Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (413770 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 9:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Via the US Payment option, right?
In your take, what is the ideal number of pages you would go for?

Of course.
Well, it depends on the genre. Check similar books and copy what they do.
But in my two-cented opinion,
I won't really say pages, rather words. 10, 000 words is the minimum and I will price it at .99 cents. In my experience, 5000 words is about 15 pages, so 10k is about 30 pages. I would advise at least 20,000 words and price 2.99. The idea is give readers the impression that they are getting value at such a price. This can attract readership with the right marketing.

@ResourceMan
I am most flattered by your comment. One good turn deserves another. MK helped me out, and this newbie is simply trying to repay a favour that she is eternally grateful for.

@Zico0
A free promotion is different from sales. I have downloaded lots of free books but never read them. Really, people just download cos it is free.
It is a different matter when it comes to sales.

I'll tell you what:
I will give the links to my kindle books if your book ranks under #20,000 i.e sells 1copy per day every day with that cover and description. And I then realize that you are the God of luck and I humbly request to be your follower.
And I guess I will owe you an apology. Please take my ecovers as a peace offering.
You would have found yourself a hungry market who would buy anything you give to them.
In other words, it's quite the miracle in kdp that I have been wishing for.... You may have actually found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 22, 2014
Sarahn:

Price
First off, the book is too freaking expensive. $5 for 11 pages! Add more content or reduce the price.

Why the Kindle list price so darn high? Make it 2.99 then the print list price $10. Make buyers feel like they have a bargain.

On the cover
What is up with the font and accent colours? GREEN! I hate green. I kept thinking aliens, green people from Mars are invading our planet. smiley
I could not see the title in the thumbnail size. Change the colour and the size.

Product Description
Are you a lawyer, or a geek?
I was put off by the product description. It felt like I was reading legalese. Everyone is put off by legalese. You are making the book look boring by that product description. I love books, but that product description will have me running.

Pen Name
What sort of pen name is Justim Tim? You are giving relationship advice. Sound professional. Use doctorish pen name such as Dr. Charles Livingstone. A pen name that says authority.

Title
What's up with the title? Relationship killers? HELL NO! Now you sound like a bloody Nigerian.
Did you do niche research? Did you check similar books like yours? Did you see that kind of title?
I browse on Amazon and I swear by ten heavens, that if I see a title like relationship killers, I shall never buy it.
It is not sell-worthy.
Check what title other authors in your niche are using and do same.

Thanks for your criticism of the book, even though it was a review I asked for which the other guy (NaLaugh) did perfectly. This same book has sold over 735 copies in other sites FYI.
Your approach to issues is just too one-sided. Learn to be open a bit please. As for the price tag, it's $2.99. You are seeing that figure there because you're viewing that page from a Nigeria IP address.

Thanks but be open a bit please.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
NaLaugh:

First off, a man who can not get the spelling of his own name right should never be trusted cheesy Just kidding... but am i? undecided

As indicated in the book, your pen name is "Justin Tim" (two first names, but that's beside the point). However, your book cover has a very
glaring typo of your name as "Justi m Tim." Fix that asap.

This is your description below:

1. The word "in" should not exist in that sentence, as its presence makes the sentence meaningless and grammatically wrong.

2. Change "highlighting" to "highlight"

3. "If such issue(s) is not" - This should read "If such an issue(s) is not" OR "If such issues are not." (Don't forget to adjust the rest of the sentence accordingly).

4. There should be only one period after "union." There isn't a reason here to have used "..." to bridge two unrelated sentences.

5. The sentence portion in bold beginning with "blames, accusation..." should be completely reworded.

6. I'm not sure why you have your last three lines in quotes, but there should not be quotes over there.

Also, when writing quotes, periods go inside the quote, not outside. e.g "bla bla." not "bla bla".

It is not a bad description, it just needs to be properly written. Good luck cool

Thanks you so much. I truly appreciate unlike what "miss-know-it-all" was trying to run down the book which has sold over 735 copies.
As for the quotations, they were actually excerpts from the book. I will work with every other issues you raised.
Thanks so much bro. God bless you richly.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 11:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
ok Ms sarahn, it dosen't seem me like you hurt me on this side. Sincerly, i like you and i didn't say this earlier because i thought you were a guy with the(M).

