Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Integrity: The Way Forward. Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Integrity: The Way Forward. Part 1 (1301 Views)

6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 / Integrity: The Way Forward. Part 2 / Is Obama Preparing The Way For 666? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Integrity: The Way Forward. Part 1 by beylinko(m): 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
Integrity according to the dictionary is defined as the adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character, honesty and having freedom from corrupting influence, motive or action. It is also a state of being whole, unbroken and undiminished in the face of prevailing circumstances. To have integrity is to be bonded by the words or the set code of a community, tradition or a particular set of people.

To have integrity is to be like a man clothed in white linen and because of the nature of what he is putting on he lives in the consciousness of staying pure. This man stays pure by avoiding things that may soil his treasured linen and may cause him to be unfit and dirty. Even if the desire to join friends at the market square to play is so alluring, this man doesn’t throw all cautions to the wind by joining them in playing. He stands back and count the cost and what keeps on ringing in his mind is “is it really worth it?” Integrity is like a garment that must be worn and without putting it on clean, diseases, infections, sicknesses and discomfort will knock at our doors.

Is Integrity real?
Integrity is a thing of the heart; it doesn’t show on the face. If it is a thing of the face many will fake it and never be caught. Integrity doesn’t just jump on people.
It has to be built and nurtured. It begins with the little committed into our hand and how well we are able to handle that little determines how much it becomes in our hands. Integrity is the ability to say no to what is wrong and yes to what is right. Integrity is when you stand for what you believe in even though it seems you are the only person on that lane.
This path-lane is always free with little or nobody travelling in it; it is so unpopular that many prefers walking in the other way simply because the integrity lane has no instant gratification and because there are absolutely no distractions on this road (these distractions comes in form of the lust of the eyes, covetousness, greediness and the wanton urge to immerse wealth) Matthew 7:14. Treading on this path require absolute alacrity with no time to be entangled with mundane things.

It is integrity that will make a man not to conform or lower his standards just because majorities do otherwise .When you have integrity, the size and volume of people who do the wrong thing or have integrity deficiency does not matter be it your family members or friends. Integrity is about character, the stuffs you are made of, your content and your being. And having a good character is not just enough; a godly character is the ultimate.
A man of integrity doesn’t just say I want to be different. His Integrity is borne out of his fear for God. This fear of God is what drives him not to compromise his standards knowing fully that he is subjected to the will of the One who made and sent him (Ps 100:3). The consciousness of upholding the ethical principles and moral standards of his ‘country’ is what is paramount in the life of a man of integrity. Acknowledging the fact that we are strangers, temporary residents and exiles upon the earth and the ability to know we are to give account of those things we do while we reside on earth is what makes us base our actions on what God wants and what He expects from us and not on what the world think is right (Heb. 11:13).
You can’t have integrity and remain in your room or be on the fence. You must definitely be noticed because you are different. Being different is not because you have two heads with a horn at the centre of each of the heads or a tail between your two legs but because of the way you carry yourself through your character and behaviour. In essence, integrity cannot be hidden, it is a light that is set upon a table in a room and it illuminates that room, generates heat and at the same time attracts flies (Matthew 5:14).

http://godsheir..com/2013/08/integrity-way-forward.html#more

1 Like

Re: Integrity: The Way Forward. Part 1 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nice one
Re: Integrity: The Way Forward. Part 1 by beylinko(m): 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2013
Elantracey: Nice one
Wow...so fast. Still trying to edit the writeup.Thanks
Re: Integrity: The Way Forward. Part 1 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
beylinko:
Wow...so fast. Still trying to edit the writeup.Thanks
smiley

1 Like

Re: Integrity: The Way Forward. Part 1 by Candour(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
If I had the power, I'll order this write up pasted on the doors of every church building in this country. Christians need to be reminded of this everyday. Integrity must show in our life otherwise the world would not listen to our message.

Integrity is what we should shine for the world to see.

@OP, God bless you indeed.
Re: Integrity: The Way Forward. Part 1 by beylinko(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
Candour: If I had the power, I'll order this write up pasted on the doors of every church building in this country. Christians need to be reminded of this everyday. Integrity must show in our life otherwise the world would not listen to our message.

Integrity is what we should shine for the world to see.

@OP, God bless you indeed.
Thank you so much for the word of encouragements... I will drop the concluding part later or u just log on to my Blog and Continue it. I

(1) (Reply)

14 Reasons Why I Never Returned To The Institutional Church / 'Send An Ambulance': Father Beats Gay Caught Molesting 11 Year Old Son / Deeper Life National Youth Success Camp(NYSC) 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.