Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

About Sap? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (144769 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2009
Hey Guys,

As you may well appreciate, I have done my absolute best to put you on the right track.  Please research on it and send an e-mail to the appropriate training organisation.  That would be the best way to find out.

Indeed, I have made several postings here that one could also read.

kiwi992.

NB:

AGNELA

Why are you flapping?

Is it because Aiijay has caught you out parading here as someone else when you really are VAISHALLI from Genovate?  I can't seem to see the bit in Aiijay's posting that sounds like a joke to me.  Can anyone? 

Oh yeah, you speak a language here that no Nigerian ever understands.  Hindi, maybe?  Pai, nein nein kalitum!!  Now that's a crack for you.

As I said before, you need to get your hairy arse out of here and stop impersonating.

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by Ibrahym(m): 5:30am On Feb 14, 2009
oga kiwi,

abeg sponsor me to ooo, and wire me any info we go do me beta.
my addy na , ibrahym@mail.com

e she gan, na go de,
Re: About Sap? by ejehtoch: 5:53am On Feb 14, 2009
Hi Kiwi,

Kindly let me know where shall I get an SAP software'I cant afford training
Re: About Sap? by ejehtoch: 8:13am On Feb 14, 2009
Hey hi again,I was just going through all the comments and responses since I am new to this forum.I hink that while joining any institute for SAP ,we need to check its authenticity & I agree with Kiwi.
I cnt afford such costly training, but I am planning to install sap on my system and get trained from my friend who is certfied, Will this help me?
Re: About Sap? by aiijay: 7:41pm On Feb 14, 2009
ejehtoch,

pls i would also want to install the software on my pc as well, i got someone who is asking for 150k to do so. can ur friend do it for less?

Angie, no offense here, just tought u were, u really dont have to get worked up and yes and i am serious about SAP. u should not be quarelling about it, a simple - no i am not - should do.

Dear all,

i believe those that are interested to take the training and certification, that we should hook up and excahnge ideas, i am interested in HR and Project Management.

Kiwi, thanks so much, u really have inspired me in all ur postings. thank u.
Re: About Sap? by bode228: 10:30am On Feb 15, 2009
Kiwi99,
I just read your posts about SAP, to start with are they still relevaant cos I can see that they are posted last year;
Secondly, I need your advice: my career path has been on project management all along and I am PMP certified though I have been doing more of project management training design and facilitation for a consulting firm. I am considering SAP project or procurement, your advice and guidiance are direly needed.

Thanx
Re: About Sap? by bode228: 11:21am On Feb 15, 2009
Kiwi99,
Am sorry I sent my last post without reading all the previous post on the topic, however am still awaiting your advice on the relevant module.
I will also love to have the materials via bode228@yahoo.com.
Olabode ni oruko mi, mo wa lati ipinle ogun( I am Olabode from Ogun state).

Thanx
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 11:31am On Feb 15, 2009
Hi All,

MALAM

Sanu dey zua.  Mkae yuu no wori.  A go dooam fur yuu.

EJEH

Me a don tok sey man fur nak him 9ja grama befo man feet helep him broda.  A beg mkae yuu sef dey doo so.

BODE

What I have posted here about SAP is all relevant information.  It doesn't matter when I posted them - fact is fact.  Indeed there are at least two highly experienced Nigerian SAP Consultants here who can attest to that fact.  Please take your time to read through the whole thread.  All the information you want is in this thread.  I really can not repeat myself.  Hope you understand.

E ma wori.  Ma shey fu en.  Shey oti gbo? 

AIIJAY

Nwan nne.  Kedu ka odi?

You're alright.

We are one - One Nigeria and that's all that matters to me.  Nigerians must never lose out on this highly desirable technological skill.

If other nationals are smart enough to qualify as SAP Consultants, then we Nigerians are ten times smarter to do so.  We are too clever to be left behind.  Far too smart, if you ask me and the whole world knows about it.  Oh yes, they do!

Why must Nigerians be deprived of the SAP skills when the ill-trained, ill-experienced foreigners are flocking into the country to take the lucrative jobs from our people?  Surely it can not be a preserve of the Westerners, or can it?  

