Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 (89627 Views)

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by CARLISTO77(m): 11:01am On Nov 13, 2013
[quote author=naptu2]

You just used the term "friendly match". I'll ask you a few questions:

1) What is a "friendly match"?
2) Are friendly matches the only types of matches?
3) If friendly matches are not the only type of matches, then what are the other types of matches called?

Bottom line: Nigeria's invincibility record at home has been queered and void.
You shun jaded and disillusive patriotism based on pretentiousness.
Please follow this http://www.goal.com/en/match/103016/nigeria-vs-burkina-faso/report?

Nigeria 4-1 Burkina Faso: Ideye double extends hosts' unbeaten run

Shola Ameobi and Emmanuel Emenike also found the net as the Super Eagles continued a 10-year run on home soil without defeat
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by naptu2: 11:08am On Nov 13, 2013
grin It's no longer about the difference between "friendly match" and "competitive match".

CFCfan: If Nigeria avoids defeat (duh), they would extend their unbeaten run in home competitive games to 63 consecutive matches.
The last time the Super eagles lost a competitive match at home was in 1981: a loss to Algeria in Lagos in a WCQ.

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by nerodenero: 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
nerodenero: In-form Villarreal striker Ikechukwu Uche says he is not concerned by his continued omission from Stephen Keshi’s Nigeria squad.He is not part of Keshi’s plans for the second leg of their World Cup play-off against Ethiopia despite three goals in his last four matches in Spain.“Sometimes it (snub) crosses my mind but I remain a fan of the Super Eagles.”“If I get another chance I’ll honour the call,” he told BBC Sport.Nigeria hold a 2-1 lead from the first leg of the World Cup play-off ahead of Saturday’s second leg in Calabar.Bright Dike, who plays for Toronto FC in the MLS, has been called up by Nigeria as replacement for Uche Nwofor ahead of the match.Injured Nosa Igiebor has pulled out of the tie as well as the friendly against Italy in London on 18 November.“Since I’m not in the squad I can only wish the team well.“I’m very happy with my form, fitness and encouraging performance at club level.”Uche’s last appearance for the Super Eagles was in the final of the 2013 African Cup of Nations against Burkina Faso in February.Despite emerging as top scorer during the tournament’s qualifiers with three goals, he failed to shine in South Africa and has since been overlooked by the selector.He has slipped behind Emmanuel Emenike, Brown Ideye and Shola Ameobi in Keshi’s plans over the last ten months.But he insists an international snub has not dampened his spirit and optimism.“I’ve played almost every game for Villarreal this season and proved I can perform at the highest level,” he continued.“I’m feeling good, fit and motivated and as long as I keep performing I will keep pushing my name up the list.”One of his nation’s all-time top ten scorers Uche knows the past count for nothing.“You can only look back and feel proud of your achievement with the national team and nothing more,” he insisted“Right now it’s a development squad [the Super Eagles], which means it’s something for the future with guys that are going to be playing for Nigeria in years to come.“I’m basically working very hard with my club and will let the future take care of itself.”Source: Punch
If a tired leg like Ameobi,no offense intended, could be invited, then I think this young man deserves a call-up. I question Keshi's list but he knows best. The most important thing here is for him to get the deserved result. How he does that, is none of my business.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
All we do is win win win

NIGERIA 7-0 ethiopia
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by easyz(m): 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
Space booked before page finish smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
LUDE: Relax, you won the game and we will be 100% behind you in Brazil. Good Luck in Brazil!
since you've already given up, stop making unnecessary noise.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Giyerte(m): 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nigeria 3-0 Ethiopia
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by LUDE(m): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
gcfr.com:
since you've already given up, stop making unnecessary noise.
That's an old comment, I've grown to appreciate the passion our players have. I believe we can win
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by NDOSHA: 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
donem: Competition - WC Qualification
Africa
Date -16 November2013
Kick-off-16:00 (4:00pm)
On aggregate - 2-1
Venue - U.J. Esuene
Stadium (Calabar)

nigeria 6 ethopia 0
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by brownlord: 8:41am On Nov 14, 2013
LUDE:
This is what I'm gonna do. I will go to Calabar, watch Ethiopia beat Nigeria 2-0 and go celebrate at the marina resort with some Nigerian chicks like Geneveive Nnaji or may be Angela Okorie. Next day I will have some good Nigerian rice and ox tail finish with some local beer. AT about 9:00pm I will call that fine azz Biola Ige to give me a massage. At about 11:00pm hit the night club seen and take one of those Calabar chicks i hear about to my hotel. 2 days after that I will take Geneveive Nnaji back to Addis.

