Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

About Sap? - Career (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (144645 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by yamakuza: 2:45am On Mar 09, 2012
@nnaiah: thanks and welcome back. Your points have been noted!

@all
: It seems the general consensus is to continue with this thread, with the plea that advertisers should desist or better still, join the discourse?
Re: About Sap? by kokoA(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2012
nnaiah:

@T.Jay.Next time leave your email addr when making requests
To be sure that you know what you are talking about. it would be very nice if you attach the course ware codes Eg TAW10,TAW 12.TAW 11
http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/netweaver/abap.epx

@Ibomade.You also forgot to leave your email addr?But why?

@KokoA. You have to choose a DB TADM51 or TADM52 etc to complete the too many pages of NetWeaver training manual you must read and remember for your exam
Lagos SAP market will be a good start for new project implementations. Abuja and PH will be good also but you might be supporting projects,Many orgs in Abj and PH run SAP.It is always difficult to share the whole project experience here for everyone to read.For me, i will say the two biggest areas, a consultant must be very good at are 1.your domain knowledge 2.you must have fantastic interpersonal skills.With these two great attributes,you will succeed in your career
SAP jobs in Nigeria are rarely advertised unless the resource is extremely scarce due to market demands eg C,R,M or Is Oil etc
@skills_ict
We need you to share tips on how to get and retain SAP jobs,Nigeria is exporting SAP skills in and around Africa now.
We have a huge number of young,trained ,certified,smart and talented men and women yearning for there first SAP projects but cant find any.
We need to conquer Africa,some one should lead the way pls.
I wonder why some of us claim to have read the whole pages of this thread but still cannot locate materials,it is annoying,it simply means that such person doesnt know what he or she wants.
Please do not open more SAP threads,lets keep everything here.
@YamaKuza,Tick my name in your register,i answered present sir but you didnt hear me
@jaidopor Thanks for the compliments,i dey feel like Bill McDermott.Lets chat over the weekend

for the adverts,i will say do not throw away the baby with the bathwater at the same time.Let us use wisdom

Stop using Facebook,start using Linkedin now for the salvation of your career
cheers

Thats the man nnaiah for you. Always on point!
Re: About Sap? by Ibomade1: 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2012
nnaiah:

@Ibomade.You also forgot to leave your email addr?But why?

@ nnaiah, apologies

email: ibomade@hotmail.co.uk
Re: About Sap? by marjo: 10:44am On Mar 13, 2012
Good morning kiwi,
Could you assist me. i have read some of your posts and i need some advice - in simple english cos i'm not so tekki cheesy.
I am in HR (have my MBA in HR as well as relevant professional certifications) and am wondering what SAP can do for me as an HR person. we presently dont use it in my place of work but i would like to do a course that will give me an intro to it(e.g SAP for dummies grin). I am actually hoping to move on and feel its one of knowledge areas i need to work on to make me more marketable. In the alternative do you know any site i can visit that will enable me self train. thanks
Re: About Sap? by Obinoscopy(m): 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2012
My company has become SAP compliant. They are conducting SAP trainings for us all. Hope it will be interesting

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by skillsict: 10:39am On Mar 19, 2012
@nnaiah, good points.
Getting an SAP job these days without experience is really tricky. The easiest way for someone who is not experienced to get an SAP job is when the company you work for implements SAP. It is also relatively easy to get it through internship with consulting companies ( SAP Partners).
As for retaining the job, that will depend largely on your skills, knowledge, experience, exposure, attitude and the project.

As for Nigeria exporting SAP skills, are you talking about SAP Business One?
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2012
@skills_ict
As for Nigeria exporting SAP skills,i mean all the skills available in SAP.

So many companies are on global roll out in Africa

and it is my view that we(Nigerians in SAP ) can have a large lion share of these projects.

If you have your ears close to the ground like Al barny you will understand what i mean.
Re: About Sap? by skillsict: 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2012
@nnaiah
Thanks for the information. I really don't know what's going on at home.
Meanwhile, let's keep this thread going.
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2012
@skills_ict
As for Nigeria exporting SAP skills,i mean all the skills available in SAP.

So many companies are on global roll out in Africa

and it is my view that we(Nigerians in SAP ) can have a large lion share of these projects.

If you have your ears close to the ground like Al barny you will understand what i mean.
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2012
Very Urgent vacancy SAP PP Associate Consultant needed

We are currently seeking an experienced SAP PP/PM functional resource to join our Application Support Center
To qualify for this outstanding position, the candidate must possess at least the following:
A minimum of 4+ years of SAP Production Planning and Plant Maint. configuration / support experience in ERP 6.0 or above.
At least 2 full life cycle implementations.
Ability to handle a pipeline of numerous tickets, in terms of prioritization, categorization between break-fix and enhancements, etc.
Knowledge of interfaces supporting MM/PP/PM/WM.
SAP Hands-on experience in all aspects of SAP Production Planning, covering forecast to finish goods and req. to pay processes.
Experience with core Production Processes activities.READ MORE.http://www.scisap.com/jobs-2/
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2012
How to a successful SAP freelancer
Networking

When you are working as a SAP freelancer, obviously you create and build connections from different companies to long time clients this makes a SAP freelancer more popular of his profession. In order to establish the trust and confidence of your clients, you need to have a blog or have a social platform like Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin so that the people that will be working with you will know where to contact you and see your portfolios.