Sod the Westerners, sod economic globalisation.  Nigerians MUST come first in the Nigerian job market.  

kiwi992
Nigerian jobs for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2009
Hi All,

Bobo don dooam pa ona.  Ona fur luuk ona domot wey de na Internet.

kiwi992.
Re: About Sap? by Raheemoho: 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2009
Hi all,

its been a long while, i have been studying. That's the idea, you get access to the information, sites and materials and go and practice cos at the end of the day if we dont have Nigerian Consultants from this site as Kiwi said, it would be a waste.

Oga Kiwi thanks a whole for all the help, pls pls pls just ignore that Indian and dont allow him.her to spoil your mind.

We would always appreciate your help, guidance and advise.

All the best everyone and pls make una go read ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I would pop in again soon!!!!

Raheem
Re: About Sap? by bode228: 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2009
Kiwi,
Thanx a million I have receivedthe mail though am yet to explore the content, I will keep you posted.

Bode228
Re: About Sap? by Ibrahym(m): 1:50pm On Feb 15, 2009
Thanks Kiwi.
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2009
Hi All,

No probs.  Ona welcome.  Make ona dey try.

RAHEEM

Christ man!  Where the heck have you been?  I thought you had disappeared from the face of the earth.  Hope your SAP studies are going well and that you are getting there slowly but surely.

All the best.  Easy now!

kiwi992.
Re: About Sap? by ejehtoch: 5:52am On Feb 16, 2009
hi there,

I have come to know that even if anyone has knowledge ,to get certified one must have either implementation experience or sap training from auhorised institute.In that case, what should i do,
Re: About Sap? by Esah: 8:41am On Feb 16, 2009
Hi all, I am a first time visitor to this site, Good to see that there are so many of you all interested in making career in SAP.

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL NIGERIAN SAP ASPIRANTS:

SAP plans investment in Nigeria’s IT, business infrastructure
Written by Michael Eboh
Monday, 16 February 2009

Systems Applications Products (SAP) Limited one of the leading global software developer, has announced its plans to invest heavily in the development of Nigeria’s information technology infrastructure and in software development.

Mr. Pfungwa Serima , Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer SAP AfricaSpeaking during an interactive session in Lagos, Mr. Simon Paris, Senior Vice President, Europe, Middle East and Africa / Head, Emerging Market disclosed that it invest substantially in the training of Nigerians and in the deployment of applications that will transform the way and manner of doing business in Nigeria.

He said, “SAP, one of the world largest in the software application business intends to replicate its successes in South Africa in Nigeria. We have seen a lot of potentials in the Nigerian economy and we hope to take advantage of the opportunities. We have already commenced our programme of training a vast majority of Nigerians, through our partnership with a number of Nigerian universities and institutions last year. This year, we intend to expand the programme and we will be investing a substantial amount in the training of more Nigerians and in the deployment of more IT applications. Our applications have been used successfully in advanced countries, and we intend using these applications to bring about a transformation in the country’s IT industry.”

He announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with major stakeholders in the country’s oil and gas industry to help the firms improve on their processes, operations and activities.

Paris disclosed that its applications are geared towards providing solutions to the IT needs of businesses, adding that it has an increased interest in the country’s financial services industry and intends to play a major role in that area.

He further stated that it intends to play a major role in the growth and development of the economy, especially in the growth of small businesses in Nigeria, through the deployment of its tailor-made products for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs).

Speaking in the same vein, Mr. Pfungwa Serima , Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer SAP Africa, disclosed that SAP’s ambition in Nigeria is to invest in indigenous information Technology organizations, financial services, telecommunication companies, oil & Gas including the small and medium organizations.

He noted that over 50 organisations in Nigeria have started using SAP as business solutions, some of which are the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Debt Management Office, Delta State Government’s project e-Delta and Oceanic Bank as well as Standard Bank Plc.