Now i'll tell you a story. Once, one day, i was browsing through nairaland and i saw a thread. I read just the first comment and realised this was something i could do. Straightaway, i went to work. At work i wasn't inventing, i was realising myself. I didn't care about no niche and i didn't care about no research. A person is the standard of his nature. Christ!
Now i'm not a graphic designer and everyone could tell, so i outsource that task; i just gave directions.
Value is not in the world and so it is not bound by traditions nor conventions. Value is real. If it is not real it dosen't matter what niche or how much research. Real is your nature. Man dosen't corform to value, but he expresses himself and sees that it is good, because it works; it is real.

"he expresses himself" i.e he exerts his humanity. If humans don't act nothing will happen. Reality is just like some old boring record stuck on playback.

Now, in the course of work, i came up with a title and, as heaven will have it, it fell under a category. Isn't that the motive of research. I type in the title of my book and other books like it appear too; so it dosen't seem like an alien product. I didn't go looking for books first or a niche, and proof-reading is a different thing. That's why i will not tamper with the "realness"(value) of my book. It is not the book, maybe i got my nature wrong.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
now, ms sarahn, by saying you'll release a link to your book when mine ranks under 20000, you only under-estimate the truth. It dosen't make you a superstar, on a light note.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 2:10am On Oct 23, 2014
@myhoodlink
The actual expression is a little miss know it all.
Just because your book has sold 700 copies doesnot mean there is no room for improvement.

I apologize. I had no idea you thought I was running down your book. I did no such thing.
You asked for a review. I gave my opinion

That was the cheapest commodity on the planet.

I had wrongly miscalculated. If I had known that you would take my comment to heart and then misunderstand me, I probably won't have commented.

I have nothing to gain by slamming your book. It is my wish that Nlers here in KDP should be successful so that we can give those yahoo yahoo boys who soiled our online reputation,a big, fat, rich, middle finger with diamond ring.

My sincerest, most heartfelt apologies. Maybe I am being onesided. I am only human afterall.

@Zico0
It is a deal! Good luck with your book. Seriously, I never understand a word you say. The Philosophy category fits you well.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 11:43am On Oct 23, 2014
Sarahn:

Of course.
Well, it depends on the genre. Check similar books and copy what they do.
But in my two-cented opinion,
I won't really say pages, rather words. 10, 000 words is the minimum and I will price it at .99 cents. In my experience, 5000 words is about 15 pages, so 10k is about 30 pages. I would advise at least 20,000 words and price 2.99. The idea is give readers the impression that they are getting value at such a price. This can attract readership with the right marketing.

@ResourceMan
I am most flattered by your comment. One good turn deserves another. MK helped me out, and this newbie is simply trying to repay a favour that she is eternally grateful for.

@Zico0
A free promotion is different from sales. I have downloaded lots of free books but never read them. Really, people just download cos it is free.
It is a different matter when it comes to sales.

I'll tell you what:
I will give the links to my kindle books if your book ranks under #20,000 i.e sells 1copy per day every day with that cover and description. And I then realize that you are the God of luck and I humbly request to be your follower.
And I guess I will owe you an apology. Please take my ecovers as a peace offering.
You would have found yourself a hungry market who would buy anything you give to them.
In other words, it's quite the miracle in kdp that I have been wishing for.... You may have actually found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

Hey Sarahn, reading above and your other posts, I think you are a goddess with a pen. Why do you call yourself a newbie? I think it is your modesty. You can do mighty things with the pen. I like people that possess the gift. And you are just one of them. cheers!

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dayosaurus(m): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
On one's profile in kdp. Can I use my P.O Box address as my address, instead of where I currently reside cos I'm always on the move..

sarahn hamlak mk82??
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
dayosaurus:
On one's profile in kdp. Can I use my P.O Box address as my address, instead of where I currently reside cos I'm always on the move..

sarahn hamlak mk82??

