Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,349 members, 7,780,938 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:54 AM

Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars (28142 Views)

Oduah Loses Bid To Stop Bulletproof Cars Probe / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars / Fg May Sack Workers In NCAA, Others Over Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by infonubia(m): 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Wow! Nigerians who have expressed their displeasure at how Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah spent $1.4 million on two cars would be shell-shocked when they find out it she actually ordered six of such bulletproof cars, according to reports by a group known as Investigative Reporters In Aviation (IRA).

Going by this report, I can't seem to understand why she needed so many bulletproof cars, who is after her life? Is this just another case of excessive greed?

Here's how Sahara Reporters tell the story:

A group known as Investigative Reporters In Aviation (IRA) has come out with yet another bombshell on the wanton looting of the nation’s financial resources by the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, and her disorganization of the entire aviation sector.

Speaking for the group, Mazi Kanayo Ochei, and Kenneth Uti President and Secretary respectively, said their investigations reveal that in addition to the two cars she forced the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to purchase for her, she also forced the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) and the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) to buy two each of the same brand of cars.

“I don’t understand why Nigerian media are shouting about NCAA alone, when a total of six bulletproof cars were actually purchased by the Minister on the bill of three aviation agencies,” they said.

“Our work as IRA revealed that while Nnamdi Udoh of NAMA bought two BMW, Joyce Nkemakolam (Acting DG) of NCAA bought two BMW, and Mr. Uresi George of FAAN bought two bullet-proof American specs limousine for the Minister of Aviation.”

They further stated that all the purchases were made from Coscharis Motors and cannot be denied.

“If Nigerians really know the magnitude of the rot in the Aviation Industry as at this moment, they will carry placards against this administration,” the IRA officials said, noting that the FAAN is heading for bankruptcy, with the MD on the verge of taking a bank loan to pay workers’ salaries last month.

“The only option left for FAAN now is to begin to use part of their statutory remittance to Federation Account to offset their bills.”

On the part of NAMA, the IRA described it as being in disarray, that nobody seems to know what is going on and that the workers have completely lost confidence in the Management. They noted that members of the NAMA staff have threatened on several occasions in the recent past to embark on industrial action based on poor conditions of service and heaps of unpaid allowances.

“IRA further wants EFCC to call Coscharis Motors for questioning on the six cars purchased by the Minister so as to get to the root of this issue,” they said.

It would be recalled that on October 19, the Director-General of the NCAA, Capt. Fola Akinkuotu, told a press conference in Abuja that the Federal Government was hunting for the whistleblower who leaked the story of the two scandalous armoured cars the agency bought for Mrs. Oduah at a cost of N225m.

On October 21, SaharaReporters further reported that NAMA had also purchased four Toyota Tundra vehicles for Mrs. Oduah in addition to four stretch limousine cars that were said to have been bought for the transportation of VIPs to the Ministry.

In a statement, Supo Atobatele, the General Manager of NAMA, attacked the report as “frivolous, malicious and mischievous.”

“We hereby make it categorically clear to the unsuspecting public that this evil story as being promoted, is patently false in its entirety and calculated to put the agency and the office of the minister into disrepute,” he said.

IRA has called on President Jonathan to recognize that only a level-headed, matured and patriotic Minister can help Nigerian Aviation industry, “not a self-seeking, corrupt and proud person like Stella Oduah.”

Furthermore, the group said, “We also want to advise the newly confirmed Director-General of NCAA Fola Akinkotun to stop defending what he knows practically nothing about, while we sympathize with his position, we advise him to stop making any further reckless press statement in any futile attempt at defending those who all Nigerians know how they ganged up to prevent him from taking up the position of the DG NCAA for almost 5 months after he was chosen by President Jonathan.”

This morning, George Uresi, the chief executive officer of the FAAN admitted to a hearing of the Senate Aviation Committee that the agency indeed bought four bullet proof cars for Ms. Oduah at N70 million each.

Share you thoughts..

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/aviation-minister-bought-six-not-two-bulletproof-cars-investigation-group-alleges

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/10/bulletproof-car-saga-nigerian-aviation.html

2 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Tolexander: 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
Stellahara Reporters again?