[b][/b]Now this makes SAP a strong career , isnt it with an opportunity to grow & grow, [/i][i]

Hope you guys agree,
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 9:53am On Feb 16, 2009
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA IN CONJUNCTION

WITH SAP AG IS CURRENTLY TRAINING NIGERIANS AT

A VERY REDUCED PRICE OF 95.5K

I AM CURRENTLY ON TERP 10 TRAINING AT THE ENUGU CAMPUS OF UNN

THE FEE COVERS CERTIFICATION

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CALL DR BOLU ON 08037 75 0954
Re: About Sap? by 4tunate: 11:39am On Feb 16, 2009
@ kiwi

"The sad thing about Nigeria is that a lot of our people are employed in jobs that have got nothing whatsoever to do with their academic or professional skills. In view of this, they lack the real-life experience that's most crucial for the advancement of their careers. It's the classic 'fitting a square peg in a round hole' scenario. Then again, people need jobs so they tend to take any that comes up, inorder to feed their families. What a waste of talent. Sad really!"

@ kiwi,

I pulled the statement in bold above from a post you made several months back on this thread.

I think I might just fit well into your description!

Now, I'm seriously interested in this career path and the challenge you stated so aptly above might be a stumbling block. But I'm determined to get the SAP skill, and of course the credential to boot!

How would you advise a brother to proceed please? I don't want to give up.

In fact I'm in the process of getting a bigger PC that fits the requirement of installing the SAP R/3 IDES.

Kiwi, your enlightenment has been very inspiring and I want to say that I (we) appreciate it. God bless you.

I await your response. Thanks.
Re: About Sap? by aiijay: 11:44am On Feb 16, 2009
Nnaiah,

How is the training? though i know its the foundation stage but how helpful is it.
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 11:50am On Feb 16, 2009
Hey Guys,

Great news!  

Great news indeed and an icing on the cake for you SAP aspirants.  My prediction about Nigeria being in line to see the next wave of SAP implementations has been confirmed by this great news for our country. 

Double your efforts and get in there.  Please be quick and get certified.

kiwi992.

NB:

EJEH

Mate, please read through the whole thread.  You will find the answers to your questions.  You just need to take your time to read all what I have written.  I can not repeat myself.  Sorry!
Re: About Sap? by mowaa: 11:56am On Feb 16, 2009
nnaiah:

UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA IN CONJUNCTION

WITH SAP AG IS CURRENTLY TRAINING NIGERIANS AT

A VERY REDUCED PRICE OF 95.5K

I AM CURRENTLY ON TERP 10 TRAINING AT THE ENUGU CAMPUS OF UNN

THE FEE COVERS CERTIFICATION

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CALL DR BOLU ON 08037 75 0954

Can you please list the modules which the institution is offering
and which module are you currently enrolled for?
Thanks
Re: About Sap? by aiijay: 12:45pm On Feb 16, 2009
mowaa,

Terp 10 is an integration of buisness process which encompasses the whole module. this is foundation class.

pls for all trying to do sap, either by travelling outside or doing it in nigeria, though i think doing it outside is a lot cheaper, i believe we should hook up. we can start my knowing each other to change idaes, getting the software to practice and get hands on, have set meetings to discuss challenges we face dirng hands on, i believe it is a stepping stone.

if any one has access to getting the software installed in or systems should please indicate. though i have one, i feel he is a bit on high side, but i believe if we get together to meet poeple to install it for us, the price would reduce. most schools dont give this software (i dont know why).

pls kinldy indicate modules u would like to take as sap is quite broad. for starters my email is aiijay1@yahoo.com

for me oooo i want to go into sap HR/project management. i am contemplating to do this in india, u all know that it is cheaper in india. so lets get the dice rolling to take up the program.

there have alot of post sent on this and no none has said "oh i have started", i believe the journey of a thousand miles starts with a step, so, lets take the giant leap and get certified!

AM IN , what about u?
Re: About Sap? by mowaa: 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2009
i have started MM now Procurement, i have finished Procurement 1 (50%), now starting Procurement 2 and i will be through with MM and would now be a MM consultant. I am self studying here in Nigeria using the SAP GUI and subscribing to a service http://www.idesaccess.com monthly for live SAP access.
I would have done other modules but for my background and the demand here in Nigeria is mostly high on SAP MM, i know SAP HR demand in Nigeria is very low.
Re: About Sap? by aiijay: 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2009
Mowaa- u preparing on ur own? men that is really cool. if u can buzz me on 08056011021. we need to talk that is if u do not mind.
Re: About Sap? by bode228: 11:59pm On Feb 16, 2009
@ ALL OLD TImers,
I am new here, saw the link for Ides 6.0, broke it without stress but cant locate the software on the blogsite, shawn123, raheemo & co pls help a brother out!
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 11:06am On Feb 17, 2009
4Tunate,

Please read through the whole thread.  However, I'll summarise it for you. 

