Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (413789 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PDS35VA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1415569003&sr=1-1&pi=SL75
Someone should review this book for me please.

#Sarahn
#Nalaugh

Please help.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by NaLaugh: 2:15am On Nov 10, 2014
ijinlove20:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PDS35VA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1415569003&sr=1-1&pi=SL75

#Sarahn
#Nalaugh

Please help.

I don't have much time to take a good look right now, but right off the bat - you need to fix the typos in your title and book cover.

You have spelled "pathways" as "pathsways" on both - giving the word zero meaning.

I'll point out other errors later. Good luck.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 3:53am On Nov 10, 2014
ijinlove20:

#Sarahn
#Nalaugh

Please help.

Brace yourself.
I am gonna to be brutally honest.
You might hate it.
Ready?
Here I go:

On the cover art.
The picture is too dark. I could not see the title and the picture in a thumbnail size.

The cover design you used in the KDP cover creator was a bad one. To me, if I has not seen the title, I would have thought it was a fiction book.
The picture you used fails to properly send the message. I felt that the cover was better for a book on relationships.
May I suggest you use a picture of DNA strands? Or something related to genetics?

On the title, subtitle, author name, description
First, let me verify this: is this book for kids only? If it is not, please remove the grade range 1-12 in your bookshelf details on your kdp account. Do not ever go to that grade range when you are publishing your book unless it is a kids book.
Why?
Because with that age range, amazon thinks your book is a kids book and rest assured only kids will find it.
If you doubt me, check the categories of your book at the end of the page. It says children's ebooks!

On the title and subtitle
Make it catchy :something like It is in your genes: What you need to know about genetic diseases and tests
You mispelt pathways. That is a no go.
Why are you the editor when you ought to be the author?
Your pen name sucks. Use something authority sounding like Dr. Susan Roberts.
Make your description lively. It had me sleeping.

On everything else
Create an author page so you would seem more professional.
Create a print edition of your book with createspace.
I could not see the price of the book but publishing a print version is a good way to justify high prices.

Okay, did you survive all that? smiley
You have taken the first step in publishing a book.
Well done. While some godforsaken lazy bastards are scamming people, you are doing something honest and good.

Once again,
Well done.
If you have corrected the errors, it is time to market it! Goodreads,FB, Twitter and some fiverr gigs are great ways to start.
Tell everyone you know about your book.
Whatever you do,
Never leave marketing to Amazon. It is no longer what it used to be.

Good luck with your book!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 10, 2014
Sarahn:

Brace yourself.
I am gonna to be brutally honest.
You might hate it.
Ready?
Here I go:

On the cover art.
The picture is too dark. I could not see the title and the picture in a thumbnail size.

The cover design you used in the KDP cover creator was a bad one. To me, if I has not seen the title, I would have thought it was a fiction book.
The picture you used fails to properly send the message. I felt that the cover was better for a book on relationships.
May I suggest you use a picture of DNA strands? Or something related to genetics?

On the title, subtitle, author name, description
First, let me verify this: is this book for kids only? If it is not, please remove the grade range 1-12 in your bookshelf details on your kdp account. Do not ever go to that grade range when you are publishing your book unless it is a kids book.
Why?
Because with that age range, amazon thinks your book is a kids book and rest assured only kids will find it.
If you doubt me, check the categories of your book at the end of the page. It says children's ebooks!

On the title and subtitle
Make it catchy :something like It is in your genes: What you need to know about genetic diseases and tests
You mispelt pathways. That is a no go.
Why are you the editor when you ought to be the author?
Your pen name sucks. Use something authority sounding like Dr. Susan Roberts.
Make your description lively. It had me sleeping.

On everything else
Create an author page so you would seem more professional.
Create a print edition of your book with createspace.
I could not see the price of the book but publishing a print version is a good way to justify high prices.

Okay, did you survive all that? smiley
You have taken the first step in publishing a book.
Well done. While some godforsaken lazy bastards are scamming people, you are doing something honest and good.

Once again,
Well done.
If you have corrected the errors, it is time to market it! Goodreads,FB, Twitter and some fiverr gigs are great ways to start.
Tell everyone you know about your book.
Whatever you do,
Never leave marketing to Amazon. It is no longer what it used to be.

Thanks! For the corrections.

