Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

The Difference Between Led Tv And Plasma Tv - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Difference Between Led Tv And Plasma Tv (2669 Views)

The Difference Between Gsm, Gprs, Edge, Umts, Hsdpa / Hsupa, And Hspa / What Is The Difference Between IT And ICT? / Help With LG Plasma TV Settings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Led Tv And Plasma Tv by realisticm: 2:34am On Oct 30, 2013
Good day friends. Please i need a help in deciding which of the TV type to buy. i got confused while trying to buy a plasma tv on konga.com. i never knew there is LED and PLASMA separately. i thought all flat TV are plasma. please tell me the difference between the above named TV so i can consider which one to go for. your contributions will be highly appreciated. Thanks Y'all
Re: The Difference Between Led Tv And Plasma Tv by buoye1(m): 2:41am On Oct 30, 2013
I use LED but I don't know abt plasma seriously
But I thnk Plasma is d LCD...Liquid crystal display. The LED is slimmer,Can work with a very low voltage compared to lcd,the picture quality of d LED are better than Plasma.....et al....My opinion though
Re: The Difference Between Led Tv And Plasma Tv by realisticm: 3:09am On Oct 30, 2013
Thanks for the quick response. i have actually gotten what i was looking on the net, i was in the bed and wasnt feeling like turning on the computer, thats why i couldnt do some online research (i hate doing research with my smartphone)

culled from http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Egalha63kng/learn/learningcenter/home/tv_flatpanel.html

Plasma
Pros: excellent contrast and black levels; effortless motion; uniform illumination over the entire screen area, good picture depth; often priced lower than LED-LCD models with similar screen size and features
Cons: limited screen sizes: 42"-65"; some models not as bright as most LED-LCD TVs; not as energy-efficient as LED-LCDs and typically generate more heat; a plasma panel is usually a bit heavier and thicker than an LED-LCD panel

LED-LCD
Pros: models with advanced local dimming backlights can have black levels rivaling plasma; LED-LCD panels are thin and lightweight — especially models with edge-lit backlights; this is the most energy-efficient display technology
Cons: picture may look a bit flat and less "filmlike" than plasmas; when viewed off-axis the picture may lose some contrast and color

Hope it helps.
Re: The Difference Between Led Tv And Plasma Tv by clip: 5:37am On Oct 30, 2013
That means plasma picture quality is better than LED LCD.
Re: The Difference Between Led Tv And Plasma Tv by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 30, 2013
LED are ment to have more vivid colours

(1) (Reply)

3D Printing: Employment Boom Or Employment Swoon? / Amazing Technologies that have totally changed our world for the better / Evolution theory is flawed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.