Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (413722 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
@ Prof Mk, where is that ur car? It is usually a great source of motivation to many of us that are new to this biz. I'm looking for that car

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
mk82:
Good... now send your tithe asap! grin

cheesy Yes boss. I must get 2 u asap. Thanks a lot.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mintyx(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
Pls @Op or any one experienced with Odesk, i hv registered with them and verified my acct too. I have also posted a job with a fixed price and yet to attract writers! Is dia any trick to attracting writers faster?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
mintyx: Pls @Op or any one experienced with Odesk, i hv registered with them and verified my acct too. I have also posted a job with a fixed price and yet to attract writers! Is dia any trick to attracting writers faster?
You will attract writers as long as your conditions are fair. Some jobs start getting applications within a few hours while some take a few days. It's dependent also on the availability of writers in the niche.
Compare your job post with others in the same category.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mintyx(m): 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
mk82:
You will attract writers as long as your conditions are fair. Some jobs start getting applications within a few hours while some take a few days. It's dependent also on the availability of writers in the niche.
Compare your job post with others in the same category.

Thanks so much. i will try maybe editing it again and see wat happens... #so greatful!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 7:02am On Jul 30, 2014
mk82:

HOW TO USE FREE COPYSCAPE (Edited)
Note **The premium copyscape account is a necessity if you are really serious about online publishing. It gives you more results than the free version and is more convenient. 100 credits costs just $5 (about N800) and you need just about 3-5 per book. This means your N800 can last for up to 30 books.

However, Copyscape provides a free option that you can use if you cannot afford the premium account.
1. Go to .com and create a new blog.
2. Create a new post on this blog and paste the content of your book there. I advice copying not more than 3000 words per time for the best results.
3. Publish the blog post then copy the URL.
4. Go to copyscape.com and paste the URL in the provided space and click Go. Copyscape will do the check for you and display the results. You can only use this free test 10 times per URL every month. If you exceed this number, simply create another blog.
5. Also, the free version is limited to 10 results. If you have up to 10 results, make necessary corrections and test again.

**Delete the blog post when you are done.
That's all!
I actually followed the instruction on using the free version of CS but it does not work for me. Each time I entered the url of my blog and hit go, I get an error message saying (url too short, copyscape need at least 15 characters to work). Meanwhile, my blog url is more than 15 characters.

I don't want to just publish my rewriting book should it still have plagiarism issue to avoid an outright ban on Amazon because they've warn me before. July have just ended and I'm still yet to publish my first book. This is not good for me. I don't want to be hindered anymore.

Prof, pls don't be offended, I want to ask for a special favour from you. I want to opt in for copyscape premium but the means of paying for it is not readily available at time. So, I want to request that you help me make the payment and let pay you the equivalent in naira. This will enable me to get on board faster.

Let me know if this request is granted so I can forward my Copyscape account detail to you immediately.

Thank you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
CosmicJames:
I actually followed the instruction on using the free version of CS but it does not work for me. Each time I entered the url of my blog and hit go, I get an error message saying (url too short, copyscape need at least 15 characters to work). Meanwhile, my blog url is more than 15 characters.

I don't want to just publish my rewriting book should it still have plagiarism issue to avoid an outright ban on Amazon because they've warn me before. July have just ended and I'm still yet to publish my first book. This is not good for me. I don't want to be hindered anymore.

Prof, pls don't be offended, I want to ask for a special favour from you. I want to opt in for copyscape premium but the means of paying for it is not readily available at time. So, I want to request that you help me make the payment and let pay you the equivalent in naira. This will enable me to get on board faster.

Let me know if this request is granted so I can forward my Copyscape account detail to you immediately.

Thank you.
The free copyscape should work. I know it works with blogger so I don't understand the problem you have. Maybe you should try it in another browser.
I will not be able to pay for you.
Note: If you can pay me in naira you can as well pay for yourself. Any good Nigerian bank debit card that works online will work on copyscape.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
mk82:
The free copyscape should work. I know it works with blogger so I don't understand the problem you have. Maybe you should try it in another browser.
I will not be able to pay for you.
Note: If you can pay me in naira you can as well pay for yourself. Any good Nigerian bank debit card that works online will work on copyscape.