Some Questions:

* How do I create an author page

* Which other ways can I market the book.

* Catchy discreption? That's the best I can do for now.

Once again thanks for the advise, will edit some info on the book now.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
ijinlove20:

Thanks! For the corrections.

Some Questions:

* How do I create an author page

* Which other ways can I market the book.

* Catchy discreption? That's the best I can do for now.

Once again thanks for the advise, will edit some info on the book now.

You can create one here
https:// authorcentral.amazon.com/
You can market the book to groups interested in genetics on GoodReads, Facebook e.t.c.
Or you can create a facebook/google ads.
You can hire people on fiverr.
You can promote it via twitter
You can try the KDP community.
You can create a press release.
The list is endless.
But please do something about the book cover.
If you are going to share the link, the cover attracts the buyer.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 11:04am On Nov 11, 2014
Sarahn:

Uncle Sarah I am sending you a pm. Kindly reply.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 11:21am On Nov 11, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Uncle Sarah I am sending you a pm. Kindly reply.

I DO NOT DO PMS!
If you have any questions, kindly place them here.
Thanks!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
PLEASE WHAT ABOUT BUYING AND SELLING OF EBOOKS ?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
P3trCruzZ:
PLEASE WHAT ABOUT BUYING AND SELLING OF EBOOKS ?

Whose Ebooks?
Yours or someone else's?

If they are written by you, they can be sold on amazon.
Please read though the thread to find out more.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sarahn:

Whose Ebooks?
Yours or someone else's?

If they are written by you, they can be sold on amazon.
Please read though the thread to find out more.

Buying an ebook which comes with Master or Private sells right, and reselling it.Thats what i meant.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
P3trCruzZ:

Buying an ebook which comes with Master or Private sells right, and reselling it.Thats what i meant.

NO!
The minute you attempt to sell a PLR or MLR book, it would be blocked.
You may even get banned.

For life.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by deasy(m): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
P3trCruzZ:

Yes MRR/PLR ebook ain't allowed on amazon but sitting down to edit the whole content and adding more information to make it unique & different is a better idea..
Amazon kindle publishing requires UNIQUENESS!

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
I need help on this. How do I choose a good pen name. Sarahn, Deasy and whoever can help over to you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
Bestlyf:
I need help on this. How do I choose a good pen name. Sarahn, Deasy and whoever can help over to you.

It would be a long post to explain how to pick a good pen name.
And it only works for non-fiction.
Not to mention that it is the method I got from Brad Callen.
Trust me when I say it is worth it.
For copyright issues and the like, I will just give you the link to download.

IT IS FREE!
And it would open your eyes.
www.akelite.com/kindle-crusher-book.php

Disclaimer: I gain nothing for promoting this. I do this because the ebook is worth downloading and it is a very good read in general as regards KDP.
I would have explained pen names here but then I would be ripping off the hard work of someone else.
But if you have problems with the download link, state it here and I will attach my own copy.
But please try to download the book legally.
We are authors and we don't want someone pirating our work, stealing our ideas so let's try to do unto others what we want others to do unto us.

Once you have downloaded the book, search for pen names.
You will learn
The exact techniques of a penname that will GET buyers.
How to find your target niche and make them pay out of their wallet...
And so much more.

I REPEAT IT IS FREE!
The last time I checked it didn't even require ur email address!
I hope this helps!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
Sarahn:

Not to mention that it is the method I got from Brad Callen.
Trust me when I say it is worth it.
For copyright issues and the like, I will just give you the link to download.

IT IS FREE!
And it would open your eyes.
www.akelite.com/kindle-crusher-book.php

Disclaimer: I gain nothing for promoting this. I do this because the ebook is worth downloading and it is a very good read in general as regards KDP.
I would have explained pen names here but then I would be ripping off the hard work of someone else.
But if you have problems with the download link, state it here and I will attach my own copy.
But please try to download the book legally.
We are authors and we don't want someone pirating our work, stealing our ideas so let's try to do unto others what we want others to do unto us.

Once you have downloaded the book, search for pen names.
You will learn
The exact techniques of a penname that will GET buyers.
How to find your target niche and make them pay out of their wallet...
And so much more.

