Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? (13382 Views)

Should I Still Regard This Relationship As A Serious One? / After Introduction, Whose Responsibility Is It To Pay A Girl's School Fee? / See what Distance Relationship as caused me In A Confused Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by xynerise: 1:59am On Oct 30, 2013
This is for everyone, both the married

So many of us focus on the impact others have on us that we forget or don't wish to consider that we have the power to change our own outcomes. Those who take their relationship for granted and dont consider the feelings of their partner/spouse often end in arguing, fighting and even breaking up.

Sometimes, what appears to be the problem in our relationship is not really the problem but how it raises the problem to the surface

If you value your relationship, take your relationship as a personal responsiblity, access your needs and you will see how your dying relationship will come back to normal

7 Likes

Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Cathaliya: 2:03am On Oct 30, 2013
finish?
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by xynerise: 2:07am On Oct 30, 2013
Cathaliya: finish?
Focus on the title
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Cathaliya: 2:24am On Oct 30, 2013
xynerise:
Focus on the title
ok
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Reincarnated(m): 2:28am On Oct 30, 2013
Hmm, i'm not in a relationship and neither am I looking to be in one but I shall still follow, for now
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by buoye1(m): 2:48am On Oct 30, 2013
A concise write up.....I ll try my best
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 30, 2013
Yes. Personal responsibility, I believe, is required for any relationship to blossom. In any relationship, we have responsibilities to ourselves as well as our partners, and these responsibilities are what makes someone/couples happy, unhappy, etc. It's like a plant. What you put in (water and sunshine), is what you get out of it (flowers or fruit). If you don't like how the relationship is, or if you don't feel happy, then think of what you, yourself, can do to have a different result.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Dygeasy(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2013
ogugua88: Yes. Personal responsibility, I believe, is required for any relationship to blossom. In any relationship, we have responsibilities to ourselves as well as our partners, and these responsibilities are what makes someone/couples happy, unhappy, etc. It's like a plant. What you put in (water and sunshine), is what you get out of it (flowers or fruit). If you don't like how the relationship is, or if you don't feel happy, then think of what you, yourself, can do to have a different result.
Yeah Right. There's No Better Way. It Really Goes A Long Way In Making The Relationship Blossom.

Being Sensitive, Considerate And All.
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by xynerise: 7:23am On Oct 30, 2013
ogugua88: Yes. Personal responsibility, I believe, is required for any relationship to blossom. In any relationship, we have responsibilities to ourselves as well as our partners, and these responsibilities are what makes someone/couples happy, unhappy, etc. It's like a plant. What you put in (water and sunshine), is what you get out of it (flowers or fruit). If you don't like how the relationship is, or if you don't feel happy, then think of what you, yourself, can do to have a different result.
Well said.

To be successful in your relationship, your commitment must be a good one and it depends on your sense of values. These values depend on what to get out of your relationship. You have to decide whether you want only a good time; to make plenty of money; or you may decide whether to be a source of good in your relationship in whatever field lies open to you.

Seeing your values clearly, helps you to control or even channel your passions in order to achieve your objectives.

One needs to work on his/her commitment
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Emmy9ite(m): 7:49am On Oct 30, 2013
Should I comment?
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 30, 2013
Nope!itz an official responsibility 2 me.
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by xynerise: 7:55am On Oct 30, 2013
Emmy9ite: Should I comment?
Do you need a mic?
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by xynerise: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2013
Harbosede02: Nope!itz an official responsibility 2 me.
Official? Lol
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 30, 2013
no
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 30, 2013
Yes.

If you don't take it as a responsibility, it will fail. For example, you can never be too busy for the one you love. Making time out of no time shows how much you value your relationship with them and it will make them appreciate you more, for they know how busy you are and the effort you are making towards the relationship, despite your busy schedule. That in turn will give them an additional sense of responsibility towards you.

A relationship works best if you both have the same mindset towards relationships and what it entails, else, you'll keep making efforts while the other person keeps taking you and your efforts for granted!

18 Likes

Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by vizboy(m): 11:05am On Oct 30, 2013
ok but for the now I cant take any relationship personal. Except when am ready to settle down.
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by crystalballs: 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
Noted...

Will see to implementation.
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by sexymoma(f): 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yes....

If you take your relationship as a personal responsibility, taking your marriage as personal responsibility won't be a burden on you.
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by YoshiMaster: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
My friends and family are tattooed on my heart.
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by nerodenero: 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
You have passed a comment now or are you a learner?
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by cashkid18(m): 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
relatiobship is nt meant for kids like me.so,i wil reserve my coment for nw
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by gbanikiti(m): 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
Why would I not take my relationship as my personal responsibility? If I don't who will?
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Osinachi101(m): 4:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
Of course one needs 2 so as to make his /her relationship work out well atleast!
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by anselm791(m): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
There's a good chance that I'm staurated from a long day's brain work cause this write up is making very little sense to me and I don't understand why nairaland would want to torture me by bringing this to the front page.
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Gifted4all(m): 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
My relationship is d best so far in lagos.my gal frnd is so understanding.
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Relationship don turn responsibility kwa. Issorait.
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
I do cheesy
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Xion: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
I take it as mine, just like she takes it as hers.
Very essential!
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by Ediss(m): 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
What is relationship if not just for the purpose of relation sexually, morally, spiritually psychologically infact anyhowly. To me its just a mental illness between genders grin
Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by skyscraperTM(m): 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
I've dated alot of girls but i've never been into a relationship. Weird isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Do You Take Your Relationship As A Personal Responsibility? by johnwizey: 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
Sorry, i dont knw wat u guyz are talkin about. Am a Rev. Father

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Never Date A Man With A Big Penis / Ladies:would You Date Me? (picture) / Your Previous Relationship: Why Did You Break Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.