My Copyscape (free version) problem is now solved. Copyscape is not able to check a blog with just a single post on it. Maybe that's how it is design to work? I added another blog post to my blog and it was checked successfully without errors. Now, I'm good to go!

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
CosmicJames:

My Copyscape (free version) problem is now solved. Copyscape is not able to check a blog with just a single post on it. Maybe that's how it is design to work? I added another blog post to my blog and it was checked successfully without errors. Now, I'm good to go!
That's good to hear.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
mk82:
That's good to hear.
Please, is there a way of checking your kindle earnings beyond that on the reports page.

Today shows: View units ordered and royalties earned between May 06, 2014 and August 04, 2014

Can an earlier date be checked?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Please, is there a way of checking your kindle earnings beyond that on the reports page.

Today shows: View units ordered and royalties earned between May 06, 2014 and August 04, 2014

Can an earlier date be checked?
When you click on reports, you will see the following options:
Sales Dashboard
Prior Six Weeks' Royalties
Promotions
Month-to-Date Unit Sales
Prior Months' Royalties
Payments.
A brief explanation of the information provided by each option is also given.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
mk82:
When you click on reports, you will see the following options:
Sales Dashboard
Prior Six Weeks' Royalties
Promotions
Month-to-Date Unit Sales
Prior Months' Royalties
Payments.
A brief explanation of the information provided by each option is also given.
Thank you very much.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Safari29: 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
I can't sign in into the site
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
@mk82
Thank you very much for all the info you have placed here.
I have searched everywhere for kdp and this thread is the simplest amd most useful for kdp as far I am concerned.

As a newbie, I have a couple of questions. I hope you wouldn‘t mind,

How do you upload the inner cover of the book?
How do you use the kindle previewer to determine how the look inside preview of the book will look like? Thanks in advance.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
Thanks MK82 for starting this thread. I got my first payment last week...$100. Not so much, but going to the ATM in Nigeria to withdraw N10,000 left me speechless, and it opened my eyes to the endless possibilities of this money making system. It is not a 'get rich quick' scheme, so it is almost guaranteed that anyone that puts in the time and work will make money. No Food For Lazy Man.

I am still thinking of that day last week when I withdrew that ten thousand Naira...as I said, it is not much, but you don't know the feeling of holding money you know you made with your BRAIN.

I am going to grow gradually. My next target is to start making $200 a month, with time, I will expand my target till I reach a thousand dollars target a week. That is my ultimate goal, so I want to go gradually so I don't overwhelm myself. Anything is possible GUYS! Go for it. Make that money. This is real.

Another reason why I advise anyone reading this to give this his 100% is that he/she will keep receiving passive income for months for work (good work) done just once, and also because this income stream doesn't depend on the Nigerian economy. YOU DON'T HAVE ANY EXCUSE NOT TO MAKE MONEY.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Randerl: 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
I Thank God for your comments here in addition to that of the OP and several others GOD. Bless you all

kay29000: Thanks MK82 for starting this thread. I got my first payment last week...$100. Not so much, but going to the ATM in Nigeria to withdraw N10,000 left me speechless, and it opened my eyes to the endless possibilities of this money making system. It is not a 'get rich quick' scheme, so it is almost guaranteed that anyone that puts in the time and work will make money. No Food For Lazy Man.

I am still thinking of that day last week when I withdrew that ten thousand Naira...as I said, it is not much, but you don't know the feeling of holding money you know you made with your BRAIN.

I am going to grow gradually. My next target is to start making $200 a month, with time, I will expand my target till I reach a thousand dollars target a week. That is my ultimate goal, so I want to go gradually so I don't overwhelm myself. Anything is possible GUYS! Go for it. Make that money. This is real.

Another reason why I advise anyone reading this to give this his 100% is that he/she will keep receiving passive income for months for work (good work) done just once, and also because this income stream doesn't depend on the Nigerian economy. YOU DON'T HAVE ANY EXCUSE NOT TO MAKE MONEY.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
Sarahn: @mk82
Thank you very much for all the info you have placed here.
I have searched everywhere for kdp and this thread is the simplest amd most useful for kdp as far I am concerned.

