'Competitive matches' as used in FIFA parlance, refers to the qualification matches of each confederation's continental tournament, WC qualifiers, the world cup finals tournament, and the finals tournament of the Confederation's competition.

You're typing redundancy! To compete , according to you, entails what?
Do you know what head-to-head mean? You must be joking.
Do you come to term that Nigeria proposed a huge sum of money to Brazil
before that match was played? To your chagrin, since Nigeria defeated France
in their backyard, being a friendly match, it's not competitive, right?
I dislike your charade of frivolousness..
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 13, 2013
CARLISTO77:

Oga, if u don't believe me, you can seek clarifications from CAF/FIFA on what they term 'competitive' matches.
You can also ask some reputable sports/football journalists about the meaning of 'competitive' match, as used in football.
Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by naptu2: 1:44am On Nov 13, 2013
CARLISTO77:

You just used the term "friendly match". I'll ask you a few questions:

1) What is a "friendly match"?
2) Are friendly matches the only types of matches?
3) If friendly matches are not the only type of matches, then what are the other types of matches called?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by naptu2: 1:57am On Nov 13, 2013
[size=14pt]Exhibition game[/size]

An exhibition game (also known as a demonstration, a friendly, a warmup match, a preparation match, or in some contexts a scrimmage) is a sporting event whose prize money and impact on the team's rankings is either zero or very greatly reduced. These matches are often used to help managers select players for the competitive matches of a tournament and, if the players usually play in different teams in other leagues, it's an opportunity for the players to learn to work with each other. The games can be held between separate teams or between parts of the same team.

For example, two professional snooker or chess players, or two ice hockey teams, may play an exhibition to settle a challenge, to provide professional entertainment, or often to raise money for charities.

Association football

In the early days of association football, friendly matches (or "friendlies" ) were the most common type of match. However since the development of The Football League in England in 1888, league tournaments became established, in addition to lengthy cup tournaments. By the year 2000, national leagues were established in almost every country, as well as regional leagues for lower level teams, thus the significance of friendlies has seriously declined since the 19th century.

Club football

Since the introduction of league football, most club sides play a number of friendlies before the start of each season (called pre-season friendlies). Friendly football matches are considered to be non-competitive and are only used to "warm up" players for a new season/competitive match. There is generally nothing competitive at stake and some rules may be changed or experimented with (such as unlimited substitutions, which allow teams to play younger, less experienced, players, and no cards). Although most friendlies are simply one-off matches arranged by the clubs themselves, in which a certain amount is paid by the challenger club to the incumbent club, some teams do compete in short tournaments, such as the Emirates Cup, Teresa Herrera Trophy and the Amsterdam Tournament. Although these events may involve sponsorship deals and the awarding of a trophy and may even be broadcast on television, there is little prestige attached to them.

International football

International teams also play friendlies, generally in preparation for the qualifying or final stages of major tournaments. This is essential, since national squads generally have much less time together in which to prepare. The biggest difference between friendlies at the club and international levels is that international friendlies mostly take place during club league seasons, not between them. This has on occasion led to disagreement between national associations and clubs as to the availability of players, who could become injured or fatigued in a friendly.

International friendlies give team managers the opportunity to experiment with team selection and tactics before the tournament proper, and also allow them to assess the abilities of players they may potentially select for the tournament squad. Players can be booked in international friendlies, and can be suspended from future international matches based on red cards or accumulated yellows in a specified period. Caps and goals scored also count towards a player's career records. In 2004, FIFA ruled that substitutions by a team be limited to six per match in international friendlies, in response to criticism that such matches were becoming increasingly farcical with managers making as many as 11 substitutions per match.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhibition_game

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by muzzol: 7:54am On Nov 13, 2013
CARLISTO77:

Oga, the more you argue on this, the more you exhibit what is supposed to be limited to your closet. Please, come of your ego ride and learn more about difference between Competitive matches and Friendly matches.

Its folks like you who place pre-season matches in same pedestal as Champions league final
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by nerodenero: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2013
2014 World Cup cracker: Eagles disappoint Keshi
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi was left fuming after only 15 out of the 25 invited players turned up for the opening day of training on Tuesday.

The Super Eagles began preparations for the second leg of their 2014 Fifa World Cup qualifier against Ethiopia at the U J Esuene Stadium in Calabar, and Keshi was not pleased at the turnout.

“I am not happy at all,” he told KickOffNigeria.com. “We talked about this and everyone was expected to be here today(yesterday).

“But maybe because of flight issues, some people are not here and it will destabilize our program.”

With Nosa Igiebor ruled out with injury, Keshi expected to see 24 players in Calabar on Tuesday afternoon.

And the former captain warned that Wednesday was cut-off date.

“Anybody who is not here by Wednesday training, is out,” he said.

Skipper Vincent Enyeama and midfielder John Mikel Obi led a group of early birds in.

The rest included the likes of Victor Moses, Bright Dike, Austin Ejide and Elderson Echiejile, who joined the team at the stadium, where he had a heart to heart talk with Keshi.

PLAYERS IN:

Vincent Enyeama, Mikel Obi, Godfrey Oboabona, John Ogu, James Okwuosa, Bright Dike, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Nnamdi Oduamadi, Sunday Mba, Chigozie Agbim, Victor Moses, Solomon Kwambe, Austin Ejide, Benjamin Francis, Elderson Echiejile
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/2014-world-cup-cracker-eagles-disappoint-keshi/#sthash.EFB3JkDf.dpuf
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by naptu2: 8:33am On Nov 13, 2013
[size=14pt]Competitive Match[/size]

By Stewart Coggin.

Definition:

A competitive match is one played in official competition, generally with points, prize money or a place in the next round of a cup at stake. It differs to a friendly match, which a team would generally play in preparation for the competitive season. There is little riding on the result of these matches.

http://worldsoccer.about.com/od/glossary/g/Competitive-Match.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

See What Mikel Obi's Russian Girl Friend Bought For Him As Birthday Gift [photo] / 5 Most Handsome Young Footballers / Kanu Nwankwo Joins FIFA Legends In Russia, See His Wife's Reaction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.