I REPEAT IT IS FREE!
The last time I checked it didn't even require ur email address!
I hope this helps!
Thanks. I had this book since last year and have been reading through it. Just thought of getting more clues. The book is indeed one hell of a comprehensive book on kindle publishing. Thanks again, Sarahn, for your help.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Sarahn:

I want to publish a fiction novel in the Mystery genre, using my real Nigerian name. Would that affect readership of the book. Dont want to use a pen name for this. Whats your advice?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by henrimoto(m): 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
Goodday every one, @ mk82. Prof. Greetings to you. @ Sarahn, thank you for taking out time to share great knowledge with us. You are are highly loaded. Come to think of it, you are a protege of @mk82. Thank God for you. @sarah, having a print cover with create space, does it mean you will have a hard copy of your ebook for sale offline? @mk82. baba, i hail oo. How the market? It's been a while we read from you. Weldone sir.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by deasy(m): 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Bestlyf:
I want to publish a fiction novel in the Mystery genre, using my real Nigerian name. Would that affect readership of the book. Dont want to use a pen name for this. Whats your advice?

follow your heart...but you should have a catchy book title that will bring curiosity and questions in people's mind.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
deasy:

follow your heart...but you should have a catchy book title that will bring curiosity and questions in people's mind.
Ok. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
Bestlyf:
Ok. Thanks.

I will give two pieces of advice.
One as a profit making publisher, the other as a writer.

As a publisher,
Use your pen name perferably US. US customers are more likely to buy from their own.
You will be free from any discrimination and bias.
No discrimation+reasonable price+great book= $$$$

Did you know that George Orwell is a pen name? Or J.K. Rowling?

It may be better moneywise to use a pen name.
Besides, have you considered the fact that your book may become an international bestseller?

I don't know about you, but if my book becomes that famous, I wouldn't want some stalker fan of mine to hunt me on facebook or in real life or anywhere either.
Yes, stalker fans exist!
So pen names are also used for privacy.

As a writer,
Use your name.
Buyers may hesistate.
If your name is completely English, lucky you.
Keep trying and maybe people may overlook the bias.
And buy.
If worst comes to worst, publish in the AfricanAmerican catergory.

It is up to you.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
henrimoto:
Goodday every one, @ mk82. Prof. Greetings to you. @ Sarahn, thank you for taking out time to share great knowledge with us. You are are highly loaded. Come to think of it, you are a protege of @mk82. Thank God for you. @sarah, having a print cover with create space, does it mean you will have a hard copy of your ebook for sale offline?

I am most flattered.
Thanks for your compliment.

As regards your question,
Shall I rephrase it?
Is there a warehouse that contains copies of your printed books that you can sell yourself offline?

I hope that was what you meant.
If so, there is just one answer to your question.

No.

Createspace and other indie printing publishing companies like lulu, bookbaby e.t.c are POD Print-On-Demand companies.
In other words, they only print your book when someone orders it.
They have none of your book copies in stock
So I am afraid you can't sell your printed books offline.
Bu you can refer them online to the Amazon store.

But in general, I would not try to get a warehouse of your printed books. It is very expensive and time consuming.
But if you wish it, it is your choice though.
I think Ingram Sparks offers that service.
I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
Sarahn:

I will give two pieces of advice.
One as a profit making publisher, the other as a writer.

As a publisher,
Use your pen name perferably US. US customers are more likely to buy from their own.
You will be free from any discrimination and bias.
No discrimation+reasonable price+great book= $$$$

Did you know that George Orwell is a pen name? Or J.K. Rowling?

It may be better moneywise to use a pen name.
Besides, have you considered the fact that your book may become an international bestseller?

I don't know about you, but if my book becomes that famous, I wouldn't want some stalker fan of mine to hunt me on facebook or in real life or anywhere either.
Yes, stalker fans exist!
So pen names are also used for privacy.
Thanks. Great Advice you gave here. A question: I set the price of a book at .99 but amazon says it has to be from 2.99. How do I get that done? I don't want the book at 2.99. The book just got published.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 9:50am On Nov 14, 2014
Bestlyf:
Thanks. Great Advice you gave here. A question: I set the price of a book at .99 but amazon says it has to be from 2.99. How do I get that done? I don't want the book at 2.99. The book just got published.

For 70% percent royalty, the price starts at 2.99
anything less gets you a 35% royalty.

