Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (412678 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
Sarahn:

In my experience,
The best free promo is GOODREADS.
When I joined as an Author, my book sales surged.

Join Goodreads as the author of the book you wish to promote. It may take a week or two to get approved.

Once your are in, join groups related to your niche and PARTICIPATE. Don't spam. Some groups may allow you to promote, some may not.
In the giveway section, give out free copies of your book in exchange for a review/ for promotion.
Create contests that will make participants promote your book.

Good Luck!
thank you very much...I will do that........why am I having this feeling that you have so many books on amazon?anyways I have just done some free 5 days promotion of my book through kdp select so please how can I check the number of free downloads I have gotten from the book?thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
wakacome:
I have just done some free 5 days promotion of my book through kdp select so please how can I check the number of free downloads I have gotten from the book?thanks.
On your bookshelf click on Reports, then Month to Date Unit Sales.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 20, 2014
Bestlyf:
On your bookshelf click on Reports, then Month to Date Unit Sales.
thank you very much,on the free promotion people have downloaded 30 units of my book but when will I start making good sales that will produce money?grin grin
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 10:03am On Nov 21, 2014
Hello house,

I have been following this thread closely. I took action the very first time I came across the thread after reading through all the pages, and I have published 2 books. Thanks to the OP who started this thread and to every other person who has made contributions in one way or the other. May God bless you all!

I have received my first royalty to my Payoneer account. Although it was small, it has encouraged me to work further and harder, knowing that a step in the right direction will pay off hugely. I am motivated by results and that I have seen in kindle publishing. Besides, this is my first time of earning online and I am so glad about it(I have tried many methods of making money online none has given me result). Though I am yet to receive the physical cash, waiting for it to accrue up to a certain amount so that I can order for my payoneer card through DHL.

Please, I'd like to know if this is normal. My accrued royalty on amazon.com market for a particular period was $38.51, Tax withholding became 11.51, and my Net earnings = 26.84 (I think the tax is too high)

I can't really understand this.
Gurus in the house, I need your help. Tax is too high. How do you go about this?
Thanks!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 11:36am On Nov 21, 2014
G12:
Hello house,

I have been following this thread closely. I took action the very first time I came across the thread after reading through all the pages, and I have published 2 books. Thanks to the OP who started this thread and to every other person who has made contributions in one way or the other. May God bless you all!

I have received my first royalty to my Payoneer account. Although it was small, it has encouraged me to work further and harder, knowing that a step in the right direction will pay off hugely. I am motivated by results and that I have seen in kindle publishing. Besides, this is my first time of earning online and I am so glad about it(I have tried many methods of making money online none has given me result). Though I am yet to receive the physical cash, waiting for it to accrue up to a certain amount so that I can order for my payoneer card through DHL.

Please, I'd like to know if this is normal. My accrued royalty on amazon.com market for a particular period was $38.51, Tax withholding became 11.51, and my Net earnings = 26.84 (I think the tax is too high)

Gurus in the house, I need your help. Tax is too high. How do you go about this?
Thanks!

There are a lot of websites on this
But the summary is:
Get an EIN tax id.
I'm afraid I have not tried it yet.
The process is long.
The information is conflicting.
And the IRS keeps changing their rules everyday.
But if you are a hardworker
unlike me smiley, you can google it and get the MOST UPDATED information on how to cut your amazon taxes in half.
Good Luck!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
G12:
Hello house,

Thanks!
Sarahn:

But the summary is:
Get an EIN tax id.
The process is long.
unlike me smiley, you can google it and get the MOST UPDATED information on how to cut your amazon taxes in half.
Good Luck!

If you are a Nigerian living in Nigeria, there is nothing you can do about the 30% withholding tax. Nigeria does not have a tax treaty with America, Canada, Australia and other countries that collect 30% withholding tax. We only avoid tax in UK and other European marketplaces.
Getting an EIN tax ID is only useful for those from countries that have tax treaty with America.

My advice is to keep working hard and publish as many good books as you can. That is what I've been doing the past 2.5 years. When you make a lot of sales, you will still have a good income even with 30% tax.

Meanwhile thanks to everyone who has been keeping this thread active in my absence.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sarahn:

But the summary is:
Get an EIN tax id.
The process is long.
Good Luck!

Thanks ladyboss for your response, would have started researching about your suggestion right, but Oga Mk82 has said that their is nothing I can do about it since I am in Nigeria.

