Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,556 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Solo Rappers With 5 Or More Platinum Albums - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Solo Rappers With 5 Or More Platinum Albums (37975 Views)

VIDEO: Dammy Krane 'Solo' - Ft. Olamide / Rappers With 10 Albums And More / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solo Rappers With 5 Or More Platinum Albums by RSAMAN(m): 6:55am On Nov 27, 2013
ssultana: u see,i could call a monkey 'cute' and dat wont be because of its outstanding natural beauty but as a result of an action it carried out

While you're at it ask the monkey to marry you

Ladies love drake's style of rap because it is not at all hardcore(something new i must say)

Nothing new, there were plenty so-called rappers with weak a55 style before drake.

...i'm so sorry op for my contribution in trying to derail ur thread which every educated and un-blind(excuse my french) human can see states clearly 'rappers who have 5 albums that have gone platinum' and not 'hi world,

Yet half of the artists on the list aren't even rappers.
While some of the rappers, not even one of their albums deserve a platinum status; i don't see anything wrong with pointing that out; why does an album with half a55ed produced beats, weak and un-inspired raps deserve to go platinum when there are 100times better albums out there? That's because they discovered they could make records for the sheep instead of records for the shepherd and you ,my dear, are just a lost sheep. And there's too many of you out there.

*drops mic*

hope you don't pick it up; because clearly, you are clueless.

1 Like

Re: Solo Rappers With 5 Or More Platinum Albums by ssultana(f): 8:20am On Nov 27, 2013
RSAMAN: .

While you're at it ask the monkey to marry you

Nothing new, there were plenty so-called rappers with weak a55 style before drake.

Yet half of the artists on the list aren't even rappers.
While some of the rappers, not even one of their albums deserve a platinum status; i don't see anything wrong with pointing that out; why does an album with half a55ed produced beats, weak and un-inspired raps deserve to go platinum when there are 100times better albums out there? That's because they discovered they could make records for the sheep instead of records for the shepherd and you ,my dear, are just a lost sheep. And there's too many of you out there.

hope you don't pick it up; because clearly, you are clueless.
your attitude (which i'm sure u share with all ur role models in the rap game) is the huge block hindering ur success...u claim drake's style isnt new but somehow,he is the only one making so much off of it,this shows he is adding a little 'extra' to the ordinary.......my advice to u is -quit the struggle- u are trying too hard to be different and in all honesty,your method of standing out is unpleasant. Jst so u know there are people who stand out in subtle ways but u just cant help noticing them *drops mic*
Re: Solo Rappers With 5 Or More Platinum Albums by RSAMAN(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2013
ssultana: your attitude (which i'm sure u share with all ur role models in the rap game) is the huge block hindering ur success...u claim drake's style isnt new but somehow,he is the only one making so much off of it

i guess you haven't heard of ja rule, he was a huge success back in the day, with rap catered for females, with smash hits such as 'always on time'. Even though i didn't like ja rule, drake isn't half as good as he was and will never get to his level.

this shows he is adding a little 'extra' to the ordinary

wait, what? What has drake added or contributed to hip hop than drag it's name through mud? Classifying himself as a rapper is an abomination to begin with. he's giving hip hop a bad name, he should be classified under rnb right now even though he will still be terrible in that particular genre, that's how talentless he is. As a so-called rap-artist his lyrics has no substance and his beats are generic hip hop crap beats you hear on the radio, his music is so light in the a55 that if you look closely at ya speakers while blazing his joints you will see tiny little heart shaped bubbles coming outta em, seriously that ain't hip hop.......

my advice to u is -quit the struggle- u are trying too hard to be different and in all honesty,your method of standing out is unpleasant.

i'm not trying to be different, i just want to listen to great music, that's why i do my research on great, wonderful music that embodies creativity instead of letting record labels, mtv and the radio feeding me half a55ed produced music and brainwashing me through their marketing campaigns that the music is good when in reality it's trash of the highest order.