Choose a module that fits in well with either your:

1.  Professional background
2.  Academic background
3.  Current job role
     - even if it's the wrong type of job in terms of your professional or academic background, as long as you really enjoy doing that job and have acquired experience doing it.

By the way, it's good that you are taking steps to implement it on your computer.  That is the best way to train.  I tried all the other training routes and none of them worked for me except the self-training route.

SAP Academy - it's very expensive and the 4-week training is much too short to learn anything significant.  You are rushed off your feet to cover the huge syllabus and you'd probably go back home with nothing in your head, just like me, when I attended NIIT to do the MCSE, many years ago.  In the end, I had to start all over again to teach myself at home. 

IDES Access - you pay to access the IDES online, but at what price and for how long?  You only have access to your specific module, for a stipulated number of months - say two.  The more months that you book, the more money that you'd have to pay for the access. 

Using the above-mentioned training routes, one can never be au fait with the product, as compared with the one who manages to implement the product at home, and literally 'plays' with it on a daily basis, without having to fork out so much money.  This alone would give the one so much confidence, the one wouldn't believe it.  One learns so, so, so much by following this route.

Needless to say, if the one is not very familiar with the product, then the one would never have the confidence to do the job.  It's all about being able to perform on the job.  Can the one do the job?  Better still, CAN YOU DO THE JOB?  This is the big question. 

On the other hand, if the one had implemented the SAP IDES ECC 6.0 on the one's PC at home, 'played' with it on a daily basis, prepared for the Consultancy exams (over a period of nine to twelve months), and passed the rigorous exams, then it stands to reason that the one would have acquired the necessary skills (and experience with the product), as well as built up the confidence, to justify being appointed as a Junior SAP Consultant.  The one would most definitely be able to do the job when faced with the same product at work, without being scared, in the knowledge that the product with which the one trained long-term at home, is exactly what the one is using in the workplace.  How fab is that eh?  Going to work thus becomes far less stressful because you are going from home to home (or so to say), as far as the tool you'd be using at work (SAP R/3) is concerned.   

Remember that if the one can not do the job, then the one would be fired.  End of!  This is why it is crucially important for everyone to think carefully about the one's chosen training route.  Personally, I can not see the point in rushing to pass the Consultancy exams.  What's the point in qualifying if the one can not do the job? 

Indeed, there are many senior SAP Consultants out there that are not certified but are extremely good at the job because they've got a solid hands-on experience with using the product.  These guys earn a bucket-load of dosh.  You better believe it 'cos they do, simply on account of their SAP project implementation experience.

Finally, do you think that I would have had the confidence and experience to discuss SAP with you guys in such depth, the way I have been doing on this thread, had I not trained myself at home?  You go figure.

Be rest assured that I can train most of those so-called SAP Academy trainers, let alone the cowboy trainers out there.  Yes, moi, a Nairalander!

A word is enough for the wise.   

kiwi992.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Sap? by Puvguy: 11:07am On Feb 17, 2009
Kiwi u're the man. I must confess U're articulate, u write without sweat. I have been able to absolve so much from u that I start thinking I'm now SAP savvysmiley. Lemme have the decode link via my email please , e0400868@puv.fi before I become Oliver De Coque. Again thanx for ur love u surely have a kindred spirit.

One love.
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 11:29am On Feb 17, 2009
Hi Puv,

Thanks for the compliments. Glad to know that you're learning from these postings.

As a tok befo, u no sey na awa pipu wey a wan helep.  Eef yoo bee 9ja, a beg mkae yuu dey nak de ile grama mkae a take no sey yuu na awa omo.  A beg no vex.

kiwi992.
Re: About Sap? by Gobi38: 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2009
@kiwi992 - I beg an Gobi bi dis, u say mke i yan fo wafi - tro de suga to me for - fosagie AT AOL DOT COM
Re: About Sap? by Puvguy: 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2009
@Kiwi u're just so humble. Na only writers like Wole Soyinka go explain SAP like this. ur gramma na die sabi worry u. Abeg arrange that decode stuff to my email, e0400868@puv.fi. again try helep ur boy here.