Under Rights and Pricing, select the 35% royalty option and price it at .99 cents.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
Sarahn:

For 70% percent royalty, the price starts at 2.99
anything less gets you a 35% royalty.

Under Rights and Pricing, select the 35% royalty option and price it at .99 cents.

I hope this helps!

I got it. Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2014
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PKHB64C

Sarahn, what can I do differently here before I proceed with republishing at the new pricing. Be brutal; anything to make me improve. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 11:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
Bestlyf:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PKHB64C

Sarahn, what can I do differently here before I proceed with republishing at the new pricing. Be brutal; anything to make me improve. Thanks.

COVER ART
No.
No.
It is dry.
There was no need for that second pic.
Use a better picture.
Better still, hire a designer on fiverr.

Title
Save Your Relationship is catchier.
or something like the the couples survival guide.

Author Name
I comment not.
You've kindlecrusher and yet you still chose this silly penname.

Description
You have made some typos. A lot.

You have no author page.

WHAT I RECOMMEND
Fiverr.
Search for a top rated seller to design your ebook cover $5
Search for a toprated seller that would write a killer book description that would make your book sell
$ 30

Reviews
Join Goodreads and search for dating advice readers.
Ask for a review.
Get at least 10 reviews.
Before promotion.

Promotion
There are many fiverr gigs for this.

I hope this helps.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 8:12am On Nov 15, 2014
Sarahn:

COVER ART
No.
No.
It is dry.
There was no need for that second pic.
Use a better picture.
Better still, hire a designer on fiverr.

Title
Save Your Relationship is catchier.
or something like the the couples survival guide.

Author Name
I comment not.
You've kindlecrusher and yet you still chose this silly penname.

Description
You have made some typos. A lot.

You have no author page.

WHAT I RECOMMEND
Fiverr.
Search for a top rated seller to design your ebook cover $5
Search for a toprated seller that would write a killer book description that would make your book sell
$ 30

Reviews
Ask for a review.
Get at least 10 reviews.
Before promotion.

Promotion

I hope this helps.

Noted. Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
@sarahn, must i update my account b4 posting my book at amazon??

secondly, when updating under "add your bank account" there's no nigeria/bank names there. so how can i update my account then??
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
Bestlyf:
I will advise you use your real name unless if it is too long. I don't subscribe to pen names except in extreme case...you never can tell if your book will hit...Sade Adeniran's debut novel(Imagine This) came to mind. She was a self published author like you and I remember how pple were being encouraged to buy her book here on nairaland (around 2007)...right now, that book has won awards and now recommended in African literary circle if you are thinking of making a name in this art, I will advise you use your real name.
We need more african writers in this contemporary times.... The number is just too small compared to former times.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
stardragon:
@sarahn, must i update my account b4 posting my book at amazon??

secondly, when updating under "add your bank account" there's no nigeria/bank names there. so how can i update my account then??

First,
You should update your account details.

Secondly,
Amazon does not pay to Nigerian bank account.
I suggest you apply for Payoneer Mastercard and its US bank account.
Please read previous pages of this thread if you do not know what Payoneer is.

For now, Amazon will pay you via cheque.
So place in your address where Amazon can ship the cheque to you.

I hope this helps. Welcome to KDP!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 18, 2014
Sarahn:

You have no author page.

Reviews
Ask for a review.
Get at least 10 reviews.
Before promotion.

Promotion

I hope this helps.

have been silently watching you on this thread and honestly you are doing a very wonderful job,GOD bless you....through some of your comments on this thread I have used it to publish my first book on amazon within three days,please now that the book is live on amazon,please is there any free method I can use to promote the book?pls explain in details ma...thanks....
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 11:23am On Nov 18, 2014
wakacome:
have been silently watching you on this thread and honestly you are doing a very wonderful job,GOD bless you....through some of your comments on this thread I have used it to publish my first book on amazon within three days,please now that the book is live on amazon,please is there any free method I can use to promote the book?pls explain in details ma...thanks....

In my experience,
The best free promo is GOODREADS.
When I joined as an Author, my book sales surged.

Join Goodreads as the author of the book you wish to promote. It may take a week or two to get approved.

Once your are in, join groups related to your niche and PARTICIPATE. Don't spam. Some groups may allow you to promote, some may not.
In the giveway section, give out free copies of your book in exchange for a review/ for promotion.
Create contests that will make participants promote your book.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.