Jst so u know there are people who stand out in subtle ways but u just cant help noticing them *drops mic*

by falling for sheet that's on the radio? People who listen to great music do their research.

These days the music itself does no longer sell records but it's this marketing campaigns, record label bosses who just discovered white people have started listening to rap, so let's feed them any crap we can without even trying to put any effort in it, it will sell, after all it's what's best for business, if they demand trash then it's trash they're going to get, we're just in business, who cares.

2 Likes

Re: Solo Rappers With 5 Or More Platinum Albums by ssultana(f): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
RSAMAN:

i guess you haven't heard of ja rule, he was a huge success back in the day, with rap catered for females, with smash hits such as 'always on time'. Even though i didn't like ja rule, drake isn't half as good as he was and will never get to his level.
i remember how ja rule and ashanti were almost a team back then,he took the verses and she sang the choruses....see where that 'extra-ordinary' chips in?Drake handles them all....hooks,intro,rap,choruses etcetra.besides,ja rule's voice is so scary and hoarse.i remember wishing he could just cough and clear his airways in his tracks.drake on the other hand has the softest feathery voice the rap game could boast of .....*drops mic*(pls say smtn about this mic line again,seems u missed it in your last post)
Re: Solo Rappers With 5 Or More Platinum Albums by RSAMAN(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
ssultana: i remember how ja rule and ashanti were almost a team back then,he took the verses and she sang the choruses....see where that 'extra-ordinary' chips in?Drake handles them all....hooks,intro,rap,choruses etcetra.besides,ja rule's voice is so scary and hoarse.i remember wishing he could just cough and clear his airways in his tracks.drake on the other hand has the softest feathery voice the rap game could boast of .....*drops mic*(pls say smtn about this mic line again,seems u missed it in your last post)

He ain't rap; maybe we should get that out of the way first. did you read my entire post or only what i said about ja rule? Read my entire post and you'll understand why drake will never reach the level of ja rule... EVER!
And i hate ja rule remember! He was sht! Drake just takes sh1ttiness to a whole new level, there's your extra-ordinary chip, now run along my dear.

2 Likes

Re: Solo Rappers With 5 Or More Platinum Albums by hempztah: 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
One Year Later........ today i googled "how many platinum albums did snoop dogg have"..... i really like this list, its very informative.
snoop s the only artist in this list, who i have all rap albums in my collection. i´m with rsaman most of the albums on it are pure crab, but the topic is record sales not how good or bad a album is. But hey, all snoop albums are wack!? i can´t believe my eyes as i read dat!!! i never thought that a hip hop fan is able to wright this line.
eminem´s first 3 albums where platinum worth, than he had some issues, changed his rap style and failed on every new album. nas almost destroyed his career with i´am & nastradamus. later he calls "Hip Hop Is Dead" that was just not right, and if it would he would be not innocent. drake he is no rap artist, he´s a weakasshoe jay-z is a very good lyricist, i appreciate dat, but i can´t listen to all his albums. ice cube i think hollywood stole his potential to make a good album. i´m wondering how the peace disk made it on that list. i think when u already had a huge fan-base like cube and made a break (94-98), your fans are hungry and buy the new album anyway.
music is a matter of taste and everybody, who reached peoples ears and hearts with their music deserve a platinum plaque. in my view a music album must be varied! when i listened to immortal tehnique or jedi mind tricks kind of stuff, this was good but not so varied & fancy. without diversity you will never get 5 mics, not in the source not in a teeny mag. albums from that list are diversified and in most cases blessed with a good mc and production team. when you put buzz,talent,connections,diversity,fanciness & enough munnay together is not so heavy to go platinum.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFRIMMA 2016 Awards Winners' List: Tiwa Savage & Yemi Alade Turn Biggest Losers / 2022 Nigerian Idol Season 7 (Official Thread) / The Origin Of War Btw Saheed Osupa And Pasuma Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.