Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,101 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:55 AM

Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? (1246 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Zahra Buhari Receives Over 10,000 Marriage Proposal In Less Than 18 Hours(Photo) / Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Jangorango: 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
This is an advice to the Ogun state government on the road expansion / rehabilitation project about to take place on Akute- Ojodu / Ijoko axis: I propose a review to the number of lanes suggesting it should be 2 to and fro.
My reasons for these are:
Having a 3 lane to and fro our community would allow for the movement of heavy duty vehicles within our locality ( A residential area ): A locality which has its road moving more people than material, machine or money. I suppose only industrialized areas should have such. I am not against the development of my community if you have done a little”forecasting”. I do know it is a residential area and since it is: a 3 lane to and fro is regarded as extreme because even the great Niger Bridge does not have more than 2 lanes to and fro despite the number of vehicles plying that route and its importance by connecting regions and states.
I also advice if the State government really has the people of Akute and environ at heart , the Ishahi Pipeline to Ojodu Abiodun road should be attended to before they begin the Akute – Ojodu Berger road rehabilitation so as to save time, reduce stress and traffic of persons within these localities and officials that are to embark on this duty.

Akintunde Ope and Edogbo Sunny.ghhtooj
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by opalu: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
Enviromental Impact Analysis EIA may have been carried out on which the state based its design. Road projects are commenced after the EIA reports are prepared and evaluated. If this was not done, the state has †̥☺ do it ASAP.
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Jangorango: 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
Its Not fair..
six lanes in a residential area ...
why not four?
The amount paid as compensation which has not been paid yet does not comencerate with the damages our Governor intends to inflict on the populace. .
we agree its a welcome development, but six lanes is too much..
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Jangorango: 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Its Not fair..
six lanes in a residential area ...
why not four?
The amount paid as compensation which has not been paid yet does not comencerate with the damages our Governor intends to inflict on the populace. .
we agree its a welcome development, but six lanes is too much..
pictures would be uploaded shortly..
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by sammy329(m): 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
6 lane is too much
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Jangorango: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
sammy329: 6 lane is too much
am trying to scale the images so you can see the images.
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Jangorango: 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
Jango_rango:
am trying to scale the images so you can see clearly.

Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Olaolufred(m): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
Go ahead. Amosu. Though you will pay so much on compensation.
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Olaolufred(m): 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
I did not buy a property in that area besause of access.
However this will open up that axis.
Land will appreciate, economic activities will increase.
That implies that more citizens will move into that axis.
More alternative routes to Olambe and ijoko to Sango.
Who says this is not laudable?
With the future loads of people that will flux into that axis.
I submit that SIA is having an excellent decision as far as that axis is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Jangorango: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
Olaolufred: I did not buy a property in that area besause of access.
I submit that SIA is having an excellent decision as far as that axis is concerned.
our view here is that for a residential area where people reside 6 lanes is too much.
Gov.Fashola demolished some parts of lagos sometime ago, of which people moved to Akute and its Environs only for their new houses and shops to be demolished again. ..
Akute has two axis to Ojodu berger ie ishashi axis and alagbole axis...
The demolishers confirmef today to us that ishasi axis is not included in d master plan, of which this route is shorter and faster. If work starts fully there would be heavy traffic as Ishasi route is in a very bad state.
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Jangorango: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
our view here is that for a residential area where people reside 6 lanes is too much.
Gov.Fashola demolished some parts of lagos sometime ago, of which people moved to Akute and its Environs only for their new houses and shops to be demolished again. ..
The demolishers confirmef today to us that ishasi axis is not included in d master plan, of which this route is shorter and faster. If work starts fully there would be heavy traffic as Ishasi route is in a very bad state.
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Jangorango: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Jangorango: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Theben(m): 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
opalu: Enviromental Impact Analysis EIA may have been carried out on which the state based its design. Road projects are commenced after the EIA reports are prepared and evaluated. If this was not done, the state has †̥☺ do it ASAP.
Assessment
Re: Gov.Amosun's Akute/ojodu 6 Lane Road Proposal in a residential area-A GOOD Idea? by Jangorango: 3:22am On Oct 31, 2013
opalu: Enviromental Impact Analysis EIA may have been carried out on which the state based its design. Road projects are commenced after the EIA reports are prepared and evaluated. If this was not done, the state has †̥☺ do it ASAP.
Does the Environmental Impact Assesment and Environmental Audit include rendering a lot of people homeless without adequate compensation?
some landlords were in tears as they said the government SIA wants to pay a story building with Certificate of ownership 350k.
Honestly tell me after demolishing a house worth 5-10 million naira, what can this money realy do ?

(1) (Reply)

‘Missing’ N8 trillion: NNPC admits owing Federation Account / Presidency Moves Against Defected PDP Lawmakers / North-west Elders Reels Out Jonathans Acheivement In Their Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.