As a newbie, I have a couple of questions. I hope you wouldn‘t mind,

How do you upload the inner cover of the book?
How do you use the kindle previewer to determine how the look inside preview of the book will look like? Thanks in advance.
1. You don't have to upload an inner cover. It is the same cover that you upload that amazon will use for the inner cover.
2. Use the previewer that is available when you are publishing your book. Once your cover and book file are uploaded, you will see where to click on the online previewer. This enables you to see how your book will look like when published. You can then see the cover and every other part of the book.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
kay29000: Thanks MK82 for starting this thread. I got my first payment last week...$100. Not so much, but going to the ATM in Nigeria to withdraw N10,000 left me speechless, and it opened my eyes to the endless possibilities of this money making system. It is not a 'get rich quick' scheme, so it is almost guaranteed that anyone that puts in the time and work will make money.
Thanks for the message.
Did you receive your money with Latimer?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
kay29000: Thanks MK82 for starting this thread. I got my first payment last week...$100. Not so much, but going to the ATM in Nigeria to withdraw N10,000 left me speechless, and it opened my eyes to the endless possibilities of this money making system. It is not a 'get rich quick' scheme, so it is almost guaranteed that anyone that puts in the time and work will make money. No Food For Lazy Man.

This is great! Finally, you have tasted the reward of your labor. This is another success story from Amazon KDP and is very encouraging.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
mk82:
1. You don't have to upload an inner cover. It is the same cover that you upload that amazon will use for the inner cover.
2. Use the previewer that is available when you are publishing your book. Once your cover and book file are uploaded, you will see where to click on the online previewer. This enables you to see how your book will look like when published. You can then see the cover and every other part of the book.

Thanks, I thought the online previewer for not for our country and to think that I got the software for it.
Thank you for clearing that up.

I have another question, are we allowed to publish books in different sections or is there a limit to it?
For instance, If I write a health book, can I also go to completely unrelated category such as business to publish a book.
I am new at this and I want to test different categories. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
Sarahn:

Thanks, I thought the online previewer for not for our country and to think that I got the software for it.
Thank you for clearing that up.

I have another question, are we allowed to publish books in different sections or is there a limit to it?
For instance, If I write a health book, can I also go to completely unrelated category such as business to publish a book.
I am new at this and I want to test different categories. Thanks.
Yes you can. It is better to do so with different pen names so that you do not look like a jack of all trades. I think it is better to use different pen names for different niches.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Yes you can. It is better to do so with different pen names so that you do not look like a jack of all trades. I think it is better to use different pen names for different niches.

Thank you for the info.
I have another question if you don‘t mind, what is the minimum number of words that can be written and what is the maximum?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
Sarahn:

Thank you for the info.
I have another question if you don‘t mind, what is the minimum number of words that can be written and what is the maximum?
Anything above 2500 words is okay but it is about the quality of book that matters.

A long book filled with materials that are not needed could annoy customers. Or, short with points that are already known and contribute nothing.

As long as it is good information and well researched, it is okay.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Anything above 2500 words is okay but it is about the quality of book that matters.

A long book filled with materials that are not needed could annoy customers. Or, short with points that are already known and contribute nothing.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
Sarahn:
Thank you for the info.
thegoodjoehunt3: Anything above 2500 words is okay but it is about the quality of book that matters.
2500 words is rather small if you want to produce a quality book that will satisfy your buyers. I go with a minimum of 5000 words and some of my books are more than 15000 words.
Kindle has become more competitive and you need to produce quality books if you want to make sales.
My suggestion is to check the size of the bestselling books in your target niche then produce similar quality/quantity.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
CosmicJames:
This is great! Finally, you have tasted the reward of your labor. This is another success story from Amazon KDP and is very encouraging.

Yes o! And I am motivated to work harder and smatter.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Thanks for the message.
Did you receive your money with Latimer?

What does latimer mean? I received the money via payoneer, and withdrew the money with my payoneer atm card.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
kay29000:

What does latimer mean? I received the money via payoneer, and withdrew the money with my payoneer atm card.
Sorry, I meant Payoneer. My Tab's auto correct caused the error. Thanks, you have answered my question.