Bro wake up, its 8:30 AM here in Nigeria, am sure u must hv having a bad dream.

Its good to dream thou
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Slatemsk(m): 9:03am On Nov 14, 2013
Shift for meeee 4 dis stadium
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 14, 2013
With the Walya Ibex of Ethiopia arriving today for
Saturday's final world cup qualifying match against the Super Eagles, officer of the Ethiopia football federation media department, Enyew Girmachaw has confirmed that over 1,000 Ethiopian fans will be in the country for the game. Girmachaw revealed that 500 fans will storm Nigeria from Ethiopia, while another set of over 500 will arrive from South Africa and some neighbouring countries.
Meanwhile, with the Ethiopians still expecting to go
through, former Nigeria international, Tijani Babangida has described the East Africans as dreamers, whose dreams will not become reality on saturday.
In the same vein, General Secretary of the Nigeria
football federation, Barr. Musa Amadu says the Super Eagles players know the stakes and are fired up for Saturday's battle.
Brilla Fm

If dem like, let them bring the entire country, its stil 6-0.
If 1000 pple come calabar, who will now govern d country? That's like the entire Ethiopian population.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 9:32am On Nov 14, 2013
CARLISTO77:
Lol.This one no sabi anything.Oga go and learn and stop acting like u know what u dont know.They've tried to educate u but u remain ignorant.
Dont u know google ??.
Dont u know Wikipedia ??.
Search for what "Competitive match" means and what "Non competitive" match means.
No dey do over sabi.Educate urself.No dey fall ur hand for here.
Did that goal.com post tell u "Ideye's brace extends Eagles 10yrs unbeaten run in COMPETITIVE MATCHES" ??.
Nigeria last lost a match at home 10yrs ago against brazil(3-0).
Nigeria last lost a COMPETITIVE MATCH at home in 1981.
Use Google,Wikipedia or FIFA's official site to educate yourself on what a "COMPETITVE MATCH" means and no dey do over sabi.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by nneobi123gmail: 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
for cheapest flight tickets, visit www.tourbrokersonline.com. try and see!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by alotofgrace(m): 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Tbig: 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
se dat 1 nah match....Ethiopia ko Itokia ni smiley wink grin sad shocked tongue lipsrsealed kiss cry

We are already in Brazil now wht can stop us is only God lets talk about how the world cup[color=#990000][/color] is going to be abi ki ni mo wi?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Irises(m): 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
all facts be true.. nigeria have not lost a match on home soil since 2003( dat is after loosing to brazil) . it been 10years now.

about the 1981 thing, nigeria have not lost a competitive match on home soil. but as for friendlies, they have.

so now its all about 10year unbeaten run on home soil and and unbeaten run since 1981 on home soil in a competitive match

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Sirsijo(m): 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
Emmysteve: This is what Ethiopians think

I dont think those lossers hv given up

i have never seen a black lion in reality... soo
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by benson81(m): 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
Emmysteve: This is what Ethiopians think

I dont think those lossers hv given up
is this person an insane Nigerian,an Ethiopian(4 real on niaraland?),or one who is hipnotized by the semi arab/fulani look alike Ethiopains?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by emmanuel4758(m): 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
Emmysteve: All we do is win win win

grin

NIGERIA 7-0 ethiopia
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by emmanuel4758(m): 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
Emmysteve: All we do is win win win

grin

NIGERIA 7-0 ethiopia
angry grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by emmanuel4758(m): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
latest news fifa president nw put nigeria in group B nig,japan,uruguay,portugal so let discus about world cup
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
Predicted lineup(4-3-3):-
----------------Enyeama---------------