You people are just very wonderful!

11 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by RockMaxi: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
brb.

Edited.
Some people still believe that this whole scenario is still a plot just to tarnish the good work of the Minister.. With this bullet proof car Jamboree.
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Wsdm: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
RIDICULOUS! And some people are proud to be associated with this CLEAR THIEF.

14 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by infonubia(m): 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
Tolexander: Stellahara Reporters again?
Stellahara? lol

1 Like

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by albacete(m): 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
This report cannot be substantiated. Where's the evidence?

Well those were the questions we asked for the NCAA cars anyway.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by infonubia(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
HNosegbe: This report cannot be substantiated. Where's the evidence?

Well those were the questions we asked for the NCAA cars anyway.
So you really believe this is all fabricated?

1 Like

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
infonubia:
So you really believe this is all fabricated?

Read the second part of my post.

3 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by infonubia(m): 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
HNosegbe:

Read the second part of my post.

Ahh...got you. My bad wink

1 Like

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Jbluv55(m): 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
Well........Am speechless 4 now.
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by tnature: 12:17am On Oct 31, 2013
Mehn, Naija has got a long way to go with these crop of leaders.

1 Like

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:42am On Oct 31, 2013
Why didn't she bought a Main Battle Tank. An M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank goes for only $6.5m. It makes sense and will give her all round protection, and even some offensive capability with its twin machine gun and long range 125mm gun.

47 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Kanwulia: 12:44am On Oct 31, 2013
Hmmmmm!
The plot THICKENS! cheesy
Nigerian women don suffer for Nigerian politics!
It is always gonna be a MAN'S WORLD in THE AFRICAN JUNGLE!

Hallelujah to the civilized world!!!! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by wuye: 1:29am On Oct 31, 2013
Infact am speechless. What can we call ds act, greed, selfishness or what? Or is it loot? Anyway let wait 2 hear her view b4 we judge.
But para-venture if she's guilty of d allegations, ooooooooh, i will hmmm. Wait till dat tym sha.

2 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 31, 2013
wuye: Infact am speechless. What can we call ds act, greed, selfishness or what? Or is it loot? Anyway let wait 2 hear her view b4 we judge.
But para-venture if she's guilty of d allegations, ooooooooh, i will hmmm. Wait till dat tym sha.

Bust she failed to show up for the hearing.
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by wuye: 2:37am On Oct 31, 2013
Buh i think she's in isreal. Besides even she fails 2 show up 4 now, she cant avoid not showing up. Probably, want 2 prepare 4 d drilling.
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Jeel: 3:43am On Oct 31, 2013
This woman will survive this crisis!
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by infonubia(m): 5:11am On Oct 31, 2013
wuye: Buh i think she's in isreal. Besides even she fails 2 show up 4 now, she cant avoid not showing up. Probably, want 2 prepare 4 d drilling.
She is planning for a robust defense...lol
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by infonubia(m): 5:12am On Oct 31, 2013
Jeel: This woman will survive this crisis!
Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with you. sad
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by EzePromoe: 5:56am On Oct 31, 2013
Tolexander: Stellahara Reporters again?
When they were hitting Stella, you guys called it the best, and now table don turn, its now Stellahara abi? Shame to South Western media, Nairaland inclusive!

1 Like

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by DuduNegro: 6:02am On Oct 31, 2013
Going by this report, I can't seem to understand why she needed so many bulletproof cars, who is after her life? Is this just another case of excessive greed? 

She needs a safe and secure shell against robbers and kidnappers when she go visit mama and papa in village.
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by DuduNegro: 6:05am On Oct 31, 2013
Eze Promoe:
When they were hitting Stella, you guys called it the best, and now table don turn, its now Stellahara abi? Shame to South Western media, Nairaland inclusive!

My friend shut up!! Stella must go! Maduka must pay tax and Coscharis mist be audited. angry

11 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Tolexander: 6:08am On Oct 31, 2013
Eze Promoe:
i called them stellahara reporter because they are just very wonderful in the exposure of this 'caromaniac' aviation minister.

