Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (412995 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
bros1234:

Thanks.

Do you suggest I enroll all my books on KDP select?
Yes, then promote them for 2-3 days.

ranson:
Hi mk82, is it possible to publish both on Amazon and Draft2digital at the same time? I know you can promote your books on amazon, is it possible to do the same thing on Draft2digital? Thanks for the anticipated response.
1. Yes, you can as long as the book as been removed from Kdp select and the enrollment period has elapsed. 2. On draft2digital, you don't "promote" books but you can make your book free for a few days to get some attention.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Johncrown80(m): 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
mk82:

1- The smallest book I have is about 3500 words.I aim for 5000 words and above.5K words will give u about 30 pages when converted to Kindle format. The pages will be much less in MS word.Tip check d size of d best books in or target niche.
2. Use normal spacing but leave one line between d paragraphs.
3.To determing pricing - check d average price of books in or niche.
Hope this helps.

pls sir my book has gone live for the past 3weeks and enrolled in kdp select but their was no single free kdp select download talkless of having purchase

and when i check my kdp select status i saw smthn lk this 'the start reading page of your book is not yet set' could this be the reason of having no download and if yes how do i set it??
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros1234(m): 2:58am On Aug 10, 2016
mk82:
Yes, then promote them for 2-3 days.

Hey bro, what do you recommend? The free download or countdown deal or ad campaign.

By the way, i have uploaded 6 books so far, with only 15 sales, in 10 days. I really need to improve the results.

Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by justi4jesu(f): 6:43am On Aug 10, 2016
justi4jesu:
Sell your Payoneer and Skrill Funds to us and get credited within Minutes.

Send us your Funds and get credited with Naira into your Bank Account within minutes of receiving your funds.

Payoneer/skrill Rate 330 to $1

Paypal Rate 310 to $1
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
bros1234:

Hey bro, what do you recommend? The free download or countdown deal or ad campaign.
By the way, i have uploaded 6 books so far, with only 15 sales, in 10 days. I really need to improve the results.
Thanks
1. I do only free downloads.
2. If your books are not selling, it's likely you chose wrong keywords.

Johncrown80:

pls sir my book has gone live for the past 3weeks and enrolled in kdp select but their was no single free kdp select download talkless of having purchase
and when i check my kdp select status i saw smthn lk this 'the start reading page of your book is not yet set' could this be the reason of having no download and if yes how do i set it??
Did you set a free book promotion?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nerdychica(f): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello guys amazon is requesting for a us bank account before I can publish a book , and I don't have any
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nerdychica(f): 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
mk82:

heyy I font have a us bank account how do I complete the registration process on kindle
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kayo80(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hi guys. I only get sales from Apple and Createspace with my books published through draft2digital. Do you guys get sales from all those other channels...Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Page Foundry etc?

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Johncrown80(m): 12:33am On Aug 11, 2016
mk82:

I don't set that

How do I set it?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Johncrown80(m): 12:35am On Aug 11, 2016
mk82:

I did not oo

Pls how do I set it
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nerdychica(f): 1:58am On Aug 11, 2016
Guys payoneer keeps declining my application , and I need the bank account number to update my amazon kdp details before I can upload a book , is there another way pls ?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Segunnairaland(m): 4:08am On Aug 11, 2016
Pls what do u mean by wrong key word?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
Segunnairaland:
Pls what do u mean by wrong key word?
Basically, The keyword is the topic your book is based on. It is the foundation of success in online publishing. I think I recognize this username. If you're the person I think you are, ask Sunday to explain to you.
Nerdychica:
Guys payoneer keeps declining my application , and I need the bank account number to update my amazon kdp details before I can upload a book , is there another way pls ?

1. You don't need a bank account to start uploading books. The default setting is cheque for those who don't have American bank accounts. Start publishing. You can always add the bank account when you get it.
2. Send an email to the gmail on my profile page explaining the details of your payoneer account problem so we can sort it.
Johncrown80:

I did not oo
Pls how do I set it

TO SET FREE PROMOTION:
Go to your dashboard. Look to the right side of the book and click on Promote and Advertise. On the next page choose Free Book Promotion then click on the yellow bar that says create free book promotion. Set your preferred dates and save.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Pidggin(f): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
To the OP and all the lecturers in the house thanks for this thread smiley

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Olamarkjoel(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2016
@mk82 i want to ask about recipe cook book, i have researched on some keywords but my concerns is must those recipe have picture in the book?
thanks for the responses.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
Olamarkjoel:
@mk82 i want to ask about recipe cook book, i have researched on some keywords but my concerns is must those recipe have picture in the book?
thanks for the responses.
No, you don't have to put pictures but a few pictures here and there will not hurt.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kayo80(m): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
Why am I only selling on Apple channel? Why ain't people from Barnes & Nobles, Kobo, and Page Foundry buying my books too? I am just wondering. I guess Apple is the next to Amazon in eBook sales right now.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kayo80(m): 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
What's up with Godmother? I have not heard from her in a while.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
kayo80:
What's up with Godmother? I have not heard from her in a while.

Hi Kay, I m good. Just being on peeping mode and taking things slow for now. Thanx for checking up on me.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kayo80(m): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Godmother:

Hi Kay, I m good. Just being on peeping mode and taking things slow for now. Thanx for checking up on me.