Yes, you can put your p.o box.
You might want to contact them directly for that. Sometimes, they send cheques to your p.o box and sometimes to your home address.
But if you are accepting payment via payoneer, this should not be a problem.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dayosaurus(m): 11:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
Sarahn:

Yes, you can put your p.o box.
You might want to contact them directly for that. Sometimes, they send cheques to your p.o box and sometimes to your home address.
But if you are accepting payment via payoneer, this should not be a problem.

Good Luck!

Thanks a lot..

My problem with payoneer is I have no form of official identification..
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by arbitrage: 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
Sarahn:

You have eyes of steel smiley
How did you
manage to read past the first line?
It is constructed like a legal text. CONJUGAL? Come on! An author ought to make their blurb interesting not bore the reader with legal text.

Thank you for making value-adding critique on this thread. Aside the grammatical and typographical errors highlighted by that guy, don't you think your dislike for the "legal" jargon, CONJUGAL, in that blurb is because of your aversion for anything marital (family-like) and religious? As an asexual and atheistic personality (going by your signature), it may be natural for you to see CONJUGAL as a bias word that connotes or approves sex in only a conventional, man to woman, legalized or unionized Church-like marriage. But note that the writer may also have other Amazon visitors that are not asexual or atheistic in personality, who will see the word conjugal as mere coital (from coitus) in meaning. So it is left for him to decide who his target market is. If he wants to win more money from both sides of personality fence, he can go ahead to find euphemism for the word. I think our backgrounds influence our stand/position here.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by arbitrage: 2:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
I can see the nairaland system changed my word to Reproduction instead of the noun form of coital that I put there. No problem, the substitution is still talking along my street; better than getting banned.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
how do you receive your kdp and freelancer earnings?, paypal or payoneer?
arbitrage:
I can see the nairaland system changed my word to Reproduction instead of the noun form of coital that I put there. No problem, the substitution is still talking along my street; better than getting banned.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
arbitrage:

Thank you for making value-adding critique on this thread. Aside the grammatical and typographical errors highlighted by that guy, don't you think your dislike for the "legal" jargon, CONJUGAL, in that blurb is because of your aversion for anything marital (family-like) and religious? As an asexual and atheistic personality (going by your signature), it may be natural for you to see CONJUGAL as a bias word that connotes or approves sex in only a conventional, man to woman, legalized or unionized Church-like marriage. But note that the writer may also have other Amazon visitors that are not asexual or atheistic in personalities, who will see the word conjugal as mere coital (from coitus) in meaning. So it is left for him to decide who is target market is. If he wants to win more money from both sides of personality fence, he can go ahead to find euphemism for the word. I think our backgrounds influence our stand/position here.

I never saw it that way. I should have thought of that.I guess our backgrounds do affect how we see things.
Nicely said.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
dayosaurus:

Thanks a lot..

My problem with payoneer is I have no form of official identification..

Wait.....
WHAT?
Stop messing with me.
There is no way you don't have any form of offical id unless you are a minor.
Else, life would be hard.
You won't have a bank account, a voters id, a student id without any official id.

FYI, an official id would be
A international passport
A driver's licence
A voter card.

It is rare to hear you have none. Then what did you use to open a bank account in nigeria
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Sarahn:

Wait.....
WHAT?
Stop messing with me.
You won't have a bank account, a voters id, a student id without any official id.

A international passport
A driver's licence
A voter card.

It is rare to hear you have none. Then what did you use to open a bank account in nigeria
let him get the national I'd card, takes an hour to get done with the process, what I don't know is if anyone has successfully completed their payoneer application with the temporary national I'd card, mine is yet to be approved
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dayosaurus(m): 8:34am On Oct 26, 2014
I'm not... I have none of that..

But you are forgetting this is nigerià, I have a bank account n drive without those..

It's only voting, I can't do.. I'm serious, I don't have any form of identification save my school ID and I'm not underage.. sad

Sarahn:

Wait.....
WHAT?
Stop messing with me.

A international passport
A driver's licence
A voter card.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 26, 2014
I was beginning to fear this thread was no longer commented on. I've stumbled on this subject before, but until I read through this thread I never gave it serious thought. I've always had an interest in online business, and have done a lot of research on the subject. I usually can't stick with things for long, unless it's something I'm truly passionate about. Such as writing. Which makes this a potentially viable source of part-time income, once I think I've fully gotten the hang of it. The OP did well opening such a thread as this.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
dayosaurus:
I'm not... I have none of that..