I hail!!!
Re: About Sap? by Briz(m): 12:34pm On Feb 18, 2009
Quite some tym here kiwi. it got tot a tym, i thot d thread had ended coz there were no posts.

all of a sudden, i met such magnanimous amount of SAP aspirants. Gud to see.

Nyc one kiwi. i thot u resigned after then. Itz gud to see ao much pip's lyf u r touching.

am awaiting my s/w. i guess its still on the sea

Tousen
Re: About Sap? by nnaiah: 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2009
Course Description: SAP ERP - Integration of Business Processes
Course: TERP10
Course Version: 062

Prerequisites

Essential
Conceptual or practical knowledge of how companies manage their
businesses.
SAP ERP system navigation
Recommended
Basic knowledge in at least one SAP ERP application area
Duration
10 days
Goals
At the end of this course you will be able to:
Explain the organizational structures used in each business process
Identify the key master data which must be maintained to execute each business process
Discuss the ERP transactions required to complete each business process cycle
Identify the key integration points between the different business disciplines supporting each business process cycle
Audience
This course is appropriate for:
Customers and consultants who are new to the SAP ERP solution
Customers and consultants with expertise in a specific ERP business process area who want to expand their general knowledge of all business processes
IT professionals who will be supporting the business processes used by their organizations.
Project team members, who need an understanding of the key integration points between business disciplines supporting business process cycles.
Power/Super Users and End Users who want a better understanding of the total business process cycle.
Software
Presentations, demonstrations, and practice exercises were carried out using:
SAP ERP 6.0
SEM 4.0
BW 3.5
Content
Through instructor presentations, system demonstrations, hands-on exercises, and
be introduced to:

The basic structures; organizations, master data, etc.: used throughout SAP
NetWeaver as a technology infrastructure supporting ERP business processes
NetWeaver Business Intelligence (BI) as a reporting and analysis tool
learn the basic business processes used in:

Financial Accounting
Management Accounting
Human Capital Management
Procurement
Inventory Management
Material Planning
Manufacturing Execution
Plant Maintenance
Customer Service
Lifecycle Data Management
Sales Order Management
Program & Project Management
Strategic Enterprise Management On he last day of this course you will take the C_TERP10_05 certification exam.
Notes
This course introduces the basic processes of ERP. Detailed explanation of each business process, examination of alternative process steps and customizing is covered in the advanced courses associated with each process area.
Your Resource Center

Subscriptions Saved Resources
Save

Course Search

Search

Book Online

Curricula that contain this course:
SAP ERP Business Process Integration and Individual Components - E-Learning Suite
SAP ERP Business Process Integration and Solution Architecture

Want to learn more? Contact SAP for more information.

The SAP UNN center is for students only (bsc msc pgd pg ond hnd etc.) FOR STUDENTS ONLY AT 95.5K
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2009
Hi All,

GOBI

Yoo no sey a no get time fo pipu wey no be 9ja.

E be like sey e take yuu long time to reepli.  De wey wey yoo take nak the broken sef dey make me dey wonder.  No vex, mkae yuu nak yuua native 9ja grama heea e.g. Edo, a beg!  A just wan mkae suo sey yuu bee awa country man.

No wori a go dooam fo yuu wen a no propa, propa sey yuu na 9ja.  Jost nak de native grama plos brokin heea.

PUV

A tank yuu again.  A beg, mee a no bi anybodi compared wit oga kpata kpata Wole Soyinka.  Still tank yuu-o.

Wen me a dey nak oyibo a no dey tink buut wen a wan tri nak mai native grama - Kalabari, a dey tink befo a tok.  Dat meen sey a don lost fo oyibo man him country.  Hmm, na wa!  Mke God helep man.

A go dooam fo yuu.  A juust dey wait fo Gobi.  

BRIZ

Nice to see you back.

You know how it is - people do change their minds and I thought it was better for me to give out the link, as so many couldn't decode it.

It's always a very good thing to help our people 'cos if you don't look after your own, then nobody would.  Right now, I'll be interested in knowing how our people are getting on with their SAP studies, more than anything else.  

All the best.

kiwi992.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.