Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Nigeria Women Cant Drive! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigeria Women Cant Drive! (13058 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 30, 2013
serously, nigeria women cant drive, they are just to scared, when u see a woman driving note that she is driving with one mind so take minutes before they make a decision on the road. If a woman is in front of you, you would almost cry, they would want to switch lanes, then they change their mind sort off, they become confuse and end of in the middle of the road blocking everybody at her back, and note she does this without traficating, in a nut shell an average nigeria woman drives like a learner or is a learner. Usaully when people drive like that or does not drive well, we at the back would just maintain and conclude it a woman thats driving and when the person finally allow us to pass, truly truly it would be a woman. Ive never be wrong on that. But the case is not like that in orther countries.
I highly sugest women should have their own logo. Like learner is a big "L", women should be hanging a big "W" at the back and front of their car too.

45 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2013

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by dgitrader(m): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
Op, being impatient on wheels doesnt make u a better driver either!
A big 'W' sign wouldnt change anything also
Tell us how women drivers are different in your visit to other countries.
the major aspect women worldwide find very difficult is when reversing with a car.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 31, 2013
Our women cant drive! Simple! Its something i noticed. Im nt impatient! If im to wait 4 someone to reverse, i would wait. Thats paitent! But when the person start turning hear and there like she has the whole time in the world to spend on the road, i have to horn! B¡.tch get out of the way! It does nt mean im impatient.
In football, when the ball is with you, you cant spend time thinking whether to dribble or pass the you would tell your coach he is impatient after benching you for 10 matches. So as to women turn they would nt turn, go front? no! And they would be trying to turn, but at the same time doubt so is kind of, doing your leg like u wanna pass, then you drop it, over and over again.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by baconline(m): 11:33am On Oct 31, 2013
That's very true,if the car in front of me is driven ridiculously, what usually comes from my mouth is ,it's a woman driving.dats how bad it is for me. Although I have met woman who are very good drivers

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by chucky234(m): 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
I have come across good women drivers, not all of them drive badly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nikapetrelli(f): 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
Na lie joor

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Ekhemini(m): 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lolz...some men can't drive too...my mum drives better than most men

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by telim: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
hmmm, what a man can do a woman can do better. lets keep deceiving ourselves,
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
They are the best of drivers I have seen.

There was a day on 3MB when the policemen were doing their normal siren routine and could you believe the person driving right at the tail na woman? No one dare take the position from her.... she was so perfect... knows when to turn, block, reserve space and she does it perfect till she got to Iyana Oworo cos we were also behind...

Mind you, she was driving a Red Toyota Camry 2012

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Egbagirl(f): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
runzlord: serously, nigeria women cant drive, they are just to scared, when u see a woman driving note that she is driving with one mind so take minutes before they make a decision on the road. If a woman is in front of you, you would almost cry, they would want to switch lanes, then they change their mind sort off, they become confuse and end of in the middle of the road blocking everybody at her back, and note she does this without traficating, in a nut shell an average nigeria woman drives like a learner or is a learner. Usaully when people drive like that or does not drive well, we at the back would just maintain and conclude it a woman thats driving and when the person finally allow us to pass, truly truly it would be a woman. Ive never be wrong on that. But the case is not like that in orther countries.
I highly sugest women should have their own logo. Like learner is a big "L", women should be hanging a big "W" at the back and front of their car too.

alright just hold it right there! You just killed your whole rant with this. Abeg, go sidon one place.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sango will never leave ibadan to defend a man in anambra, dats D work of amadioha. moral of the story is that the OP should mind his business

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by snika: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
It's general. It's everywhere. Not just Nigerians but most women can't drive
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by safarigirl(f): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
I doubt this applies to the female drivers in Lagos. Those women are CRAZY, they can give Sebastian Vettel a run for his money on the racetrack. The last time I was in a car with one I nearly had a heart attack with her swerving, cursing and sharp breaks...her mother was worse

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by nairalforlaughs: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
Op, move to Saudi Arabia where only men drive. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by willyray(m): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
hahahahahaha grin
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Breezy90(m): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
telim: hmmm, what a man can do a woman can do better. lets keep deceiving ourselves,
cool story bro undecided
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Ifenudopa: 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
driving doesnt ve jack to do with gender its just in u,and being an impatient driver does not make u a good driver. Some women drive better dan most guys.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Uglyduckling: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
Good driving has nothing to do with gender. OP I would not be shocked if I'm a better driver than you. Besides its just prejudice, everybody just assumes that all female drivers are afraid of the road. So any case of bad driving is blown out of proprtion if the person behind the wheels is female. Finally, the fact that your beef is with Nigerian women just made you lose credibility, you have not told us your real bone of contention.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by modele2: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lol....

Well poster i am a woman and unfortunately your post is partially true. Where you are wrong is in the generalising....qualify the nigerian women with 'some' to be fair. Me sef i wan flog some of us for road, they can be sooo anoying. I dont know weather they learnt driving at old age or they are just distracted or plain scared, i really cant explain it. However we have some mumu male drivers as well that make me wonder what they were doing when their mates were learning how to drive.

But for the record i am female and a very good driver, men i give rides always comment and unfortunately the comment is ''you drive like a man'', still supporting the posters statement.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
Try some lagos women., OP
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by naijathings(m): 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
you need to see my younger sisters handle the wheel... that is when i admire them the most.
especially the youngest one she sabi drive pass that jason statham in transporter.
but if you see my mum coming on the road with a car, just dive into the nearest bush
cos she will leave the horn and put her head out of the window and shout "leave the road"
instead of using the horn. and when she get to a road where the car moves upward, you
better not be behind her. we placed a driving ban on her for life.

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
What a stereotypical post! Op I dont know you, but this sounds like the ranting of an egotistic macho man with a myopic mind.
How can you say "Nigerian women" don't know how to drive, but it's different in other countries.
When you don't go to a proper driving school and learn all the rules of the road and high way codes and signs, be you a man or woman you'll make silly mistakes on the road and even endanger lives.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
I no gree
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Mitschewwwwwww. Very Interesting topic, very scintillating too. Front page material. Nigerian women can't drive.
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Lilimax(f): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
A lot of women drives better than most men except she did not attend a good driving school .

But I hate driving behind any car bearing the 'L' sign.
I call them 'Lunatics on the road' smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by iyatrustee(f): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
Not all oh! a few of us na James Bond for road cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by yungdamaz(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
Jx lack of patience....nd fear also...buh nt all
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by imperiouxx(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
runzlord: serously, nigeria women cant drive, they are just to scared, when u see a woman driving note that she is driving with one mind so take minutes before they make a decision on the road. If a woman is in front of you, you would almost cry, they would want to switch lanes, then they change their mind sort off, they become confuse and end of in the middle of the road blocking everybody at her back, and note she does this without traficating, in a nut shell an average nigeria woman drives like a learner or is a learner. Usaully when people drive like that or does not drive well, we at the back would just maintain and conclude it a woman thats driving and when the person finally allow us to pass, truly truly it would be a woman. Ive never be wrong on that. But the case is not like that in orther countries.

LOL grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by crackhaus: 3:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
I can't believe I'm saying this, but women are generally better drivers than men.
Maybe apart from expecting other road users to give them the right of way just because they're women, they usually are better drivers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Cant Drive! by Blazinraj01(f): 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
How dare you? angry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution / These Are 5 Of The Best Jeep Concepts Created Over The Years / Cost Of O2 Sensor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.