Ambrose-Omeruo-oboabona-Echiejile

------------Mikel-----Onazi-----------

-------------Ideye(moses)------------

Musa------Emenike--Moses(ideye)

According to reports 4rm d training camp,the players were divided into two groups,team A and team B.
These are d players dat made up team-A.They played mini-matches against d rest of d players who made-up team B.
So definately team-A is likely d XI that would start against ethiopia.
But whats uncertain is who would play d no.10 role behind Emenike wether Ideye or Moses.
Moses may be d one to play there becos thats where he has been playing at liverpool.
If so,then ideye would play on d wings.
But those are d likely players to start
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by CARLISTO77(m): 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
naija noni:
Lol.This one no sabi anything.Oga go and learn and stop acting like u know what u dont know.They've tried to educate u but u remain ignorant.
Dont u know google ??.
Dont u know Wikipedia ??.
Search for what "Competitive match" means and what "Non competitive" match means.
No dey do over sabi.Educate urself.No dey fall ur hand for here.
Did that goal.com post tell u "Ideye's brace extends Eagles 10yrs unbeaten run in COMPETITIVE MATCHES" ??.
Nigeria last lost a match at home 10yrs ago against brazil(3-0).
Nigeria last lost a COMPETITIVE MATCH at home in 1981.
Use Google,Wikipedia or FIFA's official site to educate yourself on what a "COMPETITVE MATCH" means and no dey do over sabi.

You suck with your charade of solecism.
You're a shame with your gobbledegook write-up.
Sorry state of display of humor on a social Forum.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by greatwaters: 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
My perusal of this thread, which I was supposed to relish, has been marred by some ludicrous anger-triggering contentions and arguements by fellas who gradually, knowingly or unknowingly insinuate their ignorance into a positive and meaningful topic. These who should be cheering our team. To all of you involved in those arguements, your posts suck. You are a palpitation in the posterior. #spits and walks out of thread#
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Walix: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
LUDE:
You never know, I've seen some waiters, limo drivers, bar tenders dating celebs. I think she is fine ooh we. Thanks bro! I'm just having fun.

Very Classy exchange. Thanks guys for keeping it civil. Loved it
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Walix: 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Don't raise your hopes bro! She wount even notice your existence!

By the way, you guys have some of the most beautyful girls in Africa! grin grin
No hard feelings, football is just a game!
Welcome to nairaland!

Class Act!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
CARLISTO77:

You suck with your charade of solecism.
You're a shame with your gobbledegook write-up.
Sorry state of display of humor on a social Forum.

Wetin dis one dey talk ?.Lol U think say na by grammar ?.grammar without intelligence is USELESS.
Sorry if i insulted u(dont think i did).
But u dont know better than FIFA who specified d kind of matches that are "COMPETITIVE".
Everyone that corrected u were right,but stiil u didnt agree.Trying to claim "na me know pass".
Even d most intelligent people on earth learn from others.
Learn to agree and take corrections when u're CLEARLY WRONG !!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
Walix:

Class Act!

Thanks man!
I believe PAN AFRICANISM comes first before FOOTBALL! grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by DrKlever(m): 1:37am On Nov 15, 2013
CARLISTO77:

In this your useless life, you're too of a midget to trade words with me.
Oblivion reings, as per hidng behind internet, disrespecting others, all in
the name of argumentation. You're among the chief reasons why Nigeria is staggering.
You should have allowed those nitwits stand their acme of reasoning, than your parsimonious arbitration.
. SMH for you sad
CARLISTO77:

In this your useless life, you're too of a midget to trade words with me.
Oblivion reings, as per hidng behind internet, disrespecting others, all in
the name of argumentation. You're among the chief reasons why Nigeria is staggering.
You should have allowed those nitwits stand their acme of reasoning, than your parsimonious arbitration.
. SMH for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

See What Mikel Obi's Russian Girl Friend Bought For Him As Birthday Gift [photo] / 5 Most Handsome Young Footballers / Kanu Nwankwo Joins FIFA Legends In Russia, See His Wife's Reaction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.