Recruiters

As you go along on your journey as a freelancer doing SAP projects, the challenges for looking projects will be difficult which is why online recruiters that are in need of SAP freelancers whether a short term or long term collaboration should be prepared with the interview. You need to remember that each client and recruiter are looking for that skills that will meet their needs and you as a SAP freelancer should be able to deliver the necessary product. Make a list of your portfolios and recent projects you have accomplished so that once a recruiter would need a sample of your work, you have something to present and remember also make a list of those references where the project was successful.

Get Help

With the various projects you would be dealing as a SAP freelancer, you will come across with the easy down to the difficult ones. Sometimes, you want to implement something but don’t know where to start. This is the time your connections works. Say if you’re just starting as a SAP freelancer, it is recommended that you get advice to Senior SAP freelancers for an advice of a particular project. You’ll gain something that will help you finished your project or solve the problem.

Have 6 Months Buffer

As a SAP freelancer, projects can stay for long or end in a breeze. A timeline for a specific project that you chose is very important before accepting so that you have everything organized. If there is a big project that needs to be work on in fast manner, then basically that translates to big money. You should manage to save some of those funds. It is always best to save for the rainy days. This scenario is to prepare yourself when you get sick or you need to have medication.

Know Your Rates

When you work on particular project may it be as freelance SAP Consultant or moderator, you should be able to gauge your rates competitively. If the client is negotiate on your rate perhaps you could give them some leeway but if the project is too tedious and the budget of the client is small then don’t be hesitant to ask for an additional but just make sure you’ll deliver.

New Skills

As a SAP Freelancer, you will faced a number of project some may require you to learn new skills or study new software. It is important that you keep yourself updated so that if a client questions you on the SAP Project you are working, you’ll be able to provide a definite answer or a solution to their query. New skills also translate more revenue. The more complex a project is the more money you can ask on your client.

Blog your Contributions

With all the hard work you have accomplished in completing those SAP projects for different clients, you should be able to share these things to your audience. This will allow you to be recognizing as an expert on SAP and be able to help other aspiring SAP freelancers.

Whether you’re just starting as a novice or already an expert in SAP Freelancing, with the right attitude, dedication and effort, you can never go wrong with your career.
Source http://scn.sap.com/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2012/03/30/7-suggestions-for-new-sap-freelancers?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: About Sap? by Toughluv(m): 5:18am On Apr 04, 2012
@nnaiah: could you pls put me 2ru on how i can get study materials on SAP IS OIL. Thanks. ma email is(illwill18ng@yahoo.com) . God bless you for helping others.
Re: About Sap? by Toughluv(m): 7:43pm On Apr 07, 2012
@nnaiah: Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. God bless you. Well, am havin problem downloading those links u sent. And according to my findingz, I learnt that I will have to pay a certain amount to have those materials. So I can read them. Pls I need Uя advice on this: do I need to d SAP SD/ MM before goin into SAP IS OIL, what's ur take on this ? Thank a billion !
Re: About Sap? by minime1001: 6:33pm On May 04, 2012
Hi All,

I am just beginning my SAP Training/career track and I feel like I have so many experience just reading the posts my Naija people have posted and still posting especially 1 thru 30. I really appreciate all the good info been shared here by the SAP experienced and newbies like myself, Please keep up the good work. I must also add that I started reading this thread for the past year before making up my mind on what module to go into...was preoccupied with my MBA courses, I will agree that we continue this thread with pleas for the more experienced chiefs like Kiwi, Markos etc to come back and weed out the advertisers.

...does anyone have info on how to be better at SAP SD module, my background is in Sales and people mgmnt...any info will help even if there are any software I can install on my system to keep my hands-on skills sharpened. THANKS

MiniMe
Re: About Sap? by Toughluv(m): 12:52pm On May 28, 2012
@nnaiah : I just want to know if its compulsory for me to study SAP SD before going into SAP IS oil and gas.
Thank you.
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 2:48pm On May 31, 2012
No it is not.
Re: About Sap? by Toughluv(m): 11:10am On Jun 02, 2012
@nnaiah: Thanks a lot, but still the challenges i have not is how am going to get SAP IS OIL/GAS materials
I want to get in touch with my friend in the US/UK maybe they can get it for over there .. or better still do you have anyplace in mind i can get the material? I have done a lot of research online to get the materials but all to no avail, and i received the curriculum you sent to me both DOWNSTREAM/UPSTREAM...
ALSO there a particular number you dropped long time ago for sap material, so i was wondering if i can get the mat. from him..
Thanks for being there always more power to your elbow
cheers
toughluv
Re: About Sap? by clementcro(m): 7:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
I did Computer Science in school, and I know SAP would be a good idea for me, but this is what i want to ask,

1) how much does it cost to do the training and certification ?
2) What is the salary range of an SAP consultant in Nigeria right now?