Thanks for your contributions on this thread! Hope we can talk one on one someday. You are a great person, I like your spirit. Please keep it up!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
mk82:

If you are a Nigerian living in Nigeria, there is nothing you can do about the 30% withholding tax. Nigeria does not have a tax treaty with America, Canada, Australia and other countries that collect 30% withholding tax. We only avoid tax in UK and other European marketplaces.
Getting an EIN tax ID is only useful for those from countries that have tax treaty with America.

My advice is to keep working hard and publish as many good books as you can. That is what I've been doing the past 2.5 years. When you make a lot of sales, you will still have a good income even with 30% tax.

Meanwhile thanks to everyone who has been keeping this thread active in my absence.

Thanks master, I'll take your advice seriously. I'll have to work on promotions too.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
mk82:

Really, only for countries with tax treaties?
It seems I was misled by the Smashwords post.
Ah darn!
I was hoping to try it out.sad

We are glad you are back, op.
I hope to tap from your wisdom.
Welcome back!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 5:13am On Nov 22, 2014
mk82:

Welcome back.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by deedat205(m): 11:49am On Nov 22, 2014
Please help me out.
I tried to publish a book on Amazon Kindle market but I got a response that my account information is not Complete . I was then taken to a page to fill my bank account and my tax details.
I want to know if I can make sales on Amazon pending the time I will get A payooner account, and I want to know what I can do about the tax payment
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
deedat205:
Please help me out.
I tried to publish a book on Amazon Kindle market but I got a response that my account information is not Complete . I was then taken to a page to fill my bank account and my tax details.
I want to know if I can make sales on Amazon pending the time I will get A payooner account, and I want to know what I can do about the tax payment

Login to your account and click on the link to update account details (on the upper right hand corner). On the next page, you will be asked to fill tax details which basically includes your name, email and so on. You also have to indicate that you do not live in the United States and you are not doing business there. Choose individual as your designation or capacity. Agree to provide electronic signature then type your full name as signature... that is all. Save and you can then start publishing.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by emeths: 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
following!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by deedat205(m): 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
Thank you very much for that information it was really helpful
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
If you sent me PM, send your message to the gmail on my profile and I will reply asap. My nairaland email is presently inaccessible.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by cj4someone(m): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
Just stumbled upon this thread some days ago. Got interested, i have read from page 1 to 27 so far. Many thanks to the OP and other contributors. You guys rock.

I have got virtually all the education necessary to get started here at no cost...one that some so called info marketers would have made you pay through the nose to get.

My first Kindle book will be uploaded soonest. Thanks all.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
cj4someone:
Just stumbled upon this thread some days ago. Got interested, i have read from page 1 to 27 so far. Many thanks to the OP and other contributors. You guys rock.

I have got virtually all the education necessary to get started here at no cost...one that some so called info marketers would have made you pay through the nose to get.

My first Kindle book will be uploaded soonest. Thanks all.

You are welcomed! Looking forward to your first kindle ebook.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Govvy(m): 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
SEVEN POWERFUL QUOTES

Q1. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. –Maya Angelou

Q2. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. –Henry Ford

Q3. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Q4. There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. –Aristotle

Q5. Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you. –Jesus

Q6. When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me. –Erma Bombeck

Q7. You can’t fall if you don’t climb. But there’s no joy in living your whole life on the ground. –Unknown

The acronym below states a few reasons why U.N.L.E.A.S.H Y.O.U.R P.O.T.E.N.T.I.A.L is worth reading!
This book is:

(U)niquely uncommon
(N)icely formatted 
 (L)oaded with life-inspiring stories 
 (E)mpowering and educative
 (A)uthenticated by its readers.
 (S)ufficiently rich in quotable quotes 
 (H)eaven sent blessing to thousands 

(Y)ielding results 
 (O)riginal 
 (U)seful for you 
 (R)ecommended 

(P)racticable 
 (O)bviously outstanding 
 (T)ruly engaging 
 (E)dited professionally 
 (N)ot boring 
 (T)ransforms your mind 
 (I)nformative 
 (A)bsolutely a must read
 (L)ovable 

Here are the opinions of some readers gave about this book, "Unleash Your Potential Beyond Just Motivation" by Abegunde Sunday Olaoluwa

"After reading this book, you will definitely feel empowered to achieve your full potential."
-- Thomas Baker "Thomas is the Past-President of TESOL Chile (2010-2011). He is the Head of the English Department at Colegio Internacional SEK in Santiago.