@mk82 thanks for the 5000 words tip. Although I have seen some short books sell, I understand your point on staying ahead of the competition.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Ojireal(m): 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
check this out and wish u had nt ignored it a branch of dis trend and will help us boost sales:
www.nairaland.com/1847695/making-money-review-kindle-market
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Ojireal(m): 12:14am On Aug 08, 2014
A must read:
You can lose 30pound in 2weeks eating the things you cherish: secrets
uncovered.
if your want to take part in the success story this month, what are you waiting
for go grab a copy of:
50 super shred smoothies: the ultimate guide to weight loss and health dieting
and
Fast weight loss: your easy formular to loss 30 pounds eating super foods
Download via this link before the price skyrockets:
www.amazon.com/dp/b00lgaz0as
http://amazon.com/dp/B00L703D2Y
Steve Taylor added 3 new photos.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Ojireal(m): 12:17am On Aug 08, 2014
check this out and wish u had nt ignored it a branch of dis trend and will help us
boost sales:
www.nairaland.com/1847695/making-money-review-kindle-market
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
mk82:

@Colynx, I am putting up this post with reference to your insinuation (bolded above) and as a compound reply to all other antagonists and "info marketers" who have attempted to take over this thread in order to sell Kindle Publishing Information to unwary novices. This reminds me of the of the days of Success Digest Extra when all we had were info marketers that were buying cars from selling eBooks and seminars to ignorant people.

I have challenged a few people to show proof of their kindle achievement before claiming the status of "online publishing veterans" and none of them has been able to show anything.

@Colynx, I was not surprised when I saw your advert in the preceding post. Thank you for your Remittance Advice Screen Shot. However, it showed you made $17.02 dollars in the UK marketplace in the two months of August and September 2013. That is $8.5 each month. That is less than what I make in one week in the UK. I don't know your US marketplace income for those months and I'm not assuming anything.

I have uploaded below, the screen shot of my November 2013 income for the US market place up till today(Nov 29). It shows total sales and borrows of 407. None of those books are below $2.99. So using a royalty of 70% that is 407 x 2= $814. If you remove tax and Payoneer charges that is about N85,470 for the US market place sales/borrows alone. I have already crossed N100,000 so far this month when the UK,CA and DE marketplace sales are added.

My overall kindle income crossed 1 million naira a few months ago and it is moving rapidly towards the second million.

I have been unfairly accused of all sort of things on this thread and the same people turned around "looking for novices to devour".

I did not create this thread to market kindle publishing to anybody. I do one-on-one training for N20,000 and I pour my heart out to all trainees so they will not have problems. I also offer as much support as I can until they stabilize. Most people get this money (N20,000) back within 2 months from the sales of their books.

I am doing this just to help and encourage more people to come in. (I spend over 1 hour daily replying emails and answering questions because of this thread). When I started in June 2012, there were about 1.69 million books on KDP. Now there are over 2.25 million. That is about 500,000 books. I have just over 30 of those books and I wondered how nice it would be if about 100,000 of those books were published by fellow Nigerians.

At a point, this thread became too argumentative and many posters were blowing hot air about "making it" with fiction blah, blah, blah. That is why I stayed off most of this week.

I have trained a few people one-on-one and I have access to about 5 accounts of people I trained and the least of them is making over N20,000 every month with 5 to 8 books. They all started less than 8 months ago. One of them a lady, collected over N60,000 yesterday (September sales).

I will prefer those that are here to market their information to open their own Amazon Kindle Threads on nairaland so we will not be confused.(Personally, I believe if you are making so much money from the knowledge, you will not have to market it)

As the saying goes "it's a free world". If you are reading this and you do not want to follow me, good luck. I do not have the "sweet mouth" to convince anybody because I am not naturally a marketer. What I know is that Kindle publishing works for me and my protégés have been able to repeat similar success. We are no longer doing trial and error. If this thread will produce 10 to 20 individuals who are making at least N50,000 monthly from Kindle Direct publishing, then MY WORK IS DONE.

Good day all!

eeeeewuuo.....
A very good nigerian by heart!
God bless u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.