Would be waiting for a good reply, expecially from the experts... grin
Thanks
Re: About Sap? by mariomP: 12:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hi kiwi
I jus stumbled onto dis forum some days back, due 2 my sheer zeal 2 get more info abt SAP.I rilly appreciate ur efforts in helpin nigerians, I pray God will reward u 4 ur efforts. I'm actually planning on enrolling in a school pretty soon, buh my challenge is which module 2 certify in... I'm a graduate of banking & finance..buh dere isn't any module dat suits my academic background.. The closest is F1, which basically suits accounting graduates, but it isn't exactly my field.
2ndly, I've gotten a training school here in lagos dat will train me 4 a couple of weeks & if I pass d certification exam, they r willing 2 snd me out 2 get hands-on experience as an intern, wich sounds good enuf 4 me.
Pls sir, I jus wnt2 knw if I'm on right path in becoming certified & also which modules r out dere for banking & finance graduates.
Thanks 4 ur support, anticipating ur reply cos I'm planning on startin d training in a couple of weeks.
Thanks
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
mariom P: Hi kiwi
I jus stumbled onto dis forum some days back, due 2 my sheer zeal 2 get more info abt SAP.I rilly appreciate ur efforts in helpin nigerians, I pray God will reward u 4 ur efforts. I'm actually planning on enrolling in a school pretty soon, buh my challenge is which module 2 certify in... I'm a graduate of banking & finance..buh dere isn't any module dat suits my academic background.. The closest is F1, which basically suits accounting graduates, but it isn't exactly my field.
2ndly, I've gotten a training school here in lagos dat will train me 4 a couple of weeks & if I pass d certification exam, they r willing 2 snd me out 2 get hands-on experience as an intern, wich sounds good enuf 4 me.
Pls sir, I jus wnt2 knw if I'm on right path in becoming certified & also which modules r out dere for banking & finance graduates.
Thanks 4 ur support, anticipating ur reply cos I'm planning on startin d training in a couple of weeks.
Thanks

https://training.sap.com/us/en/certification/c_fstban_80-sap-certified-application-associate-transactional-banking-in-sap-for-banking-g/
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
mariom P: Hi kiwi
Thanks

https://training.sap.com/us/en/certification/c_fstban_80-sap-certified-application-associate-transactional-banking-in-sap-for-banking-g/
Re: About Sap? by mariomP: 9:53pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hi All,
Thanks Denzel2009 4 d link..
But that is 4 d associate level, is there any module 4 professional level, relating 2 banking & finance?
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 11:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
mariom P: Hi All,
Thanks Denzel2009 4 d link..
But that is 4 d associate level, is there any module 4 professional level, relating 2 banking & finance?

Bros, have you seen the documentations for the associate level? you go fear!
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2012
Please Mr denzel2009 we appeciate all your contributions as per sap in nigeria.
Please help in solving the qustions below:
What is the different between SAP Finance Module C_TFIN52_64 & C_TFIN52_65
Which of these module should one go for for certification sake
Please,what future do you have for sap in Nigeria,it seems that most coys go for sap business one because of fund.
Pl,also advice if one need to go for this training after the above.Because for instance this is what my coy implemented.
Thank You
Taiwo
Re: About Sap? by BAKAREAAT(m): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2012
Please Guru-Mr Denzel2009 also advice which one after finance module one should go for again ?is it SAP Business Intelligence or Oil & Gas
and what make it different from finance module.
Thank You
Taiwo
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2012
BAKAREAAT: Please Mr denzel2009 we appeciate all your contributions as per sap in nigeria.
Please help in solving the qustions below:
What is the different between SAP Finance Module C_TFIN52_64 & C_TFIN52_65
Which of these module should one go for for certification sake
Please,what future do you have for sap in Nigeria,it seems that most coys go for sap business one because of fund.
Pl,also advice if one need to go for this training after the above.Because for instance this is what my coy implemented.
Thank You
Taiwo

Please abeg o I'm not a guru o....no kill me for my kele lmao!

I believe the 64 means ECC 6 Enhancement Package 4 (just like an update to the current offering), you can write anyone but it's advisable to go for 64 since you are self studying and won't probably have an access to the update for hands-on training.

IMHO, acquiring the skills for SAP business one would help when training for ECC6.

[s]You are even more skilled than most people here, at least you have attempted it once...don't ask me how I know[/s] wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.