Okay. Slow and steady wins the race. Good to hear from you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
kayo80:

Okay. Slow and steady wins the race. Good to hear from you.

Yea, you too. I have been on Createspace trying to upload but that site is giving me a tough time. I got frustration and logged out when I couldn't load even a single book. Will try it out again tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kayo80(m): 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
Godmother:

Yea, you too. I have been on Createspace trying to upload but that site is giving me a tough time. I got frustration and logged out when I couldn't load even a single book. Will try it out again tomorrow.

Okay. Same with me o! That's why I started going thru Draft2Digital to get books on createspace. I wish you all the best. MK82 seems to have gotten the hang of it though.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
kayo80:

Okay. Same with me o! That's why I started going thru Draft2Digital to get books on createspace. I wish you all the best. MK82 seems to have gotten the hang of it though.

He's a guru naa. The thing will be like a breeze to him. But like you said, slow and steady wins the race. Gradually we will also get there.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kayo80(m): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
Godmother:

He's a guru naa. The thing will be like a breeze to him. But like you said, slow and steady wins the race. Gradually we will also get there.

lol! Yea.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Johncrown80(m): 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
mk82:

Basically, The keyword is the topic your book is based on. It is the foundation of success in online publishing. I think I recognize this username. If you're the person I think you are, ask Sunday to explain to you.

1. You don't need a bank account to start uploading books. The default setting is cheque for those who don't have American bank accounts. Start publishing. You can always add the bank account when you get it.
2. Send an email to the gmail on my profile page explaining the details of your payoneer account problem so we can sort it.

TO SET FREE PROMOTION:
Go to your dashboard. Look to the right side of the book and click on Promote and Advertise. On the next page choose Free Book Promotion then click on the yellow bar that says create free book promotion. Set your preferred dates and save.

thanks bro have set it now

again sir where do i see amount of free download that my book got through kdp select free promotion
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by profdotcom: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
@mk82...May God reward u for what ur doing, ur a God's sent
Pls I have small question, I wrote a book and I have published it but I want to interpret the same book into different languages.... Pls is it acceptable..... Will Amazon publish it with different language and different author name....Thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:25am On Aug 18, 2016
Johncrown80:

thanks bro have set it now
again sir where do i see amount of free download that my book got through kdp select free promotion
Login to your account and click on Month-to-Date Unit Sales.
profdotcom:
@mk82...May God reward u for what ur doing, ur a God's sent
Pls I have small question, I wrote a book and I have published it but I want to interpret the same book into different languages.... Pls is it acceptable..... Will Amazon publish it with different language and different author name....Thanks bro
You are free to interpret your book and publish in different languages but I don't think it's necessary to use different author names. When publishing the version for each language, choose the appropriate marketplace (country).
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 9:45am On Aug 18, 2016
I logged into my account today and saw that I have some free price match units for some books I uploaded few days ago. I tried googling it but didn't understand what its about. Who has any experience with this price match thing?

Cc
Mk82
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
Godmother:
I logged into my account today and saw that I have some free price match units for some books I uploaded few days ago. I tried googling it but didn't understand what its about. Who has any experience with this price match thing?

Cc
Mk82

[Free Units-Price Match: Number of free units sold
while a book is made available for free due to
matching a competitor's free promotion. 0 (zero)
means this book did not have free units sold.
Note: No royalties are due for free units sold due
to matching a competitor's free promotion. See
the Pricing Page for details.]

This simply means when Amazon detects that your book is free on a competitor's website, they drop the price on Amazon to $0. You won't get any money since they sold at $0.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by profdotcom: 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
@mk82.....I published my book and enrolled it to kdp select and also choose free book selection and I set the date I want it to run......but this is what its saying
***This book is currently ineligible for a Kindle Countdown Deal (Why?)***
But instead of it to check free book promotion, it checked kindle countdown deal.... What may be the cause Sir.

When I scroll down, I saw this......*****"Kindle Edition Normalized Page Count (KENPC) v2.0: 38
The Start Reading Location for your book is not yet set. Your KENPC may change when it is set.''***** What does it mean Sir......thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros12345: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
profdotcom:
@mk82.....I published my book and enrolled it to kdp select and also choose free book selection and I set the date I want it to run......but this is what its saying
***This book is currently ineligible for a Kindle Countdown Deal (Why?)***
But instead of it to check free book promotion, it checked kindle countdown deal.... What may be the cause Sir.

When I scroll down, I saw this......*****"Kindle Edition Normalized Page Count (KENPC) v2.0: 38
The Start Reading Location for your book is not yet set. Your KENPC may change when it is set.''***** What does it mean Sir......thanks

If you've set the dates for the free promo then don't worry about the countdown deal. Usually you can either do a countdown deal or free promo. To do the countdown deal your book must have been in kindle for at least 30 days without changing the price.

I think the free deal is okay. that's what I use.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by profdotcom: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
bros12345:

If you've set the dates for the free promo then don't worry about the countdown deal. Usually you can either do a countdown deal or free promo. To do the countdown deal your book must have been in kindle for at least 30 days without changing the price.

I think the free deal is okay. that's what I use.
okay thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.