But you are forgetting this is nigerià, I have a bank account n drive without those..

It's only voting, I can't do.. I'm serious, I don't have any form of identification save my school ID and I'm not underage.. sad

Have you tried tooltip's suggestion ?

let him get the national I'd card, takes an hour to
get done with the process, what I don't know is if
anyone has successfully completed their payoneer
application with the temporary national I'd card,
mine is yet to be approved

If I were you, here is what I would do
1. Put my current location and p.o box and update it as I move
2. Apply for a National ID and get it.
3. Apply for a payoneer account with it. (don't worry, if payonneer was to reject your application, they do it instantly, so if your payonneer application is awaiting approval, it may be a good thing.)
4. Wait....
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by arbitrage: 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
tooltip:
how do you receive your kdp and freelancer earnings?, paypal or payoneer?

When I worked for a freelance company on Craiglist, I was receiving my payments by PayPal. That was 2011/12, but I stopped working for them when the payout time was later getting delayed. Although they had desired years of working together as Project Management Assistant (PMA), I was reviewing articles that were corrected by Editors after submission by Copywriters/Article Writers.

On Amazon KDP, I am receiving my payments into my US bank account and not Payoneer nor PayPal. I have Payoneer account and MasterCard nonetheless.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dayosaurus(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
Thanks alot.

I know this sounds dumb but where do I apply for a national id??

Sarahn:

Have you tried tooltip's suggestion ?

let him get the national I'd card, takes an hour to
get done with the process, what I don't know is if
anyone has successfully completed their payoneer
application with the temporary national I'd card,
mine is yet to be approved

If I were you, here is what I would do
1. Put my current location and p.o box and update it as I move
2. Apply for a National ID and get it.
3. Apply for a payoneer account with it. (don't worry, if payonneer was to reject your application, they do it instantly, so if your payonneer application is awaiting approval, it may be a good thing.)
4. Wait....

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by jonaboy: 10:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
dayosaurus:
Thanks alot.

I know this sounds dumb but where do I apply for a national id??

. Are you sure you are actually in Nigeria and you do not know where to get national I'd? Please be serious for once.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dayosaurus(m): 11:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
I know it sounds ridiculous but it's true..

Iono about all this stuff, how do I apply?

jonaboy:
. Are you sure you are actually in Nigeria and you do not know where to get national I'd? Please be serious for once.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by samogo1: 4:07am On Oct 28, 2014
For eye catching and professional Kindle book covers, visit my gig on fiverr www.fiverr.com/gigaservices only $5,
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2014
has anyone here applied for a international passport recently?, please help me out with the current costs
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2014
Is there anyone on here that makes quality covers...I just wasted my money on this dude someone introduced to me. The guy made the covers like he was making posters. And they looked so freaking local. cry
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
samogo1:
For eye catching and professional Kindle book covers, visit my gig on fiverr www.fiverr.com/gigaservices only $5,

How do I pay?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2014
samogo1:

Dude, you still haven’t responded to me...how does a Nigerian without a credit card pay for your services?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by taddat(m): 11:13am On Oct 31, 2014
kay29000:

Dude, you still haven’t responded to me...how does a Nigerian without a credit card pay for your services?
. i can help you with an ebook cover design
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ayoalfonso: 2:47pm On Oct 31, 2014
I received a mail this morning after submitting my Passport

" Your Payoneer Prepaid Debit MasterCard® card order has
been approved!
Your card will be shipped by Regular Mail.
Your card is estimated to arrive between 27 Nov 2014 and
04 Dec 2014"

What's the next step I stay in Ibadan and the Zip code I used is - 022 I'm not sure of this so if anyone is in Ibadan and knows BEST how this is done can you tell me please.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 9:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
taddat:
. i can help you with an ebook cover design

Post samples of your work here.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 2:14am On Nov 01, 2014
Good to know that this thread is still alive. Thanks to everyone who is making sure it did not go extinct.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.