What table has turned, has she been justified? If justified, who wouldn't know that it will be as a result of the corrupt system of the nation?

Shame on the southeastern people that couldn't call the spade a spade for us to treat it like a spade.

Stellahara reporters, please continue to expose the damn woman acquiring cars like a garage!

19 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 31, 2013
infonubia:
Speaking for the group, Mazi Kanayo Ochei, and Kenneth Uti [/b]President and Secretary respectively, said their investigations reveal that in addition to the two cars she forced the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to purchase for her, she also forced the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) and the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) to buy two each of the same brand of cars.

“Our work as IRA revealed that while [b]Nnamdi Udoh
of NAMA bought two BMW, Joyce Nkemakolam (Acting DG) of NCAA bought two BMW, and Mr. Uresi George of FAAN bought two bullet-proof American specs limousine for the Minister of Aviation.”

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/10/bulletproof-car-saga-nigerian-aviation.html
Persecution! Marginalization! They hate us because we are Jews, God's chosen ones and because we are industrious. They want to steal our houses after we helped them build their Amala and ewedu villages from scratch...

I also heard Mazi Kanayo Ochei and Kenneth Uti are really Yorobbers related to Tinumbu and Fashola. Oh, and that they are Osus.

11 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by waternogetenemy: 6:19am On Oct 31, 2013
Sahara Fake News...

In a civilised world they will allow the appropriate authority confirm allegation before publishing them as fact.

Some reporters need school of journalism.

7 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by EzePromoe: 6:22am On Oct 31, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

My friend shut up!! Stella must go! Maduka must pay tax and Coscharis mist be audited. angry

If she doesn't then, you'll use your head and hit the BMW screen abi? tongue

4 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 31, 2013
Eze Promoe:
If she doesn't then, you'll use your head and hit the BMW screen abi? tongue

When was the last time anyone in your lineage ever got in the back of a BMW 760Li that youre defending this crook so much just because of N500/day? Look at your life: For $2.75/day youre willing to sell the future of your great grand children. Lmao Poverty is indeed a disease.

19 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by EzePromoe: 6:28am On Oct 31, 2013
Tolexander: i called them stellahara reporter because they are just very wonderful in the exposure of this 'caromaniac' aviation minister.

What table has turned, has she been justified? If justified, who wouldn't know that it will be as a result of the corrupt system of the nation?

Shame on the southeastern people that couldn't call the spade a spade for us to treat it like a spade.

Stellahara reporters, please continue to expose the damn woman acquiring cars like a garage!

In another news, only 52 million have been paid for the two cars

https://www.nairaland.com/1498648/armoured-car-controversy-only-n52/
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by EzePromoe: 6:33am On Oct 31, 2013
kingoflag:

When was the last time anyone in your lineage ever got in the back of a BMW 760Li that youre defending this crook so much just because of N500/day? Look at your life: For $2.75/day youre willing to sell the future of your great grand children. Lmao Poverty is indeed a disease.

Even if I live on $0.5 a day, but at least I still eat when I want to, pay electric bills, TV subscription and other taxes, and I've never asked you for your support. SO GET LOST!

7 Likes

Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Tolexander: 7:05am On Oct 31, 2013
Eze Promoe:
In another news, only 52 million have been paid for the two cars

https://www.nairaland.com/1498648/armoured-car-controversy-only-n52/
have been paid!

Meaning the balance will soon be made!

In another news;
https://www.nairaland.com/1498942/faan-also-bought-2-bullet
Re: Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 31, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Even if I live on $0.5 a day, but at least I still eat when I want to, pay electric bills, TV subscription and other taxes, and I've never asked you for your support. SO GET LOST!

Still didnt answer when the last time was that anyone in your lineage got into the back of the car youre defending the thief buying with money meant for all Nigerians.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Inspects 80% Completed Oja Oba Market, Ado Ekiti (photos + Video) / Hon. Fred Agbed's House Burnt By Unknown Gunmen (Photos) / What Is Federal Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.