"Besides the fact that it is so inspiring, lines in this book has their way of permanently gluing to memories of readers like I...Until you get yours, you may not know what you are missing."
-- Dr Joyce M. Knudsen

"I was unsure of my potential before but I feel really encouraged now and am already thinking of ways to convert my skills into making money for me."
-- Melinda Curry

"Great self help book covering several points of view about life and with amazing stories that will make you think about you and your life."
-- Matt Panta

You can get yours (Paperback/kindle for $0.99) on http://www.amazon.com/Unleash-Your-Potential-Beyond-Motivation-ebook/dp/B00J0Z3QCA/

Also available in several bookshops nationwide(Nigeria).

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2014
@mk82,
when i wanted to register a payornee account, they asked for my

national identity card
PASSPORT
DRIVING LICECINSE

so can i use someones identity card?
bcus when i was oppening an account in firstbank last yr, they asked of my card and i brought my friends own, so ll payornee accept any card i brings to them, and if they accept it, ll it affect me in the long run?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2014
stardragon:
@mk82,
when i wanted to register a payornee account, they asked for my

national identity card
PASSPORT
DRIVING LICECINSE

so can i use someones identity card?
bcus when i was oppening an account in firstbank last yr, they asked of my card and i brought my friends own, so ll payornee accept any card i brings to them, and if they accept it, ll it affect me in the long run?

Payoneer will not accept your friend's card. The name on your identity card must be the same with the name on your payoneer and KDP accounts. If there is any irregularity, you may have problems getting paid.
Make efforts to get a driver's licence. It takes just about 2 weeks in most states (it's only in Lagos that it takes several months).
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
mk82:

Payoneer will not accept your friend's card. The name on your identity card must be the same with the name on your payoneer and KDP accounts. If there is any irregularity, you may have problems getting paid.
Make efforts to get a driver's licence. It takes just about 2 weeks in most states (it's only in Lagos that it takes several months).
but i dont own a car, and am still very young, so ll they accept givin me a drivin licence?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
stardragon:

but i dont own a car, and am still very young, so ll they accept givin me a drivin licence?
Send a message to the gmail on my profile and I'll tell you what to do.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
mk82:

Send a message to the gmail on my profile and I'll tell you what to do.
i've sent a message.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
stardragon:

i've sent a message.
No, don't send the message through nairaland. Look for a gmail on my profile.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by etebefia: 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sarahn, mk82 please how do i go about the 5day promotion stuff? Where do i go? Where do i click. Thank you
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:55am On Dec 04, 2014
etebefia:
Sarahn, mk82 please how do i go about the 5day promotion stuff? Where do i go? Where do i click. Thank you

Go to page 19 of this thread. I have already answered this question.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by etebefia: 6:22am On Dec 05, 2014
mk82:

Go to page 19 of this thread. I have already answered this question.
bro's thanks for the reply, but i can't find "manage benefit" in the dashboard, this is all i see

book title, publisher, price

› Enroll

› Enroll

› Edit Book Details

› Edit Rights, Royalty and Pricing

› Unpublish
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:30am On Dec 05, 2014
etebefia:
bro's thanks for the reply, but i can't find "manage benefit" in the dashboard, this is all i see

book title, publisher, price

› Enroll

› Enroll

› Edit Book Details

› Edit Rights, Royalty and Pricing

› Unpublish
It simply means you have not enrolled the book for KDP Select.
Click on the first 'Enroll' to enroll the book then you will see manage benefits.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
@mk82
I need help understanding the new VAT law in the EU.
Amazon sent me an email on this but I do not read nor understand legalese.
How does the new VAT affect prices in GBP?
Thanks!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sarahn:
@mk82
I need help understanding the new VAT law in the EU.
Amazon sent me an email on this but I do not read nor understand legalese.
How does the new VAT affect prices in GBP?
Thanks!
Follow the link below for an easier explanation:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/12/02/amazon-changes-kdp-response-upcoming-changes-eu-tax-laws/

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by taddat(m): 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
pls help o, my only sales of $2 was deducted just now, what could av gone wrong?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:01am On Dec 06, 2014
taddat:
pls help o, my only sales of $2 was deducted just now, what could av gone wrong?
Maybe the buyer returned the book. Books can be returned within 7 days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.